Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #21
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Re: Double, Maybe Triple Credit Days?

+1 to this concept, but possibly disable it for veteran accounts.

This seems like a blow to the idea of getting extra perks for being a veteran, but when you've been around and played the game long enough to get vet status, the general idea is that you're skilled and persistent enough to get those credits fairly quickly. Allowing non-veteran accounts access to extra credits would be just another of the many ways FFR sinks its fangs into unsuspecting newbies~
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #22
MarathonMan_94
FFR Player

I guess I can see where people are coming from when they say double credits takes away from the successful feeling of earning new songs and how it makes it easier. I can also see how Veteren players would not like this. Becuase they've played enough to get the credits required, unaided by a bonus day, and they might see it as unfair. Triple credits was rather an offhand suggestion whereas double was more where I was leaning, but I figured something out. If you play a song and get 40 credits and there was some sort of triple credits day or something you'd get 120. In order to get 90,000 credits you'd need to play that song, assuming you get 40 credits every time, 750 times. For some people that's still alot of plays. Now say there was a double credit day and you play the same song. You earn 80 instead of 40 credits. It would take you 1,125 times to earn 90,000.

That's still alot of plays. Now imagine if there was one double credit day every month. It would still take alot of time to reach 90,000, so I feel that, even on these days, someone would feel successful for reaching that goal of hitting 90,000 credits.

Last edited by MarathonMan_94; 06-17-2012 at 04:07 PM..
MarathonMan_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #23
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to wildfireskunk Send a message via MSN to wildfireskunk Send a message via Skype™ to wildfireskunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Weedmark View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm not -1ing this idea.

I just don't want all of FFR to get it in their heads that Planet Karma is supposed to be easy to earn. Some people have obligations, but that doesn't mean they deserve instant access to everything in a game just because it's a game. FFR is like anything else, prioritize it, or don't excel. Unlocking all 250 000 or so credits worth of songs in this game is supposed to feel good BECAUSE it's tough.
I don't think that having the occasional bonus day is exactly going to make Planet Karma 'easy' to get. If you have one double credit day a week, it's essentially going to mean that every 7 days you'll get an extra days worth of credits (unless you whore like a beast on that day). Hardly game-breaking, and considering the credits needed to purchase all of the songs too, it'll make things seem a *little* more achievable to newer players.

wildfireskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #24
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfireskunk View Post
I don't think that having the occasional bonus day is exactly going to make Planet Karma 'easy' to get. If you have one double credit day a week, it's essentially going to mean that every 7 days you'll get an extra days worth of credits (unless you whore like a beast on that day). Hardly game-breaking, and considering the credits needed to purchase all of the songs too, it'll make things seem a *little* more achievable to newer players.
+1

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #25
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
+1 to this concept, but possibly disable it for veteran accounts.

This seems like a blow to the idea of getting extra perks for being a veteran, but when you've been around and played the game long enough to get vet status, the general idea is that you're skilled and persistent enough to get those credits fairly quickly. Allowing non-veteran accounts access to extra credits would be just another of the many ways FFR sinks its fangs into unsuspecting newbies~
-1 to your idea. If there's going to be bonuses they should apply to everyone. Also, you're assuming all the vet accounts have tons of credits or easily earn them -- a false assumption. I don't have all of the Secret genre, for example, nor am I close. This is despite my grand total score and total number of plays being far greater than those of most people who have tons more credits than me.

Also, credits are heavily skewed more towards difficulty rather than effort. Credit caps do not serve to fix this. One way to fix this would be to offer some base completion credits for easier stuff, tapering off as difficulty rises (less base completion credits the harder the chart, until no base completion at a certain point), and no credit caps on the high end.

Because what is easy and quick for one person to earn who regularly AAAs FMOs or higher is near impossible for others to attain in reasonable time (at least strictly through gameplay). So, yes, someone very well can put in tons of effort and not get a lot of credits or vica-versa.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #26
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Credits aren't really so much about "effort" nowadays. Winning the 6th official tournament got me 600,000 and that was used for my own tournament. Of course that required genuine effort on my part, but I'm speaking in terms of people grinding the living shit out of this game.

Back before I even did any tournaments I only had like 30,000 credits from playing the game (and this was back when I was a stepmania player, haha). One of the biggest things that kept from me playing FFR other than all the other files to play through was pretty much the credits. If you're turning down this guy's idea, you're basically being disrespectful to everyone trying to get into FFR the Game.

Do you know where newer players are going to start? Lower level files. how many credits do these files give? SHIT. They're not playing the files that you guys are used to, and it's a big turn off to see upper tier players sitting with millions simply from tournaments and then getting met with "play the game more".

User-made tournaments can give a good amount too so you should definitely consider joining them if you want some relief from grinding this game to an unfun extent that would require a lot of time, but even then the amount of purchased songs and secret songs can be a pain in the ass.

What needs to be considered is that, you know, this game should also be *fun*. This suggestion encourages people to play the game more (as previously stated)

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 06-18-2012 at 12:01 AM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #27
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Riotpolice Send a message via Skype™ to Riotpolice

+1 <I agree with dos. This game is a huge turn-off for players who can't get jack shit from playing easy level songs. The more advanced players usually get like 40-60 credits during a song whereas a lower level player might get like 20-30 which is a huge difference because it means they have to play twice as many songs just to get the same amount of credits.>
Just my $0.02
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.
Riotpolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:44 AM   #28
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Weedmark View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm not -1ing this idea.

I just don't want all of FFR to get it in their heads that Planet Karma is supposed to be easy to earn. Some people have obligations, but that doesn't mean they deserve instant access to everything in a game just because it's a game. FFR is like anything else, prioritize it, or don't excel. Unlocking all 250 000 or so credits worth of songs in this game is supposed to feel good BECAUSE it's tough.
For the record, Karma's not really worth earning.

But I mean a few times like extra credit weekend and such would be awesome. Glad something's being done.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #29
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Dossar's comment makes sense except it doesn't because it only takes 4500 credits to unlock everything up to Voodoo People, the hardest secret song people who struggle to earn credits might not think is WITCHCRAFT.

Why would someone who earns 5-10 credits per song want to play Jamais Deux?

Credits have nothing to do with whether people stay at FFR or not. I imagine most people who leave do it because they either can't handle the learning curve or they don't get involved in the forums.

But like I said, I'm +1ing the idea. But it's sure as hell not because I think it benefits newbies. If anything I'm pissed off that so many peoples' knee-jerk reaction to challenge is that it must be the system that's broken and not them.

Last edited by Mike Weedmark; 06-18-2012 at 01:54 AM..
Mike Weedmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #30
Ninty64
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfireskunk View Post
Maybe if this was combined with some kinds of bonus for multiplayer (credit rewards for reaching various ranks, or new tokens for reaching ranks, X wins in multiplayer, etc etc), it would help the ailing MP scene?
+1 to helping to MP scene
I think playing in multiplayer should get you more credits period. At the core of many successful online games is incentivizing people to play with other people rather than alone.

I'd also support 2x/3x credit days. This is a game about fun, not about working hard. Get the hype up; get people to play.

I would be against 2x/3x grandtotal days, though. That would just create a lot of whoring and annoy many people who take pride in their grandtotal. Credits are a nice little bonus whereas GT is basically a statistic of your account. Dunno if this was mentioned or not, just throwing it out there.
Ninty64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #31
Velocity
Doing the wrong thing the right way since 2010.
Site and Game Administrator
AdministratorRetired StaffDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

There wouldn't be a multiplier for grandtotal, only credits. I don't think the multiplier for credits will be fixed either and will lower throughout the day or something.
Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #32
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Agreed with Ninty. Double credit days will ease the pain of people building up credits for secret-genre songs at the cost of further accelerating their inflation, whereas double GTS is just...no. Especially considering the non-event vROFL unlock requirements.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote