Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Contested Chart Difficulties
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-9-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Malicious Fingers (67 or 75)

First impression playing through this 4-minute, 2500-note monstrosity: Silvuh got tired of making easy shit.

Second impression: This is not a 67. Extended >200 bpm jumpstreams with the occasional hand thrown in for fun create one heck of a test of endurance and speed. Hell, there's a 32nd roll section. The whole thing reminded me of Metal Squad, a high Master file at 75 with its length, density, aggressiveness (lots of jumps in the 8ths create density that tires you out) and speed. Even the intro can put you to sleep and make you miss after the seventh hand. Now for the comparisons.

EHHS v1 is a pretty solid 69 and that thing is 15 nps (180 bpm stream = 12 nps, +25% for a jump every 4th note) throughout, with an 18 nps splitroll section at one point. This new song EASILY tops it, particularly with the 32nd roll, and the new song is twice as long in both length and note count.

Intersect Thunderbolt, another 69, comes in with short to medium bursts of >16 nps stream, including layered jumps in the end to push it over 20 nps. That's about how stressed I felt trying to keep up with the long jumpstreams.

Destination of the Heart, straight 200 bpm jumpstream, but it's half as long and less than half the notes. Only a 68.

Malicious Fingers is not a 67.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #2
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Malicious Fingers (67 or 75)

Thread approved, sorry for approving it so late.

I do agree that it's similar to Lightning Strikes Again based on structure, but that's all. Malicious Fingers is 200 BPM. Lightning Strikes Again is 10 BPM faster, harder gluts (more hidden minijacks, more hands, all in all denser), longer (more stamina-draining) and arguably with harder solo sections due to harder patterns in the streams.

The parts other than the 16th dense jumpstream/32nd roll are not much harder than other borderline FMOs out there, most broken jumpstreams in this file are basically jumptrills, except for the 5-note handstream bursts at the end. Stark Raving Mad (65) has harder broken jumpstream sections (faster and more hidden one handed trills), for example.

Though, the 16th jumpstreams are very dense and definitely harder than any other jumpstream file in the 67-68 range based on density. However, the patterning in Malicious Fingers is very lenient compared to many other jumpstream files as it has no anchors and all in all very rolly, along with the length of the jumpstreams themselves; EHHS and Destination of the Heart has far longer jumpstream runs than Malicious Fingers. If Malicious Fingers had more jumpstream runs and/or harder patterning, I would definitely agree this would be in the upper FMO range along with Eradication, Pollyanna and Sleep, but it doesn't.

Comparing this to dr1 (patterns arguably just as lenient as Malicious Fingers, less dense, more run, faster), I find Malicious Fingers' jumpstream sections far less demanding (2 or 3 points lower) than dr1, despite Malicious Fingers being a lot denser. I don't think the section before it (other than the 32nd roll) would cause enough stamina problems to make the streams in Malicious Fingers harder than dr1.

Misrating on my part, I agree that this isn't a 67. 75 is definitely a tad too high though, I think 71 is a better fit, maybe 70.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #3
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

It's definitely not a 75 but I can see this being either a 71 or 72 based on eze's reasoning. The somewhat tedious 32nd roll part being so late into the file is what adds the extra point for me.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

To me, it played like a 72, patterns play like a 70, but the length adds 2 imo

Old 03-26-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
_Fluttershy_
72 Black Flags & Counting
FFR Veteran

Thank God someone made this thread, the whole time I've been thinking surely Malicious Fingers is higher than a 67, I'd be satisfied with it around 71-72 for sure! :P

Old 03-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #6
NeonSM
Я тебя люблю Маша
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to NeonSM

I was about to make this same thread, in no way is this easier than mario minor. I agree with at least a 72 rating.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:00 PM   #7
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

71 or 72 seemed about right when I played through it. Clearly no lower than 70 rofl

Old 03-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #8
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Already bumped it to where I thought it should've been upon first playing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
Closed Thread