Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 11:38 PM   #961
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

Default Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Specefically his last post to me feels like the self righteousness a villager feels like when they are being obstinate.

Like they are totally in the right.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:39 PM   #962
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
Can you explain this post more ind. How exactly is pearl not posting make them town
i don't think it was "town" so much as "maybe not a wolf" for not posting

there were some people trying to save him, but usually when that happens on a wolf team i'd imagine you want that wolf to make an effort to save themself if possible

at some point they'd have to realize that was close to not happening, with how late it got before knights came in. and at that point, i'd expect those people to lighten up a little on the defenses of a 0-poster, but that didn't really happen

was a game state sort of feeling, contributed to by pearl being the only egregiously low poster after a while
Old 10-24-2018, 11:43 PM   #963
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

This whole community not being on invisible seems like a leak.

I'm getting all these reads that I don't even know if I should be using right now and I feel dirty
Old 10-24-2018, 11:45 PM   #964
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

sry guys i've been meaning to go read eod but have burned a lot of my waking time today

this phase feels quiet, i was kinda tracking for check-ins and it's just been some of the same people who were around for last night's dealyo

i like that roundbox had opinions on when charu could have shared info more optimally, i guess, though it's a past issue

one misgiving i have about my mellon read is i've seen her do legit nothing when the wagons are unclear at eod as a wolf, so getting on the ground floor with prec would be different
Old 10-24-2018, 11:48 PM   #965
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknightsofneeee View Post

I'm getting all these reads that I don't even know if I should be using right now and I feel dirty
i don't really care, although it is a suggested thing to do to go on invis

i had to keep it on on MU long enough that i guess it doesn't faze me anymore
Old 10-24-2018, 11:49 PM   #966
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

opcorn: for this sun fan post
Old 10-24-2018, 11:50 PM   #967
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

Speaking of rip smilefires the mod

You gonna stick around or nah?
Old 10-24-2018, 11:52 PM   #968
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

maybe, idk

pizza recruited me to his zombie game but i really need to spend less time on the internet
Old 10-24-2018, 11:52 PM   #969
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
Hey Sunfan why do you think I'm maybe town when I was supr shady before. I use lilac scented lotion you know
you didn't read the OP and that's pretty townie

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:53 PM   #970
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

Gotcha

Well regardless best of luck in everything if I do end up seeing you less than I used to.

<3
Old 10-24-2018, 11:54 PM   #971
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:

people can be on invisible if they want, or they could choose not to be
the bar is super, incredibly unreliable, like extremely so

I've had it show my mobile account on a bar 6 hours after I had closed the tab on the phone.

Ps this reminds me that Manti needs to be on his other account

Old 10-24-2018, 11:55 PM   #972
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

Wrt game stuff

InD feels a bit lacking in the content department.

Also not really sure who he thinks is a wolf which concerns me slightly.

-shrug-
Old 10-24-2018, 11:57 PM   #973
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

InD's wolf game is no great shakes so I'm not gonna go looking at him yet (in italics).

But he sure isn't villagery
Old 10-24-2018, 11:59 PM   #974
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

haku
Old 10-24-2018, 11:59 PM   #975
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
you didn't read the OP and that's pretty townie
I wasn't going to read the op regardless of alignment. I said as much in the sign ups thread
Old 10-25-2018, 12:08 AM   #976
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
InD's wolf game is no great shakes so I'm not gonna go looking at him yet (in italics).

But he sure isn't villagery
You and thesunfan seem to say he could be a wolfin', and I just can't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:18 AM   #977
the sun fan
FFR Player

Charu has pointed out that I am rather subdued this phase, and that's correct, I am.

part of it is school and other commitments, to make it very short, I'm at a time in my life where things are actually going really fucking well for once and I somehow, someway, am not fucking anything up yet. I am reading FFR less than I was as a result, and TWG is part of it.

I don't think my game is seriously hurt, regardless of whatever counterpoint Lar will invariably make to this post. I think I am thinking about the game a rather healthy amount, and honestly, my biggest fault is that I am a coward (sort of like Syhto said) and change my mind due to overthinking.

I feel... good about my position on the game as we stand. Part of it is confidence in certain reads, but part of it is that I feel good, and because I feel good, I feel like I'm playing good.

I still don't know who the wolves are, but what I feel like I do know, is a few towns I'm never lynching.

I have often struggled to read inD. I am never killing him this game. His posts are too good to be a wolf. I do not mean this as a mark against inD. I think there's probably under 5 people in TWG who I think can [consistently] make the points that he has made about some small things like when wv and haku did the thing earlier. I have rarely spoken about how sometimes, when I get an especially good feeling from someone, when I read their posts, I sometimes hear their voice reading the post in my head. Before you commit me to an asylum, I do think that this only happens when I feel like the post is genuine. Its a terrible method that I don't put any stock into, but I put a lot of stock into it historically and I don't think I've been burned on it before because it happens so rarely. The post of "did I just get WV and Haku town from that?" or something like that was the post I heard in his voice. I could be wrong on him being town but honestly, I don't think I can lynch him without mechanical evidence against him at this point.

I think wv isn't likely to do that thing with not reading the op as a wolf. Its... not impossible. But it looks really good. I haven't iso'd him but I wouldn't kill him solely because he appeared to seriously not understand (including bringing it up later which is like a very nice touch if he is a wolf though wolfchat coaching is a thing etc etc) the mechanic of wolf sabotage. I think he's probably town.

I'm a dingus and Charu is town. Claim checks out as far as I can tell. Sorry Charu, that one is my bad.

DBP is playing town in a way that I have high confidence in my meta read. This is probably the weakest one so far, and still it manages to be really strong. The way he questions people is... well, questionable at times, but it is at the same time, vintage DBP town. His... assertions are very... himself as well to be a little vague about something I think I've noticed.

Lastly, and I need to reread her to fully make this read, but I don't think I have seen anything from fg that has made me... afraid of her potentially wolfing this game. Again, I need to read, and I will, to fully assert this read, but based on what I remember, I am not worried about her.

I would kill none of these people without mechanical info against them at this time, which is kind of a ludicrous position to take, I know.

I think there's a couple things I need to touch on to answer some potential questions:

I am not clearing Haku for the earlier mechanics thing. Haku's mind exists on a different temporal plane as I'm sure we all know. I've also made the mistake of... assuming with regards to Hakulyte before and lost a game because of it (albeit it was my own mistake and not anyone elses). I maybe should be. I am not saying that Haku is a wolf. To be honest, aside from maybe Lar, I think he is the towniest person not in my never-kill list. I don't have anything that I L O V E from him yet. I think the answer to his alignment lies within his grouping of neee/manti together even after syhto died, which is an odd line to take, but appears to be a consistent one for Haku. I /think/ Hakulyte is town, I am not locking it in.

Idk, Lar is a buttface basically. He could be really town now. I was recently burned by him in more ways that one, and as I said in the postgame of that turbo, getting slowrolled really, really stings, intentional or not. He is... capable of these emotional outbursts as a wolf, which, if I had to pick something to say about that, I would say that it is impressive that he can summon that spring of emotion upon command. I don't really know what he'd be doing as a wolf here, that's my biggest lack of a case against him; I don't really have anything he's done as wolfy, and regardless of all else, I do think I would have that if he was a wolf.

Aside from that, I don't know how to proceed. I don't know who is a wolf in the remaining group of raeko, roundbox, manti, neee. I also make no mistakes about the game being that simple. I am almost definitely wrong somewhere. But what I do know is, I feel really, really good about the game right now.

I would kill any of those four and... probably be happy as of right now.

I think neee has said words. I think I tend to like neee's style, but it honestly isn't even lacking or anything, I just think other people are higher than him, so its faux POE.

The other three are more real POE. I know there was some pushback to my roundbox vote earlier, I do think that its still a decent place to look.

I would encourage people to tell me where they think I am wrong. You don't even necessarily have to make a compelling case. I know that I can solve this game if I build a wall around the town and make the wolves pay for it. I feel like I am right there.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:19 AM   #978
the sun fan
FFR Player

yes I know I contradict myself on my inD read its meant to be a joke about the insane asylum but w/e

I laughed at it OK

Old 10-25-2018, 12:24 AM   #979
the sun fan
FFR Player

my confidence in Lar being town has waned since typing that post up but w/e
its just one space down now
and its probably not for a good reason

Old 10-25-2018, 12:24 AM   #980
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I actually like inDheart and WV. I'd lock town Charu at this point and assume he's going to eat a night kill at some point. May revisit in late game if still alive somehow.

I wonder if MML was aware about how sabotage works based on what he was saying. I'd tend to town read him for the wrong reasons.

DBP makes me wonder why he got annoyed at me and didn't do well, anything else.

Sunfan makes me wonder if he really didn't knew what was going on or if he knew and pretended to not know. Well, me being confused didn't help. Null ish

I'm fine with Roundbox so far, I don't see anything odd in his posts.

I don't know what to think of FG. I don't really trust my own reads on her too, they're usually wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
manti where u at

raeko where u at
I would vote Manti and just be like (where raeko ?)
Closed Thread