Old 05-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #181
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: Diablo 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I've been thinking that a 2H would be better because like you said some abilities don't scale with IAS and do scale with base weapon damage.

Using 1H and source at the moment though because i found a killer 1H with the same weapon damage as my 2H I was using (lol)
The joy of the system in place for D3 versus D2 (Or WoW etc etc) is that you can so easily adjust your skill selection to reflect what you've found.

Find a really fast speed one-hander than might have lower base DPS than a 2-hander? Swap out for some "does whatever on hit" skills. Find a huge damage, slow as crap 2-hander? Swap out for some % of weapon damage skills.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #182
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
stuck at belial on inferno. Need to farm gold for something like a 1400 dps weapon and some other various stuff.
lol where are you stuck on Belial?
I was able to burn the adds fast enough in phase 1 and 2 with only 41k dps as a wizard. If you're stuck on phase 3 that's just a l2p issue

(I still haven't killed him because phase 3 lmfao... I so bad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
The joy of the system in place for D3 versus D2 (Or WoW etc etc) is that you can so easily adjust your skill selection to reflect what you've found.

Find a really fast speed one-hander than might have lower base DPS than a 2-hander? Swap out for some "does whatever on hit" skills. Find a huge damage, slow as crap 2-hander? Swap out for some % of weapon damage skills.
The lack of joy about the D3 and WoW is that for any given class (or spec in WoW) there's basically only one build that works.
For D3 wizards at the moment it's Blizzard/Hydra or go home. Then you get to choose between a handful of defensive cooldowns that all suck, or Force Weapon so you can do a little more damage before you inevitably die.
Lots of flexibility there, yep

Last edited by hi19hi19; 05-31-2012 at 07:34 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #183
StoneMcKnuckle
FFR Player

Quote:
stuck at belial on inferno.
my dps sucked too hard for belial so I'm skipping him for now until I can get a better weapon.

start act 3 on hell difficulty
quit to menu
join public game on the same difficulty and quest (should be autoselected when you click public game)
get an achievement for joining the game!
leave.
congrats, you are now on act 3 inferno because I dunno but whatever that's just how it works

now you can skip belial for the time being and then go back to his stupid ass once you have better gear.
most of act 3 really sucks as a dh though. tons of cramped dungeons where it's difficult to kite and stuff. also those resident evil escapees suck ass.
StoneMcKnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #184
G.S.M
He is watching
FFR Veteran

I love how Inferno act 1 is a joke and then you get to act 2.

lol
Old 05-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #185
G.S.M
He is watching
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Also stuck at Inferno Belial with DH (actually haven't tried to solo). Farming will obviously help, but not sure if it's going to be good enough to make a difference. 50k dps/30k hp/150res/4000 armor etc. Everything is still somehow one shotting me. This is making phase 1 a tag game which goes against me when Belial gets in the way and tank damage from mobs that keep spawning. Phase 2 is probably not too bad due to movement skills.

Edit: 2 additional maintenance hours ftw.
Your resistances are pretty low. Really only play a barb atm, so I can only base it off of that.

600+ should get you by 900+ to make it easy on yourself.

Something like that.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #186
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Well you do pretty much need a kiting build as a wiz to work effectively solo but you can be a lot more flexible when you play in groups. I've gone pure defense just to protect my DH friend while he just fires away.

Another way a lot of people are building kite wiz is to take arcane orb and temporal flux since it does higher damage and benefits from crit. Works better with better gear though, blizz is more reliable as a cc mechanism.

About Belial, to be fair phase 3 is pretty much make-no-mistakes-or-get-one-shotted for wiz without good gear. Once you get enough practice reading the patterns it should be not so bad. I've only made slight improvements to my gear since I last posted, but it's made phase 2 better for me since I stopped getting one-shot by Belial's 3-prong poison thing. I'm still running <15k dps though so once I get a better weapon the snakes should be not as hard to handle.

Started a monk yesterday, I find them to be pretty fun !!
*Walks around with a sword*
*Approaches enemy as sheaths sword to commence punching*
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #187
fido123
FFR Player

Hell is a LOT easier than what I was expecting, although I'm only almost at the end of Act II. This is mah build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...igX!YZX!ZaYYac
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2012, 03:36 AM   #188
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
lol where are you stuck on Belial?
I was able to burn the adds fast enough in phase 1 and 2 with only 41k dps as a wizard. If you're stuck on phase 3 that's just a l2p issue

(I still haven't killed him because phase 3 lmfao... I so bad)
I can't get to phase 3. The best I've done is halfway through phase 2 and then to many adds pile up and since everything one shots me no matter what I run our of places to run. So basically I need to be able to one shot the adds so i can easily make paths.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2012, 04:37 AM   #189
Izzy
Snek

UUUgh, got to phase 3 twice and he instantly one shot me.
Old 06-3-2012, 02:54 AM   #190
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Finally got my Belial kill !! Never again you cocksucking liar ******

Ran the same wiz/wiz/DH group. Since our DH was better geared than either us wiz, he specced full glass cannon while we built almost pure cc. We discovered Wave of Force and mirror image/fracture wave of forces can deflect Belial's projectiles in phase 2 which helped a lot which cut back a lot on accidentally running into them while running from snakes. Phase 3 is just dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge.

Belial seems much easier with 2 people, 3 might have made the adds a little hard on our DH to down fast. Just having someone else there to take aggro is nice.
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2012, 01:29 PM   #191
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
UUUgh, got to phase 3 twice and he instantly one shot me.
if you can get to phase 3 it's literally just a l2p issue.
Which I seem to be having. The frustrating part is I have to die a half dozen times to get there and by the time I do I'm just frustrated and make a dumb error. Probably way easier with more people to spam rezzes and draw aggro off you for a while.

In other news I solo'd inferno Rakanoth while half naked using a retarded Ancient Guardian build. (had to take off all my gear with life regen on it because that would have killed me lol)
Was at like 5% health the entire fight, good stuff.
If you're having trouble making it work, instead of Meteor, run Storm Armor with the Scramble rune. It will take way longer but far less chance of dying.
The last passive and skill slot can be anything because as far as I can tell they are all useless. Maybe Blizzard with Snowbound and Cold Blooded for more damage or something.

Also killed Iskatu with lolkiting but he's easy.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 06-3-2012 at 01:46 PM..
Old 06-3-2012, 04:18 PM   #192
Izzy
Snek

Quote:
if you can get to phase 3 it's literally just a l2p issue.
Yea... no.
Old 06-4-2012, 10:39 AM   #193
Izzy
Snek

Aww snap. Went full damage and used about 2070 dex and my 1100 dps weapon. Was getting nowhere using armor and resist gear.
Old 06-4-2012, 10:45 AM   #194
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

I've been meaning to buy D3 for...well a month now but between this and that and my computer just not running too great, I ended up borrowing my buddy's account.

Started a Monk and holy hell, they're nuts. Blind, knock back, AOE pull...all while my health comes back per Spirit spent? zzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
darklordsarumon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2012, 10:51 AM   #195
MyRoseTearsBlood
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MyRoseTearsBlood Send a message via Yahoo to MyRoseTearsBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordsarumon9 View Post
I've been meaning to buy D3 for...well a month now but between this and that and my computer just not running too great, I ended up borrowing my buddy's account.

Started a Monk and holy hell, they're nuts. Blind, knock back, AOE pull...all while my health comes back per Spirit spent? zzzzz
You obviously haven't encountered elites/champions in inferno lul
Old 06-4-2012, 11:01 AM   #196
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

Quote:
borrowing my buddy's account.Started a Monk
Nope, no Inferno yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
darklordsarumon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2012, 04:12 PM   #197
StoneMcKnuckle
FFR Player

Quote:
zzzzz
Yeah, every single class on normal/nightmare difficulty is a snoozefest. The difficulty curve is a complete load of ass, really. Normal is so easy you can autopilot through it; nightmare requires you to be concious but not much more; hell gets tricky by act 3-4 but isn't really difficult; inferno act 1 is fun and difficult if you have terrible gear, easy with decent gear while all the other inferno acts are absolute assrape.

I dunno who the hell thought this scaling would be a good idea, especially for a storydriven game that requires you to play through all the acts many, many times. Someone at Blizz needs to be fired.
StoneMcKnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2012, 04:32 PM   #198
hi19hi19
lol happy

I love how Inferno Butcher's massive wind-up attack hits me for 13k... but an eel in the sewers in the next act hit me for 37k

It's like the Act 2+ Inferno damage numbers were determined by some designer's 4 year old son one afternoon

Quote:
Yea... no.
Honestly it really is dude. All attacks in phase 3 are broadcast loud and clear and all of them 1shot you.
Dodge or die- it's 100% skillbased, you could honestly kill that part of the fight naked if you played perfectly for 60 hours straight or however long it'd take.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 06-4-2012 at 04:35 PM..
Old 06-4-2012, 04:37 PM   #199
i will pwn u
idontmash.ipressextrakeys
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to i will pwn u Send a message via Skype™ to i will pwn u

pwn#1948 just started today but im almost lvl 10 lol if anyone is lower lvl and want someone to lvl with ..
Old 06-4-2012, 05:55 PM   #200
Izzy
Snek

Quote:
Honestly it really is dude. All attacks in phase 3 are broadcast loud and clear and all of them 1shot you.
Dodge or die- it's 100% skillbased, you could honestly kill that part of the fight naked if you played perfectly for 60 hours straight or however long it'd take.
I kept dieing because in order to avoid a punch i had to vault to the left and immediately after he would breath and there was no way to get back to the right. Once you get lucky to avoid that situation enough times in a row you can win. The explosions all over and the dodges themselves are easy. But being in the right place for the breath each time wasn't that easy if you wanted to dodge all the punches.

If i had 50 discipline instead of 30 then maybe I could use smoke screen or more vaults and it would be easy, but i can only use like 3 defensive abilities and I'm out.