Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-6-2004, 12:06 PM   #1
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default ALL MULTIPLAYER BUGS GO HERE:

BUGS: Please post all bugs in this thread. Once your bug has been reported, your post will be deleted to keep this thread short and sweet. Please read the current list of bugs before posting. When a bug is fixed, it will be crossed off the list.

NOTE: As synth is trying to fix these bugs, the server will need to be restarted, as such, there will be periods where it will appear that you cannot connect. Please try again in a few minutes. This will be normal for the time being.

The list:
1. *I THINK THIS IS FIXED. OLD VERSION WOULD FLOOD THE SERVER WITH YOUR STATUS ON GREEN, CAUSING PROBLEMS DURING TYPING. NOW IT JUST UPDATES THE STATUS EVER 1 SECOND*ok... you can't type in chat if you have loaded a song (green light).... this is a problem, since some morons won't click the play button and you have to yell at them and you can't....

2. if you green light a song, you can't go back from it... i've had times that someone decides they don't want that song, after i've clicked.... and i have to reload....

3. *INCREASED CONNECTION LIMIT. TAKE THIS OUT OF GREEN IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN*reloaded one time, and i think the lobby was full... cause it loaded with an empty multiplayer room, and i couldn't do anything....

4. *THIS MAY BE TIED TO BUG #1. IF THAT IS THE CASE, IT SHOULD BE FIXED DEPENDING ON TOTAL SERVER LOAD* Ialso, its very laggy... causing terrible PA.

5. when creating a new room, it will show someone else's name for a few seconds, like it was refreshing from another room....

6. the names are jittery... if you just watch the song name / yellow/green lights... they sometimes flash out and back....

7. when you switch rooms, it shows the last song you were selecting from another room in the new room.

8. *SHOULD BE RELATED TO BUG #1, SHOULD BE FIXED NOW*was in a room, and it wouldn't let me type in the chat... no idea why.

9. *SHOULD BE RELATED TO BUG #1, SHOULD BE FIXED NOW*more... some weird lag thing where after about 50 arrows, myself and LD could no longer see each others comobos/perfs... this was fixed when we both hit a big lag spike and missed. then we could see each others combo again.

10. *NO LONGER AN ISSUE. FIXED* non-multiplayer is acting like it is multiplayer... showing a 2nd person, saying multiplayer at the top... and also not showing the rank on the song at the end...

10b. *FIXED SCORE PORTION TO REPRESENT THE CORRECT MODE*looks like something wasn't fully fixed... might need to take another look at it synth.

11. *THIS IS NOT A BUG, JUST NOT A CURRENT FEATURE*multiplayer not playable in reverse...

12. solution to having 2 people ever a room when there already is 1 in there? perhaps add a "boot" button for the person who creates the room... could also rid oneself of unworthy/annoying competitors....

13. *THIS BUG HAS TO DO WITH THE MULTIPLAYER SERVER HAVING RELIABILITY PROBLEMS UNDER HEAVY LOAD ON OCCASION. IT WILL BE RESOLVED IN THE FUTURE*Keep getting disconnected or something. I'll be playing then suddenly I can't see the other person anymore, chat doesn't work. If I try and refresh and get back into mutiplayer it connects but just gives me an empty chat room.

14. *SOUND LEVELS LOWERED. FIXED*Also, the sound on the end of the song stats screen is way to loud compared to everything else.

15. *WRONG RESULTS SCREEN OPENING. ISSUE FIXED*Issues when 1 player fails... goes partially with #9... can't tell they failed... but when the results screen shows... its a singleplayer results screen, and it creates odd issues with playing more songs. have to reload?

LD EDIT: stickah
chardish edit: announcement, it needs better visibility
Old 10-6-2004, 01:32 PM   #2
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default RE: ALL MULTIPLAYER BUGS GO HERE:

Working on the bugs.. Working hard on them. Thanks for all the input

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 10-6-2004, 05:10 PM   #3
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

great job so far, but I've had people enter rooms with me that it said had no id, so when they typed it was just the colon, and you couldn't see anything on their side, aka no combo score or anything, but their score was tracked on the bottom right like it should...

Also about 50 % of my multiplayer games so far the other person's score is all 0's on the final score page... I haven't found any correlation between when it shows the score and when it doesn't yet

Old 10-6-2004, 05:14 PM   #4
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

no id? like a guest? guests shouldn't be allowed into it... make people register...

also, i've had times when people's scores show up as 0s, and about 5 seconds later it changes to their score.... don't know if you gave it time to do this or not... i've yet to have that happen where it doesn't show over time.
Old 10-6-2004, 05:16 PM   #5
Dale
FFR Player

I think it happens if they finish before you, and then "try another song" (or leave the room).

I did have some funkiness where i finished before someone and then got to watch their score (perfects, goods etc) increasing.
Old 10-6-2004, 05:21 PM   #6
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

that is quite possible dale... when your opponent leaves the results screen it goes to 0s... so that is probably it.

dale... that 2nd issue has to do with when the game loads. the 2 people aren't usually playing at the EXACT same time... so you can sometimes peek over and see them getting arrows when it doesn't appear there are any.... and vise versa... although it shows their arrows on your screen as the same as your own.
Old 10-6-2004, 05:28 PM   #7
jazzmosis
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jazzmosis

Uh, I'm having the problem where the games don't finish. The song plays through with the notes (in multiplayer and regular, right now), but when it's over, it never goes to the results screen - it just sits there, song over, no notes, but still running.

Seems like a problem.

Just a heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
<3 Jazzoo.
Old 10-6-2004, 05:33 PM   #8
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

this is a problem that has happened long before MP. try reloading (f5) or clearing your cache or rebooting. or all 3.... usually works.
Old 10-6-2004, 06:59 PM   #9
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

shox... chances are you two didn't start at the same time, so he was still finishing the song.... thats why his score was rising.
Old 10-6-2004, 08:12 PM   #10
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Yeah, it looks like the connecting with no one in the lobby, no games, and disabled chat is a big problem, two or three posts about that and it's happening to me too. Problem is, it hardly ever works for me. I have broadband, so it's not crappy connection speeds or anything. Just posting to say that this really needs to be fixed. Good job so far though
Old 10-6-2004, 08:16 PM   #11
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

IT IS DOWN RIGHT NOW.... THAT IS WHY THE LOBBY IS COMING UP EMPTY....

if the lobby comes up like that, it is either down.... or it is full. Synth upped the capacity... so its almost guarenteed to be from being down.

stop posting about it. we know its down.
Old 10-6-2004, 08:28 PM   #12
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

How long of periods is it usually down for? Because for me it didn't work, worked, and then didn't inside of maybe ten minutes... so that just seems kind of odd.
Another thing... I try to create a game and nothing happens. It's not the slow room name refreshing bug thingy, just nothing happens. Weird.
EDIT: Yeah, I type in the name, hit create game, the create game's name text bar is cleared, and nothing else happens.
EDIT 2: Alright, I can create games with no problem, don't know what that was all about. Delete this and my other post please.
Old 10-6-2004, 08:30 PM   #13
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

However long it takes Synth to get it back up. He will be taking it down periodicly.

Did you type in a name for the game you were trying to create?

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 10-6-2004, 08:30 PM   #14
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Synth was refreshing the servers earlier a bunch... and it didn't work when he was.......

and, it won't work if the server is full... server can be full for 2 seconds, 10 minutes..... etc. no set amount of time.
Old 10-6-2004, 09:05 PM   #15
STAINLESS
FFR Player

Default FFr multi player bug!!!

I'am really unhappy becasuse i was going to play ffr multi player so i followed the instructions but it wont work!!!!!!!!!!!!plz reply!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-6-2004, 09:07 PM   #16
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Default RE: FFr multi player bug!!!

don't be a fricking moron. read the damn thread, please... not 4 posts above yours i explained the issue in CAPITAL LETTERS....

jesus christ people, learn to read or feel the wrath of being a total n00b.
Old 10-6-2004, 09:24 PM   #17
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

these have already been posted in the original thread... in the context that... "single player is acting like multiplayer" i believe this is #10 and #10b. also, IF YOU WANT TO ADD TO A POST, EDIT IT. don't gay up this thread by posting 50 times.... again, read people... if you think you have a bug, read the list... chances are we already have it.....
Old 10-7-2004, 12:51 AM   #18
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18
Default another bug

Tassel, I let mine all wait a bit, one of them took the time to increase to the real score, but i'm about 80 % positive the problem is when my opp fails, then it doesn't post as a score. Something similar to that was posted but i'm fairly certain that that is the cause.

Also, I just finished a game and at the end, it went to the score screen as if I was palying a 1 player game instead of 2 player.

Old 10-7-2004, 12:54 PM   #19
Llesho
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to Llesho Send a message via AIM to Llesho Send a message via MSN to Llesho Send a message via Yahoo to Llesho

For some reason my data does not believe that my number of games can exceed 995, and keeps reseting. Also, multiplayer comes on when I try to do a song again.

I can die 40 times.
Old 10-7-2004, 12:58 PM   #20
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

your ffr siggy shows 1003 games. try refreshing...

did you click off the M at the top of the screen? we've already posted a few single player bugs related to MP... this seems to be an offchute of those.