Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-6-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
TD_m0nster
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default FFR..or RFF?

Flash Flash Revolution or..Really For Friends?

(rank)508,072 (difficulty)1 (song)SuperMario 8bit Eighties Remix

508,072. That's the amount of people, roughly, who have played SuperMario 8bit Eighties Remix and have a recorded score. The total score was 3,895..with a total of 2 perfects 1 good and 24 boos. This song is indisputably one of the most played songs here on FFR and not to mention one of the oldest songs as well. Only 508,072 people have gotten a better score than that? People with a score of 0 come in at 510,549.

Now, to get started on my topic..is it any wonder that there are now over 1.5 million members registered on FFR, and only 1/3 of all of those members have played one of the most common songs on this site? It can safely be stated that this site has become more of a social networking site rather than the actual game itself. I guess I am one of only 33% who actually like FFR for what it was made for.

Am I the only one who has noticed this? Even when you start to play a song, and you get off to a bad start right away...you start over. That rank is never over 500,000, unless it's SuperMario 8bit..or one of the difficulty 1 or 2 songs.
TD_m0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
Shadowlessheart
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shadowlessheart
Default Re: FFR..or RFF?

...Well there are the people who just go to the forums...I sorta consider them players hahaha.

However since the incorporation of public profiles the MySpace Whore, EmoFGTs(some of my pics are considered this, but I did them for a friend hahaha), and Wanna Be Photographers have shot up a lot...so idk the forum percentage, but take them out, yeah I'd agree that around 33% of ppl play it for tht reason. I asked Tass a question about profiles, but I'm more than sure he hates me as not once has he ever said anything nice or posted in my favor...even in a thread that was for weird stats...GJ ;D.

Wanna Help...PLEASE
Shadowlessheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
Konradz
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to Konradz Send a message via AIM to Konradz Send a message via MSN to Konradz Send a message via Yahoo to Konradz Send a message via Skype™ to Konradz

FFR remains a game. But its community is extremely strong, large, and it's a great community.
I think that if it were only for the game and MP, FFR would suck, because there is no social interaction. Profiles, Forums, Chats make FFR a great game where you can also meet a lot of quality people. I think that everyone plays FFR, perhaps just a little, but they do. Some people are more into the game itself, some are more into the community aspect of it, and I think they have a right to be that way.

So I'd say neither. The way FFR is right now is IMO the best way an online game should ever be made. Good game + strong 'community features' = jackpot online. FFR hasn't reached the Myspace state. Seriously.

And I'm sorry I don't know any synonyms to this-one-word-I-repeated-over-at-least-4-times

EDIT : And actually, about these statistics. I've only played this song to AAA it, not to actually practice on it. Some people play FFR for the actual true pleasure of it and of getting better, they don't try to AAA extremely easy songs.

1. wait until you are about 30-35 years of age
2. go up to a random 10 year old kid in the street
3. convince him that you are him from the future
4. mess with his head and make him do crazy things
5. film it
6. put it on the internet
7. lol
8. ????
9. PROFIT!
Praise M&T.

Last edited by Konradz; 07-6-2008 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: read too fast :]
Konradz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
Beethovens mask
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Your just now noticing this?
Beethovens mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
Gilly G
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

There must also be a reasonable amount of alts and inactive people we can exclude from those percentages.

This song was far from being my first play. I'm betting some people have yet to see it's there.
Gilly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2008, 05:19 PM   #6
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Many bots to. They dont delete the accounts so they just stack up on their numbers.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
Konradz
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to Konradz Send a message via AIM to Konradz Send a message via MSN to Konradz Send a message via Yahoo to Konradz Send a message via Skype™ to Konradz

That colour scared me.
Bots, and also real players. It seems like everyone around here has multiple accs.

1. wait until you are about 30-35 years of age
2. go up to a random 10 year old kid in the street
3. convince him that you are him from the future
4. mess with his head and make him do crazy things
5. film it
6. put it on the internet
7. lol
8. ????
9. PROFIT!
Praise M&T.
Konradz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2008, 05:54 PM   #8
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

of the 1.5+ million accounts registered, about 1.15 million have played at least 1 game of FFR. i think that that is not bad.

now... not all of those accounts have been active members over the past 5+ years. so, obviously, older songs will have more users who have played them. and the longer a song is in the game, the more unique users will play it.

but, no... i think it's pretty good that 1/3 of the accounts have played 1 specific level. that's pretty good, if you ask me. go to ANY website/forum where you register and look at the percentage of users who participate with it after they register. it's not 100%. so 1.15 out of 1.53 is pretty good, IMO.

and, the fact that we do have such a unique and diverse selection of other activities for our users to take part in is what has made FFR such a great community, beyond being a great game.
Old 07-6-2008, 06:30 PM   #9
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

Tass is totally right guys, open your eyes.
FFR is the best community (to me) there is.
Also I think those statistics are pretty good.
I thought it would be wayyy less.

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2008, 11:45 PM   #10
TD_m0nster
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

i disagree tass...at least on that 1.15 million part. 1.15 million people have at least played just 1 game of ffr. 1 game of ffr? that's it? 1 song...on this site out of the 500+ public songs available 24/7, played just once. i honestly think that ffr has become more about the community than the actual game. playing just 1 song does not mean you play the game. and how about the other 350,000 people who havent even played? if you ask me, 350,000 out of 1.5 million registered users on this website that havent even touched the game, is a pretty good statistic to safely say that this site has become more of a social networking site than a gaming site.
Old 07-9-2008, 12:19 AM   #11
dood gone krazee
RATOOOOOOOOO
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dood gone krazee Send a message via MSN to dood gone krazee

I agree with Tass on this one, also with Konradz.

Not only is FFR a great game in itself, but also has a very large, friendly and healthy community. (wow that sounded too science-class like)

Along with what Konradz said, some people are in it for the game, getting better and being the best. (such as Rubix or Izzy) Whilst others are in it for the community, such as my friend power surge. Although some people may play FFR some of the time, they may spend most of the time in the forums or in the chat rooms. All these things build up on the game community itself to make it a bigger and better community. In my opinion, this is much better than MySpace.

Besides, this place isn't all about playing the game. I predict sometime in the future - may be soon, I don't know - I may lose interest - or just become too busy - to play the game anymore. Although I would have to stop playing as much as I do now, I would still stop by often to be with the community. To talk in the chats and to state my opinions and discuss matters in the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
Dood... you done gone got yourself krazee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsona View Post
I hear back in 12 AD Jesus Himself sent an FGO to Tass and it got a 9 by JX

"[++] 9/10
Very good file but not japanese enough ps hi jesus"
dood gone krazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-9-2008, 12:48 AM   #12
TheBeaRisRadd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TheBeaRisRadd

The Game is defiantly a big part of this site, but I do believe that there is a good deal of people who come here just to chat, hell, possible just share Art or Music in the designated forums.

This site is much more then just the Game, its a great social network. And I gotta say, I love it.

btw. totally off the subject, RRF? how about GGR? XD
TheBeaRisRadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-9-2008, 01:46 AM   #13
Raveren
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Raveren

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_m0nster View Post
i disagree tass...at least on that 1.15 million part. 1.15 million people have at least played just 1 game of ffr. 1 game of ffr? that's it? 1 song...on this site out of the 500+ public songs available 24/7, played just once. i honestly think that ffr has become more about the community than the actual game. playing just 1 song does not mean you play the game. and how about the other 350,000 people who havent even played? if you ask me, 350,000 out of 1.5 million registered users on this website that havent even touched the game, is a pretty good statistic to safely say that this site has become more of a social networking site than a gaming site.
Read a little closer, he states that 1.15 million members have played AT LEAST 1 game of FFR. Not that there have been 1.15 million songs played.
Old 07-9-2008, 01:53 AM   #14
jellygod
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jellygod Send a message via Skype™ to jellygod

another one of these threads.

RETIRED
Rank 8 in regional ranking(Great Lakes)
"Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
jellygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-9-2008, 01:53 AM   #15
Harmony-
FFR Player

Some people can come for FFR R2, Spin It Up, or MeTrivia.

So it could be possible they wont play R1
Harmony- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-9-2008, 02:53 AM   #16
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

Umm I'm kinda the blame for about 170 Alts.. But I played on about 30 of them.. so eh?

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-9-2008, 03:17 AM   #17
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

305,000+ have played 100+ games. i think that is also pretty impressive. it's rough to hold someone's attention for that long, on anything.

also, you say 500+ songs... but for the 1st 3+ years of the site, there was anywhere from 4 to ~100 songs. it isn't until the past year or two that the number of songs in game has ballooned.

lastly... who cares? yes, the site is about the game... but is it so wrong to have other features that users enjoy and keep them on the site? hell, i didn't play FFR at all for about 18 months. yet i was still a highly active staff member during that time. a large percentage of our staff don't play FFR at all... they're here for the community. i think that should tell you something.
Old 07-9-2008, 03:34 AM   #18
Magic_V2
RobMagic
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Magic_V2

Some people come from stepmania and don't waste their time on easy songs.
Also TD m0nster is this you?

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStat...20its%20Robert

If so, gg I knew I remembered the name from somewhere.

Magic_V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-9-2008, 01:47 PM   #19
.Holy
FFR Player

FFR is somewhat meant to be a social network (which I kind of hate), and the amount of players that actually play FFR (this does not include those people that have been a member for 1 or more years and only have like 400 songs played tops) are waaaay bellow 33%. I think about 20 or 30 thousand people actually joined FFR to play FFR and not to only chat with friends.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:53 PM   #20
TD_m0nster
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveren View Post
Read a little closer, he states that 1.15 million members have played AT LEAST 1 game of FFR. Not that there have been 1.15 million songs played.
i didnt say that anywhere..i said 350,000 people havent played a game of ffr, which in turn i think is somewhat proving this threads topic