Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-1-2013, 04:04 PM   #21
Banned
FFR Veteran

Default Re: i'm leaving my phone at home tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2P View Post
as much as i dont like your baiting tone for this,
idk what you mean
top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2013, 04:37 PM   #22
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Everyone bragging about having people sending them messages.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2013, 04:40 PM   #23
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by top View Post
idk what you mean
The macho thing. "Practice, bitch". We know you mean well though conditioning yourself to your phone as a social tool is more disconnecting than anything, because it involves the phone BEING a lot of the social dynamic. Nobody's sharing their own material as much.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2013, 05:00 PM   #24
Banned
FFR Veteran

i'm sorry, i don't mean to be condescending. i guess that's just how i come off sounding..
top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2013, 05:01 PM   #25
prongsie
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to prongsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
You had dozens but I bet they got lost in one of the holes in your wall..
too soon bro~* :C
prongsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2013, 05:04 PM   #26
Attractive
Banned

i see so many people my age staring at their phones. its a little alienating... seriously in some places every other person is staring at their fucking phone or is on the phone. i dont like to look at my phone in public much because i like to focus on THE THINGS AROUND ME first and formost. its like a world of zombies... if someone is walking looking at their phone and not looking where theyre going, i'll walk directly in their path and stare at them until they look up and realize that they're in my way. fuckin bunch of idiots... that's what happens when your parent's generation grew up watching tv and you've been force fed commercial bullshit your whole life... you have a nation of mindless consumer drones, just waiting to be told what to do... go buy the new phone.. go buy this. buy that. this will make you happy!! this will bring love!! this is the answer to all of your problems!! your savior the phone.... you cannot forget it.. what if you were to be attacked????? god forbid you have to learn how to DEFEND YOURSELF....oh heavens what a scary world it is without phones... how else would the government be able to track me? i need to know if i'm safe... i have an app for it right here.. look it says the government says im safe.. now i dont have to worry about anything...thank god i have my phone
Attractive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2013, 05:06 PM   #27
Xayphon
sausage
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Like Spitfire I don't have a subscription for my phone. The only way to access internet on my phone is when I'm at home using our W-Lan box. During school, I used my phone only to waste time playing games during free periods or breaks, especially if no one of my mates was available and I haven't had any homeworks to do. If they were available, I usually talked to them face-to-face. Obviously I was able to send them messages whenever, but that was really only the case when we wanted to plan meet-ups, stay connected for a project or share homeworks *wink wink*

In general, I always have my phone with me, just for the case of cases, but I really don't like looking at it every 5 minutes. If someone messages me continuously, I try to sit down somewhere or find a quiet place where I can call them instead of constantly sharing messages. It's another phenomenon I tend to notice around here: there are people who walk by, drive by or run by in the most crowded places while typing a message on their phone, resulting in them being uncautious and crushing into other people (has happened to me several times already, at school in particular). Their usual reaction towards me is a quick sorry, but I wonder what would happen if they ran into something completely different and cause some damage.

Last edited by Xayphon; 09-1-2013 at 05:10 PM..
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2013, 05:09 PM   #28
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I generally use my android cell phone to see what the current time is if I'm not at my laptop. I don't text or call often either.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2013, 05:26 PM   #29
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Moches did you see this on Upworthy? They got some good shit maynn
Old 09-1-2013, 05:42 PM   #30
moches
FFR Player

yup!

there's a lot of really great thoughts in this thread. i get the people who use their phone for business matters: i'm in a similar situation where i want to cut down on Facebook and other phone stuff but my time wasting is so tangled with my actual work that it's tricky to know what's what. the butt-phone idea is rly cute, too :3

to address mistah top, 1) i agree but 2) i'm still going to start with the most drastic measure possible. a big change is often an easier shft than a small one for me. also it's just a temporary thing, i'm not going to drop off the map or anything. (also, your tone was a bit off-putting at first but i know you didn't mean to be so it's all good man!)
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2013, 06:56 PM   #31
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

I only keep my phone on me for emergency purposes. With 2 kids now I feel better having it just in case something happens. But overall I almost never use my cell anymore and I refuse to get a smartphone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2013, 08:12 PM   #32
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Send a message via AIM to Snowcrafta
Cool Re: i'm leaving my phone at home tomorrow.

I have no shame in having my cellphone and using it accordingly. Yes, I'll check texts and alerts, periodically answer calls, and take the odd picture from time to time, but videos like this make it look like all anyone does anymore is sit on Facebook all day when they're out. Yeah, I periodically check when I'm in a social group and the topic is something I don't particularly care for.
Old 09-1-2013, 08:43 PM   #33
Calcium Deposit
I am the liquor
FFR Music Producer

This video comes across to me as one of those starving-for-publicity-hipster-vids that go viral and people take it way more seriously than they should.
If you need an example, remember this shit?

It's okay kids, use your phones. Obviously none of you are as bad as the examples shown in the video which are greatly exaggerated and are certainly not the norm.

United against hipster vids, 2013.
One thing we can all agree on.
Calcium Deposit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2013, 09:26 PM   #34
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

woah there's a thread for this vid? I saw that a few days ago. When I was at the movies today I was totally reminded of this. Everyone was like " gonna watch texts instead of the movie ktxbai"
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2013, 10:01 PM   #35
Attractive
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcium Deposit View Post
This video comes across to me as one of those starving-for-publicity-hipster-vids that go viral and people take it way more seriously than they should.
If you need an example, remember this shit?

It's okay kids, use your phones. Obviously none of you are as bad as the examples shown in the video which are greatly exaggerated and are certainly not the norm.

United against hipster vids, 2013.
One thing we can all agree on.
it's ok kids use your phones.... its not like youre being tracked or anything, right?? phones are great!! who needs to interact with people face to face?? just ignore those people, remember you have a phone... phone makes you safe... phone makes you feel good... heres the latest app, everybody is downloading it.... wont you download it too??

phone good..... phone make me safe..... i like phone.... me want more phone.... give mee phone... look at phone..... phone good....

...like moths to a lightbulb

Last edited by Attractive; 09-1-2013 at 10:04 PM..
Old 09-1-2013, 10:05 PM   #36
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Because everything is black and white. Doing both is not an option.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-2-2013, 03:50 AM   #37
Calcium Deposit
I am the liquor
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractive View Post
it's ok kids use your phones.... its not like youre being tracked or anything, right?? phones are great!! who needs to interact with people face to face?? just ignore those people, remember you have a phone... phone makes you safe... phone makes you feel good... heres the latest app, everybody is downloading it.... wont you download it too??

phone good..... phone make me safe..... i like phone.... me want more phone.... give mee phone... look at phone..... phone good....

...like moths to a lightbulb
You really excell at missing the point

Have fun being another sheeple for the hipsters to exploit though

Have you found kony yet because I saw him at walamart the otherday an I was like sup kony but he just looked away

Last edited by Calcium Deposit; 09-2-2013 at 03:52 AM..
Calcium Deposit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-2-2013, 07:47 AM   #38
squeesfan
Ale Nerd
FFR Veteran

I've never been one for phone technology. I've owned a Nokia 3310 for the last couple years (first owned it 10 years ago) and it's great as it has good battery life, and I can call and text - everything I need when I'm out the house.

That being said, there have been a couple of times when I've traveled home that it would have been nice to have a camera built in for taking pictures (I don't own an actual camera as it would be a waste of money for me on the whole) and then the ease of instantly updating it to the net via the same device.

squeesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-2-2013, 10:03 AM   #39
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Riotpolice Send a message via Skype™ to Riotpolice

The reason why we all feel like phones are invading our lives is because they are becoming more and more LESS of a phone, like they don't just call people now, they do all sorts of things like text, games, camera function, wifi, and so on. These kinds of things used to be a nice convenience, but look now.

They are trying so hard to make sure you have your phone in your pocket as much as possible by integrating as much technology as they can to the phone.

They have turned a simple cellphone that used to only be capable of calling people literally into a handheld computer.

And it won't stop there, they will keep trying to integrate computer technology with phones so much that I feel some of these phones will be more powerful than most laptop computers in the future.

It's scary stuff to think about.

I can say without a word of doubt that the next generations to come will become at least 10x more addicted to smart phones in the future.
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

Last edited by Riotpolice; 09-2-2013 at 10:12 AM..
Riotpolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-2-2013, 03:28 PM   #40
Attractive
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcium Deposit View Post
You really excell at missing the point

Have fun being another sheeple for the hipsters to exploit though

Have you found kony yet because I saw him at walamart the otherday an I was like sup kony but he just looked away

i didnt watch the video, but i do think the people who get all riled up about stuff like kony are pretty stupid...

Last edited by Attractive; 09-2-2013 at 03:32 PM..