Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #201
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXI: Harry Potter and the Rise of the Wolves - Game Thread

I think I am good with reuben atm. That being said I know that he is capable of deep analysis of a game even if he has been gone as mafia so I want to see more interaction both in this eod and tommorrow
tiloco217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:50 PM   #202
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

@riotpolice reuben's reads list there was a very good example of what I would like you to do. Instead of just saying you like certain people as town I want to know why because not only does it make it obvious you have actually been paying attention it also gives me and the rest of town more information by which to read people.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:52 PM   #203
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
I've liked most of his posts so far but I don't like the fact that in his read's list he said he's ok "with [the] multiple votes" on me since one of those were a joke vote from early on. I can't expect everyone to always remember the reasoning for every single vote at any particular time, but it could also be seen as someone trying to push a wagon that isn't really there.
I mean this in that I'm cool with you being up there, because, I think having multiple votes and being on the chopping block because of it, would make you more willing to give ideas, and reads and basically show us why you're not a good lynch.

Riot, in all honesty the best thing you can do as a town is keep talking. Say a lot. Don't just tell us why we shouldn't look at you, tell us who ELSE we should look at and tell us why.
You're partway through with telling us to look at tiloco. Why should we? What makes him wolfier vs. others in your eyes?
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:55 PM   #204
T-Force
Your world ends with you

And DFR if you're there, speak up. I don't really want to keep my vote on you, but that's just because I like you. Gamewise, I have no problem keeping it there because let's be fair: If you're not going to be here, you're being a detriment to town.

Riot's willingness and openness does make me want to keep him around for one more day, but after that, it's back to the grill (It's like TWG CIII all over again. >=] ).

Jteh, I would like you to say more as well, please. Show us that amazing greenness that you share with soramimi.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:58 PM   #205
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

This is my last post for the phase. I'll talk again tomorrow morning.

Here's where I'm at: gonna give a pass to Reuben again too. Riot looks like a frustrated town. Even if he were a wolf he shouldn't be proud of his play. Leaving T-Force alone too.

Melissa and DFR should post more. Didn't like that jteh went for RB so I'm gonna place my vote there for the phase. Keep in mind that Jteh is good at projecting town too
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:58 PM   #206
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Lol thanks trev. Iunno wtf I thought I was doing but I'm not about to change people on my phone in three minutes. If you decide to kill me, I'm not a role, so be it. I have to jump in the shower now though.

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:59 PM   #207
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Jtehanonymous

Slight town leans:
Melissa- So where I'm sitting at with Melissa is a slight town lean based on her earlier posting.I genuinely feel that she is working to get the hang of this game and the interaction is very natural.Nothing she has said has warranted any need for alarm, although I really hope she does continueto stay active and evolve her opinions. I liked how she was interacting with funnygurl and her momentsof "figuring things out". Would prefer not to lynch today.

Tiloco- I'm conflicted with you but I know I need to set aside the fact that you're suspect of me, since that really should fall independent of what I think of you. (Also especially since I think you're playing "spot the difference" which is generally a town thing to do) This game I feel you are generally more abrasive, but I was thinking that this honestly may be a good step for us since we don't have such prominent posters in here. Thinking back to the other game I played with you, I think you almost tried pocketing me as your top town or something and if I'm playing "spot the difference" as well, I'd say your activity is something that I, for now, view in a positive light.

Riopolice- Honestly, although you're receiving traction from not being the most "helpful" player,I think for you, your responses don't raise any red flags at all with me if we strictly just talk about alignment here. Although I think it's awkward for showing salt based on your frustration of appearing town versus your own method of playing this game, I feel it's genuine.

Fairly good Town leans:

Fg- You are by far the most natural poster and at present I feel you're kind of in the "town" swing of things that I'm fairly used to seeing. You are naturally asking questions while maintaining an appropriate amount of banter and nothing jarring has set me off in a bad way.

T-Force- Has a holistic approach to this game and are trying to engage all of town.
I mean this for example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
Your job as a townie is to help the other town win. If you're not going to give information to help your case, then how do you expect others to come to your conclusions?
And honestly there are more posts like it that I feel are very townie-aligned.

Slight red leans:

Flashy- Oh flashhyyyyyyyy. It's another game where I honestly am torn between trying to decide if you're quiet and indecisive because you're just being you or you're afraid of drawing attention to yourself.

Benguina- Right now, I think you feel a bit..rushed? I think given a bit more time, you'd have potential to have the immersive effect that I really look for when trying to make town reads. You did give evidence of catching up in the thread, but then a lot of what you had said was lost when you then directed a vote towards someone who was just inactive. It almost felt like, "I have quite a few things say, but non-sequitur". You also were throwing out too many thoughts and not tying things together in a way that seemed acceptable.

Cheesecake-You're here primarily because I feel when I try fitting together my "vote puzzles"and the way people approach posting in the thread the first day, you're not lining up. I feel your posting is restricted and some manner and is not melding naturally with what I'd usually see.

I buy all FFR Trading Cards I don't own:
See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Jtehanonymous

You have completed the Lucky Achievement and will be awarded 25k credits.

seriously what the fuck.
Jtehanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:03 PM   #208
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Jtehanonymous

soramimi is my long lost canadian female fraternal twin.

That's a mouthful.

I buy all FFR Trading Cards I don't own:
See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Jtehanonymous

You have completed the Lucky Achievement and will be awarded 25k credits.

seriously what the fuck.
Jtehanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:09 PM   #209
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

ok i'm using all the energy i have to make a reads list right now. hold your horses folks. don't get your hopes up either.

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:23 PM   #210
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Ok, like I promised, more reasoning for riotpolice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotpolice View Post
Gahh, green again. Someone give me an interesting role!
This just gave me the wrong vibe to begin with. This seems like a childish way for a wolf or power role to soft claim vanilla town.

Quote:
They killed me N1 on ltwg, oh well.

Just checking in. tiloco. bye.
Like, I said before, I didn't like this vote without reasoning. Additionally, the "just checking in" and "bye" makes it seem like his original plan was just to hop in, leave a vote with no reasoning, and then leave for the rest of the phase. I don't even...

Quote:
** Note that these reads are taking from page 7 to current page.

@ Red Blaster: Looking green. Seeing some conversation going on with you and other players.

@ T-Force: Looks green too, nothing too particularly suspicious.

@ J-Teh: Again, lots of information coming from you, I don't see you as wolf (yet)

@ Funnygurl: Somewhat yellow area for me, definitely not green, but not red either. You like to post filler like that cheesecake picture, and that is slightly concerning to me. I don't like filler when I play epic mafia, I certainly don't like it when I play TWG either lol. Either way sometimes it's unavoidable but, I myself, try to stay away from filler.

@ Tiloco: I want to see why you are questioning every single vote. I have suspicions on you bud, and they are not getting any better. I'm not going to go into detail of explaining myself either. You're just hitting me the wrong way. This post(#138) is a good example of that, especially the last part.

@ Melissa: ???

@ Reuben: ???

That's about it for my reads. I'll be taking the game short and simple, only reading past few pages and forgetting about the rest unless if there is something major I miss.
This reads list was very unsatisfying. 9-10 pages isn't that much too read and falling behind now only makes it more difficult to catch up later. If you were wolf, I can see why you'd want to only give reads on the first seven pages because (1) it's less stuff to analyze and (2) you don't have to do any analysis of things you'd be afraid of doing analysis of. Also, in regards to the reads themselves, I don't like them either. Red Blaster and T-Force simply "look green" without too much reasoning, you say jteh was giving lots of information but like I pointed out in my last reads list, he hasn't posted too much contributive information. Your reasoning on funnygurl could be applied to nearly everyone: there is always going to be a bunch of filler and stuff, especially in D0. I kind of get what you're saying about Tilico, are you saying it seems like he's "trying too hard" or something? And then you have null-reads on melissa and I even though we've made at least a few posts in the thread.

Quote:
Then you will continue to be a suspicious player then.
This really rubbed me the wrong way considering this was in response to tiloco's questioning.

Quote:
Tiloco, I don't need to explain all of my reasons as to why I think someone is scum. I think that is beating a dead horse explaining every single vote and reasoning why I do something.

I don't care if someone votes for me, but I just want to see literally 2-3 sentences as to why they voted for me and that's it. Even if it's just a one word sentence that says that I'm scummy or that I have not been giving enough information to town is enough for me. I don't care for an explanation, unless if I want one.

Sorry you don't feel the same.
The irony in this post, I don't even. Yes, you should provide reasoning. Maybe not at the same time as you place the vote because "lol reactions" but providing reasoning for your votes and other actions is really useful for town because that's information that the town can use.

Quote:
Okay, you got me.

How about this: I'll give some slightly more indepth reads in the future, for now just take the one's you've got from me already. I'll make a promise to try and give slightly more detailed reads D2.
What's stopping you from making a more indepth reads list now? We are approaching eod and we need as much information as possible to make an informed lynch. If you do end up surviving after this phase and the night phase, I hope you stick to this promise without flaking out on us.

---------
Quote:
Maybe I don't want to keep myself alive anymore tiloco.
Please don't give up, like it was said previously, giving up this close to eod is bad idea regardless of your alignment. You mentioned that you have trouble keeping track of everything all at once, that's understandable. If you end up surviving this phase, you should keep your promise and consider on trying to grasp more out of the game during while we are in the following night phase (since the night phase is typically quieter thus making it easier to catch up). I myself have terrible memory and it's have difficulty remembering everything at once. I find it helpful to sometimes focus on one person at a time (and there are thread tools to help with this so you can see all of one person's post). I also sometimes jot down notes as a read as well, condensing long posts into one sentence summaries. Try different things and see what works for you.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #211
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

jteh I think I am going to do pretty much the same thing with you as I am with reuben. I know you were doing live twg + work so I can't really blame you for not being here but I need to hear more consistent contribution throughout the next day phase.

On the subject of me being more abrasive I didn't really want to be but nothing was happening and I figured that it would stay that way if I didn't. However, I have found that I am actually really enjoying it and will probably be doing this more often now.

As I don't think I will get anymore from riot today I will go ahead and back off of him but am going to leave my vote there. I think after an hour and a half of being pushed on he would get emotional as both alignments so I am not reading him off of that and I didn't like his reads list.

I would be ok with a DFR kill. I tentatively read him as town early but his reaction test was definitely very awkward and he hasn't done much since although aparantly a reads list is coming.

Red is an ok kill as well although I don't really want it. I also town read him early and he also had a weird set of votes. The difference between him and DFR though is that I think red was being more productive when he was being active early so even though he seems to have dissapeared for this eod I still think he could be town

I am going to hold off giving updated reasoning on my town reads since we are running out of time but I like: t-force, funny, and melissa

Jteh and reuben have day passes
Old 01-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #212
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Woops, I've been misspelling tiloco as tilico a few times, sorry about that In my defense, that aloha shirt that you have for your avatar is very tacky. Actually, I kind of like it, the dark colors make it seem very un-touristy but the patterning seems very unoriginal

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:28 PM   #213
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

lol I didn't even notice that it said at the top of riot's reads that they were from day 7 on :P. I do agree with reuben that he should have read the whole thing but it is a good thing that he was upfront about it.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:29 PM   #214
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Woops, I've been misspelling tiloco as tilico a few times, sorry about that In my defense, that aloha shirt that you have for your avatar is very tacky. Actually, I kind of like it, the dark colors make it seem very un-touristy but the patterning seems very unoriginal
I'm ok with killing reuben now :P
Old 01-19-2015, 09:30 PM   #215
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

Vote Count
danceflashrevo (2) - T-Force, Red Blaster
Riotpolice (2) - reuben_tate, tiloco217
reuben_tate (1) - lynn34melissa
tiloco217 (1) - Riotpolice
Red Blaster (1) - Jtehanonymous
jtehanonymous (1) - funnygurl555

Not Voting
danceflashrevo

There are 5 votes needed for instalynch.

also, there is 29 minutes left in the phase.

Last edited by Cold Kitten; 01-19-2015 at 09:31 PM..
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:31 PM   #216
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

an update on votes would be really nice
Old 01-19-2015, 09:31 PM   #217
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

lol
Old 01-19-2015, 09:31 PM   #218
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Riotpolice (2) - reuben_tate, tiloco217
danceflashrevo (2) - T-Force, Red Blaster
reuben_tate (1) - lynn34melissa
tiloco217 (1) - Riotpolice
Red Blaster (1) - Jtehanonymous
Jteh (1) - FG

Unvote: DFR

Still waiting on DFR's reads.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:32 PM   #219
T-Force
Your world ends with you

DAMMIT TIFFANY (thank you~)
Old 01-19-2015, 09:33 PM   #220
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

You're welcome. (also you owe me a ninja cookie.)
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote