Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
sp1nzoK
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to sp1nzoK
Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

About making graphics, any accepted files that don't have a set of graphics just PM me with band - songname, I'll probably have enough taste to whip out fitting graphics without directions.

Also I might step something else if I learn DDReam a bit or find nice constant bpm song (I think I have one).
sp1nzoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-9-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.

Love is Green (Bluearrow) - rejected - Poor song choice, very bad PR, inexcusable omitted notes, and riddled with sync errors.

Under a Glass Moon (GLoVE) - Accepted - This just needs to get the OK from Sulfer as it's hardly from an obscure pack. Still, imo, it's quality warrants its acceptance despite that.

Misanthropic Coil (ICYW) - not fully judged yet - I'm in a hurry to be somewhere so I'll have to postpone further details 'til later tonight when I'm back. All that stuck out to me when I played it was some superfluous hands. I still need to check a few more things.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:03 PM   #3
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.T.M. View Post
Misanthropic Coil (ICYW) - not fully judged yet - I'm in a hurry to be somewhere so I'll have to postpone further details 'til later tonight when I'm back. All that stuck out to me when I played it was some superfluous hands. I still need to check a few more things.
accepted with some tweaks.

So... We've got some superfluous hands, and lots of fairly minor PR errors. An example would be like measure 13: both patterns initiated at m13b2 and m13b4 should be the same. However, when this minifreeze section repeats, the pitch isn't always repeated identically. Like maybe instead of 12321232 it may be like 1232xxxx. Both of those are relatively negligible though. The only error I'd present as a stipulation for acceptance is measure 118: the majority of those notes (namely 8ths) are completely inaudible. Rectify that with a more "coherent" pattern and I'd accept it. And I'll leave Sulfer to decide if it's the kinda style he wants in the pack (cuz it's debatably overstepped a bit and repetitive).
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
Old 08-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Two Weeks - rejected - The offset is way off, those ARE NOT 12th drum bursts in the intro, the main solo has too many inconsistencies, and I didn't bother to look any further cuz that's enough for me to reject this.

Pull Me Under quick review like I promised:

Whole file seems riddled with sync errors (DT is tough to sync, I know). You also need to pay more attention to detail. Some sections are too sparse and bastardized sections like that are prevalent throughout the file. And example of this would be m132b2: that drum pattern lacks a lot of detail and seems a bit outta sync even with what few steps were placed.

A few other misc. examples of things:

*185.75 - jump's not needed
*m93 - skittle notes are off
*m94 - improve drum/guitar differentiation
*m130 - skittle notes are off
*m202b4 - those are 24ths not 16ths

Christopher Hitchens
Old 08-17-2009, 02:10 AM   #5
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Misanthropic Coil (ICYW) - Accepted - Accepted by me, however there still are a few things here: 136.74 and 141.79 should both have jumps placed for consistency. Measure 118 is unchanged and even if those 8ths are present (at some speed), it still doesn't warrant their placement.

There are also still a lot of (fairly negligible) tiny PR errors and seemingly superfluous hands. None of these are stipulations for acceptance.

Places like measure 25: sorry, but those minifreezes are outta sync (not all of them, just at the beginning and maybe some other places). You're sol there cuz you can't do **** about it. This then incorporates a theory I like to call "sm theory of subjectiveness". Since instruments like the guitar can't (when layered) have an exact point identified where it was initiated, some infinitesimal disparity could be permitted.

Bad news: the gap in your file exceeds that so you're still sol. I won't reject the file for that, but Sulfer might (doubt it though).

Sacrifice for the Slaughtergod (Authority) - Rejected - Not TOO bad, but definitely lacks fundamental SM construction: There is no PR, lots of places should have been layered more (hands + background drums), patterns are all arbitrary and devoid of even rudimentary consistency.

If you want me to state examples of this I'd be happy to do so.

Charlo's files - pending rejections...:

There are quite a few here. I'll try to review them all at once when I have the time (maybe tomorrow).

*edit* Some of your files have potential, but I'm probably gonna reject all of those submissions due to significant quality drawbacks: PR is non-existent, learn to use hands, pick better music that doesn't demand excessive vocal attention to combat their repetitive nature (cutting mp3s can also be effective for this).

I'll ascertain this tomorrow.

Again (anybody), any questions, just ask.

Some of my revised files (mostly for Sulfer):

Prepare for War (N.T.M.) - already accepted - Middle 144 BPM section was completely resynced.

Every Time I Die (N.T.M.) - already accepted - I resynced EVERY measure. Some minor PR errors were rectified in conjunction with minor additional layering. Read me file inside was also extended.

Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by N.T.M.; 08-17-2009 at 02:35 AM.. Reason: Charlo
Old 06-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #6
Virus881
FFR Player

But most of metal files that deserve that length are full of surprises.

Also long songs like Metropolis pt.1, Master of Puppets, This Dying Soul and The Glass Prison (Shirogitsune's and Dukamok's versions) are not boring at all.

@NTM: I went crazy trying to syncing it perfectly, you'll not be the only one. xD

Last edited by Virus881; 06-15-2009 at 11:52 PM..
Virus881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #7
Virus881
FFR Player

Allright, I've submitted a 4 minute cut of The Leper Affinity. I think it's my best about syncing matters.

Last edited by Virus881; 06-16-2009 at 11:25 PM..
Old 06-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #8
Charlo
FFR Player

Just submitted six of my files, hopefully it's okay that I uploaded them as attachments.

I make metal files for keyboard players! Check them out at:
Charlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #9
Virus881
FFR Player

Some inspiration:

I want to step some of Iron Maiden and/or Judas Priest =)

Last edited by Virus881; 06-21-2009 at 02:45 PM..
Old 06-22-2009, 08:45 AM   #10
Virus881
FFR Player

Hey men, are Rush simfiles accepted? I have a never-released version of 2112.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #11
Charlo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus881 View Post
Hey men, are Rush simfiles accepted? I have a never-released version of 2112.
Sulfer's first post says "Submit metal/rock stuff. Anything, I don't care," so I'm guessing Rush would be fine.

I make metal files for keyboard players! Check them out at:
Charlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #12
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

I haven't judged anything because I haven't really opened StepMania the past week. N.T.M. seems to have totally disappeared. I'm thinking of forgetting about judging all together and just doing what I did with the first pack, while keeping submissions open, of course. This project is getting really boring.

I'll at least judge the files I downloaded last time I checked the email... when I'm in the mood.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #13
sp1nzoK
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to sp1nzoK

Suggestion for atleast one released song to include:

Scar Symmetry - Prism & Gate (Mr. Bob)
sp1nzoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:35 AM   #14
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post
I haven't judged anything because I haven't really opened StepMania the past week. N.T.M. seems to have totally disappeared. I'm thinking of forgetting about judging all together and just doing what I did with the first pack, while keeping submissions open, of course. This project is getting really boring.

I'll at least judge the files I downloaded last time I checked the email... when I'm in the mood.
No dude!!! My computer got fried!! I'm only able to type this cuz it's on my friend's computer. I'll be getting my new one soon. There was just no way to let you guys know . Sorry, man.

A few days 'til I get my new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post

Prepare for War - Accepted - Every version I play of this file seems better than the last. Every version also makes mine look even more ****ty. So, yeah, I guess it's good enough. The cut is garbage though.

lol I love the cut though. It eliminates most of the monotony associated with DF songs without (for the most part) sacrificing any climatic elements.

There's a read me file inside too. The song caused a ****load of problems.

And sorry about submitting those files. I tend to forget stuff. Since like... a long time I've only been stepping + playing new packs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld View Post
Dear N.T.M. (I.E. new GLoVE) i love you.
Aw, I love you too.

Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by N.T.M.; 06-30-2009 at 12:44 AM..
Old 06-27-2009, 08:05 AM   #15
moches
FFR Player

sent in another file.
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:44 AM   #16
Virus881
FFR Player

And what did you do the last pack??
Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 AM   #17
Joe D
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus881 View Post
And what did you do the last pack??
He picked up some files on the database (mostly ones on bemanistyle) and put them alltogether into a pack.Also changed any poor grafix and/or cd titles
Joe D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-3-2009, 11:40 PM   #18
moches
FFR Player

sent in one more file. might send one file to end them all. (hint: Born of the Ground)

also Vanity got into DCP2 whoopee..owait. you can pull it if you want. it's not exactly metal anyway.
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2009, 12:01 AM   #19
Virus881
FFR Player

Old 07-9-2009, 06:20 PM   #20
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

Um, hi. Yeah, I am actually working on reviewing the files. I've just been busy and/or lazy. You can still send stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.T.M. View Post
No dude!!! My computer got fried!! I'm only able to type this cuz it's on my friend's computer. I'll be getting my new one soon. There was just no way to let you guys know . Sorry, man.

A few days 'til I get my new one.
That's another thing. I am sick of you're excuses, whether they be good ones or not.

Also, your post totally sounds like something Ben Speirs would say.

I'm not calling this pack dead, because it isn't. I could just release it with the stuff I already have if I wanted to.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote