Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 09:12 PM   #1
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q
Default "Sluts: Way To Keep On Truckin', Ladies!"

Another post regarding someone else's work. Read and discuss.

http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0814-26.htm

Q
The_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:55 PM   #2
chickendude
Away from Computer
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to chickendude
Default RE: "Sluts: Way To Keep On Truckin

Interesting,
apparently this guy thinks women should have their kids earlier
what about all the population problems and such?

They need to find a way to balance this stuff out
Old 08-23-2005, 10:27 PM   #3
Neonatrias
MAЯISA

Send a message via AIM to Neonatrias Send a message via Yahoo to Neonatrias Send a message via Skype™ to Neonatrias

I don't know...I've always seen the sex drive as something to be respected. It's probably the most powerful force in a lot of people. I don't doubt that in the least.

The problem, though, is that if women do have their children earlier...Then that opens doors to new problems. The lifespan is twice as long as it was 2000 years ago, when women DID have children around age 20. Therefore presenting the overpopulation problem.

So I agree with most of what the writer said...The problem is quelling the things that arise after something like this is accepted.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:03 PM   #4
psychic25
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to psychic25 Send a message via MSN to psychic25

Hmmm, true, but if the government continues to encourage birth control, eventually (like in Europe), the birth rate will drop below the death rate, and if that continues, there won't be ENOUGH people.

Then this'll be really important, haha.

Oh, and consider that healthy populations fluctuate between reasonably distinct highs and lows. The human population has just been increasing for a long time; eventually it will have to go down, and it will (hopefully as a result of birth control, and not anything more drastic). It needs to go down, and then it needs to go up again in a cycle.
psychic25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 11:06 PM   #5
Hr2
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Hr2 Send a message via MSN to Hr2

I have a split reaction to this one. For while I agree that it is right to reproduce when you are ready to, there is a deeper problem. The family structure is different in the old times than it is now. First of all, these Christian and Jewish influences helped to keep the families together, when divorce was not an option marriage at any age works much better. Statistics show that younger marriages are more likely to divorce than older marriages. A survey done by CDC shows that over 58% of marriages under 18 end in divorce, while only 29% of marriages from the ages 20-24 end in divorce and even less in the over 25 sector. I don't thinkt he problem is overpopulation but the problem will be that unless we change majorly because we are allowed to "set our sex drive free" we will divorce all the time. I'm not a religious person who thinks that divorce is evil, nor have my parents had a divorce. But I've seen plenty of my friends go through hell when their parents had them.

Citing my sources
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=363986
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/ad/ad323.pdf
Old 08-24-2005, 01:31 AM   #6
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

I agree that women should have children before the age of 30, because if you do it decreases your risk of having breast cancer(read it somewhere).

On the other hand, slutty looking girls make me squirm. Why someone would flaunt themselves in such a way without having respect is terrible. Seriously, save it for the bedroom. I'm conservative, so I think that acting slutty is really demeaning. Usually children born to teenage girls often grow up without fathers, and not a positive and well-moraled environment to grow up in. I'm not saying this happens to everyone, but if you're smart you'll wait until you're older. Having babies when you're young = more responsibility = less school = no college = no job = no money = not having a healthy life that you want.

In conclusion, I still think sluts are dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:34 AM   #7
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Children born from young mothers tend to be less intelligent and also tend to have a longer lifespan.

Yay Scientific American.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:00 AM   #8
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

I'd rather have smart people that don't live as long than dumbasses who live forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:58 AM   #9
Neonatrias
MAЯISA

Send a message via AIM to Neonatrias Send a message via Yahoo to Neonatrias Send a message via Skype™ to Neonatrias

No, she's placing her opinion out there like anyone else. She's just being more blatant about it than others might. Lots of choices in life are double-edged swords, and I think this is a prime example.

As for me, I'd have to agree with Jurs here. I would rather be living with people who are actually worth living with than people who don't ever comprehend anything. (Granted, that's by statistics...And they aren't always right.)
Old 08-24-2005, 03:55 PM   #10
The_Q
FFR Player

Quote:
Statistics show that younger marriages are more likely to divorce than older marriages. A survey done by CDC shows that over 58% of marriages under 18 end in divorce, while only 29% of marriages from the ages 20-24 end in divorce and even less in the over 25 sector.
I don't trust statistics like that simply because they do not account for other variables like multiple marriages. They data the give are absolutely useless if other data are left out.

Quote:
In conclusion, I still think sluts are dumb.
They also tend to live in a low socioeconomic demographic and tend to have children sooner. Children who are born to teenage mothers are very likely to reproduce their mother's actions in their own. The age of the mother during their first pregnancy is a great indicator (not cause) of how the child will turn out.

However, this article is not discussing pregnancy as much as it is praising women for their liberal use of clothing and freedom to be sexual. This goes hand in hand with the other thread about women's rights and how they have begun to exceed men's. When women gain the right to dress and act how they want, they are put down by the minority and made to suffer vast amounts of insult and criticism. Then they come whining about how this never happens to men and how things are still unequal. If you really want equal rights, make sure that you're actually treating people equally.

Q
Old 08-24-2005, 04:55 PM   #11
Hr2
FFR Player

Default Re: RE: "Sluts: Way To Keep On Truckin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Q
Quote:
Statistics show that younger marriages are more likely to divorce than older marriages. A survey done by CDC shows that over 58% of marriages under 18 end in divorce, while only 29% of marriages from the ages 20-24 end in divorce and even less in the over 25 sector.
I don't trust statistics like that simply because they do not account for other variables like multiple marriages. They data the give are absolutely useless if other data are left out.
Yeah but even if they were off by 10 percent they'd that would still be proof for it.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:15 PM   #12
The_Q
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: "Sluts: Way To Keep On Truckin

Quote:
Yeah but even if they were off by 10 percent they'd that would still be proof for it.
Proof for what? Never make assumptions about the data you're given. Did you ever hear of the czar who heard that the provinces with the most disease also had the most doctors? Once he heard of this he ordered all of the doctors in severely ill provinces to be shot dead, thus solving the problem. Right?

Q
Old 08-25-2005, 03:17 AM   #13
Hr2
FFR Player

No I never heard that. And that sounds like bullshit, this doesn't. It's actually pretty logical. Lets think about this, when you're age 17 or 18 you're not fully finished maturing mentally. You may be in tip top physical shape, but mentally you will still go through some changes. So you are 17, you marry someone who fits exactly what you like at the time. Over the next few years you both change mentally. The person you married is no longer the same anymore. You could say they'd change together, which is true for some. But its like that childhood friend who you were inseperable with at 8, but now you're and teenager and you've developed different personalities. You're ready to move on. You were inseperable at age 17, but now you're 25, you're an adult. You're ready to move on. You could make a case for that people change when they are older aswell, but compare an 8 year old to a 16 year old, big difference. Compare a 17 year old to a 25 year old, big difference. One is in highschool while the other is finished college and out in the workforce. Compare a 25 year old to a 32 year old. I'd say there is a significantly smaller difference, they both have jobs, most people by that age seem to have calmed down a bit since their early 20s and have became more set in their ways.

I see what you're saying with your analogy, if there is a critical flaw in the study then the whole thing can simply be written off. Plus they do account for second marriages. Maybe you should look at my source before just calling it bs.

Just google divorce rates and you'll find other things talking of how being younger means shorter marriage.

http://www.divorcemag.com/statistics/statsUS.shtml
http://www.bgsu.edu/organizations/cfdr/ohiopop/opn8.pdf
Old 08-27-2005, 09:47 PM   #14
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

I'm all for early sexual activity... AS LONG AS IT IS DONE INTELLIGENTLY.

Personal example: While I've only had sex with 2 women, I started on my 17th birthday (over 4 1/2 years of being sexually active). The first 18 months were with one girl, and there was plenty of condom sex. The past 36 months have been with Whorli, and there has been even more condomless sex, but birth control sex. And the knowledge that should she get pregnant despite the BC, she will get an abortion.

At the same time, should these 15 year old girls or 18 year old girls want sex... good. Let them. Just do it so that IF they get pregnant, they know what they are going to do. And that IF they get pregnant and won't abort, that they are able, both financially and mentally and physically, to care for the child that spawns from the hole between her legs.

Moral: Safe sex = Good sex. Children = Evil.