Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 09:31 PM   #481
star-crossed
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 201: Game Showdown Throwdown (Excite11) - GAME THREAD

I feel like I am in a bit of a funk because I'm somewhat lacking in the strong town read department. Some of the players I feel a bit more comfortable reading do not happen to be in this game, might be part of it. The people that stood out to me most in a bad way as is probably obvious, are Shadow and Haku, and I have a lot that I am kind of spiraling through with regard to finalizing my actual vote.

The person whose posts I actually feel best about overall would be raeko. (I don't know if she would be able to speak to why she likes Xel and bugkid? If not now, then tomorrow? It would help me.)

I have some things I need to hash out with WV I feel that I think would make me progress in how I am solving, but I am not interested in pushing a vote there at this time, so it will need to wait.

I do have FFA as slight town, because I think that he is more in the, um, mildly annoying whimsy zone, that I associate with his town play. (Sorry.) And that is part of why even though I do not hate Haku's "concerns post," it did not really give me much material to re-evaluate on. I do not agree with the take on Shadowgod at all, and Haku did not give any reasons that are useful to people who do not have the same experiences with Shado and Bugkid.

DaBackpack unfortunately did not slap me in the face with obvious townie energy, which would have made the game a lot easier for me, if he did. I do not know that I feel ready to go guns blazing there alongside FFA though.

Shado comes off to me as having a lot of fun, and it reminds me of the good old days of TWG. I still think the main thing that gave me a good feeling, was the emotional complexity with when raeko forgot the game. DaBackpack apparently has no opinion on that. Lame. I think I was hoping that he would help me more with what to make of Haku.

Xel for me is slightly more likeable than usual, so I would probably off Zenith over him specifically, boring as it is. Also because I did not realize we had no post count min ???
Old 04-29-2022, 09:31 PM   #482
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
fresh out of rabbits
that's too bad.
you good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 04-29-2022, 09:38 PM   #483
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Star: if what we're hashing out isn't brown I'm going to be greatly disappointed
Old 04-29-2022, 09:40 PM   #484
flashflash account
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
I feel like I am in a bit of a funk because I'm somewhat lacking in the strong town read department. Some of the players I feel a bit more comfortable reading do not happen to be in this game, might be part of it. The people that stood out to me most in a bad way as is probably obvious, are Shadow and Haku, and I have a lot that I am kind of spiraling through with regard to finalizing my actual vote.

The person whose posts I actually feel best about overall would be raeko. (I don't know if she would be able to speak to why she likes Xel and bugkid? If not now, then tomorrow? It would help me.)

I have some things I need to hash out with WV I feel that I think would make me progress in how I am solving, but I am not interested in pushing a vote there at this time, so it will need to wait.

I do have FFA as slight town, because I think that he is more in the, um, mildly annoying whimsy zone, that I associate with his town play. (Sorry.) And that is part of why even though I do not hate Haku's "concerns post," it did not really give me much material to re-evaluate on. I do not agree with the take on Shadowgod at all, and Haku did not give any reasons that are useful to people who do not have the same experiences with Shado and Bugkid.

DaBackpack unfortunately did not slap me in the face with obvious townie energy, which would have made the game a lot easier for me, if he did. I do not know that I feel ready to go guns blazing there alongside FFA though.

Shado comes off to me as having a lot of fun, and it reminds me of the good old days of TWG. I still think the main thing that gave me a good feeling, was the emotional complexity with when raeko forgot the game. DaBackpack apparently has no opinion on that. Lame. I think I was hoping that he would help me more with what to make of Haku.

Xel for me is slightly more likeable than usual, so I would probably off Zenith over him specifically, boring as it is. Also because I did not realize we had no post count min ???
no hard feelings

your read on shado isn't so much a read as an observation. Do you think they're town?

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 04-29-2022, 09:40 PM   #485
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Old 04-29-2022, 09:41 PM   #486
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

I feel like there has to be a wolf on the zenith train
Old 04-29-2022, 09:42 PM   #487
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Xel is mostly just a vibe/tone thing, he seems relaxed. Of course it's still D0 and nothing much has happened but yeah

For Bug it's pretty similar, just relaxed vibe of posting. I don't think they have been a wolf in a forum game so I think they might be a bit more reserved with posting if this was their first wolf game
Old 04-29-2022, 09:42 PM   #488
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
tonight in posts that mean nothing
Old 04-29-2022, 09:42 PM   #489
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
yeah but I think this is true regardless of Zenith's alignment, so I don't know if it means much
Old 04-29-2022, 09:43 PM   #490
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
you still gunning for FFA?
why, again?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 04-29-2022, 09:46 PM   #491
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
tonight in posts that mean nothing
Just don't whip out your whole catalog of those or else we'll be here past eod
Old 04-29-2022, 09:47 PM   #492
star-crossed
FFR Player

I've been sort of accused of being overly focused on Haku, but for me that's just been because Haku is the person who I think would have a clear alignment and motivational difference in their posts. Because like me, Haku engages immediately with the social deduction core of the game. It just feels like a frustrating puzzle that I have not had time to solve, and I read so many other posts in this game that make me feel absolutely nothing.

I can (and have somewhat) put into words what wolf motivations may be leading the posts to being weird. For instance, last time I played against Haku as a wolf, Haku made a big deal about how the previous town game was still affecting them - which arguably manifested here. I guess I feel like I just can't grasp how Haku's reaching almost any of the points that they've made, but I struggle because I don't think that that necessarily has to mean Haku's a wolf. I don't know if I'm the problem. I can tell from WV's posting that he feels strongly about Haku's alignment, but I feel like he's just said how it made him feel, which is nothing like how it made me feel.

I still haven't decided if I can stomach leaving my vote there. I just feel like I needed someone else to step up and help me make more sense of it so that I can form a more holistic view of the game, and two of the people who might have been able to do that are Currently Active non-players, and it's just... I don't feel grounded in this game. I'm sorry, this is probably post to be making right before day end.
Old 04-29-2022, 09:47 PM   #493
star-crossed
FFR Player

*probably an awful post
Old 04-29-2022, 09:48 PM   #494
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
no hard feelings

your read on shado isn't so much a read as an observation. Do you think they're town?
I feel like I want Shado to be town and most people don't, and I don't think that's really a read either, but it's what feels true
Old 04-29-2022, 09:48 PM   #495
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
yeah but I think this is true regardless of Zenith's alignment, so I don't know if it means much
It'll mean more later once more people flip. I'm putting my thoughts out there for future rereads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
you still gunning for FFA?
why, again?
I don't think I've ever really thought much about FFA lol. Whatever vote I have on him is entire a joke. I'm also pretty sure I quoted a post of his that pushed me towards seeing him more town
Old 04-29-2022, 09:50 PM   #496
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
It'll mean more later once more people flip. I'm putting my thoughts out there for future rereads
Fair enough yeah

well it's getting close to that time and Zenith isn't here, and doesn't seem like anything is going to change

Zenith
Old 04-29-2022, 09:51 PM   #497
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

with there being no post minimum and whatnot, I'm locking in on zenith short of something ridiculous happening. I don't think Haku is it and either way hope he will have better things to focus on tomorrow.

I hope lewdy feels better or back to normal by tomorrow or the inactivity two days in a row will hurt

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2022, 09:52 PM   #498
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
I've been sort of accused of being overly focused on Haku, but for me that's just been because Haku is the person who I think would have a clear alignment and motivational difference in their posts. Because like me, Haku engages immediately with the social deduction core of the game. It just feels like a frustrating puzzle that I have not had time to solve, and I read so many other posts in this game that make me feel absolutely nothing.

I can (and have somewhat) put into words what wolf motivations may be leading the posts to being weird. For instance, last time I played against Haku as a wolf, Haku made a big deal about how the previous town game was still affecting them - which arguably manifested here. I guess I feel like I just can't grasp how Haku's reaching almost any of the points that they've made, but I struggle because I don't think that that necessarily has to mean Haku's a wolf. I don't know if I'm the problem. I can tell from WV's posting that he feels strongly about Haku's alignment, but I feel like he's just said how it made him feel, which is nothing like how it made me feel.

I still haven't decided if I can stomach leaving my vote there. I just feel like I needed someone else to step up and help me make more sense of it so that I can form a more holistic view of the game, and two of the people who might have been able to do that are Currently Active non-players, and it's just... I don't feel grounded in this game. I'm sorry, this is probably post to be making right before day end.
I can appreciate this post and I'm sorry I'm bad at explaining why I feel about players alignments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
Who would you think is most likely to be wolfing out of everyone on zenith rn
Old 04-29-2022, 09:53 PM   #499
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

It's...
VOTE COUNT TIME!
_Zenith_ (3) - bugkid666, ShadoWolfe, mellon_collie

Hakulyte (2) - star_crossed, DaBackpack
DaBackpack (1) - flashflash account
flashflash account (1) - Wayward Vagabond
XelNya (1) - Hakulyte

---

Not Voting
Shadow_God_10, XelNya, _Zenith_

Last edited by roundbox; 04-29-2022 at 09:53 PM..
Old 04-29-2022, 09:53 PM   #500
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Who would you think is most likely to be wolfing out of everyone on zenith rn
Wolfe
Closed Thread