Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 11:19 AM   #21
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164
Default Re: TWG XXXIV

Tass... chill. He's new. At least he's thinking, and that's better than someone staying back and not posting. I'd rather have someone eagerly voicing their opinions than someone who stays quiet. Geez.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 07-25-2006, 12:47 PM   #22
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

Uh oh, looks like Tasselfoot won't be making it any further.

Tasselfoot was killed last night. He was HUMAN.

It is now Day 1.

You may vote now, and have until Thursday at 11:00 PM eastern in which to do so. You must vote before then, or I'll be pissed. After that time you will be able to post (unless you have been lynched) but not vote as that will be a night phase.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:52 PM   #23
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

oshi! We practically have no information still!

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:07 PM   #24
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

So we just wait for someone to say something stupid.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:47 PM   #25
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

LOL. Been killed night 1 the past 3 times I've been human. TWG30, 32, and 34. Was a wolf in 31, and was in Europe for 33. This make a total of 4 deaths on night 1 for me... tied with Hans for most. But I also have 1 night 1 save, making it 5 times I've been attacked night 1 as a human in about 22 games (5 I haven't played, 7? times as a wolf).

I kinda would like to play sooner or later.... haven't played in about 5 games now.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:12 PM   #26
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Night posting is dumb IMO. You basically talked about the wolfing and a little self fullfilling prophesy went down.

This game isn't going to be very fun since there is absolutely nothing to talk about for the whole game.

I don't know why everyone was throwing my name around as a good night 1 pick. Seems that tps mentioned it and everyone thought it was a good idea. Whatever though. Next time let's not talk about who the best wolf kill would be because the wolves will just go with whoever we are expecting to die and we will gain nothing from the wolfing. (And since we have very little data to work with this game, the wolf picks may be a big factor in discerning anything.)
Old 07-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #27
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

iggy

that post just seemed to scream "dont talk about wolfing me because i dont wanna catch flack the next day when i'm not dead"
Old 07-25-2006, 02:28 PM   #28
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Well afro you going for being wrong again? So far you've been wrong 3 times in a row. Might as well try again right?

Seriously though, taking a poll on who should die during the night is not helpful at all. It taints the wolves' choices and therefore nothing is gained from wolf picks. Normally I don't care about wolf picks because there is some type of strategy to discuss or something but this game is basically random stabs in the dark for awhile.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:51 PM   #29
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

FoJaR's IM is thisisfojar now, not theeastbaykid. Will update in first post as well, just making sure everyone notices.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:53 PM   #30
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Come on, people, a brick could've seen that death coming if you told it Tass was human. The night discussion did nothing.

Although I guess now that the wolves are out of obvious kills it probably would be a good idea to shut up during the night.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #31
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Night talking is there for if we really need to use it. Talking about whom we most think will be dead come the day really doesn't help us at all.

If you're worried about dying, however, and need to get a valuable piece of information out, then yeah, by all means post at night.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:12 PM   #32
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

thanks talis.

i agree with guido.

games with card flipping are about trusting no-one.

that's my sage advice for now.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:40 PM   #33
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymatrixcounter
Well afro you going for being wrong again? So far you've been wrong 3 times in a row. Might as well try again right?

Seriously though, taking a poll on who should die during the night is not helpful at all. It taints the wolves' choices and therefore nothing is gained from wolf picks. Normally I don't care about wolf picks because there is some type of strategy to discuss or something but this game is basically random stabs in the dark for awhile.
You're right. It's just the way you went about saying it that makes it seem odd.

Quote:
I don't know why everyone was throwing my name around as a good night 1 pick. Seems that tps mentioned it and everyone thought it was a good idea. Whatever though. Next time let's not talk about who the best wolf kill would be because the wolves will just go with whoever we are expecting to die and we will gain nothing from the wolfing.
let's break it down:

Quote:
I don't know why everyone was throwing my name around as a good night 1 pick.
Basically, someone mentioned you as a possible night 1 kill. I honestly didn't even notice anyone doing this. Why call attention to it?

Quote:
Seems that tps mentioned it and everyone thought it was a good idea. Whatever though.
Obviously you feel that you would not be a good night 1 kill. If you were truly apethetic (as represented by your "whatever though"), you wouldn't have brought up the topic in the way you did. It obviously bothered you.

Quote:
Next time let's not talk about who the best wolf kill would be because the wolves will just go with whoever we are expecting to die and we will gain nothing from the wolfing.
Not really. Wolves tend to do what a wolf isn't expected to do, unless they have something big to gain from doing what is expected of them (ie killing tass). Our speculating who would die wouldn't guarantee their death, because the wolves could just as easily leave them alive to garner suspicion (imagine how many people would be watching Tass if he hadn't died).

In the end though, I do agree. We shouldn't speculate kills, if only because it may give the wolves ideas or possibilities for frames (I'm looking at Fish's post during the night here...).

oh and ps
Quote:
Normally I don't care about wolf picks because there is some type of strategy to discuss or something but this game is basically random stabs in the dark for awhile.
You can't be serious. ALL GAMES start out with 0 information. This game is no different, besides that we could post during night 1 which would actually increase the amount of information (even if the information is useless).
Old 07-25-2006, 03:53 PM   #34
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Games usually start out with no information (barring people coming out Night 1 which is actually relatively common), but they often start out with something to discuss, like a special role or how to use an element of the game. How many games have we had where a role was broken before it could have been used? This one has nothing. Notice that you were the one that used the word "information", not iggy.

Also, just because you don't take note of something doesn't mean nobody else did. You said: "Basically, someone mentioned you as a possible night 1 kill. I honestly didn't even notice anyone doing this." And I'll return with the fact that I immediately wondered why iggy was there with Tass on the likely Night 1 kill list.

I'd love to go over some more of Afro's bad analysis, but I've got some gaming to do.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #35
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

you guys suck at taking my bait

So yeah, take my previous posts with a grain of salt. A few points are serious (his post really did have an odd feel to me) but other points (basically my whole second post) were pulled out of my ass in an attempt to get people talking. Evidently, I should try a little harder when trying to push people toward discussion.

ps @ guido: there are lots of games where no blues come out and there is no open discussion of possible blue tactics. Simply removing the blues does not break day 1 any more than an average game.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:15 PM   #36
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

omfg afro seriously you're breaking down my sentences like there's some hidden meaning behind them lol. You are digging pretty deep for your evidence. And on day 1 at that. If you didn't have a vote on me I would think you're just trying to get discussion out there. Why you've picked me as your horse to ride though I have no clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afro
You can't be serious. ALL GAMES start out with 0 information. This game is no different
Games will start with a discussion of roles, and then therefore lead to a discussion of strategies. While it's not related to who's a wolf and who's human. Wolves and humans interacting with what strategy to go with has been fairly huge IMO. Plus it has kept good activity from days 1 and 2. That's why day 3 and onward are so inactive, because most things have been set into place and there is little more to talk about. Games don't start with nothing, they start with everything and as the game goes on there becomes less and less to talk about.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:17 PM   #37
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

lol wow afro I knew something was wrong with you.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:22 PM   #38
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

How do we know Afro isn't just trying to save his own ass after making a bunch of stupid comments?

Old 07-25-2006, 04:36 PM   #39
mattc16
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to mattc16 Send a message via MSN to mattc16

He could be. It's hard to tell, it did strike me as a bit odd iggy going on the defensive like that straight away, not making any suggestions iggy but you're not usually like that.

Click for great online poker rakeback offers!
Old 07-25-2006, 04:43 PM   #40
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc16
He could be. It's hard to tell, it did strike me as a bit odd iggy going on the defensive like that straight away, not making any suggestions iggy but you're not usually like that.
Normally I let accusations like that slide, but afro voted me and therefore I thought he was serious about his extreme claims. Therefore I had to say something because I don't want a bunch of people to jump on a bandwagon.
Closed Thread