Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-1-2024, 09:11 PM   #561
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG Turbo 35: A Small Gathering [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetic View Post
Zenith, if you were wolf in this situation, who would you choose to kill N1? I'm just interested in hearing your answer and reasoning
I hadn't given it much thought, but it would have been anyone else other than roundbox. I think it would have been manageable for anyone to have gone through this phase as a wolf with an outed (and powerless) blue, and probably would have led to more beneficial outcomes as the wolf.

Roundbox was the glaringly obvious kill and I think we are all lying to ourselves if we would have expected a kill outside of him here.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 09:11 PM   #562
Haze with a Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
can you quote where I called leetic town?
Nvm I’m stupid. I read Lar as leetic. It was the first post on page 25
Haze with a Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 09:12 PM   #563
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
There's this air of a hidden agenda about you, but personally speaking it's part of the double edged sword of starting to commit to someone being a solid town for someone.

I have this scenario in my head where you are in a great position right now, an easy mislynch here sets you up for final battle which I think given the position wolf would be in this hypothetical, they are as close as they would get to having a more secure victory, and this is where the paranoia is stemming from. I partially feel like my own play has contributed to this, as I consider myself somewhat of an easier lynch compared to some at the moment.
I'd say the only person in a truly great position here is MML, and the only one in a truly bad position is you. Raeko, Haze, and I are kinda just floating around where there haven't been any super effective pushes on us but it feels like momentum could turn against us at any moment. I thus think that any of us (besides you) thus has a solid chance of surviving F3. Given that this is a solo wolf game, and thus there are no partners to prop someone up, is how good someone's position is truly alignment indicative?
leetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 09:13 PM   #564
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze with a Z View Post
Nvm I’m stupid. I read Lar as leetic. It was the first post on page 25
mellon_collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 09:15 PM   #565
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
I hadn't given it much thought, but it would have been anyone else other than roundbox. I think it would have been manageable for anyone to have gone through this phase as a wolf with an outed (and powerless) blue, and probably would have led to more beneficial outcomes as the wolf.

Roundbox was the glaringly obvious kill and I think we are all lying to ourselves if we would have expected a kill outside of him here.
"Someone other than roundbox" is lame, it sounds like an attempt to trash the kill without trying to understand where the decision came from. At least give me a real answer here.

If it encourages you, I'll answer that same question and say Haze. They were widely townread and it would be harder to predict what their reads were going to be heading into D2.
Old 03-1-2024, 09:17 PM   #566
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
I'd say the only person in a truly great position here is MML, and the only one in a truly bad position is you. Raeko, Haze, and I are kinda just floating around where there haven't been any super effective pushes on us but it feels like momentum could turn against us at any moment. I thus think that any of us (besides you) thus has a solid chance of surviving F3. Given that this is a solo wolf game, and thus there are no partners to prop someone up, is how good someone's position is truly alignment indicative?
With the same reasoning you think I'm in a very bad spot right now is the same exact reasoning I would argue that I might actually survive into F3.

If you are getting to F3 with me, at the current moment you are probably going to be more sold towards me which is a great setup for the wolf to be in.

Do I think it's truly alignment indicative? Never. I think that question actually directly correlates to your overall skill in a mafia setting, where considering the possibility against all odds is something you need to keep in your back pocket for when things seem "too good to be true".

Old 03-1-2024, 09:17 PM   #567
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
And then you say it would be throwing and not happen and don’t really mention that possibility anymore.
When did I say it wouldn't happen? That was one of my last posts of the day besides
Old 03-1-2024, 09:18 PM   #568
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
With the same reasoning you think I'm in a very bad spot right now is the same exact reasoning I would argue that I might actually survive into F3.

If you are getting to F3 with me, at the current moment you are probably going to be more sold towards me which is a great setup for the wolf to be in.

Do I think it's truly alignment indicative? Never. I think that question actually directly correlates to your overall skill in a mafia setting, where considering the possibility against all odds is something you need to keep in your back pocket for when things seem "too good to be true".
You could survive into F3, but your chances of being voted at LyLo do seem a little high at the moment. Also, how would you define "skill" in this instance?
Old 03-1-2024, 09:19 PM   #569
Haze with a Z

Ok my phone died but I finished human geo now so I’m on my iPad
Old 03-1-2024, 09:21 PM   #570
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
"Someone other than roundbox" is lame, it sounds like an attempt to trash the kill without trying to understand where the decision came from. At least give me a real answer here.

If it encourages you, I'll answer that same question and say Haze. They were widely townread and it would be harder to predict what their reads were going to be heading into D2.
I didn't think it needed to be openly said, thought it would be *that* obvious lol. Roundbox was the safest kill you could make as the wolf, there's no questioning it.

Leetic kill would have done some things to the overall game flow
Raeko is an out of bounds kill
MML is one that I only see an experienced wolf making with some crazy idea in mind
Haze I wouldn't have picked as the kill at all. A clear ??? in the water with some stuff, but not a lot would've been something I could have worked with socially as a wolf I think.

Old 03-1-2024, 09:21 PM   #571
Haze with a Z

Quote:
When did I say it wouldn't happen? That was one of my last posts of the day besides
“This will self resolve…(unless he’s vt and throwing)…”

You said something along those lines in the second post I quoted
Old 03-1-2024, 09:22 PM   #572
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
It's not contradictory it's just... very focused on the seer claiming lol
Quote:
We should decide our lynch target a little early, so they can claim seer if necessary. If the Seer isn't going to be lynched, they shouldn't claim. And don't claim seer if you're not seer, it will screw everything up even if it buys you another day.
If you actually look at my ISO, I was focused on making sure the lynch target had an opportunity to claim if necessary. It's not my fault they happened to be Seer (okay maybe it is a little as I did push them quite a bit and I will accept my part of the responsibility there)
Old 03-1-2024, 09:23 PM   #573
Haze with a Z

Sharing an opinion with zenith feels like I’m either wrong with that or their alignment and idk which. Idk I just assumed if the seer claim was real then they’d be dead and if not, we’d vote them tbh.
Old 03-1-2024, 09:24 PM   #574
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
“This will self resolve…(unless he’s vt and throwing)…”

You said something along those lines in the second post I quoted
I do realize that that post may have been incorrect, as even if roundbox was VT it could still be resolved by the Seer checking them (even if I would've checked someone else as a Seer), so I guess that part is a legitimate criticism. I don't see why you're saying I never considered the possibility
Old 03-1-2024, 09:25 PM   #575
Haze with a Z

Quote:
I do realize that that post may have been incorrect, as even if roundbox was VT it could still be resolved by the Seer checking them (even if I would've checked someone else as a Seer), so I guess that part is a legitimate criticism. I don't see why you're saying I never considered the possibility
If it is throwing it implies someone wouldn’t do it as typically game throwing is not allowed
Old 03-1-2024, 09:26 PM   #576
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
You could survive into F3, but your chances of being voted at LyLo do seem a little high at the moment. Also, how would you define "skill" in this instance?
Skill being defined as your ability to take everything that has happened in the game up until this point (F3) and you are still able to confidently make an informed decision without feeling guilty or succumbing to a bias that would not allow you to see all of your options

Old 03-1-2024, 09:27 PM   #577
Haze with a Z

Quote:
Also if you think this was a possibility why do you think other people would be killed? You just gave basic reasoning on why roundbox is the safest kill from your pov and are arguing it isn’t
Old 03-1-2024, 09:28 PM   #578
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm not sure what benefits you're talking about here? The main things a wolf could achieve by leaving roundbox alive would be promoting paranoia on whether they're real, seeing if anyone counterclaims, and possibly eliminating a bigger threat, but your post appears to argue that having a clear is good for the wolf for some reason?
Old 03-1-2024, 09:28 PM   #579
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Also if you think this was a possibility why do you think other people would be killed? You just gave basic reasoning on why roundbox is the safest kill from your pov and are arguing it isn’t
One word: Roleblock
Old 03-1-2024, 09:29 PM   #580
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
If it is throwing it implies someone wouldn’t do it as typically game throwing is not allowed
Throwing simply implies that it would ruin town's chances of winning if it happened