Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 12:34 PM   #1
SoujiroXx
FFR Player

Default hi - THE WORD IS GRAMMAR NOT GRAMMER! FFS!

G R A M M A R

Your = possessive

example : Your posts look like a 5th grader wrote them.

You're = You + are

example : You ought to take this into consideration or you're still going to be a moron.

Their = possessive third person plural

example : Their posts look puerile.

They're = They + are

example : They're making their (ya possessive) posts terribly.

There = Place, demonstrative.. anywhere where they're or their doesn't fit !

example : I brought it there. There you go. Over there. Where are the stupid posts? There they are! oh wait.. There they're!( cept you wouldn't say that cause it sounds retarded) hoho..

were = 2nd person singular past tense verb to be, and all the plurals.

example : You (2nd person) were there(see above).
example#2 : We(1st plural) were there.
example#3 : You(2nd person plural) were there.
example#4 : They(3rd person plural) were there.

where = interrogative inquiring place, location.

examlpe : Where is it? Where are their stupid posts?

These are things that should be passive for you to say or speak, I understand completely not desiring to go through posts to correct your grammar, but misuse completely of a word isn't particularly grammar, it's not knowing the proper homonym to use. It's something you need to know, need to be aware of. It's sad to see someone using "there" for all three uses. You speak the language, at least show you aren't completely ignorant of it.

now, lesser points.

it's = it is

example : It's raining.

its = possessive

example = I don't know what its color is.

's = possive in most cases, this does not make something plural

example : Soujiro's post is getting to be inane rambling.

Ok, I know someone will get something out of this

-Soujiro

p.s: I know one of you gimps will try to pick out some minute error and bitch about it.. I don't claim to have perfect grammar nor did I try to have perfect grammar here. If I'm wrong on one of the example words then by all means, say something -.-
Old 05-31-2003, 12:58 PM   #2
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

hmm... so
Their their.... isn't accepted anymore?? damn... can i still use my "..."s (or is it "'s")

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:43 PM   #3
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

I don't have a problem with it. I always try to use the most perfect grammer in my posts as I can.
Old 05-31-2003, 07:24 PM   #4
SoujiroXx
FFR Player

That's good, before someone decides to be cool and slam you, you mispelled grammar.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:53 PM   #5
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

hahah... yes you did..... hmmm.... perfect you say??? naw im playing... my grammar is far from perfect but i use good grammar when writing papers and shit for school... just not on the forums

Old 06-1-2003, 04:14 AM   #6
ArK
FFR Player

if you care so much about someones grammer then you must be a huge fucking prick. jesus christ its just a fucking forum.
Old 06-1-2003, 07:05 AM   #7
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

hes just explaing how people say they dont care about their grammar is different from not knowing the proper grammar to use.... you dont have to be so mean...

Old 06-1-2003, 09:21 PM   #8
SoujiroXx
FFR Player

ArK, save it. Did I tell people to change it? Did I bitch, did I enforce or make note that it was extremely troubling to me? No, I noticed SO many people misusing everything, it's your language. You should be able to speak it semi-correctly without making such valiant effort. I know these points are not made very well in schools when they're supposed to be learned, some people don't know which word to use for a given situation. Hell, no more than 50-60% of teachers know some of the finer points, which is more than likely why they don't teach it.

Think I'm a prick, I honestly don't give a fuck what you think as your mind clearly hasn't matured yet.

and fuck, three posts preceeding yours are about the mispelling of grammar, you could've at least spelled it right so as to not look like such a moron.

-Soujiro
Old 06-2-2003, 12:07 AM   #9
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArK
if you care so much about someones grammer then you must be a huge fucking prick. jesus christ its just a fucking forum.
Ahem....

If you care so much about someone's grammar, then you must be a huge fucking prick. Jesus Christ, it's just a fucking forum.
Old 06-2-2003, 05:36 AM   #10
ArK
FFR Player

hah, the only reason anyone comments on someones grammer is to imply that they are more inteligent than them. its fucking bullshit.
Old 06-2-2003, 01:26 PM   #11
SoujiroXx
FFR Player

You clearly lack all intelligence, you again spelled it wrong. I made this post to help people who might actually give a fuck about not looking like a retard, sorry that this doesn't apply to you, ArK. You're how old? Hyro's age I'd assume since you speak of hanging around him? You don't think you should know how to speak your own language properly? Or at least semi-properly? And when someone points out that you misused one of the most common homonyms, they're trying to say they're smarter or more intelligent than you are? Because they're trying to help you? I use my knowledge of this only offensively when someone comes bitching at me sounding like an idiot. If you're going to bitch / rant / flame me for one, do it right - without error or anything for me to retaliate on.

Is it bullshit because you know nothing of it? Is it bullshit because deep down you're self-conscious of how people view you, and you yearn for acceptance? Are you trying to make a stand to my post, a protest against my trying to help some people by constantly mispelling the word grammar?

Your say means nothing, maybe try to make a valid point and I'd put some more consideration into it. Right now you're just like Hyro with the empty flames containing nothing but, as you say, bullshit.

-Soujiro
Old 06-2-2003, 03:22 PM   #12
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

soujiro... im not flaming you or anything like that... but you sure do care about what other do.... a lot.... your always worried about someone looking like a retard... maybe their trying to look like an idiot??... i dont know...

Old 06-2-2003, 04:31 PM   #13
ArK
FFR Player

lmao, you read WAY to much into that. i cleary dont give a shit if my grammer is good, as long as your smart enough to understand what it says. i at least give you that much credit.
Old 06-2-2003, 04:47 PM   #14
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

I commented on your grammar to look like a jackass.
Old 06-2-2003, 05:09 PM   #15
SoujiroXx
FFR Player

I was going to say something important, but I'll sink, you guys are simply retarded.

ArK, idolize Hyro much? Try not acting just like him for just a day

87, flame or no flame, you're saying you know everything I wrote? you saying 100% of this board knows everything I wrote? You can honestly say that you believe 100% of the people couldn't give a fuck whether they come across stupid or not? I put this up in order to maybe help a few people, since as I read I see the most outright middle-school type errors. They are far from subtle, I hardly put this up to flame or make people change themselves. I was aiming for awareness.

It turned into this shitfest when this cock, ArK, decided to pull a Hyro and be cool.
Closed Thread