Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2006, 06:09 PM   #81
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Fate/Stay Night

I have to say, if I could take anythign from this show into reality, it would probably to be able to gash someone with the snap of my finger.
Old 06-3-2006, 02:56 PM   #82
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

Episode 22 oh noes:

- Gil demonstrates again just how incredibly boring fights involving him are. He has already jobbed enough people - there was no need for him to job Lancer too, especially when he finally started to be cool.

- I really, really hope that we get to see a tri-blade Kotomine fight at some point. And that it is animated well. Hell, I'm hoping that we get to see more well animated fights period. It seems that the producers don't really know how to make a good Gil fight, so I am holding out for well animated Kotomine fight.

- Rin was in this episode! I loved the way she purposefully explained Ilya's situation in such a way so that no one who hasn't been spoiled would have any idea of what the **** she is talking about. Of course, she disappeared as soon as she and Saber figured out what was going on.

- Barely anything actually happened in this episode.

- Seems like the FINAL BATTLE starts next episode. I bet it will end on a cliffhanger, and then episode 24 will promptly resolve the fight and then throw the Fate ending at us. Then we will get epilogue type thing for the last few minutes of the episode. If we are lucky, one of Sakura, Ilya, or Taiga might actually have a line! And Rin will have two!

I really hope that my disappointment with the last third of this series isn't too glaringly obvious 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinno
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2006, 05:32 PM   #83
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

This looks amazing. I'm Downloading now. Can't wait.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2006, 05:41 PM   #84
testrut
Banned

Send a message via AIM to testrut

Wow, the only thing 22 screamed at me was "this series needed more Lancer. Badly."

The rest of the episode was pretty lame.
testrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2006, 06:16 PM   #85
esupin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to esupin

Shirou should have gotten his hands on a bazooka, or at least a grenade. He should be able to trace those, right? Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/esupin
esupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2006, 03:36 AM   #86
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~

This series seems like it would be better fitted for multiple seasons; too much content with little devlopment in areas that I really wish had more to them.
Old 06-5-2006, 04:01 PM   #87
SethSquall
FFR Player

Im still downloading >__< . I found a Bulk 1 to 13 and I dunno whether I can be assed to wait now. Maybe I should download each episode 1 by 1.
Old 06-5-2006, 04:18 PM   #88
Kefit
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessdragn
This series seems like it would be better fitted for multiple seasons; too much content with little devlopment in areas that I really wish had more to them.
I see a lot of people expressing this sentiment, and I really have no idea why.

The biggest problem plaguing the last third of this series has been the overabundance of dead space. For some reason I don't understand, the director favors using long, vague flashback sequences that are often repeated as a means of delivering exposition to the viewer. The vagueness of these scenes often kills any narrative value they have, and the result is a long area of dead space in any given episode. These flashbacks could easily be fleshed out in the time this series has, providing for a richer experience overall.

Hell, lengthening the series would only make the problem worse - there simply isn't enough plot action present in the game to keep the momentum in the anime going for more than 24 episodes. Thus, lengthening the series would result in even more dead space.

What this series really should be doing is cutting back on the vague flashbacks, and using the excess time to develop the characters that have been dropped by the wayside - namely, Rin and Sakura. Sure, they might not have played major roles in the arc of the game that the anime is following, but that doesn't mean that they can't have screentime and still be around.

Hmm, with a bit more thought I think I know why people have this sentiment. Episode pacing for this show is superb - I've never been bored during a single episode, and moreover each episode usually keeps me excited the entire way through. However, the overarching plot pacing is rather slow. Most episodes have little major plot points, and the BIG STUFF has generally taken several episodes (Saber vs Berserker, etcetc). Since people don't mind the individual episode pacing, it doesn't pop into mind when they think of ways to improve the overall pacing and character balance of the last third of the series. Instead, the first thought is that the show should be longer, to give more time for other characters and such. However, all that is needed is a simple change in directing style, a reduction in the MASSIVE focus on Saber, and a bit more love for the other characters.

Quote:
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?
Old 06-6-2006, 10:35 PM   #89
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~

I remember around episode 8 really expecting this series to take an entangling plot structure path and gravely hoping so. There are by far enough characters to accomplish this, and when the Berserker thing happened I remember constantly expecting to see clips of Lancer and what was happening to him. Since we're coming upon the end of the series, I think I pretty know how things are going to pan out, and in the end I don't think I'll be remembering this anime too solidly.

I think that they are simply over developing Shirou and Saber; perhaps they should have portrayed how other characters would have developed alongside. I think there was great potencial to have an excellent, complex and rich anime that would only complement the awesome fight scenes and story tension.
Old 06-7-2006, 03:14 AM   #90
Kefit
FFR Player

Oh, there definitely was - the overarching plot of the two game routes that the anime series is not following are far more interesting and entangled than the route that it is following.

Character balance, on the other hand, would be difficult regardless of which route the anime chose, since with other routes we would see the same focus problems, just with excessive focus given to different characters. What I find weird is that this series offered great character balance and overcame this obstacle for the first third or half of its run, and then simply stopped trying for some reason.

And all this isn't to say that I am not enjoying the show right now - I am, quite a bit. It just started out so amazing, and now is merely above average.

Quote:
Old 06-8-2006, 08:34 AM   #91
SethSquall
FFR Player

Finally got it. I have to say that the first episode is weak and boring. Although I will stick with it because Kefit is have a Ke - FIT (haha get it?get it?get it? No? okay..) about watching this series. Plus I trust Kefit on this one. Watching episode 2 now.

Edit: Watched it. I love this show....

Last edited by SethSquall; 06-8-2006 at 09:05 AM..
Old 06-8-2006, 12:01 PM   #92
testrut
Banned

It only gets better. Until about episode...14 or 15? Then it kinda goes downhill, but is enjoyable none the less. Keep watching gogogo.
Old 06-9-2006, 03:03 AM   #93
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~

I think my problem is having been raised on animes like Grave of the Fireflies, Cowboy Bebop, Last Exile, Planetes, and the like. Perhaps I'm expecting too much from a series that isn't in that direction?
Old 06-10-2006, 08:47 AM   #94
SethSquall
FFR Player

Im on episode 5 now. I love this show even more.

Edit: *crys* I want a servant...

Dont tell me'bitch I said that.

Dont tell her I called her me'bitch either....

Last edited by SethSquall; 06-11-2006 at 01:02 PM..
Old 06-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #95
Kefit
FFR Player

EPISODE 23 OH NOES

<Rin> *points and laughs at Sakura and Ilya* I got lines this episode, BITCHES
<Sakura> Yes, and we saw how well that worked out for you *idly plays with bondage outfit*
<Saber> I can suddenly do a full Excalibur, take an EA blast that is more powerful than Excalibur, AND THEN DO IT AGAIN. Man where was this ability when I fought Berserker the first time =/
<Gilgamesh> Shut up bitch and get in my car we be riding ma spinnas riding ma spinnas.
<Shirou> Oh noes I've been cliffhang'd.
<Kotomine> I love everyone. Which is why I wish to kill everyone. Oh and I like naked lolis too. But where the **** are my triblades L:<
<Ilya> God my life sucks lately.

So far my predictions have held. I wonder how close my vision of episode 24 will be to what we actually get.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #96
SethSquall
FFR Player

Im on episode 10 now I think. Im glad I got into this anime. Oh and check your inbox kefit, please.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:06 PM   #97
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit
Oh and I like naked lolis too.
I haven't downloaded this yet, but this peaked my interest.

O_O
Old 06-11-2006, 06:36 PM   #98
testrut
Banned

peaked
Old 06-12-2006, 04:48 AM   #99
SethSquall
FFR Player

Is the next episode due to be released the last episode then?

Episode 11 now. Holy crap. That move "Burst" by Rider was harsh.

Episode 14 now. Archer....*crys*

Episode 16. SAKURA? dun dun DUUUUUUUUN!

Episode 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit
- Shirou ought to just trace a legendary M16 or something.
I Laughed so much at that.

Last edited by SethSquall; 06-14-2006 at 03:19 PM..
Old 06-17-2006, 02:41 PM   #100
SethSquall
FFR Player

Bump. Last episode is out now. Although its not done by [eclipse]. All my other ones are eclipse so I dont know whether to wait for [eclipse] or not. >__< GAH.

Edit. Scrap that I found one.

Edit edit. OmgOmGOmGomGoMgOMGomG I can't wait.

EDITEdiedidedededEDIT. But AWWWW becuase its the last one.

Edit agian :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoilers
i'm alittle disapointed that the fight was short but how it all happened was awesome. I was also very sad to see Saber go back to her time. I really wanted to see them work somthing out.

Last edited by SethSquall; 06-17-2006 at 05:52 PM..