Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-8-2011, 07:20 AM   #121
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Skyrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madokidoki View Post
Morrowind is the best game in the Elder Scrolls in terms of atmosphere and setting, but it is not even a competitor when it comes to gameplay. Skyrim has far more natural and enjoyable combat and magic and isn't going to make you wanna quit early on. It won't baby you too hard either. Morrowind is my favorite game of all time, but you'll enjoy all the improvements to combat they made from Morrowind to Oblivion and then to Skyrim.
Ah okay. I usually don't play Elder Scrolls games for combat (thieves guild #1) but based on this kind of review I think I still could enjoy it. ty for the opinion

I tried really hard to enjoy Oblivion but the scaling everything kinda ruined it for me. What was the point of leveling up if EVERYTHING leveled up with you? lol bandits in Daedric armor, completely ****ing stupid

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2011, 01:33 PM   #122
Izzi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Izzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I tried really hard to enjoy Oblivion but the scaling everything kinda ruined it for me. What was the point of leveling up if EVERYTHING leveled up with you? lol bandits in Daedric armor, completely ****ing stupid
This is what I don't understand about Skyrim. I can understand why they do this but it is very poor gaming structure. I was killing bandits at level 2 just fine with my iron battleaxe, but then later in the game I'm fighting bandits with my legendary deadric battleaxe and bandits are still taking 10-15 hits to kill and they 3 shot me.
Izzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2011, 01:37 PM   #123
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzi View Post
This is what I don't understand about Skyrim. I can understand why they do this but it is very poor gaming structure. I was killing bandits at level 2 just fine with my iron battleaxe, but then later in the game I'm fighting bandits with my legendary deadric battleaxe and bandits are still taking 10-15 hits to kill and they 3 shot me.
Are you sure you're not just fighting tougher bandits? When I go start new questlines that start out killing lower level bandits I feel OP as **** to the point where it's boring.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2011, 01:54 PM   #124
Izzi
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
Are you sure you're not just fighting tougher bandits? When I go start new questlines that start out killing lower level bandits I feel OP as **** to the point where it's boring.
Are you playing on master? I feel like some of the scaling on that difficulty doesn't make any sense at all. It took me 30 minutes to a kill a dragon with 350 arrows.
Old 12-8-2011, 02:22 PM   #125
fido123
FFR Player

I'm playing on Adept. If its too hard just roll back tube difficulty.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2011, 02:52 PM   #126
Izzi
FFR Player

I just wish they spent more time thinking about their difficulty ratings. Instead of it being legitimately more difficult they just took the enemy values and multiplied them by 1000. They should have made the AI better in combat and use healing abilities etc..

A bandit is still easy regardless of how much health it has, its just stupid that it takes so long to kill a bandit when it doesn't make any sense.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #127
champda
FFR Player

I'm doing the lost legends quest (on master) right now, and yet again I'm stuck!
The Draugr I'm fighting right now is virtually impossible to kill. Just about every time I have the oppurtunity to hurt him, he disarms me and teleports, making two copies of himself and taking me out from a distance.

Despite the fact that I have full Daedric, (with all sorts of nutty enchantments) he still kills me in 5-6 shots. When I summon atronachs or daedra, they just run around in circles and die right away. And when I use a bow he disarms me with a shout almost immediately and it takes me a minute or two too find my weapon in the foot-deep water that permeates the cave, by which time I'm usually dead.

I need help :/

Last edited by champda; 12-13-2011 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
champda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #128
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

The thing that bothers me most about this game is how often I have to delve into the console to attempt repairing a bugged quest, clipping problems, graphical glitch, etc. It's not really a problem for me, but I can't help but feel bad for less technically inclined people who may never finish the game because it breaks every hour or so.

champda: get a companion, the only reason they exist is to soak up damage. Paralysis potions/enchants are great too. Draugr are weak to fire, I think, so keep that in mind. If you really can't kill this cocksucker no matter what, and disarm is the gayest thing so I wouldn't really be surprised if that was the case, you can open up the console(`/~), select the guy, and proceed to play god with him. 'kill' is the obvious solution, but there's more entertaining ways to get it done. Spawn twenty imperial guards or stormcloaks on him, make him half-size (this doesn't make him easier but it's hilarious), or give yourself the wabbajack or some other cool item ("help wabbajack 4" to get the obj ID, then "player.additem *obj ID* *quantity*").
Old 12-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #129
Izzi
FFR Player

Occasionally I have to just put on my sneak gear and go 1 shot the enemy if they are to overpowered. I've run into people that shoot me with 1 arrow and kill me as soon as I enter the room.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #130
champda
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
The thing that bothers me most about this game is how often I have to delve into the console to attempt repairing a bugged quest, clipping problems, graphical glitch, etc. It's not really a problem for me, but I can't help but feel bad for less technically inclined people who may never finish the game because it breaks every hour or so.

champda: get a companion, the only reason they exist is to soak up damage. Paralysis potions/enchants are great too. Draugr are weak to fire, I think, so keep that in mind. If you really can't kill this cocksucker no matter what, and disarm is the gayest thing so I wouldn't really be surprised if that was the case, you can open up the console(`/~), select the guy, and proceed to play god with him. 'kill' is the obvious solution, but there's more entertaining ways to get it done. Spawn twenty imperial guards or stormcloaks on him, make him half-size (this doesn't make him easier but it's hilarious), or give yourself the wabbajack or some other cool item ("help wabbajack 4" to get the obj ID, then "player.additem *obj ID* *quantity*").
Oh god I never even thought about a companion, I just beat him after firing a good 400 arrows at him and hiding behind Lydia for an hour. Thank you so much!
champda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #131
hi19hi19
lol happy

Posting because I got this game and have absolutely not been disappointed. Much more like Morrowind than Oblivion was, and that's a good thing. Only level 14 so far but I've enjoyed every second.

As always, thieves guild is the best part of the game so far.
I'm basically roleplaying a kleptomaniac ninja catman- break into house, steal ALL THE ITEMS, run away. Endless fun
My lockpick skill is like 55, sneak and pickpocket are over 40, and everything else is still around 20 lol

Old 12-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #132
sticklydude
r.i.p. tiny hippo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to sticklydude

I wish I hadn't started playing on the PC. My laptop doesn't handle it very well and I don't want to start over on the console.
sticklydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #133
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

i lost my 100+ hour save because of the new xbox dashboard making me recover my profile
Old 12-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #134
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

game is amazing, level 52 high elf right now

learned all 20 shouts, but can barely find a dragon to defeat easily for a soul. ancient dragons showing up and killing me in 30 seconds opklakqjdfkjadf
Old 12-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #135
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticklydude View Post
I wish I hadn't started playing on the PC. My laptop doesn't handle it very well and I don't want to start over on the console.
Solution: get a new PC, copy over your save file

Old 12-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #136
kaiten123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDest View Post
game is amazing, level 52 high elf right now

learned all 20 shouts, but can barely find a dragon to defeat easily for a soul. ancient dragons showing up and killing me in 30 seconds opklakqjdfkjadf
i have the exact opposite problem lol. since around lvl 30 (or whenever i got dragon rend) i've been killing ancient dragons without even taking more than 10% of my health i damage but i'm too lazy to find all the shouts so i just have like 20 extra dragon souls.

also created a new character because around lvl 40 i realized i was pretty much invincible (my natural health regen rate was faster than most normal enemies could damage me). the game is kinda lame when no enemies represent even a tiny challenge.
kaiten123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #137
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

I had gone through most of the game without even touching the storyline at all and hit level 36. Then I restarted and beat the main story and I'm completing all of the quests and whatnot and I find it to be wayyyyyyy more enjoyable. Just got married to Muiri.

This sums it up.
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #138
albaneenesk8r
I Fap For Justice
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to albaneenesk8r Send a message via MSN to albaneenesk8r Send a message via Yahoo to albaneenesk8r Send a message via Skype™ to albaneenesk8r

arrow to the knee
My hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04im View Post
u so heavy even aphro cant carry ur ass
albaneenesk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #139
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

I have yet to hear anyone in the game say that arrow to the knee quote D:
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #140
albaneenesk8r
I Fap For Justice
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to albaneenesk8r Send a message via MSN to albaneenesk8r Send a message via Yahoo to albaneenesk8r Send a message via Skype™ to albaneenesk8r

really? xD i torrented it and installed with magic disk for PC and i heard it like 4 times the first hour i played it. the funny thing is.. i played it on 360 and my computer seems to have smoother graphics and gameplay than the damn console. so ty geforce xD also.. quad core processors are OP and need nerf =3
My hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04im View Post
u so heavy even aphro cant carry ur ass
albaneenesk8r is offline   Reply With Quote