Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-2-2009, 06:34 PM   #2141
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: R1 - Actual Song Difficulties V2

Troll IS troll, but ignoring him, I need some pro's opinions on JX's ratings of the FMO and FGO's he just posted, because although he knows much better than I do, I do disagree with at least half of the FMO ratings he placed (specifically Bloodmeat, October, and Dead and Direct), so yeah, opinions?
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)

Last edited by stavie33; 05-4-2009 at 07:42 AM..
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2009, 06:42 PM   #2142
Niala
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Niala Send a message via Skype™ to Niala

Well, not that I'm exactly a pro, Stavie, but I'm giving my input anyhow.

First of all, October. Definitely not an 81. The 32nds in it aren't all THAT hard to PA well. If I can do the majority of them, then I can see it being a bit more like an 80 than an 81.

Dead and Direct, 83. No doubt. The 64th runs in it are way too hard to do for it to be anything else. Not quite FGO material, but very high FMO.

And Blooddrunk should be moved down to an 82-81. The only difficult part is with the one handed trill and jumps on the other notes, and, if I was a bit better, that'd be the first FMO I'd AAA. The rest of it isn't hard enough to make it worth an 83.

And, on a note of my own, Eradication should be moved up to an 83. Not only is the jumpstream really difficult and full of one-handedness, but the 24th breaks into 16ths are hard enough to make me almost elicit it being an 84, making it an FGO.

Just some opinions for yah', Stavie & JX. :P
Niala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2009, 08:34 PM   #2143
TheSeventhDawn
FFR Player

I can't really evaluate precisely each song's difficulty because I'm a one hander, but there's a few things that I want to point out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
I have reason to believe that until you leave (heavy) should be a low 7.

besides the amount of notes for a lvl 6, its got those annoying slow jacks all the way through the song just like first try as well as some akward jump patterns and some 16ths that dont fit as a lvl 6.
Totally agree, the only 6 with more notes than ''Until You Leave (Heavy)'' is ''From Mount Chorus''. But that song's patterns aren't nearly as hard as those 16ths in Until You Leave(for exemple, those annoying rolls). Its difficulty is similiar to ''Roses and Butterflies (Heavy)'' if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
hard 6/Tricky: The Lion's Dance
semi-hard 6/Tricky: Seagull
typical 6/Tricky: Get Um Up
hard 5/Standard: Breaking the Common

I really don't have much I can remember right now. If I come across a song that stands out in terms of difficulty, I'll post it here.
I agree with you for Get Um Up being a typical 6(mid-6), Breaking the Common being a high-5, Seagull being a high-6, but I think ''The Lion's Dance'' should be risen to a 7.

The Lion's Dance is even harder than a few 7s that I know, such as Roses and Butterflies(Heavy), Pondering Stuff, So Long to the Circus, EternuS, perhaps even Elements. That song extremely awkward to PA. I might be an one hander, but I'm positive it's as annoying to PA for a spread player. I can basically SDG every single 6 except Until You Leave/Dragon's Final Roar which should be a 7 and Mount Chorus(10-13 goods though) while I get like, at least 30 goods in ''The Lion's Dance''.

There are quick 24th and 48th note in the song if I'm not mistaken. The small jacks are making the song even harder to PA as well, not to mention the annoying ending that can easily screw you up.

Oh, and why is Haruka a 7? It should be an 8, in my opinion. Annoying beats and patherns. I don't know what you would call the patherns in it, but it sounds like a combination of jumps and gallops. The way that arrows are placed in that song makes it harder than most 7s.

Last edited by TheSeventhDawn; 05-3-2009 at 08:43 PM..
TheSeventhDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2009, 11:05 PM   #2144
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niala View Post
Dead and Direct, 83. No doubt. The 64th runs in it are way too hard to do for it to be anything else. Not quite FGO material, but very high FMO.
Really? I think Dead and Direct isn't too bad, despite the 64ths, The 64th patterns are overall not difficult to PA. It's not like Schmollbluk where the 32nds are jumbled in very difficult to read and PA patterns. It's an FMO that's between low and medium, certainly not a high FMO IMO.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2009, 06:19 AM   #2145
Niala
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Send a message via AIM to Niala Send a message via Skype™ to Niala

It might just be something to do with me being a relatively new spread player, too, but I can't seem to PA them at all. I always manage to get at least like 10 boos/goods. I'm lucky to not get a miss in the 64th sections, actually. I can see where somebody can think it's not that hard, though, considering that the awkward 64th patterns are really the only thing about it that makes it an FMO, and if you can do those well enough, well, it's a pretty easy song.
Niala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2009, 07:45 AM   #2146
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niala View Post
It might just be something to do with me being a relatively new spread player, too, but I can't seem to PA them at all. I always manage to get at least like 10 boos/goods. I'm lucky to not get a miss in the 64th sections, actually. I can see where somebody can think it's not that hard, though, considering that the awkward 64th patterns are really the only thing about it that makes it an FMO, and if you can do those well enough, well, it's a pretty easy song.
yeah, that's the reason, you'll see differently when you get better. It's a mid FMO, 78-79 IMO. The ONLY hard part in the entire song is the 1st 64th roll wall that has a quick staircase at the end, other than that I can AAA the entire song. October I think is 80, that's my opinion, Bloodmeat is 79 IMO, and Perfect Cherry Storm is 80, but maybe 81, I do have trouble with the jump trills speedwise
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 05-5-2009, 06:05 AM   #2147
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Hey, about Bus Rides With People...
For heaven's sake, this is NOT a VC, it's AT LEAST 77. It's much harder than Vertex Beta, Keep In Mind or whatever other borderline songs.

Best AAA: Frictional Nevada (Done while FFR was out, so it doesn't show in my level stats)

Resting. I might restart playing FFR seriously someday.
mhss1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2009, 10:24 AM   #2148
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhss1992 View Post
Hey, about Bus Rides With People...
For heaven's sake, this is NOT a VC, it's AT LEAST 77. It's much harder than Vertex Beta, Keep In Mind or whatever other borderline songs.
You know, as much as I'm ashamed to admit it, I kinda agree (76 difficulty though). My first impression of the song was quite a shock, the 32nd rolls and 64ths 32nd jump part, along with weird patterns and jump stream, this song took me the longest of any VC to AAA in a few months. I'd say it's a 74, but it could be in others opinion a 76, idk, up to JX, I'd leave it really high VC, but yeah, it's hard stuff
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 05-5-2009, 11:46 PM   #2149
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I had the same experience with stavie. Bus Rides With People looks intimidating, but it's surprisingly not that bad, for some reason I cannot explain. We need more opinions.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2009, 12:36 AM   #2150
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

It's definitely low FMO...hardest VC excluding **** like P4U and For FFR, and harder than NWE imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2009, 01:05 AM   #2151
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist

Yeah, I'm going to say FMO too. I played it again today and I don't know how the hell I SDG'd it but it's definitely not a high VC.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2009, 09:16 AM   #2152
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yeah, let's go with 76 difficulty, bus rides with people annoys me
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 05-6-2009, 01:39 PM   #2153
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

k we'll go with stavie's final list. can you or someone compile the list with this format (you don't need to fill notes/bpm)?
Code:
80 (D2) Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star (1337 Notes / BPM 180)
also some missed secret/token songs
Hellhounds On My Trail - 80?
Coactive [Over My Shoulder Mix] - 83?
Tell v3 (Extended Mix) - 87?

any ideas?

I'll check Bus Rides later. bumped Radical Rat to 83, aka high-FMO.
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2009, 02:33 PM   #2154
Utukku
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Bus rides is a low fmo imho, its hard to PA and hard to FC, its mind block friendly, and I couldnt SDG it in like 20 tries ...
I tried to play Pwntendo since its drum n bass and almost same thing than bus rides, with easier pattern, I did 3 goods on it the 3rd try, so I think Bus is 2-3 lvl higher.

75 - 76
Utukku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2009, 06:33 PM   #2155
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utukku View Post
Bus rides is a low fmo imho, its hard to PA and hard to FC, its mind block friendly, and I couldnt SDG it in like 20 tries ...
That little retarded jump-roll-right-jump-jump-jump-jump-thingy in the beggining gave me one of the strrongest mind blocks I've ever had. I AAA'd this part on the first try, but now I very rarely manage to do that.

Best AAA: Frictional Nevada (Done while FFR was out, so it doesn't show in my level stats)

Old 05-6-2009, 06:56 PM   #2156
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yeah, after talking with TC and bmah, and looking at EAG's scores and posts, my list seems pretty solid, and I haven't had any complaints or anyone asking to change something, so yeah.

And Otter's Dance is bumped out to VC now! Yay!! Finally, it really needed it, much harder than songs like Dot Death and Randomness Reactor.

Bus Rides with People is weird...I'm still unsure whether it should be low FMO (76) or high VC (74-75), my first impression was low FMO, as some tricky patterns and notes caught me by surprise, but after playing it a bit, and AAA'ing a 2nd time, it could go either way, though I prefer high VC. I'll wait for JX's opinion
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 05-6-2009, 07:02 PM   #2157
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post
Bus Rides with People is weird...I'm still unsure whether it should be low FMO (76) or high VC (74-75), my first impression was low FMO, as some tricky patterns and notes caught me by surprise, but after playing it a bit, and AAA'ing a 2nd time, it could go either way, though I prefer high VC. I'll wait for JX's opinion
Seriously: Compare it to Novo Mundo, NWE, GOSW, etc. And tell me, honestly, if you think this song is a VC.

Old 05-6-2009, 07:05 PM   #2158
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhss1992 View Post
Seriously: Compare it to Novo Mundo, NWE, GOSW, etc. And tell me, honestly, if you think this song is a VC.
considering the only one of those I've AAA'd is NWE, I'd say it's much easier than all of those except NWE, which should be VC, honestly. Novo Mundo's roll wall is evil, mainly because it's too slow to perfectly jump trill it, so you need to hit them, leaving me with that lone good BF nearly everytime. Trill in GOSW are harder than anything in BRWP, it's just icky patterns and weird notes (64th 32nd jump part, the last 2 32nd rolls are weird), that's about it

idk, needs more opinions
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 05-6-2009, 07:08 PM   #2159
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerax View Post
k we'll go with stavie's final list. can you or someone compile the list with this format (you don't need to fill notes/bpm)?
Code:
80 (D2) Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star (1337 Notes / BPM 180)
also some missed secret/token songs
Hellhounds On My Trail - 80? agreed, maybe 81 just because of the guitar solo, but otherwise 80 is fine, yeah, 80
Coactive [Over My Shoulder Mix] - 83? agreed
Tell v3 (Extended Mix) - 87? agreed, maybe 88 due to the long jacks, but it's up to you, I suck at jacks so don't listen to me, however I did FC it with only 3 boos on my friends account

any ideas?

I'll check Bus Rides later. bumped Radical Rat to 83, aka high-FMO.
replies in bold

Also I'll compile the list, should I add it to the full list up front? Aka, copy paste full list in front and add new songs in, then PM to you
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 05-6-2009, 07:10 PM   #2160
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post
considering the only one of those I've AAA'd is NWE, I'd say it's much easier than all of those except NWE, which should be VC, honestly. Novo Mundo's roll wall is evil, mainly because it's too slow to perfectly jump trill it, so you need to hit them, leaving me with that lone good BF nearly everytime. Trill in GOSW are harder than anything in BRWP, it's just icky patterns and weird notes (64th 32nd jump part, the last 2 32nd rolls are weird), that's about it

idk, needs more opinions
It's funny, I didn't have trouble with the roll walls themselves. What killed my AAA in Novo Mundo was an inconvenient adrenaline rush at the end of the song, in the last 3 notes or so. That's why I hate it so much.