Old 01-16-2008, 09:33 PM   #15142
Fantasticone
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: MapleStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearis View Post
so yea is ms down or something?
Rebooting according to the announcement.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:44 AM   #15143
Fearis
FFR Player

Hell yea look what i just scrolled >>

Old 01-17-2008, 02:57 AM   #15144
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Hey, Noah, remember the other day how you mentioned how Jason got banned from sleepywood.net for something from an old post?

SAME THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME.

If I had been "warned" for the old post when I made it, I never would have been banned, but since they waited until I was warned for a more recent post to warn me for the older one, I got hit with a "over warning limit" ban.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:08 AM   #15145
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

It wasn't even bumped up to be noticed either...... Wow.........

I've not posted about 90% of what I want to post cause any ban now could be a permaban.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #15146
atalkingcow
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
I am amazed that four years later, they still have not corrected simple grammatical mistakes.

Also, "Internet" is a proper noun.
Orly? Hmm...well, I never really thought about that... although...the Internet is separate from say...my local network, which is also an internet. Just....smaller. ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama;
Jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex :) View Post
I'm setting up camp in my closet (it's suprisingly comfy in there!).
Old 01-17-2008, 09:03 AM   #15147
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
It wasn't even bumped up to be noticed either...... Wow.........

I've not posted about 90% of what I want to post cause any ban now could be a permaban.
I've done a little reading and it seems like you can have your warnings removed if you're in good standing.

And that like 7 individual warnings on record "justifies" them if they want to permaban you.

And to be honest, for all the things you or I have done, for them to permaban over this kind of **** would be kind of ridiculous.

EDIT: ok, I am now starting to think that maybe some mod had it out to get me. In the middle of the night, I get warned for a post from a month ago that wasn't bumped or anything. This warning gave me a 7th total warning, and THAT is why I was banned. Not because my active warnings were that bad, but simply because I had 7 period, including old inactive ones. That makes a ton of sense.

Oh and also: the warning was for "flaming" but I never actually FLAMED anyone in that post. I used vulgar language, but I didn't insult anyone. It's funny. My other active warning was for flaming as well, and the only "flaming" thing about THAT post is that I began the post with "attention: idiots". The rest of the post was me calmly explaining why everyone was wrong using 100% logic, and in fact, I do believe that I didn't even curse during the post either.

Hey Jason, do you know how I can go about challenging this? This is pretty freaking stupid.

EDIT: ugh... I just looked at other posts around the one I got warned for in the middle of the night last night and there is another post on the same page carrying a similar mood/message as mine, yet they weren't warned for it...

My post:
"Yeah, they'll be hitting about the same as Bishops THATS SO ****ING UNBELIEVABLE THEY SHOULD BE WEAK DAMNIT" (in response to someone saying that elemental weapons would give Mages an unfair advantage; Notice: this is supposed to be flaming)

Further down the page:
"Yes, mages are so broken durr hurr. Now go kill squids faster than an I/L with your mob attack. God damn so broken! DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR."

The only difference between them is that mine used the word "****" while the other post used MOCK RETARD talk. I'm sorry, but if you think "****" as a meaningless intensifier is more offensive than mocking mentally retarded people, then you're ****ing retarded.

EDIT: Ok, I know I'm getting a little carried away here. I'm just pissed that I was in the middle of making a lukless ranks update and someone actively decided that I should get banned for a month old post THAT NO ONE EVEN COMMENTED ON IN THE THREAD. And this is coming off of falling a little behind in the lukless ranks and getting bitched at by someone for not updating it CONSTANTLY when it takes about 4 hours minimum to put out an update. Honestly, I'm half expecting someone to pop up and go "oh well afro sucks he's banned im taking over ranks since he can't stop me 8)" and then they'd do a ****ty job, updating at about the same rate as me, but having a MUCH LOWER QUALITY. Ugh. People just make me so sick I can't stand it.

Last edited by Afrobean; 01-17-2008 at 09:58 AM..
Old 01-17-2008, 10:02 PM   #15148
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

Did they announce the 4th job patch? I haven't played maple in like 2 weeks haha.

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
Old 01-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #15149
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Afro
About El Nath PQ:
Quote:
Max damage the crog does is about 1.8k~.

If the one warrior has completed the stance quest (which gives 1.1m just from the final quest + stance sb), then he cant go in again being leader - you'd have to find another warrior who has the quest activated, and then the first warrior who had completed can enter again also with him.

Tip to all warriors; dont complete it - find a bishop and train in that map until 13x/14x (bishop + you only, all the others will be leeching exp) it is better EXP than training, although the bishop will be poor pretty soon.

At lv 129, I was getting close to 0.7% per 3minutes, while a 121 bishop was getting 0.9% per round.
I'll reply to your post later. xD
Old 01-18-2008, 12:12 AM   #15150
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Jason, that sounds almost like abusing a glitch. I'd rather just play things the way they're intended to be played. I'm already gonna be topping out at about 60% an hour on 1x, and that is already ****ed up.

Furthermore, I would kill everything before the warrior got to do hardly anything.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #15151
banditcom
FFR Player

****ing lame.

+8 2 slots on my helm and it blows on 9th. -______-
Old 01-18-2008, 07:23 PM   #15152
albaneenesk8r
I Fap For Justice
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to albaneenesk8r Send a message via MSN to albaneenesk8r Send a message via Yahoo to albaneenesk8r Send a message via Skype™ to albaneenesk8r

i just finally re downloaded this game and omfg it took up alot of C-drive space. deffy a large file game but very fun nonetheless
My hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04im View Post
u so heavy even aphro cant carry ur ass
Old 01-18-2008, 09:08 PM   #15153
arkaneshadow
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
****ing lame.

+8 2 slots on my helm and it blows on 9th. -______-

-______-, I can't find any 60% helm acc scrolls at all...
Old 01-19-2008, 06:25 AM   #15154
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

i cheated

highest i saw was 10.5 but whatev
Old 01-19-2008, 12:42 PM   #15155
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Dang, that's pretty impressive. I bet some warriors would be pretty embarrassed, even if you were using all those power ups. ;D

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 02:00 PM   #15156
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Tsugo, in case you don't know, he's using a +120 matk potion in that screenshot.

Btw Chris, what's your total matk with that on? Last I used one was level 102, which put me at 609+120. I have a screenshot of me doing 10500 with FA. xD

EDIT: Almost forgot, Chris. Here's what I was talking about when I mentioned quick bursts of speed and mounts: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z2cwnNF2OHw

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

Last edited by evilbutterfly; 01-19-2008 at 02:07 PM..
Old 01-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #15157
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Teleport would work just fine in those instances and wouldn't cost ridiculous millions.

If you just don't want to teleport, you could get yourself speed shoes, ic2, and speed pills and just walk around with speed. And notice: between your shoes and cape, that would only be missing out on 10~20 points, which really is basically nothing when you figure how much it affects your damage.

And especially before 4th job, you could even use red whip to max out speed and not even worry about losing out on ~100 magic attack from not having a real weapon equipped.

EDIT: it's 997 (877 + 120). And yeah, like Noah said, I was only using the 120 ma pot. The other icons up there are standard buffs that don't affect my damage at all.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #15158
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

I believe that there is a mount glitch. Notice her damage. If you attack while you get off the mount, the attack is actually applied twice. There was a CB video where he attacked the monster twice with the mount glitch.

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
Old 01-20-2008, 08:08 AM   #15159
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckj846 View Post
I believe that there is a mount glitch. Notice her damage. If you attack while you get off the mount, the attack is actually applied twice. There was a CB video where he attacked the monster twice with the mount glitch.

O_o
but but but

THAT WOULD BE CHEATING

I mean, it would be one thing if it was an intended feature. Like if your attack when dismounting was shot off like it was coming from a +2 booster'd attack or something, but DOUBLE ATTACKING? That would be ****ed up. Dude. If that worked, I could cast pig, then cast genesis and 1hk everything. EVERYTHING. Tell me that isn't ****ed up.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #15160
banditcom
FFR Player

Yeah it's a mount glitch that she's using. DKs would do it with buster and "1 hit" monsters. lol Like this vid: http://youtube.com/watch?v=KeCDltWXhYg You can see her doing it at squids and also in a few other spots, like near the end of the video.

I think it's fixed though. Not sure. Ask the MSEA forums.

Anyone up for GPQ tonight?

Last edited by banditcom; 01-20-2008 at 03:08 PM..
Closed Thread