my local theater had its DDR Extreme replaced with DDR X

It got removed after no one ever played on it for obvious reasons

RIP DDR :<
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:10 AM   #22
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to wildfireskunk Send a message via MSN to wildfireskunk Send a message via Skype™ to wildfireskunk
Default Re: DDR X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob bob View Post
Me and one of my friends are going to a namco funscape up in London soon, where it has Euromix, Euromix2, X and X2, we've always wanted to try DDRX/X2. However, these are usually very busy and in poor condition. (there's only a handful of X2's in the UK, most are in london/blackpool/Great Yarmouth, which are the main tourist areas)

All we have down here in Portsmouth is a broken DDR Fusion, A really good euromix 2 (50p for 3 songs, and in great condition) a decent euromix and Crap Supernova (pads suck)
EM2s are literally armageddon-proof. If you see one in bad nick, you know you're in a rough area.

I popped by Namco the other week and both the X and X2 had broken arrows on both sides, and the SN near them had a stuck arrow. Only the EM2 is worth playing there, unless you don't mind bad syncing and pad issues.

Tbh, if you're going to London and want to play dance games head to the Trocadero (get off at Picadilly, follow signs) which has one of the only playable X machines, a fusion, a guitar hero, and if you're lucky a custom ITG machine. They're all hidden on the ground floor by the trampoline and toilets. Or imo better is to head to the Las Vegas arcade just around the corner near Chinatown. It has the newest PIU mixes, DJ Max Technika, GH, and that X2 from my photos. It keeps its machines in good condition too, and we're in talks about getting an ITG in there.

Did you ever get a chance to play the ITG2 machine in Clarence pier during the 5ish years it was there? When I get my machine working properly again you can come give it a go if you want, although that'll be a while yet

wildfireskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #23
bob bob
This Is How We Do It~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bob bob Send a message via MSN to bob bob Send a message via Skype™ to bob bob

unfortunately, no i didn't. The first time I saw it (about a year ago) the machine was turned off (which i later found was because the machine was in awful condition) Then the one time it was running it I saw it had tons of hacked songs on there but it was quite busy. (one of the only times I've seen the machines busy here) Then it was scrapped. (at least that I believe happened to it)

Ill consider going to the Trocadero or Las vegas, as it seems like the people running the arcade actually care about the machines.

EDIT: Just looked at whats at Trocadero/Las vegas, seems like most of the machines are in better condition than the namco funscape, Ill speak to my friend about it and see if we can go there instead. (trocadero especially, according to zenius-i-vanisher, it has 2 sm cabs!)
5th Place: 7th Official Tournament D5

Last edited by bob bob; 06-30-2012 at 04:40 AM..
bob bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #24
LongGone
-
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I thought Trocadero was dead? Closed down or something..

I played at the Las Vegas arcade, which had PIU, Technika 2 and the DDR X2 which I mentioned earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
people age at a rate of about 1 year per year
LongGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #25
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

their definition of 13+ isn't at all like the ITG 13. Instead they just drown the chart with incoherent gimmicks and lightning steps instead of mines. The crossovers in DDR games are also abominable.

This game was just as bad as all the others after Extreme 2
Old 06-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #26
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Yeah, X2 was pretty crappy stateside. The Japan cabinets did look nice though. Fortunately DDRII only had some of the good crossovers, but I don't play the Challenge charts, so those are out of my level of opinion.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #27
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
their definition of 13+ isn't at all like the ITG 13. Instead they just drown the chart with incoherent gimmicks and lightning steps instead of mines. The crossovers in DDR games are also abominable.

This game was just as bad as all the others after Extreme 2
It's still technically 1 - 10 difficulty by the old rating system/ITG system. They just changed it to a 1 - 20 so they could rate the 10's better (so you know which of the 10's are harder, etc).

Currently there are no level 20 songs (yet).

PS: Vanessa is actually a nice chart, minus the ****ed up ending crossovers/12th spins.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #28
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to wildfireskunk Send a message via MSN to wildfireskunk Send a message via Skype™ to wildfireskunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob bob View Post
unfortunately, no i didn't. The first time I saw it (about a year ago) the machine was turned off (which i later found was because the machine was in awful condition) Then the one time it was running it I saw it had tons of hacked songs on there but it was quite busy. (one of the only times I've seen the machines busy here) Then it was scrapped. (at least that I believe happened to it)

Ill consider going to the Trocadero or Las vegas, as it seems like the people running the arcade actually care about the machines.

EDIT: Just looked at whats at Trocadero/Las vegas, seems like most of the machines are in better condition than the namco funscape, Ill speak to my friend about it and see if we can go there instead. (trocadero especially, according to zenius-i-vanisher, it has 2 sm cabs!)
I don't know who's been spreading rumours of being in bad condition, but that wasn't the reason for it being off. Me and a few other Portsmouth locals were responsible for the machines upgrade, and taking care of the machine. Specifically I took care of the pads, and they were in sterling condition as anyone who came to any of the tournaments would attest. At some point in 2010 the machine failed to boot, and before we got a chance fix it they decided to send the boxor off to their regular engineers. That was the last we ever heard of it, and without telling any of us they sold the empty machine off to some random guy up north. Pissed us all of no end with how much work we'd put into the machine... We had about 1200 songs on it, and if you've seen it in action chances are it was me or XTempestX playing

As for the ZiV database, it's kinda correct. There's only one DDR SM machine in there, but the last 5 times I've been to London it's been off, and the locals report exactly the same thing when they try so I'd not count on that. The other SM machine is a PIU machine, but it's not as good as the 2 new official mixes they have at LV!

If you want to keep up with the latest goings on with the London dance machine scene throw me a message and I can invite you to the facebook group if you're on there.

Longgone - The Trocadero closed all of the upstairs floors, but they moved a few of the machines down to the basement level, and have since opened up a little 1 floor arcade down there.

ddr_f4n - I'd imagine kommisar probably meant the songs that were meant to rival the difficulty of ITG 13s. I can't think of any boss songs I've really liked since SuperNOVA, as they've tended to be bad charts or they rely on gimmicks to add to the difficulty. Or both!

Old 06-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #29
bob bob
This Is How We Do It~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bob bob Send a message via MSN to bob bob Send a message via Skype™ to bob bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfireskunk View Post
I don't know who's been spreading rumours of being in bad condition, but that wasn't the reason for it being off. Me and a few other Portsmouth locals were responsible for the machines upgrade, and taking care of the machine. Specifically I took care of the pads, and they were in sterling condition as anyone who came to any of the tournaments would attest. At some point in 2010 the machine failed to boot, and before we got a chance fix it they decided to send the boxor off to their regular engineers. That was the last we ever heard of it, and without telling any of us they sold the empty machine off to some random guy up north. Pissed us all of no end with how much work we'd put into the machine... We had about 1200 songs on it, and if you've seen it in action chances are it was me or XTempestX playing

As for the ZiV database, it's kinda correct. There's only one DDR SM machine in there, but the last 5 times I've been to London it's been off, and the locals report exactly the same thing when they try so I'd not count on that. The other SM machine is a PIU machine, but it's not as good as the 2 new official mixes they have at LV!

If you want to keep up with the latest goings on with the London dance machine scene throw me a message and I can invite you to the facebook group if you're on there.
Im guessing that means that sm machine is broken then, oh well, it sounds like there's still a good amount of other machines there.

Also that's annoying to hear about the ITG machine. (although im guessing the guy up north is pretty pleased)

I may also send you a message on the london dance machine scene.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #30
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGone View Post
I thought Trocadero was dead? Closed down or something..

I played at the Las Vegas arcade, which had PIU, Technika 2 and the DDR X2 which I mentioned earlier
Wait.

You were in Las Vegas? orz
Old 06-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #31
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Las Vegas is an arcade in London :3

Old 06-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #32
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

damn, I thought LG was swoopin through Las Vegas without even a fist bump
Old 07-1-2012, 01:37 PM   #33
kommisar
Dark Chancellor

so I played horatio on ddr x today on soft pads at animaritimes

it was a "15" and it was piss easy lmao
Old 07-1-2012, 01:45 PM   #34
bob bob
This Is How We Do It~
FFR Veteran

to be honest though most of Horatio is trills, and not very fast ones at that

Old 07-1-2012, 01:49 PM   #35
kommisar
Dark Chancellor

it was like 145bpm 16th trills. whoever is making the charts over at konami is an elitist prick who refuses to make charts differently or fun
Old 07-1-2012, 01:54 PM   #36
DayMan951
yfwdbwdsb
FFR Veteran

Quote:
it was like 145bpm 16th trills. whoever is making the charts over at konami is an elitist prick who refuses to make charts differently or fun
you mean dukamok?

Last edited by DayMan951; 07-1-2012 at 02:01 PM..
DayMan951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2012, 02:08 PM   #37
kommisar
Dark Chancellor

he doesn't work there anymore
Old 07-1-2012, 02:40 PM   #38
bob bob
This Is How We Do It~
FFR Veteran

but wait, konami have to use

~shock arrows~

Old 07-1-2012, 02:44 PM   #39
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
so I played horatio on ddr x today on soft pads at animaritimes

it was a "15" and it was piss easy lmao
Like I said, songs there are still technically 1 - 10 footers by Pre-DDR X/ITG ratings

At most 11 or 12
Old 07-1-2012, 02:56 PM   #40
bob bob
This Is How We Do It~
FFR Veteran

Just divide the ddr x rating by 1.5 and that usually gives you a good idea of where it would be on the ITG scale