Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Writing and Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 07:04 PM   #1
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution
Default Her Father's Drawings

I just wrote this in like 15 minutes or something. I really like the idea behind it, but I might too unclear or too obvious. Comment, critique please.

--

March 2nd, 2003

9:03 AM

I just woke up from a really bad dream. There was a man screaming because he was hurting so bad. I tried to help him, but then I started hurting too. We were both screaming and I screamed so hard that I ran away until I woke up. There is no breakfast ready on the table for me this morning. Father must be busy again.

10:44 AM

Father tells me not to come downstairs when he's busy. He says he loves me very much, but that he can't work on his projects when I go visit. He says it's because I distract him because he wants to play with me, but I think he wants to keep them a secret from me. He thinks I'll get too scared just because I'm only nine. Last night after Father went to bed, I snuck out of bed and looked at the papers he had left out. All I saw were a bunch of drawings of monsters and machines. I don't understand what's so scary about that.

1:12 PM

I'm getting annoyed; Father usually comes up for lunch just after noon. It's been over an hour! I'm going to put his sandwich in the icebox until he's ready to eat it. I hope he doesn't get mad, he really likes it when his lunch is hot and ready to eat.

1:39 PM

I want to go back to Illothu Square. All of my friends were nice there, and I could go outside without worrying. There was more to do than just climb rocks and look at the sand. I hate it here. I hope Father finishes his research soon so we can go back. Father says if I'm a good girl we can go back where my friends are. I don't even have any friends here. Father says keeping a diary is like having a very special friend who always knows how you feel, but I don't ever know what he's saying sometimes.

3:06 PM

I'm going downstairs to check on Father. I hope he doesn't get angry. Just after I wrote that last sentence, I heard a yell. I'm definitely going now.

March 3rd, 2003

3:54 AM

I've just found you again! I'm so glad you're not hurt either. Father was saying some bad things, but I think he's just being restless because we can't leave the house anymore. I hope he's not angry that I woke him up. Oh, I have to fix my knee, it got all bashed up while I was downstairs. I'll probably go to sleep soon, so I guess I'll lock the doors and windows.

6:22 AM

Father's getting restless again. More bad dreams.

7:30 AM

Breakfast is almost ready. Father must be very hungry, I think I'll bring his breakfast to him today.

10:29 AM

That wasn't a very good idea. I won't open the closet again.

1:02 PM

The noises from outside are making me nervous. I'm too scared to look out the windows. I hear footsteps all the time.

2:34 PM

My room is the best place to hide from them. When I sing to myself under my pillow, I can't hear them anymore! The only problem with that is I worry if they'll come for Father. Father isn't feeling well, but he's not one of them. I hope they don't take them because I was too scared to help.

4:43 PM

It's dark already. I hate it here.

6:02 PM

My fingers are tingling. I think I should try to eat something and go to sleep.

6:08 PM

I can't eat anything at all.

6:55 PM

I can't sleep at all, I can't sleep if I can hear them. I hope they don't get inside.

March 4th, 2003

12:57 AM

I slept a little bit, but my knee still hurts, and now my face does too. My pillow has a little bit of blood on it. I can't remember where Father keeps the bandages. I wish I could ask him.

3:00 AM

They're getting louder. I hear thunder too.

7:21 AM

I had a very short dream I was made out of flames, but I didn't feel like I was burning. They were gone, and I was happy. I threw Father's lunch from the other day down the stairs so he could have something to eat. I know it's a silly thing to do since the closet it locked, but maybe if he comes out normally he'll be hungry.

9:54 AM

I have a poker from the fireplace, I'm going downstairs to look Father's drawings again. I think one of his drawings looked like them.

10:09 AM

I know why Father didn't want me seeing his drawings now. I probably won't go to sleep tonight.

2:32 PM

I don't think the loud rumbling is thunder. It sounds like thunder, but it feels like an earthquake. I hope it's not more of them.

2:45 PM

I made a hole in the roof of the kitchen because it was too stuffy inside. They can't see it; they probably don't even know it's there. When I cut the hole I was very scared. The moon now has a face on it. The face is screaming. It's the face of the man from my dream. It's my father's face. Not his face, his new face.

4:12 PM

The fireworks festival is tonight, I wish we still lived in Illothu Square.

8:29 PM

Father won't wake up. He keeps screaming. I've tried to pretend like it wasn't real, like it was one of his games. It is real. I want to know who the men are outside of our house. All they do is circle the house, waiting to take my Father. My Father isn't one of them, he never will be. My Father isn't the moon either. The moon looks angry. It's getting closer.

March 5th, 2003

12:00 AM

I can see the fireworks from here. The moon takes up most of the sky now, I wonder if it will crash into us? I hope it takes the evil men away from my house when it does.

3:38 AM

Father escaped, I tried throwing things at him, but he wouldn't stop. The closet is broken, I locked my room and put the bed in front of it. I also blocked the hole in the kitchen and locked the door so they couldn't get him. He's outside my door, screaming like a monster. I want to help him, but I'm too scared. The drawings are too scary, I can't go near.

5:51 AM

The moon is covered with fire, it's going to crash in a few minutes. I jumped out my window and screamed when I saw them. They had the face on the moon, and they chased me. On of them bit me on the leg when I tripped, but I kicked him hard in the face. I ran up and climbed as many rocks as I could, just like Father taught me how. I can't see Father anymore, I hope he's still in the house. My leg didn't hurt for very long. He must not have bitten very hard, although I won't look at it. I can almost see to the top of Illothu Clock Tower. It only opens on the night of the festival. I can hear them still celebrating. The fire is very close now. I hope breakfast is ready when I wake up tomorrow.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #2
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default RE: Drawings

Wow, this really reminds me of LoZ: MM with the clock tower, festival, moon falling, and opening on the festival night. The rest I'm confused on, but it's well-written.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:38 PM   #3
slipstrike0159
FFR Player

Location: In the shadows behind you with my assassin's blade waiting to strike
Send a message via MSN to slipstrike0159

Very creepy, i like it! That was pretty good in my opinion

slipstrike0159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:39 PM   #4
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

Remember the little girl up on the weird house in the canyon? Remember how her dad tried to fuse himself with a re-dead to be able to talk to them? Remember how they were circling the house? Remember how she had to lock her dad in the closet?

Yeah, you're right on.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:13 PM   #5
Pumble
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Pumble

Yeah, i noticed it pretty quickly, haha. I like how you took a sidequest from a video game and elaborated on the story behind it. The diary entry format was a good, effective way to deliver it.

And yes, i'm only commenting because i love that game.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:59 AM   #6
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

I never actually played through MM. Good story though.
mead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:13 PM   #7
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924
Default Re: Drawings

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFishRevolution
Father isn't feeling well, but he's not one of them.

I knew it from that point.
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:51 PM   #8
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds
Default RE: Re: Drawings

Hella tight. Hella HELLA tight.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:53 PM   #9
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default RE: Re: Drawings

The creepiest thing about that sidequest is if you go in and try to kill her dad.

It makes me shudder when I think about it.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:50 PM   #10
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Old 02-22-2006, 01:50 PM   #11
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Old 02-22-2006, 01:51 PM   #12
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Old 02-22-2006, 03:33 PM   #13
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Old 02-22-2006, 03:34 PM   #14
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Old 02-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #15
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Old 02-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #16
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Old 02-22-2006, 03:43 PM   #17
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Old 02-24-2006, 05:43 PM   #18
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Default Re: Her Father's Drawings

whoa!! hey! where's my text? If the forum is going to screw up the post then it should at least display the text...not 35 other blank posts.

In other words, this is what my post and 1 post only was supposed to say:

Um.....if you shoot her father with an arrow then he is stunned. If you try to slice him with a sword or just plain walk up to him Pamela(Girl writing diary) runs infront of you screaming while pushing her father back into the closet.....haha!
Old 03-9-2006, 04:07 PM   #19
Abhorsen768
FFR Player

Smile Re: Her Father's Drawings

I never played that side quest... but I still knew it was LoZ. The moon gave it away to me... I know, I would make a good detective.

Me at a crime scene: "Well apparently he was murdered."

XD
Abhorsen768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2006, 08:36 PM   #20
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy
Default Re: Her Father's Drawings

lol majora's mask fanfiction

i almost thought this was original until the last paragraph X(

gj anyways