Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you sensed regression?
Yes. 35 83.33%
No. 6 14.29%
I have not been here long enough to tell. 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2004, 03:29 PM   #21
Destruction
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Location: In a white padded room, with people in white coats coming to stab me with needles again.
Default RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

The chat just needs the mods that are there to be there more often, I know that they have other lives and some of the mods that are there, are on alot IE: Jurseyrider734, Purplepoise, Blitzmage and so on but we need a few more that are on everyday such as those posted above. And no this is not a post to give me mod powers in the chat, I think I would do a good job but others see it differently as me being to nice to people. The chats main problem right now is The_Creeper, now I know that he has probably been IP banned about 50000 times but keeps coming back on, Im not a very computer literate person so I dont know what can be done of this but I hope something can, because most of the other spammers are just doing it to copy off of him because they think its cool.
I also agree with flypie, the emoticons even though they can be turned off, are still ungodly annoying and the spamming will decrease if those are removed (sorry all that like them but they have to go) Also if you cant change the color or size of the font would help reduce the spammage as well, now I have changed the color before, but once I got a warning from Jursey (no one else mentioned it to me) I stopped and havent done it since.
now I know my opinion really doesnt matter because im not known very well outside of the chat but I Like the chat and I dont want to see it any deeper into the hell its already in, but I also dont want it destroyed.
Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:31 PM   #22
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to hydrojakep Send a message via AIM to hydrojakep Send a message via MSN to hydrojakep Send a message via Yahoo to hydrojakep

Will jasonkey ever make that new chat?

hydrojakep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:32 PM   #23
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q

I've been here less than a year, and I agree fully. The forums, especially CT, have been turning to mush. CT is getting certain threads that would just be treated poorly anywhere else (which is bad as is). We need to change this.

The warning system, though, may be already very good. I only recommend that all warnings be public. After all, a threat to banning in public does increase the odds of a behavioral change (not to mention the general feeling of disdain from everyone else). I think the whole banning process and warning system that leads to it need some serious thought, nevertheless.

The worst thing I've seen is the quality of the regular posters, such as myself. I've been slipping, as have many others, into a pattern of flames and unintelligable ramble. As soon as someone new enters CT I assume they don't really deserve too much of a chance. This is a horrid habit that I've been kicking myself for for nearly a week (but was triggered due to the arrival of certain dull knives or misguided posters into the forum).

Yes, we've formed cliques. How to solve this? I don't know. There's no real way to do it without shaking the community. I think, though, that there should be something better added to the forum to improve the quality of the regular poster's posts. Awards.

Awards for good behavior, although childish, do provide some sort of an incentive. That is the only sort of thing that I can think of now (and really, it isn't much. I'm lacking in sleep now). I'm sure a solution can be hammered out. Especially by the crack team that's been posting here.

Q
The_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:33 PM   #24
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to hydrojakep Send a message via AIM to hydrojakep Send a message via MSN to hydrojakep Send a message via Yahoo to hydrojakep

Special titles?

Old 11-21-2004, 03:37 PM   #25
Destruction
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Location: In a white padded room, with people in white coats coming to stab me with needles again.

Im sure Special titles would make alot of people feel special and others mad that they dont have them which makes them post better quality posts, so it sounds like a good idea to me...
Old 11-21-2004, 03:37 PM   #26
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

You may or may not know this, but the warnning system is very sucessful, we have warnned many, and people have been banned, as a 4th infraction
Old 11-21-2004, 03:40 PM   #27
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

Special titles don't do much when they are handed out to alot of people. Like, once alot of poeple start getting special titles, they won't really be that great. And then there will be those that will whine and whine because they don't have one.

Of course, special titles might help a little, but I think it would be short-term.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:40 PM   #28
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS
Default Re: RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdarkness
You may or may not know this, but the warnning system is very sucessful, we have warnned many, and people have been banned, as a 4th infraction
How many have you missed, Jay?

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:41 PM   #29
hydrojakep
FFR Player

I'll make better posts if i get a special title.

OR a special title changing privilage.

Old 11-21-2004, 03:43 PM   #30
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default Re: RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by QreepyBORIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdarkness
How many have you missed, Jay?
That I'm aware of? None.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:43 PM   #31
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

I mean, I wouldn't mind a special title, but they become not special when everyone has them.

Still, I think it would be kind of cool to have one. Like...you could tell who all the good posters are because they have custom titles. But, they couldn't be generic, like "Good poster" or somethin lame like that.

You could also give people bad special titles for being bad.

@mods and admins: I believe I have postwhored enough to have gotten warned, but I haven't. Of course, I'm gonna slow by Post-whoring down alot, it's just that it has been over-looked
Old 11-21-2004, 03:44 PM   #32
Destruction
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Id post more often and better quality if i got a special titles, but that may just be because I wanna act cool with my title
Old 11-21-2004, 03:44 PM   #33
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

The fact that it takes 4 warnings for someone to get a temp ban is proof in and of itself the staff needs to stop being pussies and start actually punishing people.

The reason we're all complaining is because you guys tolerate way too much, so obviously the warning system isn't very successful.

And the CoryMalkovich bit was pathetic. I don't know he wasn't banned as soon as Moogy pointed out he was Sinjin.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:44 PM   #34
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Sorry guys, I have to take the opposite stance on this one. Well, I'll concede to your chat complaints- that place is a pit. But Synth has said time and time again that the people who run and program it have bent over backwards for FFR, and short of axing it entirely, there's not much he can do.

As for the forums, I don't see a problem. Yeah, there's the occasional idiot or spammer. But that's why we've got forum members that flame the flying crap out of him. The new warning system actually seems to be working pretty well, and nobody wants a nazi forum. Nazi rules are 10 times worse than Anarchy. Go to hlfallout sometime, where mods regularily delete posts, pictures, and entire threads without warning or significant provocation or explanation. Even 1up is bad, but that's because they advertise the site in their mags and as a result, get 9 billion fucktard noobs every day.

I don't know about you guys, but I like the relaxed feel of the forums and the strict but not too strict rules. I also like how distinguished members get more leeway- I mean, otherwise, I'd have been banned long ago. Of course, the new guys are going to yell 'hypocricy', and to that I simply say bite me. I'm older, so I'm better, case closed.

Stop whining. We get one of these threads every two months, and nothing is ever changed. To be honest, I haven't seen that much of a problem recently, so if you'd care to correct me, feel free to do so.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:45 PM   #35
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

What would you want, 2 warnings is a temp ban? Because you won't remember if you were warnned a month ago, and if you screw up a little, you are gone? I don't think that is very fair. The system in place is very effective. CoryMalkovich should've been taken care of earlier, but I wasn't aware of it, until I banned him.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:46 PM   #36
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q

Well, you heard the mod.

I still think that the temp ban idea is great. I also think the special titles (see: a0.com) would do some good. Competition always helps. What spurs competition? Incentive. Here's the incentive. I'm sure that we can come up with a better one, but this is all we have for the time being.

Q
The_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:47 PM   #37
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

I was warned once. Oh no. I can still fuck around three more times before I actually have to watch myself.

If two warnings = ban, then I better get my shit together now that I have one, now shouldn't I?

And why bother being fair to me? I didn't want to play by the rules and be fair, there's no reason for the staff to be fair back.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:48 PM   #38
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Well, it starts out as a REALLY short temp ban. Like a few days or something. It could move onto a couple weeks or something, before it gets more "2 months" or whatever.

Another topic to bring up:
The garbage bin.
I think you should change the garbage bin, so instead of it being for useless spam it could be for joke threads, or random stuff. Not for people to make a thread with a topic asdf and a blank post.

Old 11-21-2004, 03:52 PM   #39
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Do you guys really want the forums to go from

to

DO THE RIGHT THING

VOTE 'NO' FOR NAZI MODS
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:54 PM   #40
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Is that a neo-pet?