Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-4-2010, 11:38 PM   #321
Queen_Darcy
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Is it wrong to be gay?

Slightly off topic, gay people still recycle for this planet, how great is that!
Queen_Darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2010, 01:18 AM   #322
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYZZ View Post
Embracing homosexuality lowers birth rate and it ever caught on big time, it could lead to the decline of human population. It doesn't follow natural design either, everyone's base instinct is to live and reproduce. Homosexuality declines our born instincts for personal pleasure. Even if a straight person did not have any kids for his whole life, he would only do so by denying his sexual side. For a homosexual there is no denial, so he feels fulfilled from something that is to create new life but denies its true form and purpose.
Dude I couldn't agree more.

I don't hate gay people, I just think that they can get extremely annoying.

They always hang around their boyfriends and make out, which is obliteratively disgusting.

They talk like chicks.

They dress in weird ass **** just so everyone knows they're gay.

I'm sure not every gay person is like this, but there's about 4 or 5 people in my school that are gay, and they all act like this, and it gets very annoying.

That doesn't mean everyone else is the same way, you could be a completely normal looking person, and be gay.

Either way, this is my unbiased opinion.

My dad has always told me being gay is wrong because it doesn't fulfill our role as humans, to reproduce, it doesn't matter if two guys love each other, there is no physical way for them to reproduce or anything. Making the point of being gay pointless and dumb, and disgusting. I'm not telling you to go die or anything, this is my opinion, MY unbiased opinion. I'm sure a lot of people are thinking this, others think gay people are just regular people in this world, but I am an average born American raised on these thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2010, 01:56 AM   #323
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by virus003 View Post

They always hang around their boyfriends and make out, which is obliteratively disgusting.

They talk like chicks.

I'm sure not every gay person is like this, but there's about 4 or 5 people in my school that are gay, and they all act like this, and it gets very annoying.

That doesn't mean everyone else is the same way, you could be a completely normal looking person, and be gay.

Unbiased opinion? That is the most narrow minded generalization I have ever seen.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2010, 02:43 AM   #324
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

Quote:

They talk like chicks.

My dad has always told me being gay is wrong because it doesn't fulfill our role as humans, to reproduce, it doesn't matter if two guys love each other, there is no physical way for them to reproduce or anything. Making the point of being gay pointless and dumb, and disgusting. I'm not telling you to go die or anything, this is my opinion, MY unbiased opinion. I'm sure a lot of people are thinking this, others think gay people are just regular people in this world, but I am an average born American raised on these thoughts.
yeah man i also can't stand when two heterosexual people don't want to or are unable to have children together.
my unbiased opinion is that the point of these "people" existing is pointless and dumb, and obliteratively disgusting. i don't hate them or anything though

i'm not like that

Last edited by gnr61; 11-5-2010 at 02:46 AM..
gnr61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2010, 03:02 AM   #325
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

4 or 5 kids out of 2,000+ oh no

don't you feel like a minority
Old 11-5-2010, 05:44 AM   #326
Iam90
FFR Player

Quote:

They talk like chicks.

LOLin' @ all these people with retarded bigoted opinions mounting the "this is just MY OPINION and what I was raised 2 believe" defense

here's a hint guys free speech is great but it isn't a magic bullet that saves u every time it's convenient for you.
Iam90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2010, 08:05 AM   #327
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I seriously can't tell who's trolling in here and who isn't -- especially because it's *actually not uncommon for people to hold these views* ackk.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2010, 08:22 AM   #328
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

As long as the trolling parts are reasonably articulate and keep a civil tone, they actually contribute to the discussion by giving everyone more...objectionable views to which to respond.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2010, 08:42 AM   #329
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I am probably going to kick myself for taking the trollbait (although odds are it's probably a case of http://tinyurl.com/aox4sg or something), but I'll assume people in here are serious and clear up some misconceptions for those that may be on the fence or misinformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiedCross View Post
I think being gay is lust-based. I love a bunch of guys, but in a brotherly way. I don't mean to put down anyone who is gay though. I have gay friends. They're really funny and cool and I hang out with them. We just both know what are own opinions are, and that's all it is.
If you're trolling, then whatever. Everyone is equally "lust-based" and you make it sound like it's something gay-specific and yet worthy of a reverse justification. Also the "gay friends" argument has been done to death. It's not a get-out-of-jail-free card. You're certainly free to hold any opinion you want, but the problem is that people use opinions based on faulty to justify actions that, at the core, cause a lot of problems for gays.

There are times when discrimination is an essential component when the justifications are linked (for instance, you have to be a certain height to be able to join the military and you cannot be mentally retarded or obese -- but these rules are in place because allowing such people into the military would cause legitimate concerns about personal safety as well as the safety of their peers). Back to my point, you'd have a hard time making such a justification for legitimately discriminating against gays. Of course, people will still do it anyway, and that's the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiedCross View Post
I said it was lust based because in a heterosexual relationship there is the possibility of having a child. So, when you have sex, you can either have sex for the purpose of lust (which, yes, I know, everyone does), or to have a child. Or just to express your love it someone, which is why they also call it "making love" (duh). I, myself, am a virgin, and I'm going to wait to have sex until I'm with the person I want to spend the rest of my life with and have children with.
"Actually everything is your opinion and anyone can say what they want" this would be fine if your opinions weren't founded, again, on faulty premises.

Do you understand how evolution works? Why do you think we feel lust in the first place? We lust after pretty humans because prettiness is often a signal of genetic quality, and we've evolved the need to perpetuate our genes by seeking quality genes to reproduce with. Sex is pleasurable because it's a necessary condition -- the more pleasurable something is, the more we are inclined to do it. Species that don't find it pleasurable enough to do often enough die out because they're selected against -- but those that do live on. Why do you think it hurts so much when we get kicked in the nads? It's because we've evolved the need to protect them at all costs in order to help ensure genetic quality.

Genetic variation is the other necessary condition for natural selection to work. From generation to generation, we have an imperfect DNA binding process that throws in mutations. This means that you'll have differences here and there. Homosexuality is one such example -- some people are born homosexual and most are born heterosexual (as we would expect). Some may be predisposed to changing views after the fact. Either way, it's a constant reinforcement between human and environment.

You can still evolve the desire to have sex and yet not want to do it with the opposite sex. It's not so much "Oh man she's so hot... I seriously and actively want to reproduce with her" as it is "I want to bang her because she's hot," because our desire to bang some bitches up ins helps propagate the species. That desire is still built-in either way, but genetic variation/mutation explains why it doesn't always have to come with the desire to have sex WITH people you can actually reproduce with. It just means that it's generally been the case (because otherwise we wouldn't be here).

If you want to argue that gay people are gay because it's "lust-based," then you must argue the same thing for straight people. It doesn't matter who you are -- you're predisposed to feeling lust because it's been a necessary condition in our evolutionary process. So with that fallacy nuked out, the question then becomes "Are you still going to discriminate against someone because they have a lust for something they can't reproduce with?" That is an appeal to naturalistic fallacy and still doesn't give you any reason to actively discriminate.

Again, it's fine to have your own opinion, but it's always good to become better-informed so that your opinion is less-likely to be formed under incorrect assumptions/misconceptions.

Last edited by MrRubix; 11-5-2010 at 08:51 AM..
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2010, 11:13 AM   #330
brothaice
FFR Simfile Author

I remember when this thread started and I am shocked that it has reached this length. A question such as the one in the OP should have been resolved on the first page.

When asked a question such as "is it right or wrong to be gay?" is misleading in itself. This is because if you take a completely objective view towards the subject (by taking religion and other pertaining personal beliefs out of the picture) the question becomes null and void. The reason is according to the best of human knowledge people who are truly and honestly gay do not choose so. They call it multiple things in the world of psychology from gender confusion to a genetic anomaly. So there is no answer to whether or not it is "right or wrong to be gay" because if people don't choose it it cannot be right or wrong. That's like asking in this day and age if its right or wrong to be mexican.

If you still believe gays are just "making it up" or something don't risk carpel tunnel typing it here.

I don't understand how intolerance still exists in the 21st century, although I do understand that it will always exist.

The interesting thing about gays though is that unlike most other stereotypes, intolerance, and stubbornness against accepting another group is that gays do not have a history of making any major personal attacks on any other group.

Anyway whatever im tired of typing this i've been cramming for this test for hours now and im exausted, I didn't get my entire thought out but eh....

Just don't be a hater.

btw tl;dr any other post.

Last edited by brothaice; 11-5-2010 at 11:18 AM..
brothaice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2010, 04:58 PM   #331
Chrissi
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Chrissi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothaice View Post
When asked a question such as "is it right or wrong to be gay?" is misleading in itself. This is because if you take a completely objective view towards the subject (by taking religion and other pertaining personal beliefs out of the picture) the question becomes null and void. The reason is according to the best of human knowledge people who are truly and honestly gay do not choose so. They call it multiple things in the world of psychology from gender confusion to a genetic anomaly. So there is no answer to whether or not it is "right or wrong to be gay" because if people don't choose it it cannot be right or wrong. That's like asking in this day and age if its right or wrong to be mexican
Not really. It not being a choice doesn't mean it's right. I am POSITIVE that pedophiles do not CHOOSE to be pedophiles. It's just something they are. Does that make it okay and right?

MrRubix brought up the Naturalistic Fallacy. It also applies to this post. Just because being gay is "natural", as in, you can't control it, doesn't mean it's okay. Otherwise you would have to accept a lot of other natural compulsions like pedophilia as being okay. Hopefully you won't admit to that - which completely voids your point. This is not a good argument for homosexuality. "They can't help it" or "they don't choose it" is not a defense and is irrelevant.

A much better defense for homosexuality is the fact that it harms no-one and the idea of it being wrong or a sin is based solely on religious dogma. The fear or hatred of homosexuality is rooted in disgust of sex in general and/or hatred/fear of difference. People who find homosexuality disgusting and therefore wrong, often have a strange fixation on the sex act itself and think that because they find the sex act itself disgusting, homosexuality must be wrong.

tl;dr: Homosexuality not being a "choice" does not excuse it. The fact that nothing is wrong with it excuses it.

Last edited by Chrissi; 11-5-2010 at 05:05 PM..
Chrissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2010, 12:41 AM   #332
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Would two heterosexuals who simply don't want kids, or aren't able to have kids just as guilty then? I agree a lot of gays are annoying but you can't just generalize just like how you can't just avoid black people for the rest of your life in fear they'll mug you, it's the same reasoning. Why is being gay "pointless, dumb, and disgusting"? You're telling us this without telling us why. In my opinion you find gay interaction repulsive, which is acceptable and understandable, but how come just because you are repulsed by such things they're wrong? Just because other's share your thoughts doesn't give them any more grounds for being "correct" such as most Germans wanting the extermination of all Jews. I think you just hold these opinions because you're uncomfortable with the idea of two guys doing things together. You don't have to be comfortable with it, I'm gay for the most part and I haven't shown any public affection, nor have I done anything on that list of things you hate about stereotypical gays which personally annoy me too. Perhaps you need to approach the subject with a more rational and open-minded view. Why is being gay wrong? Why does not having the ability to reproduce make any relationship "pointless"? What about just being in a relationship because you love somebody and want companionship? Living life just to pump out a few kids and die sounds kinda pointless to me.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2010, 02:34 AM   #333
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:

First off, you're an idiot.
Second, women can be homosexual too, so saying "hang around their boyfriends" is an incorrect statement.
Third, I've seen gay PDA (that wasn't on TV) only once in my life and it was between 2 girls, but I assume that's okay for a perfect little straight guy like you. (hypocrite)

Quote:
They talk like chicks.

There are tons of gay men who don't talk like girls, nor do they wear flashy clothes. That's just like saying all Germans wear lederhosen and eat bratwurst all day, you can't just generalize a culture like that.

Did you go around and take a poll of your whole school, or do you just notice the small percentage who happen to be acting flamboyantly? There are plenty of people who don't "come out of the closet" because there's ridicule and exile waiting on the other side.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
....Which brings up the population growth point again. The human race is growing too rapidly, gays are like the vaccine to an epidemic (metaphorically, of course.) in that instead of two men going off and having 3 kids each get together and have 0 kids. That's 6 less people that need to be fed (amongst other things). This would in the long run extend the lifespan of the race considerably seeing that those 6 kids could go on to have 3 more kids each, now we're up to 18, 54, 162... Now crunch those numbers with all the rest of the gays. 10 people being gay will slow the population growth considerably over a period of time.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2010, 05:13 AM   #334
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

whoooaaaa people actually still care if someone else is gay how have we not moved past this yet

besides gay people don't procreate and therefore they don't waste more resources helping to slow the inevitable climb towards a Malthusian catastrophe how is this not an UNMITIGATED GOOD THING

being gay is the moral high ground
Old 11-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #335
brothaice
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissi View Post
Not really. It not being a choice doesn't mean it's right. I am POSITIVE that pedophiles do not CHOOSE to be pedophiles. It's just something they are. Does that make it okay and right?

MrRubix brought up the Naturalistic Fallacy. It also applies to this post. Just because being gay is "natural", as in, you can't control it, doesn't mean it's okay. Otherwise you would have to accept a lot of other natural compulsions like pedophilia as being okay. Hopefully you won't admit to that - which completely voids your point. This is not a good argument for homosexuality. "They can't help it" or "they don't choose it" is not a defense and is irrelevant.

A much better defense for homosexuality is the fact that it harms no-one and the idea of it being wrong or a sin is based solely on religious dogma. The fear or hatred of homosexuality is rooted in disgust of sex in general and/or hatred/fear of difference. People who find homosexuality disgusting and therefore wrong, often have a strange fixation on the sex act itself and think that because they find the sex act itself disgusting, homosexuality must be wrong.

tl;dr: Homosexuality not being a "choice" does not excuse it. The fact that nothing is wrong with it excuses it.
You cant compare the Pedophilia and being Gay. Pedophilia is illegal because of the age difference. There is no one here debating whether molesting a small child is right or wrong.
brothaice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #336
dore
caveman pornstar
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dore

Why can't you compare the two? One is a sexual attraction to a certain group of people, and the other is sexual attraction to a certain group of people. Both of them can be perceived either positively or negatively depending on the culture. Just because we have very straightforward pedophilia laws in most developed nations doesn't mean that it's innately wrong, it means that our society looks down upon the activity and our governments have codified it.
dore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #337
Squirm
FFR Player

Honestly being gay is just wrong. Why would you put yourself in that situation anyways if you know it's not the way life is supposed to be? Gays just make societies look bad and even worse when they are in public. Now I'm not one to really care, but when I see gays together in public it just makes me sick! Now I understand you guys say "Oh, but our 'feelings'." That just shows that you guys were hurt by some dumb little girl earlier on in your lives and you feel like you can't find anyone else, and of course backwards for the girls. You just need to grow up and learn to move on because of course there is always going to be someone of the opposite sex that would more than love to be with you.

I absolutely hate when I hear a gay couple saying they want to adopt. It's absolutely ridiculous!! Can you just imagine what that child is going to go through? It must be a very horrible outcome for that child!

I don't know why anyone would even think to defend gays.

I always come on here just to play, but seeing this thread made me very angry and I just had to make an account to say what I was thinking. Like I said before I honestly don't know how you people can even defend them, even just comparing them to straight people makes me sick.

Last edited by Squirm; 11-10-2010 at 07:51 PM..
Squirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #338
fido123
FFR Player

Why is it wrong?
Why is being with the opposite sex the way "life is suppose to be?"
What do gays do that negatively impacts the world/you?

I'm not talking stereotypes, just same-sex-attraction in it's barest form. It seems you find gay acts repulsive, and that's fine, but why are they "wrong"? You're simply saying it is and it's disgusting and not backing your **** up with facts or statistics only assumptions.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #339
Squirm
FFR Player

Why do you think it's so right to be gay? Were you hurt so bad by the opposite sex that you're getting so offended by what I said, or are you mad that I'm not going along with what you people have to say? Either way, you’re getting mad that we that don’t accept you people.

Who needs statistical information to know it's wrong and not the way we were born to be? Is it right for two penises to be clashing together? Is it right for two vagina’s to be only rubbing against each other? No, it’s not right! I have no idea what it took to convince yourself that it’s actually right to be that way, but you’re wrong. Yeah you may say that the person makes you happy or complete, but you people obviously had something happen that made you that way and you just aren’t admitting it. I know at points in your life you think to yourself ‘what if?’, and that question alone shows that your instincts are telling you it’s wrong, but you try so hard to push that away by making yourself believe it’s right.

It’s always a bother just seeing that stuff in public and hearing it about on television, internet, radio, and again in public places. It makes me worry that when I do have children, they are going to be around that stuff and have to worry while also making their parents worry about it. I don’t want my child to have to put up with that. It does and will keep affecting me no matter how you put it.
Squirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #340
MayneWithoutModem
FFR Player

hey squirm i was wondering what it was like on the day that you had something happen to you which caused you to want to become straight.

-blazze

Last edited by MayneWithoutModem; 11-10-2010 at 10:02 PM..
MayneWithoutModem is offline   Reply With Quote