Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 08:24 PM   #1
Curry and Rice
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Have you played with him though on NSM? any kind of meta info about now would be cool to me
Yeah, Olimar's from NSM. I don't usually know him to be inactive, which is why I was trying to guess earlier in the game why he was inactive. Aside from that, there's really no much to go on that I haven't already mentioned.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:29 PM   #2
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
what if roundbox "thinks" that manti blocked me because wolves submitted a kill on me that didnt go through
no

you see, imagine I'm a wolf I think you're the SK
if I think I popped your vest and then I doubled down on your lynch ("he's gotta be the SK! he just FEEEEEELS like it!") and you flipped SK, I'd look wolfy as shit for suddenly sleuthing your ass
really gonna expose myself this late in the game

c'mon dude I may have been inactive at game start but I still have a brain for strategy
Old 05-16-2018, 08:31 PM   #3
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
no

if I think I popped your vest and then I doubled down on your lynch ("he's gotta be the SK! he just FEEEEEELS like it!") and you flipped SK, I'd look wolfy as shit for suddenly sleuthing your ass

c'mon dude I may have been inactive at game start but I still have a brain for strategy
also like I'm gonna reveal that blocking theory the day before I double down on you
I would not have revealed that and just gunned for your death
Old 05-16-2018, 10:03 PM   #4
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
no

i mean, the doubling down would be a stupid amount of exposure

you'd have to ~finesse~ it
Old 05-16-2018, 10:09 PM   #5
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
There's also the case of literally not trying, which seems so wolfy that it's towny (hey inD did I just wifom myself) in a roundabout conspiracy way.
yes

also i don't think surprise at not being lynched is indicative of much tbh, although the most recent 3p comment makes me think olimar is either profoundly unaware of the game state or unsure of the 3p's win con, and that just kinda hurts my head too when i think about it too hard
Old 05-16-2018, 08:41 PM   #6
star-crossed
FFR Player

Umm, are you not aware that I believe olimar is the least likely person to be the serial killer (well, besides ind) and have been trying to convince everyone of this since I first joined the game?
Old 05-16-2018, 08:52 PM   #7
Curry and Rice
FFR Player

reverse psychology i guess

i mean

logically who else could the third party be
Old 05-16-2018, 09:00 PM   #8
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry and Rice View Post
reverse psychology i guess

i mean

logically who else could the third party be
Yeah, from this I'm concerned that you are projecting a lot of your own thoughts on the game onto me so that you can paint me in a convenient way for you. It doesn't sound like you took into account the way I have discussed role info or the reads I have given into your #1 theory for how I could be a nontown, which is crazy to me.

Good night.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:01 PM   #9
Curry and Rice
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
Yeah, from this I'm concerned that you are projecting a lot of your own thoughts on the game onto me so that you can paint me in a convenient way for you. It doesn't sound like you took into account the way I have discussed role info or the reads I have given into your #1 theory for how I could be a nontown, which is crazy to me.

Good night.
you do realize that as a third party you could lie about how you feel about olimar
Old 05-16-2018, 09:59 PM   #10
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post

Good night.
oh i think i get what he means, it just takes like 3 mental loops

if you defend olimar, it keeps him alive -> therefore, missing kills could be explained by either of you being gone, which is what he's currently suggesting happened

it's really a lot of conjecture though, because the same results could be produced via mechanics or stacked kills

think it's easier to start from "why would each faction want zoshi dead"
1. be olimar and notice he was pushing into you yesterday
2. be someone who voted xel and kill someone off the wagon, expecting the other guy to clean up the vigi, so you can hide better
3. not want him dead at all but instead hit a guy with a vest - seems less likely unless it's telegraphed by the current lynch attempt on curry. i know if i were in this position i'd try to find a way to lynch the guy i hit, so i can conserve shots

i don't think you strategically no-kill when there's nothing left in the setup to destroy you that doesn't also just kill you

at some point this turned into a post more toward curry lol
Old 05-16-2018, 10:09 PM   #11
Curry and Rice
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
oh i think i get what he means, it just takes like 3 mental loops

if you defend olimar, it keeps him alive -> therefore, missing kills could be explained by either of you being gone, which is what he's currently suggesting happened

it's really a lot of conjecture though, because the same results could be produced via mechanics or stacked kills

think it's easier to start from "why would each faction want zoshi dead"
1. be olimar and notice he was pushing into you yesterday
2. be someone who voted xel and kill someone off the wagon, expecting the other guy to clean up the vigi, so you can hide better
3. not want him dead at all but instead hit a guy with a vest - seems less likely unless it's telegraphed by the current lynch attempt on curry. i know if i were in this position i'd try to find a way to lynch the guy i hit, so i can conserve shots

i don't think you strategically no-kill when there's nothing left in the setup to destroy you that doesn't also just kill you

at some point this turned into a post more toward curry lol
My main point about that was that if Psycho was inactive and missed a kill, Star wouldn't want to make a kill because it would be pretty obvious who the third party was then. LIKE I SAID, though, that's probably the less likely scenario over Olimar simply being third party.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:04 PM   #12
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

relatedly if the last wolf would like to claim raeko's blocks, i'd love that
Old 05-16-2018, 10:16 PM   #13
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

curry and rice why did you have me as your top anti-town and not flip out when I wasn't lynched the next day and conveniently forgot about me to vote xel

it doesn't matter if you think he was third party or not, he was still anti-town, just like you thought I was
Old 05-16-2018, 10:22 PM   #14
Curry and Rice
FFR Player

Quote:
curry and rice why did you have me as your top anti-town and not flip out when I wasn't lynched the next day and conveniently forgot about me to vote xel

it doesn't matter if you think he was third party or not, he was still anti-town, just like you thought I was
see, that's where this all falls apart

i did not forget about you
Old 05-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #15
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

curry, you're being ridiculous. Here are the players I can suspect this game:

ind - Just kidding, he's the uncc'd vig

star - has had a pretty strong towny looking performance, I haven't had a problem with her posts and she's made some good points (including the one of your weird development of a scumread on me)

olimar - lolinactive (he's had some derpclear moments about 3rd party mechanics which he expressed openly to the thread)

celery - I liked his entrance back with manti and his harsh stance, but I want to say one of the only things pointing to him being scum is mechanics which leans him to being more 3rd party than anything else tbh (wolves wouldn't let celery do the kill unless he had to with raeko blocking and mw being disallowed)
I really need to read his posts

you - it's you for the reasons I've been stating

---

the gist of it is: I don't have many players to suspect
you're just the scummiest out of the bunch
this is completely independent of any case that you've brought against me
Old 05-17-2018, 01:47 PM   #16
Curry and Rice
FFR Player

Quote:
the gist of it is: I don't have many players to suspect
I mean, that's pretty telling in and of itself.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #17
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry and Rice View Post
I mean, that's pretty telling in and of itself.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Old 05-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #18
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

here, let me rephrase that statement

I have only 4 players from my point of view that could be anti-town
2 of them are anti-town

what more do you want me to say
Old 05-17-2018, 01:50 PM   #19
Curry and Rice
FFR Player

are you even for real
Old 05-17-2018, 01:56 PM   #20
Curry and Rice
FFR Player

Let me put it a different way: if all the potential suspicions you have are weak, maybe that says something about you.
Closed Thread