Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-2-2008, 09:44 PM   #61
tha Guardians
MCDC 2011
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tha Guardians Send a message via MSN to tha Guardians Send a message via Yahoo to tha Guardians
Default Re: Twilight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechild View Post
when ffr'ers that hate fanboys become fanboys of being against fanboys. wait wut

No, I just truly hate how incredibly lame and overrated this is. It personally bugs me because pretty much every girl I know has become ZOMGTWILIGHT obsessed, over this?

It's just pathetic :/
I'd rather see them obsessed over Runescape, which I loathe almost as much as Twilight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STD_Sappy View Post
It was a new view, you just chose to ignore it, that was a pretty ignorant statement. You should be able to think whatever you want, it's a shame you couldn't be a little more open minded and tried to enjoy the book. I know I did, I also thought it was gay at first.
K, what's new about it?
You better come back with an essay, because it's gonna be hard for you to make your point here.

Wow me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic-fast-fingers View Post
can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

Cheers,

Synthlight

Last edited by tha Guardians; 12-2-2008 at 09:47 PM..
tha Guardians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2008, 09:52 PM   #62
thechild
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha Guardians View Post
No, I just truly hate how incredibly lame and overrated this is. It personally bugs me because pretty much every girl I know has become ZOMGTWILIGHT obsessed, over this?

I'd rather see them obsessed over Runescape, which I loathe almost as much as Twilight.

K, what's new about it?
You better come back with an essay, because it's gonna be hard for you to make your point here.

Wow me.
Well I meant squeek and mal but you too if you feel that way lol.
thechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2008, 09:53 PM   #63
tha Guardians
MCDC 2011
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tha Guardians Send a message via MSN to tha Guardians Send a message via Yahoo to tha Guardians

Well I dislike Twilight equally as much because as it's already been said, it's a mockery of romance and literature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic-fast-fingers View Post
can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

Cheers,

Synthlight
tha Guardians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2008, 10:24 PM   #64
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Quote:
It's a good thing they recreated vampires. Before they were the lamest fictional creatures in existence. And if that is the only reason why you hate the movie and book, try to hear/read 'vampire' as something else. That shouldn't be a big deal.
So I should have to Ctrl+F, replace all "Vampire" with "Silly Twat" because Steffy Meyer can't distinguish what vampires are?

Oh, yeah. Hey, you know, I'll just drop a hammer on my foot, call it something other than "pain" and ****ing eat an ice-cream cone to celebrate how awesome it is. And the diarrhea I'll get, as I'm lactose intolerant, I'll call that something else, too, and ****ing eat another ice-cream cone because of how awesome it is.

EDIT: And I'm glad you like your vampires non-lame. That's cool. And by "not lame" you mean you like your vampires as non threatening creatures that when entering direct sunlight sparkle like diamond studded marble.

So goddamn cool.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!

Last edited by MalReynolds; 12-2-2008 at 10:27 PM..
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2008, 11:05 PM   #65
cherrygirl1223
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha Guardians View Post

K, what's new about it?

Wow me.

lol,Runescape! what the hell! Ewww.
Anyway anyone that doesn't like the book/movie
hmmm idea?
i give you all a chance to write your own book that sells millions of copies, than
make a huge profit from it also on top of that giving people entertainment and excitement ( to both boys, girls and young and old) since 2005 and still going strong to this day.
After that you try to make it become a movie, just try i dare ya.
Y’all have fun with that now ;]
cherrygirl1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2008, 11:11 PM   #66
sumzup
(+ (- (/ (* 1 2) 3) 4) 5)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sumzup Send a message via MSN to sumzup

That just shows how many idiots there are out there.
Old 12-3-2008, 07:15 AM   #67
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygirl1223 View Post
IF SOMETHINGS POPULAR THAT MEANS ITS GOOD RITE
RITE
Old 12-3-2008, 08:20 AM   #68
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
hmmm idea?
i give you all a chance to write your own book that sells millions of copies, than
make a huge profit from it also on top of that giving people entertainment and excitement ( to both boys, girls and young and old) since 2005 and still going strong to this day.
I am a writer. And the fact that **** like this gets published and eaten up distresses me. It's an utterly hollow, hollow book that is only popular because some people haven't attached a definition to the word 'love' yet and find that this book fills that niche, even though the 'love' expressed in the novels is abusive and dangerous. And selfish.

It's a vapid exercise in taking what girls think they want and writing it down. And then the young men will follow, thinking that the books will serve as a guideline for how they should act, seeing as the women like it so much.

Oh, hey, girl. I like you. But we can never be together. But just in case, I'm going to remove your car engine so you can't see another guy. And I'll watch you sleep. And I'll follow you around and make sure you're not interested in anyone else, even if I tell you to be. And you should be interested in someone else, because I'm telling you to be. But if you are, I'll rip his head off. But I want you to be. Aren't I so cool? Look at my smoldering eyes. Look at my smoldering body. Could you write down, please, how good my clothes make me look?

It's aggrivating as hell because there are NO REDEEMING QUALITIES AT ALL. I fell like I'm taking crazy pills, I really do.

The difference between Harry Potter and Twilight? I feel the need to bring this up because Harry Potter was the last book series to bring kids from out in front of the TV and actually make them read.

Harry Potter is not very well written. It's written in a very plain-text style without a lot of embellishment. But it created a world that so many people wanted to escape to, and it managed to tell a compelling, intense, and fun story over seven books.

Twilight does not. The story is absolute trash.

Twilight: I love Edward. Edward loves me. Every boy loves me. Oh, bad vampire. He's dead.
New Moon: Oh, Edward is gone. I guess I'll go all suicidal. Oh, wait, he's back.
Eclipse: Oh, the vampire's girlfriend from the first book is back. Oh, wait, she's dead now. So is Laurent. Oh, hey, another boy loves me, isn't this swell.
Breaking Dawn: I got married, SQUEEEEEE! Snap, I'm pregnant. Oh, cool, now I'm a vampire. Oh, cool, I can automatically control my blood lust. Oh, cool, there isn't a big war fought over my daughter so the hundreds of pages of buildup mean nothing. Oh, cool, the other guys in love with me find someone else including my infant daughter. Oh, cool, my Dad finds another woman to take care of him besides me. Oh, cool, I get to live forever and have awesome vampire sex and I'll be 19 this is the best. And I've had to give nothing up. Isn't this a great realistic expectation I've set?

It's like... If Voldemort, at the end of book 7, walked in to the school, and Harry was all, "Oh, hey, let's not fight." And Voldemort was all, "Cool." And they made tea-cozies.

If I could, I would literally - LITERALLY - slap every single person who could not justify to me in a reason that makes freakin' sense that likes the Twilight series. I can forgive the movie, because "OOOH, AHH, SOMETHING MOVING ON SCREEN DURRRR," but not the books.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 12-3-2008, 12:02 PM   #69
LilyPichu
FFR Player

@cherrygirl1223

It's not the popularity that counts. In fact, popularity shouldn't equal quality (although I don't deny there is some correlation). People can be entertained by the weirdest things, these days, srsly, but I suppose that's all personal preference. Just because a book is successful does not mean it is 'good.' I find Twilight to be a nice example of this. The story is, at best, mediocre, and yet it has formed a large fanbase. ?_?

That said, I personally think both the book and movie suck. Hard.

That is all.

Last edited by LilyPichu; 12-3-2008 at 12:04 PM..
LilyPichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2008, 12:55 PM   #70
neobludragon
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to neobludragon Send a message via MSN to neobludragon Send a message via Yahoo to neobludragon

Not only is it bad literature, but also it makes vampires look bad. I know vampires don't exist but I mean hell, vampires are suppose to just suck the blood out of there victims not make them fall in love with them. They don't care for humans they just want to feed. It's books like these that piss me off about vampires because they don't stick to the original myths about vampires. They create new ones and then people wanna become a vampire.

P.S. I love how south park makes fun of twilight HAHA. You guys should go watch that episode. It's the latest episode. www.southparkstudios.com if you want it in high quality.

Quote:
Quick break to say goodnight to my wife and then I am back on this like Tass on Noobs.

Cheers,

Synthlight
neobludragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2008, 01:56 PM   #71
Professor Raine
FFR Player

I'm not going to see this crap. They'll probably spend 15 min. on how the fuken vampires sparkle in the sunlight.

My simfilez ----
Dancing Rain : Dancing Rain 2
Professor Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2008, 01:57 PM   #72
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

They spend about 2 minutes on it, but it's just as retarded as it sounds.

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 12-3-2008, 02:02 PM   #73
xinpig
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to xinpig Send a message via Skype™ to xinpig

The whole series isnt all that great in my opinion. The "vampires" are too tame compared to their usual portrayal.

PSEUDO SKILL TOKENS! FC'd Blooddrunk with AVMISSING!
xinpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2008, 03:08 PM   #74
thechild
FFR Player

Quote:
hmmm idea?
lol fuken valley girls that think they are so cool. You're like my sister. in my opinion using these forums is about just as bad as playing runescape, which neither are bad IMO as long as you don't talk about them.. anyways go use myspace where girls like you spend 4 hours a day making bulletins saying "like pc4pc!" and editing your profile constantly.

if you noticed i kinda ranted and flamed alot sorry, i guess this is my vent to my sister.

Last edited by thechild; 12-3-2008 at 03:16 PM..
Old 12-3-2008, 03:19 PM   #75
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
I am a writer. And the fact that **** like this gets published and eaten up distresses me. It's an utterly hollow, hollow book that is only popular because some people haven't attached a definition to the word 'love' yet and find that this book fills that niche, even though the 'love' expressed in the novels is abusive and dangerous. And selfish.

It's a vapid exercise in taking what girls think they want and writing it down. And then the young men will follow, thinking that the books will serve as a guideline for how they should act, seeing as the women like it so much.

Oh, hey, girl. I like you. But we can never be together. But just in case, I'm going to remove your car engine so you can't see another guy. And I'll watch you sleep. And I'll follow you around and make sure you're not interested in anyone else, even if I tell you to be. And you should be interested in someone else, because I'm telling you to be. But if you are, I'll rip his head off. But I want you to be. Aren't I so cool? Look at my smoldering eyes. Look at my smoldering body. Could you write down, please, how good my clothes make me look?

It's aggrivating as hell because there are NO REDEEMING QUALITIES AT ALL. I fell like I'm taking crazy pills, I really do.

The difference between Harry Potter and Twilight? I feel the need to bring this up because Harry Potter was the last book series to bring kids from out in front of the TV and actually make them read.

Harry Potter is not very well written. It's written in a very plain-text style without a lot of embellishment. But it created a world that so many people wanted to escape to, and it managed to tell a compelling, intense, and fun story over seven books.

Twilight: I love Edward. Edward loves me. Every boy loves me. Oh, bad vampire. He's dead.
New Moon: Oh, Edward is gone. I guess I'll go all suicidal. Oh, wait, he's back.
Eclipse: Oh, the vampire's girlfriend from the first book is back. Oh, wait, she's dead now. So is Laurent. Oh, hey, another boy loves me, isn't this swell.
Breaking Dawn: I got married, SQUEEEEEE! Snap, I'm pregnant. Oh, cool, now I'm a vampire. Oh, cool, I can automatically control my blood lust. Oh, cool, there isn't a big war fought over my daughter so the hundreds of pages of buildup mean nothing. Oh, cool, the other guys in love with me find someone else including my infant daughter. Oh, cool, my Dad finds another woman to take care of him besides me. Oh, cool, I get to live forever and have awesome vampire sex and I'll be 19 this is the best. And I've had to give nothing up. Isn't this a great realistic expectation I've set?

It's like... If Voldemort, at the end of book 7, walked in to the school, and Harry was all, "Oh, hey, let's not fight." And Voldemort was all, "Cool." And they made tea-cozies.

If I could, I would literally - LITERALLY - slap every single person who could not justify to me in a reason that makes freakin' sense that likes the Twilight series. I can forgive the movie, because "OOOH, AHH, SOMETHING MOVING ON SCREEN DURRRR," but not the books.
How was this ignored? God, I love you Mal. You say what I want to say to everyone like cherrygirl. The fact that the mass of Twilight fans are that ignorant just makes me throw my head back and laugh.
Old 12-3-2008, 03:42 PM   #76
DoctorSerpentine
Banned

Thank god for Mal he makes all of my arguments for me when I'm too lazy.
And he words them better too.

ps twilight sux
DoctorSerpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2008, 04:22 PM   #77
Starshot
/DJS\
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Starshot Send a message via MSN to Starshot Send a message via Yahoo to Starshot

Quote:
lanyways go use myspace where girls like you spend 4 hours a day making bulletins saying "like pc4pc!" and editing your profile constantly.
There's a fine between hitting below and above the belt when critisizing somebody. You, my friend, just took a stab at her foot.

Read the first book. Thought the concept of "flirting with death" was fairly interesting. Wasn't the best thing I've ever read, but it was decent for youth literature.
Old 12-3-2008, 04:32 PM   #78
thechild
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshot View Post
There's a fine between hitting below and above the belt when critisizing somebody. You, my friend, just took a stab at her foot.
Sorry I find it ignorant she said eww runescape in the first place her posts are showing me the kinda person she is. I have a strong hate for these people, there are exceptions though.
Old 12-3-2008, 04:50 PM   #79
cherrygirl1223
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post

hmmmm, what lame and tasteless books/movies do you like?
(see that's what i think about what you like in that area because that's what you are saying about mine).
the point is you are one person, one person with
a totally different opinion on this topic. To me Twilight is a fantastic book
and movie. I will continue to stay true to myself with my opinion.
nothing is going to change that. There is more to the stories than just those of what you have wrote about, have an imagination seriously. The fact, is the events you wrote about the book might be the main problems but, there is more than just that. Also, i like the fact there was no blood or gore i really like to know peoples thoughts than that anyway. I think this book has a lot of originality. You might disagree, but i think millions of others would fight’cha on that one. Sooo, write back give your opinion but mine won’t ever change.

-Taylor =)
Old 12-3-2008, 04:56 PM   #80
cherrygirl1223
FFR Player

Quote:
lol fuken valley girls that think they are so cool. You're like my sister. in my opinion using these forums is about just as bad as playing runescape, which neither are bad IMO as long as you don't talk about them.. anyways go use myspace where girls like you spend 4 hours a day making bulletins saying "like pc4pc!" and editing your profile constantly.

if you noticed i kinda ranted and flamed alot sorry, i guess this is my vent to my sister.
hey hun, im the mutha fkn s***
haha you love me. lol

-p.s i have a myspace
what do you have a WoW account.