PDA

View Full Version : New to FFR

Rhythmstrength
11-1-2010, 03:44 PM
Hello. I'm new here. I've played a few games on here already so techinally I'm not new lol. But yeah, hopefully all of you can give me some tips and some people to avoid on here like troll and flaming wise.

Thank you,
Rhythmstrength

crazyretard69
11-1-2010, 03:50 PM
Cool I"m new too

psychoangel691
11-1-2010, 03:52 PM
Welcome :) most people here are pretty helpful so if you have a question don't hesitate to ask someone. You'll figure out who the trolls are pretty easily lol

Rhythmstrength
11-1-2010, 03:53 PM
Welcome :) most people here are pretty helpful so if you have a question don't hesitate to ask someone. You'll figure out who the trolls are pretty easily lol

Thank you. Hopefully I don't learn the hard way who the trolls are :\. And I'll just you because you seem like you pretty much know a lot about this website.
So how good are you at this game?

OneHandNow
11-1-2010, 04:50 PM
Welcome! :)

rushyrulz
11-1-2010, 04:53 PM
Anyone who has ever posted in the garbage bin 5 or more times is an auto-troll.

Welcome to FFR! Be sure to read the stickes (Especially in the FFR General Talk forum). They'll help you a ton when it comes to improving your skill.

Rhythmstrength
11-1-2010, 05:08 PM
Welcome! :)

Anyone who has ever posted in the garbage bin 5 or more times is an auto-troll.

Welcome to FFR! Be sure to read the stickes (Especially in the FFR General Talk forum). They'll help you a ton when it comes to improving your skill.

Thanks Onehand and rushyrulz :)

karatesab
11-1-2010, 05:21 PM
I love your username, Rhythm! Welcome to FFR!

Rhythmstrength
11-1-2010, 05:22 PM
I love your username, Rhythm! Welcome to FFR!

Thanks! :)

PrawnSkunk
11-1-2010, 05:52 PM
forever alone

:' (

~Eli~
11-1-2010, 07:36 PM
Welcome to FFR! Be prepared for people to try and drive you away, it's just the nature of the game. I hope you enjoy your stay!

OneHandNow
11-1-2010, 08:13 PM
Welcome to FFR! Be prepared for people to try and drive you away, it's just the nature of the game. I hope you enjoy your stay!

What? People don't try and drive newcomers away.. wtf.

Zageron
11-1-2010, 09:33 PM
Welcome. :D

8 Hour Whore
11-2-2010, 03:27 AM
Anyone who has ever posted in the garbage bin 5 or more times is an auto-troll.(except 8 Hour Whore)

Why thank you! =]]
Also, welcome! Be sure to get your mandatory secks from me! Have fun and enjoy the place! (Need anything.. I got dirt on everyone and everything here) =D

x_Dragun_x
11-2-2010, 03:37 AM
(Need anything.. I got dirt on everyone and everything here) =D

Not me -.- Haha

I would recommend getting used to a Spread style of... gameplay? The game starts you out using the arrow keys, But a majority of the players that i have seen uses different keys so your hands arent so cluttered together. I personally like the A, S, K, L, keys A for left, S for down, K for up, and L for right. Its all personal preference.

There are some players who use 1 hand, It is a bit harder to get very proficient with, expecially later on with the "Hands" (3 or 4 keys at once) But then again, i have only used 1 hand when i started out.

Another thing is utilizing the "Speed mod" function in game. You can change it in the settings. If you do end up getting good at this game, and can complete harder songs, It is very hard to accurately read some of the notes on 1x speed. As they will be clumped together and hard to distinguish on some maps since they have only 1 color of notes. So i would recommend testing out 1.5, 1.75, and 2x speed. Seeing what you are comfortable with, and mastering that speed so you can read it!

Sorry its kind of long, But i hope you end up reading this and hopefully it helps!

And welcome to FFR ^.^ You can message me on my wall and i will help as best as i can!

8 Hour Whore
11-2-2010, 03:46 AM
Not me -.- Haha

There are some players who use 1 hand, It is a bit harder to get very proficient with, expecially later on with the "Hands" (3 or 4 keys at once) But then again, i have only used 1 hand when i started out.

Thats what you think =P
Also.. 3 key = "Hands"
4 key = "Quads"
=]]

x_Dragun_x
11-2-2010, 03:48 AM
Meh they are still hands to me, seeing as how the term come from ddr where you need to use your hand, since most people dont have 3 legs... and to hit 4 notes... you need to use your... hands? Yeah... so... quads = hands... at least to me XD

xharumoni
11-2-2010, 09:20 AM
Sonic's cool.
Welcome to FFR! =]

tastelikepeaches
11-2-2010, 11:54 AM
bonjour

psychoangel691
11-2-2010, 12:47 PM
Thank you. Hopefully I don't learn the hard way who the trolls are :\. And I'll just you because you seem like you pretty much know a lot about this website.
So how good are you at this game?

Eh I'm like a mid level player here not super awesome or anything lol. But I go through phases of playing a lot then just hanging out in the community without really playing much back to playing a lot XD

OneHandNow
11-2-2010, 03:29 PM
Can you believe how much fun you can have with the name RhythmStrength? ;)

Lol. funny guy. :D

tastelikepeaches
11-2-2010, 05:55 PM
bitch slap for onehand now

wargasm1
11-2-2010, 07:46 PM
welcome to ffr, little tip about posting here is alot of people will think less of you if u dont have oni even if they wont admit it.

Kingofcheese
11-2-2010, 08:13 PM
sup mang

RawMeat
11-3-2010, 07:47 PM
Yeah anybody can be new on Flash Flash Revolution. New People come all the time. Hehe!

WTFBrandon
11-4-2010, 12:00 AM
welcome to ffr, little tip about posting here is alot of people will think less of you if u dont have oni even if they wont admit it.

Nobody cares about FFR scores anymore.
It's bad and always has been, it's just something to pass the time with.
People who are now getting good will obv continue to play but most people who were top will just fall back and quit. Like how FFR was in the beginning.

Btw sup Rhythm ;D
You should play MEINCRAVFT WIF ME :DDD

championanwar
11-4-2010, 12:07 AM
Welcome aboard ^^

iamgoodhehe
11-4-2010, 08:09 AM
Its good to have you along for the ride :D

Kingofcheese
11-5-2010, 11:03 PM
Its good to have you along for the ride :D

If you catch my drift... ;)