Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-8-2013, 08:29 PM   #61
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Hearthstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
OP cards (??): Defender of Argus, Dark Iron Dwarf, Sun Cleric??
Nearly everyone runs those cards along with a few others that are super good (novice engineer, argent commander, azure drake, harvest golem, etc.). The bad thing is that is takes up more than half your deck so you can't do anything super interesting with them. But if you really want to win then those make a really strong starting point :P
Old 12-9-2013, 10:37 AM   #62
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Yeah, going through cards I've found a number of sexy ones I don't have yet like the ones you mentioned.

Too bad crafting is so inefficient. Jesus, is there any other way to get dust?

I'm guessing at this point I have to slowly grind out packs using dailies, since I'm probably not dropping $ on packs any time soon.
Old 12-9-2013, 09:21 PM   #63
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

One suggestion (not sure if this is actually good or not, but it's what I do), never waste gold on packs. Always use it for Arena. Not only is it more fun but you're always guaranteed a pack and some gold + dust, and if you win enough you get even more packs and gold + dust.

Dust seems pretty shit though. I have like 57 cards I can turn into dust and it only gives me 375, which can't even make an epic card (costs 400). So yeah, fuck dust.
Old 12-9-2013, 09:27 PM   #64
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

dropped another $50 into packs yesterday and got 6 legendaries and 6 epics..

very satisfied
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #65
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

The RNG in this game o_o

I just lost 8 games in a row.

The last two games I faced warlocks and after about 5 turns my deck was reduced to two mind controls, two unplayable shadow world death and two unplayable divine spirits, after having a nice opening with two novice engineers and a SSC. Those cards all drew in a row in that order.

The exact same thing happened two games in a row o_o

What the fuck. I just conceded right there since I was already down to like 16 health and my onlooking girlfriend calls me a rage quitter.

Also, WHY did they nerf mind control what the fuck priest is already shitty? K playing mage now.

Anyone have ideas for good beginner mage decks?? XD

Last edited by Reach; 12-10-2013 at 02:06 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #66
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

try these for mage decks.

freeze control mage decks are the current hot thing at the moment since you control the board with spells and you don't fear removal of opponents as much

not to mention, you can stall turns by using cheap 1-3 mana spells that do aoe freeze

http://2p.com/3199655_1/The-Decks-of...by-StellaX.htm
Old 12-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #67
omega_grunt666
Nescio quid faciam
FFR Veteran

two mind control and shadow word death is as little overkill don't you think? Not many decks run a ton of big targets for those, so I would probably drop one SWD. And Divine Spirit/Inner Fire are meh. They can create a gigantic threat for your opponent, if they don't have any hard removal (every class has at least 3 options) but at the same time are completely useless if you are behind and need to draw into something to turn the tables.

The game is extremely luck driven though, doesn't matter if you have the statistically proven best deck in existence and make zero mistakes. You can draw out the wrong cards and have no answers for your opponents plays. Blame the forced deck entropy through limited playsets and small starting hand size/lack of draw+search options.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #68
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

yeah but early game warlock board control tho

and then you run into cone of cold/frost nova every turn
Old 12-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #69
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega_grunt666 View Post
two mind control and shadow word death is as little overkill don't you think? Not many decks run a ton of big targets for those, so I would probably drop one SWD. And Divine Spirit/Inner Fire are meh. They can create a gigantic threat for your opponent, if they don't have any hard removal (every class has at least 3 options) but at the same time are completely useless if you are behind and need to draw into something to turn the tables.

The game is extremely luck driven though, doesn't matter if you have the statistically proven best deck in existence and make zero mistakes. You can draw out the wrong cards and have no answers for your opponents plays. Blame the forced deck entropy through limited playsets and small starting hand size/lack of draw+search options.
It's overkill but I'm missing cards I need right now to make better decks so I figured, why not. It's a guaranteed end game win. Having 4 cards like that actually annihilates most end games that aren't spell damage or warlock esp. with divine spirit because I'm basically invincible. I had been winning most games prior to this losing streak.

At least, it was a lot easier when they were 8 mana. 10 mana gives me 0 incentive to try and play this way and I've been losing most games since the nerf. Lol. Coincidence? Unlikely, though I had been drawing extremely bad on top of it.

I modified the deck since then but I feel like, without MC and the like, why even bother playing Priest? Mage is just better in every way. Or most classes for that matter save for maybe warrior. Priest is probably the worst class in the game now.

Warlock seems like it could be really strong though if I had the right cards ( I guess it's called control warlock?). They seem to have the ability to draw a massive amount of cards and if you can't clear early you can never keep cards on the board. I suppose the downside to playing this way is you'll probably end up low a lot, but I would imagine having a lord jax in your deck would round this off nicely.

Last edited by Reach; 12-11-2013 at 08:23 AM..
Old 12-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #70
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

yes, the two main decks at the moment seem to be control locks and freeze mages

both work really well but play very differently

warlock power is REALLY strong since many people have the mindset that HP is important (it still is) but it's not AS important as most people think it is

flooding the board early against non-mages can be really devastating to handle, especially with cards like blood imps giving +1 hp to everyone while being non-targetable (prevents card deaths to consecration by pally, swipe by druid) - not to mention he has insanely cheap and good minions (3/2 for 1 mana, etc)

the only problem is that, warlock decks get countered in a way by the OTHER meta (mages), which is why everyone's seeing mages everywhere.. flamestrike/cone of cold/frost nova are just too freakin' good, not to mention fireball/pyroblast are insanely good / cheap

ex) a freeze mage can have ice block & shield while below <10hp and stall for insane amount of turns (frost nova, etc)
Old 12-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #71
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

also i've seen a good hunter deck that relies on traps and direct damage do REALLY well against freeze mage decks (this relies on playing an eaglehorn bow, then playing secrets to fend off mage spells / minions below 4 mana)

the hunter also starts dropping 3-4 mana cards starting turn 3 or 4 (only one at a time) to soak up some of your spells while he deals direct damage with eaglehorn bow

ie)

turn 1 mage: mana wrym (1)
turn 1 hunter: coin -> secret or 2 drop
turn 2 mage: spell apprentice (2)
turn 2 hunter: secret or coin + eaglehorn bow -> attack
turn 3 mage: novi eng (1) + 2 mana spell or 1 harvest golem
turn 3 hunter: direct attack + 1 mana drop OR secret + eaglehorn -> attack

etc etc

the hunter drops 1 minion at a time so that the mage's pyroblast, cone of cold, and frost nova have literally 0 value
then once the 6 drops come out, the mage has NO lategame minions, so he's forced to use fireball (6 dmg) on 6hp taunt minions while the hunter finishes the mage off with eaglehorn bow + 2 dmg hero power and a few more traps

Last edited by L.B.D.D; 12-11-2013 at 08:44 AM..
Old 12-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #72
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

when i'm done with my finals on 12/21, i'm going full hearthstone mode until mid january when i take my actuarial exam (fm)

i'm pretty stoked to become good at the game, going to try and keep up with the expansions when they start rolling out..

there are only <400 cards in the game at the moment (compared to MTG's 13500~)

i really hope they also add more features & flexibility to the game (environments, bigger mana pools and more possibilities for combo'd play etc etc etc etc)
Old 12-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #73
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

so what do u guys think of the currently shifting meta

slow-play druids/paladins along with agro warlocks are on the rise.. mages/priests/hunters are out of the game now
Old 12-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #74
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

I have no idea how to keep up with the meta of this game x.x I've just been playing for fun really.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #75
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Damn, my mage deck was pretty much finished too. I just needed another pyro.

Though I can't really disagree with nerfs. I was already winning most of the games I was playing with this finished deck against people my level other than guys top decking gold every turn. Even when I was miles behind I had huge chances.

IMO they fucked up bad though not nerfing ice block. Ice block seems like a huge problem.

Even without a second pyro I was able to cock block so many people with ice blocks and blizzard and win the game solely because they couldn't kill me because of ice block.

In my not so professional opinion, a nerf to blizzard and ice block would have been better than a triple nerf to freeze, which kind of...destroys freeze play entirely. I only really kept a single copy of those cards in my deck because other than blizzard they didn't seem that great anyway. Now there's really no point in using them.

Working on warlock decks now Love the aggressive style. Though I disenchanted the nerfed flame imp to get another defender of argus lol. Worth? Probably the most broken neutral in the game IMO. Effectively 5/5 w/ two taunts and lots of strategic counterplay. Better than SSC was before nerfs IMO. If you have early control this card just wins the game unless they have cheap removal.

At least hitler got his wish (last patch lmao): http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=Bbnd6mOdHA0

Last edited by Reach; 12-18-2013 at 05:08 PM..
Old 12-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #76
omega_grunt666
Nescio quid faciam
FFR Veteran

I need to play more, I have no idea about the current meta but I definitely think a lot of people are overreacting to some of these nerfs and are forgetting what made these things good in the first place.

I just wish the game was out already so they can start adding more cards/ that adventure thing they showed at Blizzcon. Also if anyone added me you might have to again, went to go check dailies and my list was spammed with bots. Jerot#1523

Interesting to see warlock make a comeback, didn't it get some early game nerfs? (People didn't like it pre-nerf...I don't even anymore) And slow-play paladin? I'm assuming its called that because of the rush meta, or is this any different from spam 4?
Old 12-19-2013, 06:23 AM   #77
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

reach/jerot you guys are both right

the meta was already leaning towards decks to counter freeze mages (namely, slow playing pally and druids that drop heals and big fat taunts 1 at a time in lategame), and warlocks were starting to pop up everwhere to counter-counter the slow-playing pally/druids

current meta you see warlocks 90% of the time in anything below rank<5 but i believe in places near rank 10~25 you'll still see a nice mix of classes (except mages) now.

jerot you should start playing constructed again, the rising in ranks feel really good
Old 12-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #78
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

Just bought a HS key for 50mil D3 gold aka like $2 lol

Finally fuck I've wanted to play this so badly.

Rime#1122
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
darklordsarumon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #79
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

yeee boi
Old 12-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #80