Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-6-2011, 05:16 PM   #21
irionman
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Are occupy Wall Street protesters going after the wrong people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavernio View Post
Working 40 hours a week at walmart should make you enough money to raise a kid, but it doesn't. One of the ways to ensure that it does would be to raise minimum wage, a regulation of the government.
In any case, Fido, the guy in the youtube link seems to disagree with you about what the protestors are protesting, since he's saying they're blaming big business and not the government. Or maybe he's just talking about wallstreet specifically.

It's great to know that you laugh at 'stupid' people irionic. Do you laugh when you kick puppies too?
Depends on the type of puppy.

The occupy movement will accomplish nothing because they lack any type of backbone or logical stance. Yeah, a few of them might have their act together, but as a whole, it's a giant cluster of misinformed idiots.

From when I look at the group sitting there on the youtube links, or when I would look at them in person (before they were disbanded), I got this from it: Those people look like a bunch of high school drop outs or college freshmen.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ondon_Tent.jpg

If that don't look like a bunch of damn hippies, then I don't know what does.
smittyicecream 3:36 pm
yo this pot i just got smells like straight up doo doo (good doo doo), a pungeant strong smell

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
irionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2011, 05:37 PM   #22
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

It's not like OWS is useless -- at the very least, it gets people talking. The debt ceiling debacle, for instance, taught everyone a bit about how the debt ceiling works. It also taught people how completely batshit the Tea Party is.

So not all is lost. Even if OWS isn't doing anything directly, at least they're getting people talking. Hopefully about the right things.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2011, 10:56 PM   #23
irionman
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
It's not like OWS is useless -- at the very least, it gets people talking. The debt ceiling debacle, for instance, taught everyone a bit about how the debt ceiling works. It also taught people how completely batshit the Tea Party is.

So not all is lost. Even if OWS isn't doing anything directly, at least they're getting people talking. Hopefully about the right things.
Of course it will get people talking, but I doubt it will be about the right things. A lot of people will be talking about how annoying the protestors were, some will talk about how they think that the cops were abusing the protestors, and others will talk about how stupid they think the protestors were. I don't think many will actually talk about the goal of the protestors.
smittyicecream 3:36 pm
yo this pot i just got smells like straight up doo doo (good doo doo), a pungeant strong smell

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
irionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2011, 09:04 PM   #24
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

This thread was supposed to be about the goal of the protestors...damn you irion. I was on topic, sorta, or at least not on your topic.

Last edited by Cavernio; 12-8-2011 at 09:19 PM..
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote