Old 08-15-2020, 05:54 PM   #11
ledwix
Giant Pi Operator
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ledwix Send a message via Yahoo to ledwix
Default Re: WAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrusizer View Post
So first you say this, and then you give a clear example of 'sexist power structures' while simultaneosly claiming that they don't exist.
Please cite where I gave an example of a "sexist power structure." All I did was state facts about people's chosen behavior.

Quote:
I know how much people like you love to jerk off 'individual decisions' and somehow believe that libertarian free will exists, but it's simply a fact that people make decisions for a reason.
No, I don't believe "libertarian free will" exists. Don't put words in my mouth.

Quote:
If you grow up in a society where women are almost universally viewed as objects to be won and men to be emotionless workhorses, of course you're probably going to hold those views yourself.
So the reason people make decisions is because of their environment. Okay. But what else? You're painting individuals into a viciously powerless corner, in which case, individuals basically don't exist in any meaningful way. Following that reasoning, there is nothing BUT the environment, in which case, there ought to be no grievances about "sexist power structures," since we are all one harmonious cycle of energies within nature.

Isn't an individual him or herself part of someone else's environment? And that share of someone else's environment, in itself, carries an incremental weight in their decision-making process. Thus everyone literally has a slight bit of power over everyone else. It's a matter of whether one chooses to opt in or out; cooperate or defect. Why squander such power just to win an argument about how hopeless and powerless one is? If you're like to rise above, then rise above.
ledwix is offline   Reply With Quote