Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 08:48 PM   #1
Benny1
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Benny1
Default Wicked

So I got lucky and got to see this great musical.

I'm not sure how musicals spread, but this one is pretty big in the Chicago-area.

So a few days ago my friend was like, hey, I have an extra ticket to wicked, want to come? I figure, sounds pretty good, everyone has been talking about it, it must be pretty good.

Switch to sunday (today), and I'm in a car with 4 other people I don't know. My friend tells me K-Mart bought Sears, which I don't have a clue if that is true or not, it sure as heck doesn't seem to be. BUt anyways, so we get to Chicago, wander a little, and head over to the Oriental Theater.

After going through the hassle of finding our seats, we read the playbill some, and then the musical begins.

SPOILERS BEGIN HERE
It starts out with Glinda going and telling everyone the wicked witch of the west is dead, and they sing in celebration. After that, somebody asks Glinda if she really was friends with the Wicked witch of the west. Thus begins a massive flashback.

When The wicked witch was born, she was green, so everybody was racist and mean to her, and totally disregarded her. However, when she showed she had talent for magic, the headmistress of a school took her, and started teaching her. She was a roommate with Galinda, and they loathed each other. However, when the wicked witch did some stuff to make the headmistress teach Galinda, because she gave her a hat (even though it was very ugly and witchy) that she showed up at a party wearing, and stopped the whole party basically, because it was so ugly. She then started dancing alone, and then Galinda went and danced with her, and everything was better, and they were friends.

,Then later, one of the teachers was taken away, because he was an animal, and they didn't want talking animals anymore. They also introduces a *gasp* CAGE! The wicked witch stole the cage, and ran off with it, and set the lion cub free. This is how the lion came to be, the wicked witch fought all of his battles, leaving him with no courage.
She then went to see the wizard of oz, and it turns out the wizard of oz is the reason the animals were being taken away. She also put wings on monkeys trying to let them fly like birds. She ran away from there, and the headmistress started the rumors of her being wicked, but she really wasn't, she just wanted to save the animals.

Cut to her with her little sister, who can't walk. She fixes her sisters legs, but in the process, makers her break up with her boyfriend. She then makes her boyfriend's heart disappear, so the wicked witch turns him into a tin man, who doesn't have a heart.

Cut to the wicked witch escaping with her boyfriend from police. They hide, but she has a vision of a flying house about to hit her sisters house (her sister is the wicked witch of the west I guess). You get Glinda and The wicked witch slapping each other, and then her boyfriend is taken away, to be interogatted. IN order to prevent him from saying anything and dying, she turned him into a straw man with no brains.

The wicked witch and Glinda meet one more time, while she is holding Dorthy. They give each other last regards, and the wicked witch surrenders, and is melted by Dorthy, while Glinda watches in horror. After Glinda leaves, the straw man comes by, taps the ground, and out comes the wicked with of the west!!!!!!!!! It was all a trick, but GLinda can never know she is alive.

Yeah, it's over.
I skipped a lot fo it, but thats the gist of it.

To all of you chicago people,or if this is more than chicago, anywhere, you should really watch this if you EVER have an oppurtunity to, it is a great musical. A definite 10/10
Old 11-20-2005, 09:31 PM   #2
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default RE: Wicked

Whorli made me buy her tickets to this for when it comes to Philly. Problem is, you can only buy the tickets through the theater in a package with 3 other shows that we've either seen already or don't want to see...

So instead, she gets me to buy her tickets through an online scalper. The seats are excellent.... but ran about $250 EACH. Needless to say, she ain't getting another Christmas OR Birthday present.

Funny note... my mother, who did buy the group of tickets, is seeing Wicked the EXACT SAME NIGHT. We have better seats.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:35 PM   #3
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

Weird...Benny's synopsis sounds nothing like the book Wicked, which is an excellent read.

But then again, they always change stuff when they change media. So I'm sure it just makes it better.

And babe...I don't need any presents. I got you. :-*
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
whorlichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:51 PM   #4
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

aw what a swee candy-coated lie

blahblah18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:08 AM   #5
xiron
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xiron

The book is really good. I think I'm going to see the musical sometime in the spring. I'm looking forward to it.
xiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:27 AM   #6
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

We actually sang "For Good" in our Fall Concert...Which turned out quite well. Last year was a travel year for my choir so they went to Chicago and saw Wicked. Unfortunately, I wasn't there that year what a shame. Based off of that song and your synopsis this musical sounds like a very good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
vashthestampede0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:38 AM   #7
nickadeemus
The spice must flow.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nickadeemus Send a message via MSN to nickadeemus Send a message via Skype™ to nickadeemus

I didn't see it, but when I went to NJ to visit family, my aunt and neighbor wouldn't stop talking about it. She (my aunt) goes to broadway shows almost twice a month and said that this was hands down her favorite of all time. I would have liked to go, but I had a pretty busy schedule when I was there and never got a chance. Plus it's damn expensive.
nickadeemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:02 AM   #8
Benny1
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Benny1

the synopsis is kind of innacurate because I was tired, but my middle schools choir also sang for good at our graduation rofl.