Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #1401
Necamus
FFR Player

Default Re: World of Warcraft

You clearly didn't read it very thoroughly.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Profession#Bo...ain_Profession

Just read down the second column of the table.

Examples: Blacksmith gets two extra sockets, inscription gets shoulder enchants, enchanting gets ring enchants, etc.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #1402
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

I was thinking I'd be most likely to go into blacksmithing. Because 1: More sockets is good, and 2: More sockets while a JC is -really- good, and 3: I can do a whole bunch of mining in advance before I drop it, and save some cash.

Plus, making plate gear means that any recipes I pick up in Ulduar for example, or in future patches/content I can actually make and use for myself. (As opposed to taking LW or Tailoring etc)
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:10 PM   #1403
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

5 Ulduar achievements tonight =D

Dwarfaggedon - I soloed this as I was late to the first fight for our raid and just popped into another instance myself. I didn't need loot from FL anyway. The rest of the raid got Orbital Bombardment. We're doing two towers next week.

Nerf Engineering
Nerf Gravity Bombs
Must Deconstruct Faster

We owned XT. No contest. Once he was in heart phase, he wasn't out of heart phase for the rest of the fight. We were attempting to activate hard mode but we were just shy at 5%. When he dropped out of heart phase, he was already below his HP for heart phase #2, so he just dropped it again and we burned him down another 20%, which brought him below ANOTHER heart phase.

But I'm On Your Side - Just forgot to do it until this run. Easily done.

Six bosses down on night one. Tomorrow we're doing Auriaya and the first three Watchers, then spending as much time as possible on Mimiron.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #1404
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

I really don't know what's going on with my guild or server. It seems that everyone has stopped doing Ulduar for some reason. I'd log on and check my guild tab to see if there's enough for Ulduar. All our pve people are not online. I check LFG to see if there are any Ulduar groups looking for healers. None. I look in /who to see if there's anyone in Ulduar. None.

I haven't done a good raid in 3 weeks and it's starting to get on my nerves because I really haven't done anything besides dailies. I tried running with a couple Naxx 10 pugs, but they are all ridiculous. Half of the raid usually doesn't know what's going on and they are all undergeared. The runs that I do with my tank usually last one wing and end after there because our healers are just unable to heal through this raid. At least on my priest, it's a little better. I've done a run where we cleared four wings with relatively no trouble. However, when we approach Saph, it was where our raid completely died. People kept dying because they didn't stand behind iceblocks. In our best and fourth attempt, our top 2 dps died at the beginning because they didn't stand behind the iceblocks. The other healer forgot to heal himself while standing in a blizzard and died. I solo healed for 9 minutes and that's when we had to wipe it because our decurser died and Saph was gaining more hp than losing.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:09 AM   #1405
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
I haven't done a good raid in 3 weeks and it's starting to get on my nerves because I really haven't done anything besides dailies.
come to my server~

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #1406
tsugomaru
FFR Player

On my undead characters.

Server transfers cost $25 per character, meaning it'd cost $50 for me total to move both characters.

~Tsugomaru
Old 05-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #1407
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Come to MY server, tokzic plays alliance.

But yeah my guild isn't recruiting at all so you can just sit down and jack off.

There are tons of 10 man ulduar pugs though, I know of at least two random pugs that got to vezax last week.
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:26 AM   #1408
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Wooo, tonight was awesome.

Went in for 25-man with a hand selected group because our 25-mans have been dragging lately.
1-shot FL + 1 (Mimiron's tower)
1-shot Razor
1-shot Ignis
1-shot XT
2-shot Council because somehow the MT died right at the same time as Steelbreaker and I was the only druid, my brez already used.
1-shot Kologarn
1-shot Auriaya
1-shot Hodir
Debated between going to Thorim or Freya, decided on Freya.
We sucked at the trash, pulled Freya like 4 times by accident while trying to down the Elders, but once we finally got to her we 2-shot her, just in time for the raid to end.

I've known my guild to be capable of this, it's nice to see that with the right composition of people we're amazing. I really wish I could go to tomorrow's raid, because I'm sure we'll have viable shots at Mimiron once Thorim goes down.

ImEric12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:32 AM   #1409
BOSS_pjpaveloffga
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BOSS_pjpaveloffga

ah at lvl 79 and its going to be my first 80..... what should I start doing once i hit 80? heroic dungeons? daily's? any help is appreciated I have no idea what to do

Judge 1, Difficulty Cap of 9, etc

BOSS_pjpaveloffga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:25 AM   #1410
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Do dailies if you need money. If you aren't exalted with the Sons of Hodir, do their dailies regardless. You need the shoulder enchants. Same with Kirin Tor, but you can get their rep from heroics.

Do heroics if you don't have a guild to carry you through raids. Make a list of all the loot you need and where it comes from.

As for us...

We've cleared all of Ulduar already this week except the unfamiliar territory of the last three bosses, so we're gonna spend as much time as we can tomorrow on Mimiron and hopefully get him down in enough time that we can try Vezax.

I got my t8 gloves, giving me the 2pc bonus. Or I would, if I weren't hit-starved. The t7 gloves have Hit on them and the t8 don't, so I can't swap them out yet. Yay! I need the chest or hat to bring myself back up to a range where I can fill in the last of the Hit with gems and such. The deficit is -64 hit from the old gloves and +4 from the new. Just not possible.

Last edited by Squeek; 05-28-2009 at 07:03 AM..
Old 05-28-2009, 06:43 AM   #1411
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Ouch, that's nasty. Yeah, I grabbed some new legs that have haste and hit rather than spirit for my balance set, because no one else wanted them for whatever reason.

Also, for Mimiron, I recommend you have everyone watch the tankspot video on how to do him. There's just too much stuff to explain, it's like trying to explain Lady Vashj, if you've ever fought her. Phases, and tank cooldown rotations, and stuff where you have to know specifically what to do, and ugh. A complex fight.

ImEric12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #1412
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
ohnoes not enough hit
Do you have 20 hit rating to Gloves, Ice Walker on boots and possibly even accuracy on weapon? That's 57 hit rating with those enchants.
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #1413
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

At the loss of a crapton of spellpower.

I thought of dozens of ways to make up the hit, but all of them are a DPS loss due to the enormous drop in spellpower. The 2pc bonus isn't that amazing that I need to swap out all my +32sp gems for +27 hit or swap out all my +sp enchants for +hit ones. I'd rather just wait for the chest/hat to drop.

See, I use trinkets like Mark of the War Prisoner (+73 hit) and Dying Curse (+71 hit) because not only are they hit, they're damage. Yes, there are better trinkets (Illustration of the Dragon Soul...) but the procs on these trinkets are good enough such that I don't really care to switch them out (unless I'm switching them out for a better hit trinket, in which case goodbye Mark, hello Flame. 24 more hit and more SP on use? I can dig it. It's a Razorscale drop too, which means it's only a matter of time before it's mine, as our Uld25 co-guild runs begin this weekend.

I won't be hit-starved once I get all my t8, of course. It's +165 for the t8 and +180 for the t8.5 set. Combined with the 107 and 71 from my trinkets and the 33 from the BiS trinket I already had from the EOE quest, I'm well over regardless of what set I use.

Last edited by Squeek; 05-28-2009 at 09:44 AM..
Old 05-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #1414
tsugomaru
FFR Player

You can do dailies and raise your reputations to exalted. Troll Patrol is good for Argent Dawn rep and the Shadow Vault ones are good for the Knights of the Ebon Blade. You can do heroics to raise the rest. The rep rewards can replace most of the gear you can get in questing if the RNG in heroics screw you over and can't get you better.

If your healer and tank are good, then you can do most heroics out there as a new 80 without much worry. However, if they are not, the easiest heroics to start of with are Violet Hold and Utgarde Keep. Utgarde Pinnacle and Azjol-Nerub would be the next level of heroics.

~Tsugomaru
Old 05-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #1415
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

I always found UP to be really easy. I think the hardest if you aren't in a decent group would be skadi, obviously, but the rest of it is a cakewalk.

I'd stay away from Oculus or Old Kingdom unless you have gear you really need, just because those two really irritate me.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #1416
hellticky
FFR Player

warcraft is fun, i have 2 level 80's , one a undead mage the other tauren druid
hellticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #1417
hellticky
FFR Player

with almost the best armor
hellticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:21 PM   #1418
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

XT-10 hard down.

Took three attempts.

8)

EDIT: Attempt #1 on Thorim Hard: 60%. The tank died.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

Last edited by Tokzic; 05-28-2009 at 11:11 PM..
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #1419
Necamus
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Dreams View Post
I'd stay away from Oculus or Old Kingdom unless you have gear you really need, just because those two really irritate me.
With a smart tank, Old Kingdom isn't really that bad.. some of the pulls can be pretty tricky, but you don't really need good DPS there. Except for that last boss where you need to slaughter the add before it reaches the portal thing.

Oculus just sucks. Stay away from it.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #1420
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Occulus is easy as hell, I mean you don't need good gear, or anything. I mean, just don't bring morons.
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote