Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Art and Graphics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 09:08 PM   #1
dancingmaniac3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to dancingmaniac3
Default photoshop experts look here (please?)

Ok well, on the new Sony PSP's, theres this thing where you can like create your own custom skins for your PSP. Well i decided to make one for my friend but he wants like so much stuff. And im not that good with cropping pics or anything or making designs n whatnot...

My Proposal:
...so i was wondering...if anyone here that has mastered photoshop can help me make a design for my friend's PSP. Supposedly you just design the Template how you want it and you send it back somewhere and they put it on your psp for you.

My friend wants a blue/black color on both sides (of course an awesome bg..ya know) and like an action picture of Michael Vick (atlanta falcons football quarterback) and Michael Jordan (nba star) on the FRONT. I can provide the pics for you if you want...it's just a matter of cropping n placing, which i cant do for shit.

On the Backside, he wants like a San antonio Spurs (Nba) logo with a picture of Tim Duncan on the left half of the psp back, and then on the right side, Donvan McNabb and Terrell Owens with of course the Philly Eagles logo.

this is alot to ask and i know its hard but i would thank anyone dearly if they can get this done. Senate or aperson i hope ur reading this cause you're both Gods at this stuff and i hope u can help me.

Additional stuff, such like motion blurs of the players would be greatly appreciated. Anything else you can add would also be awesome. Thank you in advance.

here is the PSP Template

http://s05.imagehost.org/1283/psp_template.jpg (i would post the image itself instead of the link but the image is big...you might have to reduce the size with photoshop.)

Heres how far i got with it before i realized i cant do crap

Also, if u dont mind, you can just use the same background i have there...my friend and i already like that one..

Disregard the spurs thing i just left it there cuz i couldnt figure out how to use it.

Heres an example of what other designs look like

THANKS IN ADVANCE omg i'd freakin love you to death if u can do this for me...

edit: Heres a good pic of michael vick you can use to crop:

http://home.pages.at/plummer/Michael%20Vick2.jpg

same with michael jordan

http://www.fbp.ru/bns/wallpapers/mic...0jordan0_2.jpg

a good one of McNabb

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/up.../MCNABB-DH.jpg

and a good one of Terrel Owens

http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albu...l%20Owens2.jpg

OMG if u can do this for me ill love you for life. thanks in advance x 100000000
Old 07-25-2005, 04:34 AM   #2
senate7377
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to senate7377
Default RE: photoshop experts look here (please?)

I'll work on it... I'm not "skin" savvy, but it shouldnt be too hard. BTW - PM me with your friends name, I'll add a little extra flair to make it more personal. I'm going to take the template and trace it in Illustrator so it it will be scalable vector, my friend has an iPOD and he did his own skin using a template. It was too big, and he had to shrink it down a little to make it fit right, and it caused the image to look really bad becuase it was a disproportional shrink... so, ywah I'll do it, at some point this week. I'll PM you when I'm done.

I'll tell you now, that images on the front aside from just an abstract design, isnt going to look all that great becuase we'll either have to shrinkthe image CONSIDERABLY, or there will be sections missing from them becuase of the buttons and control pad. However, if this is of no consequence, I'll do that. I'd suggest on the back, the logo of the team that each player is on, with each player underneath. THey'll have to be shrunk, OR I'll find a new image... Thinking about it now, I'll prolly have to do 2 or 3 designs and let you guys pick from that based off of the criteria you've given above.
senate7377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:45 AM   #3
dancingmaniac3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to dancingmaniac3

Awesomeness thanks a million man....Im pretty good with photoshop (my new sig) n stuff but im just not good with doing templates or cropping pictures n addin them on n stuff. I can do other designs with rendering and crap but thats about it lol. Anyway i pm'd u already so yeah. Thanks a lot man i owe u one

edit: Well, if u think u can make it look better without having to use an abstract background, go for it...but as long as theres still a nice color scheme, i dont think he'll really care. And i know what you mean because when i tried it i had to shrink the images really low. Anyway ill show u how far i got before i realized it looks like crap.

The place where he sends it automatically cuts off any excess stuff hanging off the sides of the template, or that cut into the psp circle in the back.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:14 AM   #4
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Basketball is really dumb.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:45 PM   #5
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

Norway is really dumb.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:45 PM   #6
senate7377
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to senate7377
Default Re: RE: photoshop experts look here (please?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy
Basketball is really dumb.
...and the relevancy scale dips down into the red....
senate7377 is offline   Reply With Quote