Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2023, 10:22 PM   #21
Tru
e
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile Author

Default Re: [Explicit] Tag Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoper49 View Post
I know this thread is fairly old but I think this serves a purpose. I'd love to get my nephew into FFR but I don't particularly want him playing songs that feel the need to include the N word. I have a pretty low bar for what is "appropriate" since they hear cursing all the time but it would be a nice tool if songs could be outright blacklisted based off different content. Would make it a more friendly game to a wider audience.
The tag itself already exists in newer versions of the FFR engine. Explicit songs need to be activated in the options menu the same way we handled Legacy songs.

While we haven't had an update to the list in a while, the sheet/form is still active! If anyone comes across another song that should have a tag but doesn't, by all means submit it through the form.
Tru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 03:28 AM   #22
scoper49
Rainbow Dash is Best Pony
FFR Veteran

I actually did find the tags after I already submitted a song. Didn’t realize that’s what the [E] stood for. Still not sure what the [L] stands for. Language? FFR really needs a hover over icon explanation menu. Would really help out in a lot of places. I know it’s possible because a few buttons have that functionality already.

Regarding the explicit thing, I did find the option to disable explicit songs but I wish it had subfilters to only ban certain content. If I could filter slurs separately from plain cursing that would minimize the number of restricted songs. At least until the kids are older I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redorigami View Post
THERE IS NO GOD DAMN BOTH.
It's not an option.
My TCG Binder

scoper49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 04:31 AM   #23
ZeroArtisan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoper49 View Post
I actually did find the tags after I already submitted a song. Didn’t realize that’s what the [E] stood for. Still not sure what the [L] stands for. Language? FFR really needs a hover over icon explanation menu. Would really help out in a lot of places. I know it’s possible because a few buttons have that functionality already.

Regarding the explicit thing, I did find the option to disable explicit songs but I wish it had subfilters to only ban certain content. If I could filter slurs separately from plain cursing that would minimize the number of restricted songs. At least until the kids are older I suppose.
There actually is a hover-over in the options menu, under Game UI-Modifiers, you might need to scroll but you'll see the option to show Legacy, Explicit and Unranked Files.
[L] for Legacy.
Quote:
Shows very old songs that no longer meet the standards of today's files, but still remains as part of our history.
Edit: I noticed its not in earlier versions, but its definitely in the latest build. [1.5.3]

Last edited by ZeroArtisan; 08-23-2023 at 04:48 AM..
ZeroArtisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 10:29 AM   #24
scoper49
Rainbow Dash is Best Pony
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroArtisan View Post
[L] for Legacy.
Ooooh. That’s what it is. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redorigami View Post
THERE IS NO GOD DAMN BOTH.
It's not an option.
My TCG Binder

scoper49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 08:13 AM   #25
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Side note and probably not the right place, but the Legacy, Explicit, and Unranked Songs seem like they belong in the "General" menu instead of in "Game UI Visuals"

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote