Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-3-2009, 09:35 PM   #61
fido123
FFR Player

Default Re: The Vista Excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Yea, I'm sure my computers 2.6 ghz quad core and 9800 gtx graphics card and 4 gigs of ram is just not enough for ffr. Vista doesn't suck. It runs smooth and quick. It just does not run well for ffr.
Worked on mine but I'm not doubting you...****ing thank you for talking to me reasonably because I will listen to you =3. Now I'm really curious and I also agree with you on it not being Vista's fault rather than it being FFR's.

Quote:
I am also getting a computer science degree if we are going to play this little game.
In no way would I discredit anybodies post, however thus far most posts have been people raging, saying the same thing, and bull****ting. I was just stating I do know a fair amount about computers but I in no way think my word is God, ever.

Last edited by fido123; 08-3-2009 at 09:40 PM..
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2009, 09:42 PM   #62
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Vista/7 gets a terrible rep on these forums that it doesn't entirely deserve.

Yeah, it (Vista, not 7) sucks, but I assume FFR has become really resource intensive since I stopped playing. That's the only way I can explain the poor performance. I mean, I was playing FFR on an 888Mhz Pentium III with maybe 128 or 256 MB of RAM and no dedicated graphics running XP years ago, so it MUST have gotten substantially more resource intensive.

Izzy's theory about vista just sucking at flash sounds reasonable, but I have to wonder why they wouldn't fix that in 7.

ps I read through through this thread and almost everyone who posted acted like a retard.
Quote:
you can't detect the difference between 26 average fps and solid 30 because you suck
Quote:
Just hopping in for teh lulz
And your browser is processed by....exactly
Quote:
I know how to program in several languages including ASM which works directly with the computers hardware so I know how an OS works at all levels.
how dumb can you ****ers act holy **** are you all twelve or something come on

Last edited by MrGiggles; 08-3-2009 at 09:57 PM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2009, 09:46 PM   #63
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

i made the switch and becamet a better player

how about you do the same, switch to xp today
Old 08-3-2009, 10:02 PM   #64
thunderstrike687
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to thunderstrike687

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
I repair computers for a living and I do a lot more than just reformatting. I'm going to College for Computer Systems Technology and I spent most of my spares in high school hanging out with the IT guy in his office talking to him as my schools small and spares are pretty lame. I also spend a lot of time learning about computer on GNU's IRC network. I like to think I know a lot especially over something as easy as this where people are assuming it's their OS when they hardly know the detail about how a computer or OS works.
Congratulations dood. I repair government computers and manage the classified networks of this country. I happen to know what I am talking about too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy_2004
i love a food
thunderstrike687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2009, 10:07 PM   #65
fido123
FFR Player

<+Ether_Man> Running that game in a spectrum of machines now and all get an fps of about the same regardless of which VM I test it in..
<+Ether_Man> All gets around 300fps, regardless of being vista, xp, 7, debian or centros

He also mentioned something about some GPU's handling flash horribly for whatever reason, that could be the problem? This guy is a professional staff member of GNU. He said it's more probable that the game is just coded badly and therefore has lag spikes because of it, and since OS handles different things differently, this could be why it's bad on Vista, and therefore not even Vista's fault.

EDIT: Never said you didn't know anything. And I can do much more than that, I'm not even assuming I know more than you. Instead of saying I don't know anything why don't you give your input?

EDIT2: Sorry I just kinda get pissed off when retards just blindly point their fingers and blame Vista for everything including why somebody had their keymapping in FFR set wrong...and also quotes as Mr. Giggles said however with that last one I wasn't saying "I know how to program I know my ****" rather than knowing how ASM works gives you a vast understanding about how a computer actually works at the hardware level.

Last edited by fido123; 08-3-2009 at 10:15 PM..
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2009, 10:12 PM   #66
Gilly G
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I don't think it really matters whether this is a technical debate or not.

My computer is an XP I got back 6 years ago, my sister's is a Vista laptop she got 2 years ago, my dad's a Vista laptop from 4 years ago, and my mum's an XP we got back 4 years ago too.

On both XP computers, FFR is able to run smoothly (although I need to replace my keyboard on my mum's computer for optimal performance).

On both Vista laptops, FFR skips. I have not been able to AAA Excite Bike on either. Replacing my keyboard like I did for my mum's computer did not help (showing it is the computer itself and not how I am not used to the keys).

I've tried reducing the lag by doing certain things certain websites tell me to do to improve the Vistas, yet this has not helped much.

I hardly think you can say the computers are bad for both, they run just fine for everything else. The fact that both computers don't work isn't exactly my idea of a great computer.

I don't believe you need to get very technical, you just need to try different things. I've tried once at a friend's house (earlier this year) who had just gotten his Vista a month ago and FFR ran just fine on it. So I am not saying it's not good for running FFR, but tends to work less often.

I have never seen anyone complain about FFR not working on their XP computer whereas I've seen quite a few complain about FFR on their Vista. This is just me though, perhaps people have. Once again, I am not saying that it doesn't work on Vista, just the fact that it doesn't work on all Vistas is not very befitting.

I'm not a Techie when it comes to computers so if you sell me a computer and I have to modify certain options on it, I might not know exactly how to do it. The fact i have to search on the internet doesn't help too. Of course it's easy to search, but I'm not really looking to buy a computer so as to improve it afterwords because certain programs don't work.
Gilly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2009, 10:19 PM   #67
thunderstrike687
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

its a combination of multiple factors which acccomodate for vista's lack of ability to run flash smoothly on some machines, including mine, which has a dual core 2.6ghz 4 gigs of ram and a 9800GTX. Vista just seems to suck for flash, and that can also be contributed to the fact there isnt a dedicated version of flash for vista along with different hardware configurations, browsers, etc. A benchmark of flash fps says nothing to how smoothly FFR actually runs. Obviously a computer of my caliber can handle a silly flash game, so explain to me why my game is so choppy and skips on my vista platform and not on my XP desktop. This isnt an argument about Vista, and thats what you are missing. Vista itself doesnt suck. The way Vista runs flash sucks.

Quote:
yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
Quote:
i love a food
Old 08-3-2009, 10:35 PM   #68
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

FFR works perfectly for me, and I'm running on 2 GB's of RAM, and on an Intel Celeron. No problems here.
P.S. it's also on Vista.
Old 08-3-2009, 10:35 PM   #69
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstrike687 View Post
dual core 2.6ghz 4 gigs of ram and a 9800GTX.

Thats almost exactly the same as my computer. Maybe thats the problem.

=(
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2009, 10:57 PM   #70
thunderstrike687
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Thats almost exactly the same as my computer. Maybe thats the problem.

=(
We're too cool for FFR apparently.

Quote:
Quote:
i love a food
Old 08-3-2009, 11:02 PM   #71
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:
and also quotes as Mr. Giggles said however with that last one I wasn't saying "I know how to program I know my ****" rather than knowing how ASM works gives you a vast understanding about how a computer actually works at the hardware level.
right but unless you coded vista yourself I have an issue with you claiming you know exactly how it works. I mean, different OS's handle stuff differently and it's not unreasonable to theorize that Vista could make issues in conjunction with certain hardware. Also it's late and work sucked and I was in a bad mood and needed to yell at people. <3 you.

So, are we all in agreement that with certain components, Vista and 7 have problems playing FFR even on high-end machines? Because it's certainly starting to sound like everyone is slowly gravitating towards this conclusion, although the "why" is still in debate.

Last edited by MrGiggles; 08-3-2009 at 11:10 PM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2009, 12:05 AM   #72
tj28
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I still stand behind my excuse.

Did two runs of BB Euro, got 11goods on the run on XP and the same amount of goods within 200 notes on Win7.

Both setups were 60fps+.
tj28 is offline   Reply With Quote