Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-6-2014, 03:30 PM   #281
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

That's kind of my point, its probable that of those posts there are just going to be some that are awkward. That being said, I'm not going to throw it out just because of that, but I'm mentioning that its all I really have to say about you possibly being scummy coupled with the taking charge without giving too clear of a direction.
Old 05-6-2014, 03:32 PM   #282
cedolad
moonchild~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

I think I need to take a nap and rethink my strategy here.
Old 05-6-2014, 03:33 PM   #283
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I do have a question for him though, and that is how do you feel about backpack wanting to kill riot; how does that change your two top scumreads?
Well as you said lower in your post, Riot is awkward. Seems to be a lot. Don't think anybody would mind seeing him go even if he isn't definitive wolf to be honest. Because of that, I think backpack wanting to kill riot makes him appear to be town. It's a nice cover I think. There is always the chance that backpack is town and is correct about riot (in which case, nice job on catching this early), but I'm going to go with my personal view right now.

For the second part, well...this early, I don't have much view on all the player base. There are several players thus far that haven't done anything of any sort of value and that has to change or they will have to go. Discussion is everything, and if you aren't able to do so, what's the point? For the players that have been posting:

Charu: I like you because you don't appear to be stupid. It's nice to see I'm not the only one catching weird shit from Cedo's asinine assumptions. Or you're just playing me and I'm dumb. I don't know. Town for now.

Sunfan: You just annoy me a lot as a player in general, no matter what role you are. I see you make really stupid moves and then after the game, you tell me it was your plan all along to post stupidly. It's just better for me to believe you are always a wolf even when you are not, because to me, you post/act like a wolf. Fine for now I guess though. This is only day 1, so yeah.

Pedolad: Holy shit, I really hope you are not town or you'll make me sad. Refusal to avoid horrible assumptions bugs the hell out of me and strong attempt to steer/lead game (even this early which seems stupid) reminds me of Kayla doing the same when her and I were wolves in Ziv's United Nations game. (Have thread in another tab right now as this post is being made and see you talking about what I'm saying right now, whatever.) Your huge bold text telling everybody to be here a couple hours before day end also bugs me, because it seems like a very obvious attempt at appearing to care and look town, and I don't buy it.

Riot: As said above, you are awkward. You also don't seem to have a mind of your own, you are only asking everybody else what they think. Only time I've seen you make a post otherwise was http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=230, which is referring to you. Do you have any other opinions from yourself?

Ziv: Completely null for me, nothing down really stands out to me, but nothing good stands out for me either.

Lurker: To be honest, I have no idea. Not really a target for me right now, but that could easily change with more posts. We will have to see.

Everybody Else: POST MORE, GEEZ

Will keep my vote on DaBackpack for now, but will be checking on thread while at work and change if need be. Unfortunately, day ends while I am at work, so I will try my best to be available if it's a slower day.
Old 05-6-2014, 03:33 PM   #284
thesunfan
Role Tide

Just because people are pinging you out for it doesn't necessarily mean you need to change your view on the entire game.
Old 05-6-2014, 03:35 PM   #285
cedolad
moonchild~

Quote:
Just because people are pinging you out for it doesn't necessarily mean you need to change your view on the entire game.
You're right, but I feel like I started to make those plays when it was unclear where I wanted it to end up. Just a stupid mistake on my part.
Old 05-6-2014, 03:37 PM   #286
thesunfan
Role Tide

HEY ITS NOT ALWAYS MY PLAN TO POST STUPID. I've done stupid things on purpose before, and I don't quite know how I feel about them anymore. There was a game on DM where I was reading someone as the seer (he was kind of obvious with his reads crossing with his possible checks) and I tried to throw scum on him for it, and I ended up getting lynched for it. Its probably just better for me to be up front until I'm a good enough player to pull off trying to be stupid. That being said, there are plenty of times where I've just been a complete dumbass, the same should go for everyone; you're going to look like a tool a few times if you play this game enough.
but yeah, I know I annoy you as a player, not gonna change though.
Old 05-6-2014, 03:42 PM   #287
Gradiant

Quote:
HEY ITS NOT ALWAYS MY PLAN TO POST STUPID. I've done stupid things on purpose before, and I don't quite know how I feel about them anymore. Its probably just better for me to be up front until I'm a good enough player to pull off trying to be stupid. That being said, there are plenty of times where I've just been a complete dumbass, the same should go for everyone; you're going to look like a tool a few times if you play this game enough.
but yeah, I know I annoy you as a player, not gonna change though.
You could just not try to be stupid and just play normal, but yeah, not expecting you to change how you play. If you have fun fitting that role than please, continue to do so. That's the point of this game, to have fun.
Old 05-6-2014, 03:44 PM   #288
cedolad
moonchild~

I'm not arguing against that, because it's all true. We all can make stupid plays sometimes, and I've done so multiple times. But this isn't just ignorance, or bad plays, it's me letting my personal life bleed into the game. It's like when we go to work, and one of your coworkers is spouting out bullshit about how their significant other is cheating on them or some shit. They let their raw emotions effect their work and in turn it effects how others work.

My point being, I need to get my shit together.
Old 05-6-2014, 03:45 PM   #289
cedolad
moonchild~

end-o discussion-o, I'm gonna reread the thread, there was some stuff said that I missed because I was ripping my hair out and smearing my feces along the walls.
Old 05-6-2014, 03:47 PM   #290
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Got back a lot early, and for related reasons I'm in a bit of a pissy mood. (I have another meeting at 5-6 so I'll be back later to elaborate on my thoughts.) I'll leave some talking points.

Leaving my vote on Riot.

Gradiant, I'm not sure where specifically your complaints are with me, but I think you might be missing something I posted? I'll get back to you on that when I get back.

Xig, please just tell us something about what you're thinking. You don't have go be a big fucking hero about it. I mean no offense you're cool! But it's most constructive to the town if you're a little more open. I get that you don't want to be too open but...

Also assumptions are absolutely necessary in this game. You're employing induction-deduction. Induction absolutely requires assumptions.

It's important to keep track of WHAT assumptions you're making, though., And be flexible always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 05-6-2014, 03:49 PM   #291
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Also assumptions are absolutely necessary in this game. You're employing induction-deduction. Induction absolutely requires assumptions.

It's important to keep track of WHAT assumptions you're making, though., And be flexible always.
Ty for telling us how to play the game, maybe someday we can be as good as you are at TWG.
Old 05-6-2014, 03:49 PM   #292
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Problem is Xiz is a bad target because he's not going to really react to it, and as such the responses aren't going to be really diverse.
yay someone agrees with me on that

Old 05-6-2014, 03:54 PM   #293
Gradiant

Quote:
Gradiant, I'm not sure where specifically your complaints are with me, but I think you might be missing something I posted? I'll get back to you on that when I get back.

First part: I shall have to go back and reread. Hate to vote for somebody due to something I missed.

Second part: Not necessarily, if you base everything off of a false assumption you are only screwing yourself over. Now, later on in the game, yeah go ahead. Because there is now more evidence and information to at least somewhat support your assumption. In day one however, starting the game in this way is idiotic in my opinion. It looks to me like a half-assed attempt to look smart and really involved when really, it's a good way to: (a) look town as a wolf, or (b) screw stuff up for everybody else with a false assumption that could lynch somebody town or a special role.
Old 05-6-2014, 03:55 PM   #294
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
Xig, please just tell us something about what you're thinking.
Yeah okay. I'm going to pair sunfan and charu as wolves together. If it's one thing i'm strong at it's early game reads. I'm sure people can vouch for me for that. I didn't want to say it because I wanted to see how both of them react to each other (if at all) but they didn't. Which is what I was expecting. Since both of them were kinda in the spotlight (sunfan obvi more then charu) I wanted to see their reads on each other. Here is something strong that pairs them both:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Alright, so sunfan and xiz. Some games sunfan likes to say he's "melding" with xiz because hive mind whatever. This has not happened. Instead, sunfan wants xiz dead apparently. Not sure if in a joking matter or serious, but that's his statement at the moment.
Biggest point right here. This is a very soft (and pretty much filler) post. It's sheeping other reads that have been said already. Also take a look at most of charu's posts. Pretty much all sheep. However he has made an attempt to lead town and push the game along, however the fact he has kinda pushed sunfan to the side is unsettling.

Quote:
Gonna mention Charu a little bit here, town for now for a mindmeld with how cedo came out interrogating Riot; that felt super forced to me as well.
Yet he hasn't done anything or said anything after. Not a town sunfan play.

Old 05-6-2014, 03:57 PM   #295
Xiz
TWG Chaos

So i'm willing to kill Charu / Riot here, feel good about them. 3rd wolf is probably a lurker, like guest or manti or hans. I don't really care about them right now so im not focusing on them.

Old 05-6-2014, 03:57 PM   #296
Xiz
TWG Chaos

^ **Charu / sunfan. Not riot.

Old 05-6-2014, 04:07 PM   #297
cedolad
moonchild~

Then why don't you make a vote about it?
Old 05-6-2014, 04:07 PM   #298
Gradiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
^ **Charu / sunfan. Not riot.
So you think Riot is town?
Old 05-6-2014, 04:09 PM   #299
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Dunno. Haven't been paying attention to him. All of you can bandwagon if you want but I'm exploring other options while we still have time.

Old 05-6-2014, 04:14 PM   #300
Gradiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Dunno. Haven't been paying attention to him. All of you can bandwagon if you want but I'm exploring other options while we still have time.
Understandable, just wanting to see where everybody stands so I know what the list of possible kills are. Can change easily before the day ends, but it's better to have an idea for now.
Closed Thread