Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-9-2014, 04:54 AM   #101
Araket
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Zenith's Arrows to Music Tournament!

I'm in!
Old 08-9-2014, 08:03 AM   #102
Toxophilis
( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
FFR Veteran

AAAing the first two rounds of a tournament isn't really enough to bump a person to the next division, like D4 will probably have 57-64 for first two rounds and thats roughly my range so that doesn't make me D5 if i AAA'd
Old 08-9-2014, 08:45 AM   #103
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicMan3 View Post
Let me get this straight. The winner will be dictated by the person with the most cumulative points in their division at the end of the tournament?

If so will it be the raw score or total score?
These will be cumulative of your Raw Score, as the combo score can vary drastically.

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
party 4u "holy nite mix" v2 - 5-0-1-2
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Flame Repellent - 5-0-0-0
Old 08-9-2014, 08:53 AM   #104
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Still checking if I'll be able to play on this, but I'm afraid it won't be possible this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxophilis View Post
AAAing the first two rounds of a tournament isn't really enough to bump a person to the next division, like D4 will probably have 57-64 for first two rounds and thats roughly my range so that doesn't make me D5 if i AAA'd
For a legit D4 player, AAA on that range is somewhat hit or miss. So, for someone with an alleged 'division drop' to get 'lucky' with the song picks kinda rises a redflag.
Old 08-9-2014, 09:13 AM   #105
Ghost_Medley
D6.9 Prime Buttonhitter

Only yesterday morning did this tourney have 138,000 in the Credit Pool, now it has 1,030,000 and counting
Old 08-9-2014, 09:24 AM   #106
Poison-
Nope

Can I play in D5
Old 08-9-2014, 10:04 AM   #107
sanzath
retired from rhythm games
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Oh, you put me in D5A? Can you bump me up to D6 please? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I wish I could vote you a 2nd time.
Old 08-9-2014, 11:02 AM   #108
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

in!
Question about the song changing though. are you able to change your own song? It might be useful if there is a song that you can get a higher score on with the same difficulty.
Old 08-9-2014, 11:11 AM   #109
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
in!
Question about the song changing though. are you able to change your own song? It might be useful if there is a song that you can get a higher score on with the same difficulty.
You are only allowed to change your song if someone else has changed it, but be advised you only get to change the song back to the Original Round Song. You will have to pay the change fee of 10,000 Credits.

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3

Last edited by Kanzas; 08-9-2014 at 11:15 AM..
Old 08-9-2014, 11:44 AM   #110
RagedBerserker
Hello Kitty
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

There is another slight problem with the rules.

Say I bail myself out of someones song change. In the rules it says you can change someones song after they have bailed themselves out. It also says you only have within the first 24 hours to change the song. So, wouldn't it be smartest for me to bail myself out in the 23rd hour so no one can change the song on me again?

And what about people changing other people's songs like MINUTES before the 24 hour grace period? Shouldn't the player have some time to bail himself out?

I'm just an old boy now
Old 08-9-2014, 11:48 AM   #111
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagedBerserker View Post
There is another slight problem with the rules.

Say I bail myself out of someones song change. In the rules it says you can change someones song after they have bailed themselves out. It also says you only have within the first 24 hours to change the song. So, wouldn't it be smartest for me to bail myself out in the 23rd hour so no one can change the song on me again?

And what about people changing other people's songs like MINUTES before the 24 hour grace period? Shouldn't the player have some time to bail himself out?
"-Once someone's song has been changed, it cannot be changed again unless the targeted player buys him/her self out."

So, therefore once you have bailed yourself out that round, it cannot by any means be changed again, unless the entire round song gets changed via the "50% of people have preformed changes" rule. >> "-If 50% of your division pays for anyone's song change, the entire division's song will be changed."

And you know, I'm just sitting here, fillin in for _Zenith_... lol

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3

Last edited by Kanzas; 08-9-2014 at 11:49 AM..
Old 08-9-2014, 11:51 AM   #112
RagedBerserker
Hello Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzas View Post
"-Once someone's song has been changed, it cannot be changed again unless the targeted player buys him/her self out."

So, therefore once you have bailed yourself out that round, it cannot by any means be changed again, unless the entire round song gets changed via the "50% of people have preformed changes" rule.
Right, I suppose maybe I am just reading the rule wrong.

"...it cannot be changed AGAIN unless the targeted player buys him/her self out."

This makes it sound like you can have your song changed AGAIN after you bail yourself out.

Also, the other part of my question regarding the changing of someone's song in the 23rd hour is still something I am concerned about.

EDIT: Yeah, I realize you're not _Zenith_ but the conversation should still help clear some things up.

I'm just an old boy now

Last edited by RagedBerserker; 08-9-2014 at 11:53 AM..
Old 08-9-2014, 11:57 AM   #113
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagedBerserker View Post
Right, I suppose maybe I am just reading the rule wrong.

"...it cannot be changed AGAIN unless the targeted player buys him/her self out."

This makes it sound like you can have your song changed AGAIN after you bail yourself out.

Also, the other part of my question regarding the changing of someone's song in the 23rd hour is still something I am concerned about.

EDIT: Yeah, I realize you're not _Zenith_ but the conversation should still help clear some things up.

I am not fully clear myself on the subject of your song being changed after the fact you change it back. But as far as I know, it cannot happen. Unless, like the rule states, 50% of the division purchased round song changes for someone.

As far as changing someones round song last minute, I don't think it would really be fair if you changed it within the last hour, or even 5 minutes before the round ends. As soon as Zenith appears, we can talk more about that issue. If that were up to me, I would say all round changes should happen within the first 6-12 hours or so, still giving plenty of time for that person to be aware of the change and still be able to submit their best play through.

EDIT: Actually, since the rounds are going to be approx. 3 days in length, it shouldn't matter when you change the song, as long as it is within the first 24 hours of the round. Lol

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3

Last edited by Kanzas; 08-9-2014 at 12:01 PM..
Old 08-9-2014, 12:09 PM   #114
RagedBerserker
Hello Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzas View Post
EDIT: Actually, since the rounds are going to be approx. 3 days in length, it shouldn't matter when you change the song, as long as it is within the first 24 hours of the round. Lol
Right, so you're okay with the fact that someone could change your song without you having time to bail yourself out because you weren't awake at 11:30 pm? That's all I am trying to get at here. I mean, the rule states that you can change it any time within that 24 hours, I understand that, but does it apply to those trying to bail themselves out as well? What I am getting at is, I think you should be able to bail yourself out at ANY time during the round.

I'm just an old boy now
Old 08-9-2014, 12:15 PM   #115
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuyasha View Post
In, D2.

Also comments on this. For Velocity engine replays you probably already know you can just view with your settings then use your own quit key. For R^3 I discovered a seemingly undocumented feature of replays. You can click the song progress bar like a video progress bar and go back and forth or straight to the end. Tested to make sure replays where the player did not show the progress bar still work. The replay engine adds a progress bar in that case.

Edit: This came up.

Would this potentially result in lots of credits being transferred back and forth each round if the majority threshold was not reached? Or would the credits just be forfeit? Seems like it would either make a lot of work and/or discourage people from participating.
If this has been addressed, I don't know but Ill put my two cents in anyway. I say there should be a 12 hour limit from the start of the round. The division has to reach a majority vote for the song to change. If that is reached, than those that voted send in their credits. If they don't they loose X amount of points. That way, no one transfers credits all willy nilly and everything still gets done. Hopefully that made sense. Got a job interview but Ill be back to clarify if I didn't do a decent enough job,
Old 08-9-2014, 12:20 PM   #116
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon

I don't think bailing out should have a time limit as the main reason it exists is to prevent someone from messing up your song on the last minute. It would also add a new layer of complexity as changing someone's song would allow the person to essentially try out 2 songs for the round.

Anyway, the wording is really ambiguous, but I believe "...it cannot be changed AGAIN unless the targeted player buys him/her self out." means the only time a song gets switched more than once is when you bail yourself out.
Old 08-9-2014, 12:21 PM   #117
Dark Saga
Known as WalterToro.
FFR Veteran

I'm in for D4
D4 - 4th Place - Red Blaster's Timebomb Tournament
Old 08-9-2014, 12:22 PM   #118
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown View Post
I don't think bailing out should have a time limit as the main reason it exists is to prevent someone from messing up your song on the last minute. It would also add a new layer of complexity as changing someone's song would allow the person to essentially try out 2 songs for the round.

Anyway, the wording is really ambiguous, but I believe "...it cannot be changed AGAIN unless the targeted player buys him/her self out." means the only time a song gets switched more than once is when you bail yourself out.

This, I am sure you can bail out when you get the notice. Even after the 24 hour period. And also, yes, it only can be changed 'again' if you are bailing out, or once again, the entire round song is changed itself.

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3

Last edited by Kanzas; 08-9-2014 at 12:24 PM..
Old 08-9-2014, 12:25 PM   #119
RagedBerserker
Hello Kitty

Alright, yeah, this is starting to make more sense.

I'm just an old boy now
Old 08-9-2014, 12:34 PM   #120
IwasAsquidOnce
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to IwasAsquidOnce

In
Closed Thread