Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Default TWG LXXXVI Postgame!

Looks like this game was a win from the Humans!

Thanks to a sheer amount of luck, a stupid host at the end-of-the-game decision, Mak was able to get a killing blow on the final forces of the wolves.

Player List
1. tupacodaman (tupacodaman) Human, wolved Night 2
2. clarinet89 (clarinet898) Power Seer, wolved Night 3, rez'd Day 3, wolved Night 4
3. argo15 (Argo1516) Ritualist, sacrificed Day 3 for clarinet89
4. rzr (astickytree) Timeless One, lynched Day 3, died Night 4
5. freakysnots (freakysnots) One-armed Vigi, lynched Day 1
6. iluswirl (iluswirl) Wolf Mute, insta'd Day 2
7. u84 (u84 77) Corrupt Savior, lynched Day 4
8. Gun92 (james92hofmann) Lynchbane, engulfed Day 1
9. Makilaz (Benderchan) Lost Soul, engulfed Gun92 and became Lynchbane, WON
10. DarkmanticoreX2 (DarkmanticoreX2) Phantom Keeper, wolved Night 1
11. Viccica (MMViccica) Savior, wolved Night 5
12. massflavour (massflavour) Vampiric Wolf, vigi'd Night 1
13. sc979 (sam97379) Midnight Master, fun-lynched Day 5
14. emerald000 (emerald3x0) Loner, WON
15. AC1speakerbox (ac1colossus) Human, saved by Vic, vic died, became Seer, WON

MVP: sc979, for being a lone wolf for the latter half of the game but remaining undetected.
LVP: freakysnots, for being impulsive and throwing away his vigi 10 minutes into the game. However, it did happen to kill a wolf, but strategically, you're ****ing stupid.

Other host comments: Was very surprised sc made it through most of the game with such a ****ty role. You guys are way more revealing of your roles than I thought you would be, so that turned out to be the downfall of some of you. Oh yeah, the roles!

Code:
2 Humans
REDS

You are the Vampiric Wolf!

Your power is passive, but is very valuable. If the target you wolf at night is human, they will become a wolf.

Remember, this will only occur when you are alive, and can only occur to one target. If you happen to wolf another human, they will be killed rather than spared.

Your wolf cohorts are:
B
C

You are the Wolf Mute!

I hate to say this, but it really sucks to be you. 
You are not allowed to post in the thread unless you are voting.
If you do post in the thread, you will be cardflipped.

You may talk on any other messaging service including private messages, AIM, etc., anything but the topic.

However, you have level 2 voting power. (Your vote is equal to 2 votes)

Please do reassure me you are active. Since you cannot post in the thread, just make sure to give me some indication.

Your wolf cohorts are:
A
C

You are the Midnight Master!

You are a very special wolf, mainly because you are not alble to be killed at night.
That's right, you're invincible half of the game.

Your wolf cohorts are:
A
B

BLUES

You are the Savior!

You may pick one target each night to try and save. If the target you pick is human, they will be united with you.

When united with a target, if you or the target receive a killing blow, you will die, but your target will gain seering powers.

Now make yourself useful and save a soul.

You are the Phantom keeper!

You have a very strange and mystical power indeed. You will gain +1 voting power for each phantom you have.
However, these phantoms must come from votes placed upon yourself instead of missed votes.

If you obtain 3 phantoms in a row, you will gain the possessed status, where you will not gain vote power, and your votes will be completely random throughout the remainder of the game. Yes, your random vote can land on yourself and it will count.

You are the Ritualist!

You have one simple power, you crazy punk.
At any phase in the game, you may sacrifice yourself to bring another player back.

Be wary, you wouldn't want to save a wolf, right?

You are the Power Seer!

You are no ordinary seer. 
You may choose 1 target to seer each night. You will receive their role PM.

However, with power comes presence. The wolves will be given a list of candidates who the Power Seer could be. One name will be automatically taken off each night you use your power.
Remember, this list becomes shorter with every lynch and every wolfing. Be careful.

Also, your mental powers are very unstable and you will kill a random person if you are lynched.

You are the One-armed Vigilante!

You may choose 1 target to kill at any point in the game.
However, after you have used this kill, your voting power will be completely nullified.

Do remember that you will still gather phantoms even though you have no voting power.

You are the Lynchbane!

You cannot be lynched! Instead, someone who voted for you will.

You are the Timeless One!

You find yourself loosely bound by the constraints of time.
You will receive killing blows 1 phase later, but you must vote for lynchings during night.
If you miss your nightly voting, you will get a phantom.
Your vote will not be displayed until the end of day or until you submit it to the thread.
Your phantoms are invisible to the public.

PURPLE

You are the Corrupt Savior!

You may choose 1 target each night to try and save. You will successfully save your target if they are a human.

Once you have saved them, you will be united. If you or your target receive a killing blow, your target will die.

Your sole objective is to survive.

You are the Loner!

You absolutely hate people. You think others' existence is absolutely disgusting to you.
That's why you must ensure that all 4 players living on your floor must die.
Whether they're red, blue, or any other fun color, you can only win if they're all dead.

You are the Lost Soul!

You've nothing left to do in this world, and you've served your purpose. This is why you are going to adopt someone else's life.
If you are only accompanied by one other player on your floor, you will kill them (regardless of phase) and take their complete role.
Your sole objective is to survive, or fulfill your new life's goal.

Last edited by roundbox; 08-30-2009 at 02:54 PM..
Old 08-30-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2
Default Re: TWG LXXXVI Postgame!

Wasn't mak the lynchbane? why did he die instead of someone who voted for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

let's consult random.org, if it doesn't hit sc then we get same results lolololololol

how the hell did I mess something up like that

Old 08-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

and I seriously just flipped tails on random.org

sc died

what the **** roundbox what were you thinking
Old 08-30-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
sc979
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sc979

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox
****ty role
8 blues and 3 reds, with 2 of us having useless abilities. Seemed really biased against us.

Last edited by sc979; 08-30-2009 at 04:19 PM..
Old 08-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

tupacodaman (tupacodaman) - I tried to save you the night you got wolfed. It was due to my delay that you died, I wasted time trying to get lucky and randomly pick someone on the first night. So I feel kind of bad about that. Especially since my trying to pair with you was on the same phase you died. :/ Day phase came around and I got a PM that said "YOU'RE TOO LATE" and I was all 'D:!' But.. didn't talk to you much outside of that. So.. I guess good job staying under the radar.

clarinet89 (clarinet898) - Did a fabulous job as seer, found us a wolf and was altogether oodles of fun to play with. One mistake was you slipping up and saying freaky's role was your own. Made it obvious once freaky was found out to be a fraud that you were the real seer to sc, who was a wolf suspect at the time and actually ended up being a wolf. Aside from that, didn't see mistakes. That was the only crucially bad move of yours in the game I think.

argo15 (Argo1516) - You followed orders well. Using your revival thingy to bring back clari. Sad that she ended up dying the next night phase, but I guess that made the wolves lose a night phase having to target the same person two nights in a row, so not entirely a loss.

rzr (astickytree) - Well.. Dunno really what to say. I didn't like the random bitch fest between you and freaky in the middle of the game. You seem like an alright guy, but you get too angry too quick. Don't want to play games where you have the 'eff this, they don't believe me. I quit.' attitude. Not very fun. Aside from that, you're a funny guy to talk to during games, but seldom say anything of relevance or importance. And when I told you I didn't fully trust you you got a really poor attitude towards me. I found that to be really uncalled for.

freakysnots (freakysnots) - Although it's nice to see people really getting involved in the game, you really just ended up hurting the human team. Your enthusiasm was great. Using your vigi immediately was a big mistake, it could have given us a bit of an edge when clari found out ilu was a wolf. Even though mass ended up being a wolf, it was dangerous of you to do that right away. That was mistake one. Mistake 2-20 or so was you spilling bunches of role information in the thread. It got to the point half the roles were publicly known. Badgering people about their role and constantly crying wolf was what got you lynched in the long run. You helped a bunch by establishing the human alliance and finding out a bunch of roles, but you just seemed like you were running around like a chicken with it's head cut off most of the time. A lot of your discoveries were as much out luck or just irritated people who wanted you to back off as they were people legitimately coming to you. Kudos to you for figuring out almost all of the wolves by the time you died... Less kudos to you for saying every player was a wolf prior to that.

iluswirl (iluswirl) - Yeah.. you kind of got screwed in the idea you couldn't talk in the thread to defend yourself. When the seer found you out it was pretty much a done deal. Didn't talk to you personally, I don't think. And your role stopped you from communicating in the thread. You got the really ****ty end of the stick.

u84 (u84 77) - I hated your role. Didn't talk to you much at all for the duration of the game. Sorry, not much to say. And your role kind of... Sucked for me. When tupac died I could only hope I'd beat you to AC. Made it a bit of a worry for me.

Gun92 (james92hofmann) - You spent most of the time you were in the game being all quiet and stuff... Stop doing that. Just a note: I didn't intentionally get you killed. I had completely forgotten Makilaz' role got you killed when it was just the two of you. That was my bad. Don't think it would've changed much, though.

Makilaz (Benderchan) - I think I'd have to say I liked your role the most in this game. Seemed like a really fun way to mix it up, what with taking on the last person's role. And oddly enough, it ended up helping the human team in a weird kind of way by not letting a lynch happen effectively and would've given Ac a chance to seer someone.

DarkmanticoreX2 (DarkmanticoreX2) - Night one wolfing. Can't say anything about it, really.

massflavour (massflavour) - You got to play a whole of two minutes. Can't say anything about you. But if it's any consolation I was pretty annoyed that freaky did that. Even if you were a wolf.

sc979 (sam97379) - I think that it was a bit silly for you to come out as a wolfsbane role. Not a good way to stay undercover as a wolf. I wanted you lynched, though... You did a great job dodging suspicion, though.

Brilliant Dynamite Neon (MegamnGTX) / emerald - It was fun playing with you for like. One phase, emy. As for BDN, might've been him being busy, but I didn't see him trying to achieve his goal, even when someone on his floor was up for the lynch.

AC1speakerbox (ac1colossus) - I'll be the first to admit I was hoping I'd pair with tupac as opposed to you, I thought he'd be the better partner and addition to the human alliance than you if I succeeded.. But I'm content with the outcome. I can't believe you still voted for Mak, though. Despite my telling you that if a lynch went through on him a random person who voted the Lynchbane would die. That could've easily hindered the human team. I swear, it's like you completely ignored the PM that I sent you. The humans ended up winning because of it, of course. But c'mon...

Was probably the most fun I've had in a TWG so far.

(Sorry if my evaluations kinda suck)

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu

Last edited by Viccica; 08-30-2009 at 05:50 PM..
Old 08-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
clarinet89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to clarinet89 Send a message via MSN to clarinet89

Yes, I was stupid and told sc my role, but i was a little rusty and excited and I
screwed up. Nevertheless, I think it was a fun game and I'd like to play more roundbox games.

Next time, I want to be a wolf. I've been a human role of some sort for a long time.

Also, was there any specific role pairings with the floors or was it random?

Questionable Content
Old 08-30-2009, 07:27 PM   #8
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

I thought this game was pretty poorly designed. I thought the wolves had this game easy. There was a good chance the wolves could get a 5 vote control by converting someone and using their double vote. But freaky's random kill was pretty awesome. Yes, very very very dumb but that was just awesome. It completely destroyed the wolves' best player imo and really balanced the game. As the game went along, I noticed that the wolves were actually more screwed than I had originally thought because all the wolves had roles that were "wolfish" and could be discerned that they were wolves.

All that aside, Freaky did a good job organizing everything together and coming out with no guarantee of being saved. However I have to dock him for leaking information. An effective alliance is done on a need to know basis. If everyone knows everything then the wolves are going to make the best kills and worse case scenarios happen for the humans.

It seems like there was more emotion than actual evidence and logic going on. Never let emotions get in the way. It's nothing personal, it's just a game so play it like a game.

Everything else aside, I thought this game delivered the kind of randomness that's to be expected from a mystery game. If anything, I would like to see a "higher" level of thinking being put into play. (Perhaps there was more "behind the scene" talking that I no doubtingly missed.) Spelling and grammar go a long way too guys.

Oh and roundbox, even though it's a mystery game, YOU should know your own game XD.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:58 PM   #9
AC1speakerbox
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AC1speakerbox Send a message via MSN to AC1speakerbox

I voted Mak cause it was the safe bet.

Good game folks.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #10
iluswirl
Clueless & Comfortable
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iluswirl

HOLY CRAP you mean we lost THAT?

ROFL humans would have been OWNED if we hadn't lost mass 10 minutes in.

EDIT: Also, we still probably would have owned if we had known there was no guard. I was looking through the floors and found there seemed to be a structure as this:

Floor: X
1 wolf
2 Blues
1/2 purples
1 green

1 of the blues had a more "passive" role, per se, so the other had an "aggresive" and could interfere/use other people.

That's where tupac came in. We had a list of almost everybody's roles by that point, so I said to sc, you know, it's kind of looking like tupac would be the guard.

Unfortunately, there was no real guard. Just a human guard.

And then 24 hours before I was lynched, u84 came out and started helping us out, giving us literally every role in the game. The only problem was, sc was a lone wolf at that point, and there was nothing any of us could do about it. We knew clari was guard, and we knew argo would revive her, so we did the logical thing.

Anyway, good game. Freaky, I officially hate you for this game, and good night.

Oh wait, it's not time for bed.

Last edited by iluswirl; 08-30-2009 at 08:22 PM..
Old 08-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #11
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Yeah...... This game would be fun if i wasn't killed the first night every game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:05 PM   #12
clarinet89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to clarinet89 Send a message via MSN to clarinet89

A good wolf would keep manti alive and match wits with him. That would be fun to see.

Questionable Content
Old 08-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #13
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran

**** vic

that's about all i need to say.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #14
iluswirl
Clueless & Comfortable
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iluswirl

If it's any consolation manti, I didn't pick n1's wolfing.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:33 AM   #15
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

freaky that was f'ing lucky...

is there some way freaky knew? cause thats just extreme luck killing the wolfs best chance of winning in the opening 10 minutes when it otherwise would have been best to keep for later in the game...

was information leaked somehow?
Old 08-31-2009, 04:47 AM   #16
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
freaky that was f'ing lucky...

is there some way freaky knew? cause thats just extreme luck killing the wolfs best chance of winning in the opening 10 minutes when it otherwise would have been best to keep for later in the game...

was information leaked somehow?
go make out with girls
Old 08-31-2009, 04:56 AM   #17
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballa18 View Post
go make out with girls
go **** a horse.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:14 AM   #18
thunderstrike687
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to thunderstrike687

wtf iggy is back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy_2004
i love a food
Old 08-31-2009, 10:24 AM   #19
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
go **** a horse.
Don't get mad cause your logic fails. Just go sit in a corner and be quiet.
Old 09-1-2009, 12:07 AM   #20
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Yeah...... This game would be fun if i wasn't killed the first night every game.
stfu

AC, put a new look of me in your eyes, okay. I'm not trying to argue and be hostile with every player every game. Just because me or whoever isn't dead night one doesn't make us a bad guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
Closed Thread