Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2007, 02:32 PM   #1
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Rock Band. More Awesome.

Word is that the PS3 and Xbox360 versions are out today. I own neither console, so no chance for me.

Unless I want to spend like 500-600$ just to do it. And believe me, I'm seriously considering it. Really, the PS2 one seems like the illegimate sibling here, and I don't know if I want to drop so much money for a single game that might not be up to snuff due to being produced by an outside source (I always hated how ****ty Tony Hawk 3 for the old Playstation turned out thanks to Shaba, even though Neversoft's PS2 version was amazing). As if this all wasn't enough, none of my friends are into music games (too busy playing WoW or worrying about getting laid constantly ugh), so I'd be almost totally reliant on online play to make full use of the band nature of it. Oh yeah and the fact that the PS2 version doesn't even come out until next month. In addition, my PS2's USB ports have never worked properly, something I noticed when I got Eyetoy the Christmas after it came out; naturally, this was after its warranty had been voided.

And really, I don't want to wait for them to release a left behind mid-quel for the Wii. I can't stand that **** anyway where a game will come out, then in between sequels, they'll release an advanced version of the most recent one for another platform. It killed me when THPS2x on Xbox turned out to be so freaking fully stuffed with everything I could possibly want, only to find that the content that Xbox owners got a chance to love would never be making it over to the land of Playstation, the franchise's then defacto home. And yeah, a Wii version would probably be better in some way, but I don't want to wait a freaking year for it.

Also, how is there not a thread about this yet?

ps I'll be going out in a bit... I think I might pick up a 360 or the cheapest PS3 available just for this... god what is wrong with me... I have a quick question if anyone knows: PS3 and Xbox360: compatible with wifi?