Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-1-2005, 11:19 AM   #1
themanwithsauce
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to themanwithsauce
Default Gran Turismo 4 and how sweet it is!

Wow, just got gran turismo 4 last week and it is freaking AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
Actually, it's too amazing. The ps2 can't handle all the graphics so there's an occasional graphical blur in replays and occasionally in gameplay that kinda distorts everything but it's not that bad.

700 cars!! Nothing else can compare

100 tracks! nothing else comes close

No damage modeling?!?! they really need to put this in a gran turismo game soon, when I smack a small little 1978 honda civic in my 1000hp corvette raqcer at 200 mph when the civic is doing 20, the civic better get launched into space!

It is still the best racing experience ever so if you're into racing games, even just slightly, pick this one up and it won't disappoint. The pros definitely outweigh the cons to create the most complete racing experience and you will spend many hours making the cars go round and round on the many tracks.

Now I leave to go play some more GT4
Old 03-1-2005, 03:36 PM   #2
SpookG
(For Great Justice!)
Retired StaffFFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to SpookG
Default RE: Gran Turismo 4 and how sweet it is!

i spoke with some of the programmers who worked on the game, and the reason there is no damage modeling is because the producers didn't want to see their beautiful cars all messed up. The more I think about it, the more I suppose it isn't really something that is necessary in the game. I would rather see a clutch before I see that. And patented passing techniques like "the hit" wouldn't work then.

If you don't know what "the hit" is..it's when you go into a corner too fast and ram the other car as it is turning, thus acting as a brake for your car and knocking them off the track.

Royal For Great Justice! Electronic Music est. 1999
kerBLAM

Old 03-1-2005, 03:50 PM   #3
themanwithsauce
FFR Player

Yeah, seeing some of those cars smashed to pieces would be sad...and expensive to repair, especially in the beginning when you have no money and have to buy a used car.

And there's only about 50 tracks, the original sources I read counted the reverse of every track as another course so there's only about 50 in reality. But that's still good
Old 03-1-2005, 08:27 PM   #4
Tantric
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Tantric

Dang, I was going to get that game over the weekend...but guess what! Best Buy was sold out! 0_0 and I had money burning my pocket so I bought other stuff...wasn't as happy as I would've been if I'd gotten GT4! Now I have to wait a looong time...grrr...

"I'd burn alive to keep you warm"
Old 03-2-2005, 04:57 AM   #5
SpAkMan89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SpAkMan89 Send a message via Yahoo to SpAkMan89

I cant wait to go and buy GT4...but first i need to earn some cash....now i get to wait till i get paid...grrrrr
Old 03-2-2005, 11:15 AM   #6
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

The game looks really good in Hi-Def. I haven't been able to play it a whole lot yet but I've liked what I've played of it.
Old 03-2-2005, 07:00 PM   #7
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Holy crap, this game blows anything out of the water. I'd like to see the Unreal 3 engine stop making dark and gloomy pictures and show off stuff like this game does.

Of course there's no damage: This game is all about perfecting the tracks and cars, getting the turns just right, shaving off precious hundredths of seconds. Why reward the player for running into walls?
Old 03-3-2005, 11:16 AM   #8
themanwithsauce
FFR Player

If I could figure out how to get my pictures of my cars from photo mode onto a jump drive, you'd all be in for a real treat.

The photo mode in this game lets you make some really nice looking pictures or you can save a replay and go into the replay theater and take pictures from various points in the replay. I want to post my picture of what happened on driving mission 23: draft with other skylines to catch the leader.

I was drafting pretty nicely until one of them braked in front of me causing me to hit the wall and with the skyline's poor aerodynamics, jump up in the air. I hit two of the guys behind me as well so there's a shot of all three of us in the air at once, it's just goofy to see three skylines get airborne on a giant oval
Old 03-4-2005, 08:56 AM   #9
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

yea, I beat it actually. By beat it I mean got the ending movie. Great game. I got like 4 endourance races left, and a bunch of the one make races. Like 8-12 special event races, and all of the S liscence races on extreme mode(don't feel like getting it).

I like the fact that they out in shakes when you hit walls of something. It will really cofuse you at high speeds, and there can be no wall riding in this one because of the increase in slow that it gives you compared to the last one.

Im sitting pretty on about 4.5 mill and 45 cars. 10-12 of them can be sold between 200k - 700k and my prized possession the Bentley Speed 8 can be sold for over 1 mill.

The great thing is that with all this done I still have less than 50% of the game completed.

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
Old 03-5-2005, 08:08 PM   #10
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

All I have been doing for the past week is playing GT4. Aside from the menu being a mess and the occassional graphic glitch, the game is perfect. And the Driving Force Pro is insane. I love it.
Old 03-8-2005, 12:24 PM   #11
themanwithsauce
FFR Player

A quick tip to all those really far into the game: on day 694 or so, check the used car dealerships. There will be 4 race cars for sale: mazda 787, nissan R92c, nissan GT1, and toyota GT ONE.

All are black and can be bought for 2.5 million a piece but they have some miles on them I believe.

I haven't bought any myself and right now my best car is either my cerbera speed twelve or my mercedes clk-gtr. Though racing in the honda odessy minivan is just goofy, I was surprised at how much fun the driving mission where you draft oddessys is though
Old 03-9-2005, 10:17 AM   #12
SpAkMan89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SpAkMan89 Send a message via Yahoo to SpAkMan89
Default Re: RE: Gran Turismo 4 and how sweet it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAkMan89
I cant wait to go and buy GT4...but first i need to earn some cash....now i get to wait till i get paid...grrrrr

Aww ain't that too bad!!!! Better get to work then. lol lol lol
Old 08-15-2011, 03:55 AM   #13
Turismo guy
FFR Player

Talking Re: Gran Turismo 4 and how sweet it is!

I luvvv gran turismo 4!!! Heck,I'm having more fun playing it than the Fifth

Anyways,i'm trying to tune a MR car for rally driving,any idea on which one i should use and how i should tune it???

Thanks --The Turismo Kitty--
Closed Thread