Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2008, 10:36 PM   #1
windsurfer-sp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to windsurfer-sp
Default D3's unoffical D5 Tourney.

Introduction:
This is a side tournament for the players in the D3 tournament. The idea here is for the players in the D3 division to see how they go against each other playing the songs that are given for D5.

Here is a chance to beat people who may win the official tournament in D3. There is no complaining because you were eliminated for one particular song choice. There are no eliminations.

The format is a simple Grand Prix, that is there are no eliminations.

Each round starting from round 2 of the official tournament sees the players with the 10 highest scores receive 10,9,8... points. The person with the highest overall points at the end of the official tournament win.

I haven't quite decided on prize size but the aim will be on having multiple prize winners, not one or two large prizes.

(Ties will see all players with the tied score get the same amount of points, if two people tie for the best score in a round they will both receive second place points(9 points) for that round.)

I will put in 20,000 credits and will be playing. Any other donations would be appreciated as in any tournament.

The Scoring Twist:
Every boo has the penalty of reducing the score gotten from your max combo. That is for every boo takes off 1000 points off your total score. Sure you can mash out an FC on the guru songs played but is that the best way to maximize your score?

No one wants people to win this tournament by closing there eyes and vibrating, skill is what we are testing here.

Score Submission:
Please post a SS of your best score in this thread (last score posted will be counted). I would like you to also type out your score and the number of boos. For example: If some one has a score of 1 million and 10 boos please post; (SS) "1,000,000 - 10"

Summary:

Starting date: Start of the second round of the official tournament.
Ending date: Finish of the second round of the official tournament.
Round length: The length of the rounds of the official tournament.
Prize: A proportional split up of the credit pot.
Songs picked: The song for D5 in that round.
Signups: End at the start of the second round.
Score Submissions: Post a SS in this thread and "Score - Number of boos"

Credit Pot:
Please see the second post for now. Donations: People in the tournament helping out. Legendary donations: People not in the tournament helping out. Buy In:People in D2 or D1 earning respect and proving themselves.

(I will not PM you when the tourney starts, its not too hard to remember that this coincides with the official tournament.)

D1 and D2er's:
As you are obviously aware this tournament is designed solely for the D3 bracket, yet I offer you a chance to join and prove your worth if you wish. My proposal is a 10k buy in. You will have the chance to win back all your credits if you have what it takes. Or just have fun, the main thing is you donate your credits.

Last edited by windsurfer-sp; 06-23-2008 at 07:45 AM..