Old 06-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #21
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Xoon Pack Finale Released

lmfao igor's sm training

I knew I recognized all those steps from somewhere

P.S. I hope you all like the graphics I made for it

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #22
Djr Rap dancer
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Extreme odi kommisar pawa mega power shift.

"Don't do this..."
"Don't do what?"
Djr Rap dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:29 PM   #23
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

oh hey chaoz japan made it in

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnr61 View Post
so far into the oblivion and chaoz japan are pretty good though both have some extremely gay parts in the name of technicality
8)
Old 06-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #24
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

so its meant to not be an easy AAA
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #25
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Reviewz

[Don] - Aka Yori Akai Yume
Cool layering and nice Touhou. You're a lot better at stepping files than I thought, haha. 8/10

[Scylaax] - Brainstorm
File was pretty fun. 8/10

[who_cares973] - Chaoz Japan
Definitely better than z3ratul's file. Cool jacks and mines. 8/10

[Mr.Bob] - Chip'n Riddim
Straightforward and fun. 8/10

[Don] - Concertino in Blue
A bit overlayered but overall the file was very fun. 9/10

[Gundam-Dude] Crystallize Silver
My file. Rolls are annoying.

[Roar176] - Echoes
mini freezes were a bit much and some rainbow notes felt a bit unnecessary but overall it's a good file. Cool song. 8/10

[DJ Ossa] - Fantazindy
Rainbow notes were a bit much but it's a good scoring file I guess. Unique file but not much I'd want to replay though. 7/10

[Roar176 vs. Trance Core] - Foughten Field
Will play later.

[Hayden] - Go Beyond!!
Hands were a bit much and lol freezes. But it was alright. 7/10

[Igorsson] - Secret Stepmania Training
THOSE STEPS LOOK FAMILIAR HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM AND IT'S 24 MINUTES LONG HMMMMMMMMMMMM 9999/10

[N.T.M.] - Into The Oblivion
Wow, I'm impressed. Definitely your best file to date. 9/10

[Kommisar] - KeYboArDcrAsHer maXimUM
lmfao. Not gonna lie, that was pretty fun. 7/10

[WTFBrandon] - Kommisar plays Hej Kanin
Brandon didn't send you the video . But still a classic. 7/10

[Dimentio] - Lemonade
Cool song but steps were alright. Not too fond of this file due to some patterns. 7/10

[moches] - Marque el Dos
Awesome file. Jumpjacks were a bit much but overall it was enjoyable. Rainbow trill in the beginning took me like 2-3 tries to finally AAA. 8/10

[Roar176] - Organ Grinder
Overstepped and dumpy but OK scoring file. I wouldn't play this again though. 6/10

[Trance Core] - Poinsettia
Really cool song and chart. Loved the stops and overall layering but song ended kinda early though =/ 9/10

[Trumaestro] - Red Zone 8-Bit
Nice mini-freezes. Was expecting something similar to the original file but this actually surprised me. But nothing I would replay in this. 7/10

[JenovaSephiroth] - Rolling on the Duck
File is kinda generic and I found it to be pretty boring. Not a particular fan of the song choice either. 6/10

[Patashu] - Secret Base Zone act 2
Slightly overstepped but it was stepped to its potential and it was enjoyable. Song is repetitive though. 7/10

[ddrace] - Summer Jam
Straightforward MA file up until the very end where that 32nd trill kinda came outta nowhere and screwed me up when I was sightreading, lmao. Nothing I would want to replay though. 6/10

[Scylaax] - Trap Phantasm
Song and steps are pretty nice. 8/10

[Noon] - Xoon Finale
Cool song and steps. 7/10

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #26
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
Reviewz

Definitely better than z3ratul's file. Cool jacks and mines. 8/10
i did my job
Old 06-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #27
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

k, that made me want to commit suicide.

I think im gonna cry... was I close to passing it? D:
Old 06-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #28
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar[os] View Post
so its meant to not be an easy AAA
worst reason i've ever heard to butcher a perfectly good file
Old 06-14-2009, 08:07 PM   #29
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

hayden's i'm tired of AAA'ing my own files theory

also wtf brandon...
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:31 PM   #30
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar[os] View Post
also wtf brandon...
WTF is correct. That was lame as hell.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:01 PM   #31
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.

Just got off work. Gotta DL this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnr61 View Post
so far into the oblivion and chaoz japan are pretty good though both have some extremely gay parts in the name of technicality
Pretty sure I know what parts you’re referring to. Uhh… lets see… well some parts had to be placed “semi-arbitrarily” just to prevent any unnecessary minijacks and permit more layering. There were some drum bursts also which were technically jacks, but that’d be stupid imo cuz a repeating pitch can’t really be identified at 1x (in those sections) and it affected fluency. Some other minor compromises too.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #32
moches
FFR Player

Okay full review time

[Don] - Aka Yori Akai Yume
To be honest, since I’ve never heard of you, I was afraid this sim would suck, but it’s not half-bad. I liked your climax at the end—good stuff. My only complaint is that for the more subdued nature of this song, a lot of the bursts feel too hard and could have been patterned better and that the quads on cymbals and triples on piano chords don’t fit too well and break up the flow of the file: hands and jumps will do just fine. Otherwise, this was surprisingly good and with some polishing I can see myself replaying this quite a bit. 3/5

[Scylaax] – Brainstorm
Okay, pretty challenging and fun file. Only complaint is that it’s nothing that stands out too much and by the end of it I get pretty bored. It’s okay though, nice shot. 3.25/5

Whoa, hardass file and most definitely not a 5 (7/8 at least). It’s fun though and everything seems spot-on about this. I can’t complain much but some parts feel a little bit too intense, especially in light of the song (a more subdued style would have fit a lot better imo). Decent and a lot better than Z3ratul’s for sure. 3.25/5

[Mr.Bob] - Chip'n Riddim
Weird, I went into this without a clue whether I would love it or hate it (Mr. Bob is awesome, but Chip’n Riddim blows a little…) but the file’s niiice. 16ths can only get so interesting but you pushed the limits to the edge and I never took my eyes off the screen. Nice usage of mines. The only things that annoyed me a little were the jack near the end and some of the more tiring patterns. Nice otherwise; great job. 4/5

[Don] - Concertino in Blue
It’s hard to give this a nonbiased review since I’m a sucker for Puppet’s version but surprisingly this is really great. I think the entire thing was put well-together other than some hands that could have been jumps. I’ll replay this a little, I guess. 3.75/5

[Gundam-Dude] Crystallize Silver
Good file overall, some triples could have been better utilized (the ones after 32nd rolls really irked me) and some parts you had trouble placing all the jumps correctly (missed some guitar notes). I’d definitely play this again though; probably your best file to date. 3.25/5

[Roar176] – Echoes
Whoa Roar is really good at stepping now. I think some crashes could have used triples to emphasize those parts, but otherwise this was stepped just about perfectly. Thanks! 4.25/5

[DJ Ossa] - Fantazindy
Hahaha. I think this is the most SMG2-era file I’ve seen from you since Eternal Eyes. It’s fun though and nice job catching every single sound O.o Nothing else to say as it’s a little sloppy at times but those parts don’t bother too much. 3.5/5

[Roar176 vs. Trance Core] - Foughten Field
I quit out when you missed 24ths in the beginning and started putting minifreezes on crash cymbal: two things that irritate me to no end…but I’ll try it again. Okay, got past that part, but now they’re just semi-accurate jumps/hands. Sorry, steps just aren’t my cup of tea, and neither is the song. 1.5/5

[Hayden] - Go Beyond!!
Whoa awesome freeze part haha. This is good for a BS-ish type of file; even though it’s hard as hell it’s really fun so yay. Awesome 64th rolls too lmfao 3.5/5

[Igorsson] - Secret Stepmania Training
Badass file high replay value 5/5

[N.T.M.] - Into The Oblivion
NTM, you are really, really, really amazing. This was super fun other than some lame jacks that could have been patterned much better but I suck anyway nice shot dude. I’ll play this file a lot in the future, I bet. 4.75/5

[Kommisar] - KeYboArDcrAsHer maximum
I like the song haha…sounds like Saddest RMX on crack. The file? It’s pretty good, sort of like Saddest RMX on crack (no way!) only easier. All those minifreezes are kind of annoying but at the same time oh-so cool to watch. 3.5/5

[WTFBrandon] - Kommisar plays Hej Kanin
For some reason I love this file…really fun to tap out (other than quads gaah people learn how to use damn quads) and the mines are used well. Also Kommi plays Hej Kanin pretty well….sounds like fun. 4.25/5

[Dimentio] – Lemonade
Fingering (patterns) get quite tiring at times and mines could have been a bit more varied, but I liked this a lot otherwise. Looks pretty clean to me and I never really lost interest in the steps so good job. 3.5/5

[moches] - Marque el Dos
My file but holy frick I love this file a lot. The entire thing is patterned really smoothly (just imo) and the solo is awesome…probably one of my best. 4.25/5

[Roar176] - Organ Grinder
You just killed my fingers wow. First of all, those jacks are ridiculous. I get that this is a scoring file and all, but wow. Secondly, some of those freezes are hella hard to read and it really messes with the entire polish on this. The ending is really cool though, I’ve never heard a church organ solo before. 2.5/5

[Trance Core] – Poinsettia
I’ve heard of stepping swing as 16ths, but never 16ths as 12ths ?.? Otherwise this seemed fine, “vaguely inaccurate” rang through my head a couple of times but it’s all cool as this is fun to tap out. Also the stops at the end are jacked up…maybe if you had used 16ths this wouldn’t have happened. 2.75/5

[Trumaestro] - Red Zone 8-Bit
Nothing special and it’s kind of bland but the polish is excellent on this and it’s fun to tap out. I’m not a terribly huge fan of your extremely layered stuff, but when you tone it down a bit, your files are simple and fun so keep with that style once in a while. Good job. 3.5/5

[JenovaSephiroth] - Rolling on the Duck
Okay file it seems, unfortunately both the song and the steps inspired a yawn in me and eventually I quit out. Sorry. Climax seemed alright though. 2.5/5

[Patashu] - Secret Base Zone act 2
Patashu surprised me big time. I thought this would be next in a line of mediocre 7-foot files to mediocre VG-music but this was fun as **** to tap out. I suck at it but whatever and I can’t find anything wrong with it sooo….4.5/5

[ddrace] - Summer Jam
This is cool, seems like it climaxed well and the patterns fit the chill feel of the song. Can’t find much to complain about; some parts feel a little indexish and other parts feel more spread-oriented which could make for some cool playstyle switching action I suppose. 3.5/5

[Scylaax] - Trap Phantasm
Accurate steps once again and these are pretty fun too. Some of the usage of hands (once again, don’t overstep guys) is a little…liberal, but it’s your file, not mine. 3.5/5

[Noon] - Xoon Finale
Good steps, p. fun to tap out I suppose and the song is cool so good job overall. 3.5/5

OVERALL: Fun pack. I know why the files which I didn’t like are there, and I appreciate that now, so it’s not too big a deal if your score is low. Will miss Kommi a ****ton over the 5 months he’ll be gone.

Top 5
Into the Oblivion
Secret Base Zone act 2
Echoes
Kommisar plays Hej Kanin
Marque El Dos/Chip 'N Riddim
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #33
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Downloading
Old 06-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #34
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

I know the quads that I placed were wrong (mainly in this one spot), but i was to lazy to refix it.
Didn't think the file was gonna get in in the first place.
Just made it for Kommisar as a joke, rofl. Would have been nice if I got the ACTUAL video of him playing in, that was the plan from the beggining :P
I guess I will be the only person with that file, other than Gundam-Dude.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #35
moches
FFR Player

also anyone notice

Organ Grinder
Old 06-15-2009, 02:03 AM   #36
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.T.M. View Post
Pretty sure I know what parts you’re referring to. Uhh… lets see… well some parts had to be placed “semi-arbitrarily” just to prevent any unnecessary minijacks and permit more layering. There were some drum bursts also which were technically jacks, but that’d be stupid imo cuz a repeating pitch can’t really be identified at 1x (in those sections) and it affected fluency. Some other minor compromises too.
i wasn't calling you out on technical errors, i would never have checked through it on a low rate or something for random repeating drum pitches haha; my biggest complaint was that in a file that mostly flowed pretty nicely you just had to throw in a [12] snare megajack just because it was there >_>
also i found straight snare-jump js was kinda weak and uninteresting compared to the rest of the file even though it was patterned pretty well (these parts i was just waiting for them to end so i could do more color solos and fills).

it's still a good file, haven't enjoyed anything else in the pack as much
Old 06-15-2009, 02:05 AM   #37
who_cares973
FFR Player

what about chaoz japan ;_;

it has mines D:
Old 06-15-2009, 02:13 AM   #38
moches
FFR Player

not as many as Marque El Dos has
Old 06-15-2009, 02:31 AM   #39
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

chaos japan needed more amen break stepping theory
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:00 AM   #40
moches
FFR Player

what's an amen break