Old 05-14-2005, 11:11 PM   #21
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter
Default Re: RE: TWG XV: Postgame Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
Oh yes.... I'm god damn sick of being the savior of whatever team I'm on.

F*ck that, it gets me killed every single game.

Next game, regardless of being human or wolf, I PROMISE to be absolutely inactive. I won't be talking to people online. I won't be giving amazing insight and strategy in the forums. I won't be demanding to be seered nor will I be happy if I get guarded and forced to be the backbone of an alliance.

Basically, I am going to be worthless. Maybe then I won't get wolfed.
Tass finally realizes the importance of self-preservation in this game. HOWEVER, remember that your team has to win in order for you to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:17 AM   #22
User6773

Default RE: Re: RE: TWG XV: Postgame Coverage

I have to start by saying, Tps getting MVP is the stupidest thing I've seen this game. You do not give MVP to a member of the losing team. All the more reason to toss the idea forever.

NOW, THE ANSWERS EVERYONE HAS BEEN SEEKING. THE CHARDISH FAQ.

Q: How long had you been planning this?
A: The idea came to me when I introduced the psychic in TWG II. I realized that if a wolf betrayed another wolf and turned out to be right (thanks to the psychic), it would essentially prove his humanity. I didn't tell a single person about the idea - why would you, before you're going to pull out something big like this? People would suspect you forever. I'll never be able to do it again, of course.

Q: Who had knowledge of this plan, before you did it?
A: Kilga, and LD (who was at that point dead.) Both saw the screenshot.

Q: Did you really know posting a screenshot was against the rules?
A: No. And Kilga saw it before I posted it, and didn't say anything.

Q: So none of the other wolves were in on it?
A: No, they weren't.

Q: You're a jerk.
A: That's not a question.

Q: Was this a response to Alain coming under pressure on Day 2?
A: No.

Q: What made you decide to do it, then?
A: Two things.
1) The fact that this was a mark game actually helped the humans, not the wolves. They could be confident that at least one power player was a wolf. I was a natural mark, but I wasn't the master. I was a regular wolf. Thus, I was in huge danger of being seered and killed.
2) This game was more stacked against the wolves than any other I've ever seen. Witness, vigilante, seer, guardian, and psychic - plus the mark - plus the fact that they were all able to work together since day 1 due to an unbalance in the Vigi role, which should be permanently retired, never to return. The human alliance was completely impenetrable, even with the presence of the master. I decided it was time for more drastic action.

Q: Didn't you have any compassion? Isn't it mean to backstab your fellow wolf like that?
A: No, and yes. TWG is a game. It is not a microcosm of reality. The actions I take in TWG are the actions I think will best help me win the game (after all, it IS every man for himself. Going back to the original werewolf scenario, if you've been ripped to pieces by wolves or lynched by your fellow townspeople, after you're dead you don't really care which side wins.) If I die, frankly, I don't care about how the game ends. This isn't a matter of pips - this is a matter of just wanting to win the game, out of principle.

I keep my TWG-life and my real life separate. In fact, in this game, I was very irritated that I couldn't log onto AIM to talk about stupid stuff with my non-TWG friends without being bombarded with TWG questions from everyone. I was irritated that TWG was intruding too much into my real life. Inversely, in my final few conversations with Tass, I claimed that I was taking his votes for me personally, and I was pissed at him on a friend-to-friend level. I wasn't. Wolfish lies. There is no kindness or friendship in the game.

So should whoever I did this too be pissed? Yes - pissed that they lost the game, and nothing more. They shouldn't stop being friends with me, nor should they quit the game out of irritation. You lose games all the time, and some people lost this one due to fairly uncommon, unorthodox, and unexpected reasons. But it's a game, and the game is not reality. Keep the two worlds separate, and you'll enjoy both a lot more. The voice of reason has spoken.

Alain, sorry you didn't get the win. I didn't intend for this stunt to affect you. You can blame Tps for this (more on this below).

Q: Isn't this teamkilling/griefing?
A: Yes, but for a different purpose. In online multiplayer games, TK'ing is done just to piss people off and ruin the game for everyone. I did this to advance my possibilities of winning (obviously it backfired), and it ended up making the game more interesting rather than ruining it (in my opinion.)

ATTENTION WOULD-BE IDIOTS WHO WOULD TRY TO GET REVENGE ON ME: IF SOMEONE IS SO FOOLHARDY TO SELL ME OUT TO THE HUMANS NEXT TIME I'M A WOLF, I WILL REVEAL THE NAMES OF ALL THE WOLVES. IN PUBLIC POSTS. AND SHOW MY PMs, TOO, IN PUBLIC POSTS, JUST TO PROVE IT. BAN BE DAMNED. This plan was attempted once, and will never be attempted again.

Q: So what was the ideal plan?
A: In case you're an idiot, and haven't figured it out. Betray TPS and get him instalynched before people have time to think on it any more. In other words, shut him up before he reveals too much. At this point, the psychic validates the Tps kill was a wolf, and now I'm a confirmed human and don't need to be seered. Too much evidence in my favor - even when our numbers start whittling down, my move would just be too illogical if I were a wolf.

Q: Didn't you know he was going to lash back and call you a wolf too?
A: Yes. Who wouldn't?

Q: So what went wrong?
A: I pointed this out in my long defense post. I was stupid enough to hold an actual conversation with TPS to gather source images for the photoshop. Given more time to think this through, I probably shouldn't have done this, and spent more time instead fabricating a convincing photoshop. Bottom line, I predicted that he would get angry and call me a wolf, but that he wouldn't have any concrete evidence to back it up. I didn't predict that he would post the entire conversation.

I don't fault Tps for trying to screw me over in this manner. He WAS wrong to screw Alain though. I'm guessing he wasn't thinking too hard when he did that. Clearly, anger and hate, the Dark Side are these.

I got home from work at 4 AM that night, long after everyone in TWG had already fallen asleep. Here's where mistake #2 happened in my plan. I read the log that Tps had posted, but failed to start fabricating a log of my own. This was CRITICAL. This created a hole in my story too big for Tass to ignore: why didn't I have a log of the real conversation? Especially one so damn important?

Q: Can I see the screenshot again?
A: Sure: http://www.lightdarkness42.com/chardish/tpsisawolf.jpg

Q: Why is it JPG? You always use PNG!
A: Good eye. JPG dithering masked the traces of photoshopping I did (there were tiny tiny color variances between the words.)

Q: What all did you photoshop?
A: The conversation, the timestamps on the conversation, and the time in the system tray. Before I took the screenshot I closed conversation windows with the other wolves.

Q: Can I have the PSD?
A: Sure. AIM me if you want it. PSDs are relatively large files, and LD is already generous enough with his bandwidth that I don't want to steal more than I have to.

Q: Why did you wait to post the screenshot?
A: Hesitation. Also, the fact that I didn't want to be interrogated about it before I went to work. In retrospect, I should have planned this sooner and changed the timecode to be closer to when I went to work..

Q: Why did you do this when Tps was online? It would have been smarter to blindside him.
A: But also very suspicious. Why would I wait for Tps to go offline before I posted information damning him?

Q: Was Tps' conversation that he posted 100% accurate?
A: Yes.

Q: Didn't you forget about the witness incident?
A: Had you guys lynched Tps faster, this wouldn't have been an issue. I honestly wished you had rushed to action quicker than you did - this would have helped me out a great bit. It would have been a LOT easier to nail Jurs if it weren't for the conversation Tps posted.

In the end, I cost Tps the game, and then Tps cost me the game. Turnabout is fair play, I suppose. I've been smiling and laughing about it the whole way. I wanted a chance to play the evil behind-the-scenes manipulator and I got my chance. I wanted to make the game more fun and I did. I wanted to confuse the hell out of a lot of people and I did that, too. This has been my favorite TWG ever, and I died Day 3. Take a lesson from this, pip-whores.

Old 05-15-2005, 05:21 AM   #23
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

That was one of my favorite games, even if I did get screwed. I did over-react a bit, but it was worth it. I was lmao reading the next few pages of threads, and there thoughts on the situation. Who had it right, who didn't. Though, if I wasn't insta'd so fast, I would have had some good ideas to save me. I agree with Chardish that it was all part of the game, even though I wish it hadn't been me, and I have no hard feelings. Can't wait for the next game.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:37 AM   #24
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

I'd like an applogy from all those who voted me on day 1 (except for wolves, cause they knew what they were doing)

thx
Old 05-15-2005, 05:56 AM   #25
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Most stacked fucking odds ever.

oh btw Tass

Uhoh, someone is mad You aren't as good at the game as you thought lol.

Old 05-15-2005, 05:58 AM   #26
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

rofl @ ap

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:09 AM   #27
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XV: Postgame Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish
I have to start by saying, Tps getting MVP is the stupidest thing I've seen this game. You do not give MVP to a member of the losing team. All the more reason to toss the idea forever.
HOLY SHIT IT WAS A JOKE
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:24 AM   #28
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XV: Postgame Coverage

I lol'd at this game a lot. A whole lot.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:04 AM   #29
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XV: Postgame Coverage

Hans and I had a lot of fun while the Chardish incident was taking place XD
Old 05-15-2005, 10:12 AM   #30
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

Well, I was wrong. I still don't see why Chardish would dare do this while not being the master wolf, but ah well.

I'm going to be out of the next game or two, at least. I just don't have the energy to devote to this game right now, which lowers the quality of the game for everyone playing. I'll probably start playing again in a month or so, when my school year ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinno
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?
Old 05-15-2005, 01:15 PM   #31
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Well.

I'm just glad I was right about Alain in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:12 PM   #32
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Default Re: RE: TWG XV: Postgame Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly
I'm confused...what happened?
!?!?!?

EDIT: Nevermind, I stopped being lazy and skimmed the topic to see for myself. Way to go Chardish :P.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 05-15-2005, 03:27 PM   #33
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

HAHAHAHA. Oh god. Great game.

I was right about Chardish and Alain, but for the wrong reasons. I can see how you got fun out of this, Chardish. I would've. Some people take this game way too seriously, though.

I have nothing else to really say. I had fun with this game, but unfortunately I wanted to guard the seer one night, so Tass didn't get his pip. I don't want to upset him, unless he wants me to get into more detail.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 05-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #34
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

No one has appoligized to me yet :'(
Old 05-15-2005, 03:49 PM   #35
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

I would, LD, but I didn't vote for you.

I think...

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 05-15-2005, 04:28 PM   #36
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

there's nothing to apologize for, except for your ugly looks, but you should go to yo mama fo dat apologie

Old 05-15-2005, 04:43 PM   #37
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Hmm. Scott, I think you've yet to post a picture of yourself.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:59 PM   #38
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

I'm just as good at this game as I think I am ap...

I won games 1-5 for my team. I had game 12 won, if not nforcer's stupidity. I won game 14. I won game 15.

That is SEVEN games I won, and an eighth I had won if not for a mental hiccup.

Oh yea... Chardish. I can understand your actions and desire for it. But, don't act all high and mighty in that no one is allowed to ever do what you did again. Someone is more than capable of trying it in a future game.

Anyway... in regards to my previous comment... I won't be like blah was this game. I will make more than 2 posts the entire game. I will post my personal thoughts each day on the situations. I will not be active in talking on AIM, and I will not be happy if I am forced into an important role. This is regardless of whether I am human, seer, wolf, etc.

Frankly blah... you aren't one to talk about my statement with your actions this game.

Lastly, I'm frustrated at always dying, more than anything. Regardless of the situations, its starting to bother me, so I'm going to do what I can to make myself survive. I will not HURT my team in any way to further myself. I've never played the game that way.

I probably am missing something, oh well. I usually am. Too much to comment on. And, I'm looking forward to trying this new playing style in TWG16.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:18 PM   #39
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Quote:
Lastly, I'm frustrated at always dying, more than anything. Regardless of the situations, its starting to bother me, so I'm going to do what I can to make myself survive. I will not HURT my team in any way to further myself. I've never played the game that way.
I haven't lived a TWG since TWG II, but do you see me complaining? I could really care less how many freaking pips I have on a signature or whatever color it is. As long as you had fun and played a good game. Isn't that what a game is about? And jeez, it's just a forum game. It's not like you are playing in the Superbowl or something.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:20 PM   #40
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

You won this game flypie...