Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum > FFR Songs and Artist Permissions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2013, 02:27 AM   #19
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: Fair Use / Copyright Law & FFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
I think the money they do make might be some workaround or loop-hole of some sort. You see, the osu members can pay for a "donation" that costs $4/month that entitles them to additional features in the game. I don't know if just calling it a "donation" makes it ok though.

Another thing I heard was that the money is used for the upkeep and maintenance of the site (which could possibly be considered non-profit if the cost of maintenance is equal to the amount of "donations"), but from what I've heard, the developer/owner of the game "Peppy" has quit his day job to entirely devote his time to osu so I figure he must be making some money to at least make a living of some sort, idk.
From my understanding, that would be okay IF legal documentation was kept on the administrative end (in terms of where every penny went, by who and whatnot). However, since internet law is still young, there are still many many loopholes that can be gotten around. For example, mega.co.nz is a loophole.

EDIT: However, there is something in the back of my mind that still tells me that just because 'Peppy' has yet to be caught dosen't mean what he is doing is legal. I don't know. I'm gonna reread this doctrine and try to find out what I can on that instance.

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote