Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > Brag Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2012, 06:01 AM   #161
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to wildfireskunk Send a message via MSN to wildfireskunk Send a message via Skype™ to wildfireskunk
Default Re: ITG/DDR Scores

Just came back from a trip to Amsterdam, visited Silverstone and played on their dedicabs! What a treat, being only the second time I've ever touched one. Although what a shame I've barely played in 2 years so I'm much worse than I used to be XD

Most of the day was spent replaying songs I enjoy from the past as I only had a couple of hours. Scores all sub-par...

Went to play Welcome to Rainbow, the machine had Mute's chart on which I didn't realise was different to the one I'm used to. Longer ending stream which kicked ass as that's the best bit of the song XD Managed a 98.16% on it, and was feeling it a lot more than usual.

Found some crazy chart for Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star in a pack of random files that was on there. Was a 15, had a few footswitches at the beginning before launching into a mega-length run. Gave up with around 60% score as I'd need to play a few weeks before getting back into that.

Favourite pass was on the entire Pokemon Medley. Found it on the machine, had to play it! 27 minutes of classic Pokemon choons! Wasn't as hard as Denjin K Megamix imo, but I couldn't hit all of the 16th runs very well due to being a noob these days.

On that note, I failed Midnight. noob.

And that's all. Thought I'd bump the thread. Oh, I've just moved house, might be able to move my machine in with me in the next couple of months. That'd be nice

EDIT: Dragon - Nice job on your recent videos! I keep seeing your posts on my phone but can't watch the videos XD Just got my laptop back so now I can catch up! With the things your passing now, I'm looking forward to seeing some hiiiiiigh scores on 170bpm stuff like R.E.M III Where would I get Schoedeingers Cat btw? That chart, and song are awesome XD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62518_10152178318565360_292351449_n.jpg (45.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by wildfireskunk; 10-16-2012 at 06:10 AM..
wildfireskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #162
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nvq5l7z2dcvjelt

Also I almost beat your score on welcome to rainbow :>

Im putting all of tachyon on my machine today and am going to start footspeed training
dragonmegaXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #163
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to wildfireskunk Send a message via MSN to wildfireskunk Send a message via Skype™ to wildfireskunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nvq5l7z2dcvjelt

Also I almost beat your score on welcome to rainbow :>

Im putting all of tachyon on my machine today and am going to start footspeed training
Get dat tristar on Welcome to Rainbow! I've got a 99.31% on the version I'm used to. LOVE THAT CHART SO MUCH <3

Good luck with the Tachyon stuff! I found that only Alpha was really any use back in the day, as it at least had some stuff at reasonable streaming speeds, or stuff with short bursts of faster stream. All of the later ones were just full of long 225+ stuff, or reasonable speed stamina charts with 2+ walls of 250+ stream XD Sure that'll be good eventually, but until you've found a decent amount of 195-215 stuff to practice on.

Not sure if it will help or if you will care, but here are some songs you might want to try as kind of 'milestones' for your play. I vividly remember thinking of each of these as a kind of iconic pass towards my footspeed/stamina improvement, roughly in this order.

Chromatic Blitz (ITG Rebirth)
Large Scale Aggressor (SSSC Pack)
Level 1-1 (SSSC Pack)
Midnight
Any 200bpm Dragonforce song
This Calling
One More Lovely
Vertex Beta

And for general footspeed improvement, I really recommend trying DeltaMax (the 15 in Tachyon Alpha), and Footsecks (the easier chart, think it's a 15, from Tachyon Beta). Both of those might well be unpassable for a long time, but the former one is a good guide on how your footspeed is progressing (and good for helping it improve), and the latter is good as it's very fast, but has easy patterns. If you try DeltaMax, I'll give you a tip now. For as long as you can, save your energy by only using your heels for as long as possible as when you start using your full foot it really saps energy fast. This video has an example of what I mean

Old 10-28-2012, 04:07 AM   #164
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Oh hey, we do have an in the groove scores thread? *posts*

Old 10-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #165
FrozenAngel91
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to FrozenAngel91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
Oh hey, we do have an in the groove scores thread? *posts*

ridiculously huge score post of destruction
Holy crap that's a lot of scores. It's nice to see a new person post on this board btw, it's really just been me and dragon for a while (and I guess both of us stopped posting ).

I only know some of those songs, but for the ones I do you have some extreme accuracy. 3 greats on summer in belize is amazing, especially because of that weird rhythm jump part (that always knocks me down quite a few greats), and you have good accuracy (and stamina) on delirium too.

I'd imagine hot stuff is a ridiculous amount of 180 bpm 16th stream so great job on passing that and getting what's probably a very good score as well. Also Kaleidoscope is on ITG? Is that the one from pop n' music, cause I love that song.

Anyways I'll post a couple scores I got recently on a ddr x3 machine I found, and a couple itg ones too I think.

I can do better but whatever, it's hard to PA ddr sometimes

Ow. I have no idea what I missed either >.<

Yay for ITG's easier timing. I got one on bloodrush heavy too but I didn't get a chance to take a picture cause the guy playing with me hit the button too fast >.<.

This song is....the best......ever. Seriously some of these new charts are amazing, anti matter challenge, 888, mei challenge, roppongi evolved d (and maybe all of the roppongi versions), loving a great deal of these charts.

awful score but yaaaayyyy pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarian
get a sand hack and don't chicken scratch it and if someone does something stupid hack burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannytwobyfore
I wouldn't blame them, playing jump dense Konami files in DDR would make anyone's dick hard, maybe that's why the only thing anyone does anymore is stream.

Last edited by FrozenAngel91; 10-28-2012 at 02:27 PM..
FrozenAngel91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #166
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Why don't you use an usb drive to take screens? Unfortunately, i can't tell much cause i don't know these songs and i hate dance dance revolution with a passion - thankfully nearly every machine has been converted to ITG2 here in italy.

Anyway, got these two earlier today so i'm gonna add them to the spamfest.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #167
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

I don't post because I'm not good =(
Old 10-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #168
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Kibblre - That's no reason not to post! If you play, you can use it as a way of measuring progress, and getting tips from other people

Mollocephalus - Oh you italians. Italy is home to the best european stamina and speed players! I wish we had as many ITG2 machines as you, and we here in the UK would have kept up

Also, how is your Above the Winter Moonlight score almost as good as your Delirium score? XD

Old 10-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #169
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Well, i think i was in a good shape when i did that Above the winter moonlight, while Delirium is particularly irksome to me cause it has turns and i'm still not very good at that... only played ITG seriously for ~1 year now

I've been attempting skor's dokudenpa a lot too, still failing at half of the last stream Q_Q
Old 10-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #170
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Fine, I'll post.

I really like this song and the chart. I'm hoping for the FC soon.

This was a pretty stamina testing file for me, seeing as I don't have any.

Same with this one, had to push myself to finish. Wish I would've gotten the 90% though.

First 12! (before I got my USB)

Second 12. I think this one was harder than Melting Nails.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #171
FrozenAngel91
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Well, i think i was in a good shape when i did that Above the winter moonlight, while Delirium is particularly irksome to me cause it has turns and i'm still not very good at that... only played ITG seriously for ~1 year now

I've been attempting skor's dokudenpa a lot too, still failing at half of the last stream Q_Q
Haha dokudenpa, I love that song to death and it's a pass goal for me too, but boy I can't even make it a couple of measures into the start of the long stream lmao. The fact that you make it that far is incredible. Still I thought that delirium was good, what do I know though.

Also @kibblre:

HOLY SHIT TEKNOPATHETIC AND TWIN DRAGONS. WHERE DO I GET THESE CHARTS, WHEEEERRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

You have great accuracy on the 11's btw, and nice job passing 12's. I'm just starting to be able to pass them myself, you might be on the same level as me. What can you get on quasar?

Quote:
get a sand hack and don't chicken scratch it and if someone does something stupid hack burn
Quote:
I wouldn't blame them, playing jump dense Konami files in DDR would make anyone's dick hard, maybe that's why the only thing anyone does anymore is stream.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #172
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

I got 98% on twin dragons on a sightread
The chart is annoying though, it's candlestreams the entire time.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #173
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel91 View Post
Also @kibblre:

HOLY SHIT TEKNOPATHETIC AND TWIN DRAGONS. WHERE DO I GET THESE CHARTS, WHEEEERRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

You have great accuracy on the 11's btw, and nice job passing 12's. I'm just starting to be able to pass them myself, you might be on the same level as me. What can you get on quasar?
Idk, those were on the machine when I first started playing on it. I have poor accuracy on Break Up because it's a pretty long song for me and I just got really lazy near the end, but Tekno is shorter so I can hit more accurately. I haven't played Quasar, it's not on my machine. If you give me a link I can try it out.

EDIT: Teknopathetic's in this pack: http://r21freak.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20169. I also forgot to say that I recently bought new shoes exclusively for ITG. I played Pheonix before the new shoes and failed it, but I got it the next week when I got the new shoes. I account it to these new ones weighing half of what my old shoes were.

Last edited by Kibblre; 10-29-2012 at 06:40 PM..
Kibblre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #174
FrozenAngel91
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblre View Post
Idk, those were on the machine when I first started playing on it. I have poor accuracy on Break Up because it's a pretty long song for me and I just got really lazy near the end, but Tekno is shorter so I can hit more accurately. I haven't played Quasar, it's not on my machine. If you give me a link I can try it out.

EDIT: Teknopathetic's in this pack: http://r21freak.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20169. I also forgot to say that I recently bought new shoes exclusively for ITG. I played Pheonix before the new shoes and failed it, but I got it the next week when I got the new shoes. I account it to these new ones weighing half of what my old shoes were.
Quasar is by eggman, and it was I guess originally intended to be a keyboard file, so it's in the original keyboard megapack, which you can find on icy's simfile pack thread but I'll also link it here.

http://izzysm.mine.nu/Other%20SongPa...ega%20Pack.rar

It might also be in the second keyboard pack (though I'm pretty sure it's in one) so give that a check too if it's not in there.

Anyways, I went to a new ITG machine today and found a bunch of stuff, including teknopathetic (yay ) and probably twin dragons too but I didn't end up looking for that. It looks like I was right though about us being close in skill level cause I got this on my second try on it

Which is really really close to yours, only slightly ahead actually. I then decided to whore it for a while to learn the stops and weird patterns and got this...

which I'm really proud of, and I think you can match. try for it next time you play, and get a quasar score too .

Anyways, one more notable thing from today

FIRST 13 PASS!!!!!

I know it's really probably a 12, but I don't even care. So happy about this. That last stream was brutal, surprised I came out of it with such a good score.

and lastly, here's a completely random score I took a picture of

Edit: I did not know shoes made such a difference in your playing ability, dang. Guess I should look into that sometime

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-30-2012, 02:41 AM   #175
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel91 View Post

FIRST 13 PASS!!!!!
I know it's really probably a 12, but I don't even care. So happy about this. That last stream was brutal, surprised I came out of it with such a good score.
Encoder is a solid 13 imo haha. That last stream is relentless lmao, nice job on your first 13.
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:45 AM   #176
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I played Pheonix before the new shoes and failed it, but I got it the next week when I got the new shoes. I account it to these new ones weighing half of what my old shoes were.
Shoes are a crucial aspect in playing ITG some even play just with their socks on, but if you don't have a dedicab or a ddr with modified flat screws in the arrows corners, you may end up hurting yourself. Besides, if you're not going for long sessions undisturbed, it may be a bit annoying to go around barefoot

Let me give you (and everyone else) some suggestions from my own personal experience and from what i've heard around.

Cheap and effective:
http://www.kalenji-running.com/en-GB/ekiden-50-8181520

Rather expensive, considered to be the best:
http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/puma...eturn-shipping

Experimental????? (also italian forum sry):
http://www.ddrplanet.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11360
Old 10-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #177
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

I have a $60 pair of pumas that I leave sitting on my fridge whenever Im not playing ITG. My regular shoes cost like $15.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #178
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Frozen, I can't just take a one of those files and stick it on my drive and it'll work, right? Don't I have to make sure the music is in .ogg format and some other random stuff?

I also think you're better than me. It seems you have more stamina than me. I just passed those 12s and I barely had enough stamina to do so.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #179
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Went to flashes for the morning...

Power going out mid-song, and consufing the **** out of me-

Power came back on, 96.92 Gravity blast (12)

Gravity Blast(14) Almost passed, I was really tired.

Stay Crunchy 95.8% Feat. Flash

Level 1-1 good effort. 197bpm, extended streams. I did well till the middle.

Quasi-Tristar Baby (Great chart) Feat. Flash
Old 10-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #180
FrozenAngel91
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Frozen, I can't just take a one of those files and stick it on my drive and it'll work, right? Don't I have to make sure the music is in .ogg format and some other random stuff?

I also think you're better than me. It seems you have more stamina than me. I just passed those 12s and I barely had enough stamina to do so.
Well yeah it seems my stamina might be better than yours (though not that much better), but my accuracy is really close I think. Though I am skillboosting right now cause of how much I'm playing lately, so if you played more you might catch up and pass me real quick.

Anyways I don't know much about porting songs to itg since I've never done it, you may want to ask dragon about that, but I went and looked up how to do it since I wanna try it anyways and so I can link you to it.

So here you go.

http://www.stepmania.com/wiki/Custom...roove_2_Arcade

Also make sure you get the right usb to port it, I've heard ITG doesn't recognize some of them. There was a thread for it a while ago that had some recommendations, hold on let's see if I can find it.

Oh you started it lol, welp anyways check out that thread you started and make sure you get a working usb.

Edit: and you already got one, nevermind >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
Went to flashes for the morning...
Nice job finally starring gravity blast! gotta be hard to keep FA'ing with such a stamina draining song, too bad about what looked like a pad miss, you could of had a much higher percent. Though I could swear your PA was better on your last run o.o

And also holy crap that gravity blast 14, that looked ridiculous. I'm suprised you didn't just quit out from running out of breath or nearly fainting or something lol, that looked way way way too draining. I bet you can pass that if you warmed up a little too, good luck with it.

Quote:
Super post about shoes
Okay then, will definetly look into this when I get money. I just play in tennis shoes right now and that works for me mostly, but maybe this will help me not get so many misses or random greats sometimes.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by FrozenAngel91; 10-30-2012 at 09:25 PM..