Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 04:54 PM   #1581
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
mellon has at least shown willingness to share, show what she's thinking...
And I did this in my longer posts without being pressured into doing it.

Examples:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Note: I wrote this last night using my phone to read. The numbers are the post I am responding to / discussing / idea shooting on.

I will not add links in before posting this. This will be a literal copy paste.

1153:

RB I don't think shooting you has any value both mechanically nor overall. You haven't done anything scummy imho. You're not like HOLY FUCK TOWNIEST OF TOWNS but certainly every person on that list (except maybe mellon) gives us more information to work with than you. Short hand is shooting you is not in best interest of town.

1154:

I really don't think me being in that list is nearly as important as your post in specific makes it sound. I earnestly have to think that maybe you're borrowing something out of Haku's entrance to the game though if you're still actually thinking Charu is a good shot. I am not a mechanics oriented player by any stretch (in fact I think this is a rare post where I feel comfortable even touching on them slightly) but there's only one fucking time I think shooting Charu is acceptable, and that is an absolute train wreck of a counter claim that makes him look like text book shit. You can call this sucking up to the bird if you'd like but no really, if I were the vigi I'd heavily consider shooting YOU for suggesting this.

That said if SK kills him in the night (LOL) feel free to without question use that shot on me. I deserve it at that point.

1156:

The issue is that more players are feeling you're town than the ones who see you as scummy or null. Shooting you would benefit maybe me and another player. I again don't object to shooting you, but in terms of what gives us the most to use, the only person on that list worth shooting maybe a little less is mellon.

Short hand is I still am watching you, but everyone else seems to think you're fine. We'll roll with that unless some others drift or I can make a better case about it. Which actually I can't because even I have to admit I think you're doing a lot better.

1165:

Actually this post is part of the reasoning I'm more comfortable not putting you into that list dude.

1157 / 1162:

LOL CHARU CALM DOWN.

on DFR voting Mellon /post 1177 makes me bring this up:

I feel the pressure on mellon is a tad less genuine. Is that just me? Like it's not quite "bad" pressure, but it does feel really forced to meet the requirements of pleasing our feathery friend.

1180:

I also agree that lynching shado here is bad. Best thing we can do is discuss and take advantage of his shot as best we can. I'm actually curious since you're a really mechanic focused player, who would you shoot right now? Your opinion is probably a different than mine.

I wanna touch on this post again later, most likely. Naggeth remind me maybe if you feel obligated. <3

1184:

Read list go over party time extravaganza xel get on with it and stop typing things I feel I have to read because they might be important oh god no why is this joke in here come on xel yer supposed to be serious now wtf mate you bastard is there a typo in here I imagine there is other than a lack of any deviation of punctuation what so ever:

Haku: I agree with your statement about early game but not quiteeeeee for the same reasoning. I don't think the interactions with me are QUITE one sided as earlier they were more both, but him riding me is fine I think. His posting has GREATLY improved lately so even I'm beginning to see it as he just sucks more dick than a penny whore at entering a game.

Zenith: ... We have seen a deal of reads and discussion from him. People just kinda aren't interacting with him the best? HEY ZENITH ANSWER THE QUESTION I ASKED @1180?

DFR: I actually am not too sure I agree with leaning him town instead of null, for reasoning I said earlier about the mellon push. (Which btw I didn't mention, was a somewhat MEH push.)

Charu is a snivey. Not a useless fucking charizard.

Precarious: I kinda am not fond of the mechanics focus, but to that end it is a very different POV than say me, who uses their gut more than any issues with mechanics.

Bitchy: I need to see a d1 post before I'll throw him out of the null pile.

Me: You have to tread through shit sometimes. TOUGH. SHIT. FREN.

Mellon: agree her response to dfr is ok

Oh, and I'm not forgetting anyone. I left one out and roundbox is either absent or I'm actually wrong, and did forget someone.

1188:

Man as far as aggression goes, I haven't gone that direction in a while. My issue lately with that is that it turns into just me trolling them and people brushing it off (as they should maybe, I dunno.) So I'm playing this super middle ground place where my trolly stuff is in the jokes. Except when telling wolfe how to play his role. (HAH.)

1193:

Read list go over party time extravaganza xel get on with it and stop typing things I feel I have to read because they might be important oh god no why is this joke in here come on xel yer supposed to be serious now wtf mate you bastard is there a typo in here I imagine there is other than a lack of any deviation of punctuation what so ever: V2

Haku: I think the best way for you to solidify a read on Haku is to ignore any notions of post counts meaning anything and just dig through pure content and ignore the question of Mechanics. Haku's been gone from TWG outside the turbo for a while (I THINK?!) So I'm not sure apply mechanical analysis of what he'd play like is quite the best idea? I dunno if that makes any sense but that's kinda why I'm in the state on him I'm in.

Zenith: I can see this for what I stated in the last one.

Wolfe: Not rly worth doing this one a second time.

DFR: I feel it's more of a loss of momentum? I'd love to see him just SPAM thoughts on the whole game in one great wall of post.

Charu is a snivey. Not a useless FUCKING. CHARIZARD.

RB: Just noticed I think juckster missed him actually. I forget he's here WHICH IS DUMB BECAUSE I KNOW HE MADE GOOD D0 POSTS AHHHHHHHHHH. I'll prob spend the night reading them or doing this at work on lunch.

Botchi: see above

Juck: Fair POV, but do you think with more activity he'd be a stronger town or do you think maybe he's feigning?

Mellon: I think Mellon tends to be one of the more quiet players (especially compared to say funnygurl?) Not sure if that's true 100% or if that helps.

Me: o.o

1199:

OH SHIT WOLFE WITH THE FIRE. Would love to see a good response to this tbh. Hopefully here when I got to post this.

Guess I'll drop a list (Least lynch-able -> I'd lynch / shoot)

Charu
Wolfe
Precar
round

haku
juck
dfr / mellon

botchi
dbp

I'd probably lynch from the bottom, and shoot from the middle here. Reasoning is I cannot stress that I accept I am probably wrong here somewhere. I think shooting from the null pile then lynching a player is the most optimal because we can adjust better. (Assuming we plan on using this shot today.)
Quote:
Holy fuck Charu

You should try one of my quote heavy rereads of a person and see if that helps you (assuming you can get to a PC because it's SO MUCH easier when you have context for the quotes.)

How he transitioned to playing good is curious tho

lol

I'm not sure I follow this properly tbh.

My mind has changed on packback a bit in that he still hasn't come back the way I was speculating he would. I expected a hard hitting post when he came bnack and decided talking about something non twg related was better?

We can talk about it more after you finish your full "proper" iso, but I am not sure what this pocket you refer to is about if I'm honest with you. I know it has to be me trying to pocket charu, but I don't think anything I said in this game leads to that possibility. If it's that i think discussing Charu is pointless, it's because it is till later in the game both logically and mechanically. And that'd really only be the case imho if charu either got counter claimed or was leading all the lynches and nabbed the cop or the vengeful / 1 shot.

I dunno if that's important to say or not.

Shooting Zenith is bad, you're much better off shooting me than Zenith, look at the work that man's putting in fam.

Shooting Charu is a shit idea because of Charu as a player. If this were a discussion on Tokzic, I'd actually be behind you and saying do it. Maybe even if it was Xiz. But Charu is a player that despite trolling puts winning first, and I don't think what Charu said in post one as a scum oriented role is a winning tactic, and is such a small chance of being one, that charu would never take it, unless he REALLY wanted a challenging game. Also every possibility as a shot is again the wrong interpretation. It should be "what shot benefits the rest of my comrades, and when?"

I think your best shots are in this pile AND ONLY this pile.

5. danceflashgun (danceflashrevo)
9. DaKnapsack (DaBackpack)
12. ho246 (botchi246)
13. Sell?Nah (XelNya)
14. Lucker1 (Juckter1)
15. melanxcholy (mellonxcollie)
I'd only justify a Zenith shot is if he fails to deliver the rest

And to be frank I think the best three are probably: dbp, me and melon pending dfr pressure response.

I can go into the zenith being bad when I get home but let's just say he's taking the whole perspective of town in with his isos, no players are being left alone in other words.
You've been told where I stand without me being pressured into it, more than once.

I've even somewhat buried some thoughts into the game to

Quote:
One more before I go to shower:

Huh, did you come to the conclusion I came to but haven't said yet? (I think someone else is there too, I'll have to recheck though.)
WoO!

Quote:
I can hardly wait.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:57 PM   #1582
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

It's between Xel and dfr for me. Mellon I guess is literally those two start giving me the best damn town responses they can muster.

But I think it's pretty set for those two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:58 PM   #1583
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Oh, a post from Xel, lets see...

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:59 PM   #1584
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Huh... why don't I remember these posts? Let me reread them in full I guess

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-12-2016, 05:02 PM   #1585
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Huh...

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-12-2016, 05:03 PM   #1586
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Well I stand corrected. I have no idea why that post escaped my thoughts. Probably because I just saw a giant block of text with no quotes and a post number thing that I didn't really want to look at.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-12-2016, 05:05 PM   #1587
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

it reads like someone who misread a shit ton of things

Why are you here?
Old 10-12-2016, 05:05 PM   #1588
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Real quick 'cause I'm running late.

I'll have my phone today, and will be reading anytime I get a chance to try to stay up to date, but I don't think I'll be able to respond that much. I'll declare my shot in the same post as my EoD vote. I've been re-reading since noon (it's 2:40 now), and have regained some feel for the game and a few pages of notes in the process. Right now, it's looking likely that I will shoot from the following:

2. Hakulyte
5. danceflashrevo
9. psychoangel691
13. XelNya
14. Juckter1

This list is still determinant on the posts of everyone throughout EoD, but I like it enough to find it unlikely that I'll stray from it.
Things to note about people off the list:

Precarious is town. His posts, his analyses, his tone, everything he's done is town and has helped town.

Zenith is really strong as a wolf, and has fooled me once before where I had him as one of my top towns, so it's important to keep an eye on him and not become too trusting as the game goes on. His posts to date have been good, though, so I'm not shooting him. In later phases, remember to keep an eye on him if I'm not around.

Roundbox has been playing a good towngame since EoD. I'm not too familiar with his town game, though, so I don't know if this fits within the scope of his meta. I did play with Wolf Roundbox in BOATS, though, and there are some similarities to be noted. It was interesting to see him reference that game himself, though, in bringing up the last time he did a "follow the vote". That could be an attempt to get in front of any correlation people could draw, but he's been contributing enough solid stuff to where I won't touch him.

MML had a really poor entrance, imo, where it seemed as though he was doing anything he possibly could to call everyone else into doubt in order to obfuscate his own role. Given that botchi was one of the two lynch options, and he had pressure on him, it is also possible that his entrance was merely an attempt to defend himself by calling out the people attacking his predecessor. This isn't enough to shoot him, since I can see him posting like that being motivated by either town or scum intentions. What's really saving him from being on the shootlist is that botchi actually looks good on re-read, so let's see how MML pans out.

mellon was on the list, then off the list, then on it, then off again. Her tone reads pure, and her logic is natural. The thing bothering me most about her is that she hasn't done much to date, and what posts she did have were mostly in regards to posts and players that had addressed her.

Charu's been posting a lot better in the last 24 hours. I like your prodding, birdfriend (despite your self-proclaimed hatred for me atm), keep up the detective work.

Okay now I'm late, but there's my thoughts to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 10-12-2016, 05:06 PM   #1589
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

@pre

Why are you here?
Old 10-12-2016, 05:11 PM   #1590
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Well then, Xel, it's not by a "longshot" then.

Probably even, with a slight edge on yourself actually.

I just remember the majority of your posts before then were very lackluster. That post was surprisingly juicy with your own thoughts.

Why is this game hard?

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-12-2016, 05:13 PM   #1591
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Huh... why don't I remember these posts? Let me reread them in full I guess
Wow I can't believe you missed them, they take up half a page by themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
This OMGUS attempt on me might have been slightly more convincing if Charu hadn't town read me on about 30 different occasions. This reads like someone desperate to get the heat off of them, and who hasn't been bothering to follow what's actually been going on. (The needless sarcasm only reinforces that--people often take that tone to diminish the credibility of whoever they're arguing with). Your wolf list also includes the only other person to push you, which sort of reinforces the notion that you're uncomfortable with pressure.

I feel pretty good about my vote at this point.
Lol. DFR saying Charu's been scumreading you and you're ignoring it was kind of funny to read, yes.

@Haku, nice defense of juckter, I think that actually got both of you some towncred. I'll see y'all at EoD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 10-12-2016, 05:15 PM   #1592
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Wow I can't believe you missed them, they take up half a page by themselves.
It's more like I saw a long post with a bunch of words and I didn't really care enough to read it.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-12-2016, 05:21 PM   #1593
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Updates to my post from yesterday:

I still like the way Haku and Zenith are posting. They both still have town leans from me

Replacements have checked in and still no CC to Charu or Shado. so they both gain some points there.

Psychoangel has not given me any reason to suspect her yet. Her play seems consistent with how I've seen her play in the past, and her reads seem like she is genuinely reading the thread and catching up. I can follow the thoughts and logic behind the reads. Town lean for now

DFR seems to have displayed some scattered behaviour. I still think that their logic is stretched and that many of their posts seem awkward. Still have the same read as yesterday.

Precarious - GUT READ tells me he is town

JK (but only kind of). I think that the way he has been playing has been from a very town-oriented mindset.

I know this should sort of be a null-tell but the fact that he suggested the phase extension really makes me doubt he is a wolf. There are so many ways the wolves could have taken advantage of that situation. but he was the one to nip it right in the bud. Town could have been royally fucked yesterday, but we weren't largely thanks to Precarious' suggestion.

Honestly if he is a wolf, at least he has enough honour to play the game properly and I really respect that so good job. But I haven't seen anything that screams wolf to me anywhere else. so for today he is in my town pile.

roundbox - I find this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Lol town is fucked at this posting pace

If you are town, you need to get your shit together. Do some analysis, post some reads. Stop sitting around. If you have time available, use it.
to be quite bizarre.

The post itself is a bit weird because it does not really say anything. Roundbox seems to want to tone to sound quite intense and concerned, but really it is extremely vague and doesn't offer any actual advice or input for what to do in the situation.

It is also weird because he did not take his own extremely vague advice. "If you are town, do this" and then he proceeded to not do those things. It seems like he just wanted to check into the thread, give the illusion of caring/being active and then gtfo

Follow the vote seems like an easy way to a) not think too much about the game or b) justify things that already fit a specific agenda. It seems like a way to appear to be putting in work while actually just being extremely vague with his reasoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 10-12-2016, 05:22 PM   #1594
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

won't be able to give a votecount for the next few hours, I'll be back an hour before EOD at the very latest.

Votes from post 960 to post 1592
Night in 4:38:49

---
  • Votes -- Lynch -- Voters
  • 1 -- MixMasterLar -- _Zenith_ (55)
  • 1 -- mellonxcollie -- danceflashrevo (32)
  • 1 -- Hakulyte -- roundbox (35)
  • 1 -- danceflashrevo -- Precarious (23)
  • 3 -- unvote -- Charu (213), Hakulyte (89), ShadoWolfe (68)
  • 5 -- not voting -- juckter1 (10), mellonxcollie (12), MixMasterLar (33), psychoangel691 (14), XelNya (38)

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 10-12-2016, 05:28 PM   #1595
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Just finished up reading through Zenith's posts and I don't really have a lot to say on it. Currently has a town lean from me as his posts seem genuine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Real quick 'cause I'm running late.

I'll have my phone today, and will be reading anytime I get a chance to try to stay up to date, but I don't think I'll be able to respond that much. I'll declare my shot in the same post as my EoD vote. I've been re-reading since noon (it's 2:40 now), and have regained some feel for the game and a few pages of notes in the process. Right now, it's looking likely that I will shoot from the following:

2. Hakulyte
5. danceflashrevo
9. psychoangel691
13. XelNya
14. Juckter1

This list is still determinant on the posts of everyone throughout EoD, but I like it enough to find it unlikely that I'll stray from it.
Things to note about people off the list:
If you can get a chance I'd like to hear why these people are on your shoot list. I haven't fully caught up yet so any extra info is helpful for me. I doubt I can get through every post before EOD at this point.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:55 PM   #1596
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

I just realized EoD is cancer as I work 5PM - 2AM PST 7PM - 4AM server today because inventory at work rip my soul.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:00 PM   #1597
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Wait no it's not
Old 10-12-2016, 06:01 PM   #1598
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

I'll have a 15 minute window to make a solid vote in I think, but it will be less than an hour before day ends because lol truck sizes probably suck dick today
Old 10-12-2016, 06:40 PM   #1599
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

3. R.E. Arxyi _Zenith_ - I can't read him properly. Null. (not voting him today so far, going to iso him soon)

4. SurelyWolfe (Shadowolfe) - Un-CC'd 1-shot-vigi, Town.

5. danceflashgun (danceflashrevo) - Low effort, Low content, but Town tone. Null *I need to go look up his wolf games

6. Charuzard (Charu) - It's Charu. Un-CC'd BPB, Town.

9. DaBackpack psychoangel691 - still waiting for content. Null (considering)

10. PriCARius (Precarious) - Still reading him as Town, but he has been a lot less present Day 2. I'm going to have to revisit his iso soon.

11. boundrocks (roundbox) - I'm liking his game overall and I like what he's been trying to do. Town

12. botchi246 MixMasterLar - Looking good from Charu revisiting his iso.

13. Sell?Nah (XelNya) - I'm not sold on him subjectively speaking, but his game objectively speaking is solid. Null

14. Lucker1 (Juckter1) - I looked up his previous game and compared it to his game right now and they feel about the same. Town

15. melanxcholy (mellonxcollie) - She's making my head hurts, but her tone sounds town. I got these weird vibes from her "Precarious gut reads" while trying to think at why she posted that. Null
Old 10-12-2016, 06:51 PM   #1600
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Your reads are bad.

No wolf leans or solid wolf reads.

Too many nulls and for not good reasons (Can't read, waiting on more from a sub who subbed in not long ago, and one fucking blank read with no alignment).

Town reads I guess are (ok) though you have multiple one liners and nothing in depth.

"Official FFR Babysitter" needs to get babysat in TWG lmfao.

Closed Thread