FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

PAGE 25

Fucking A, still the SAME SHIT

Pre, once again, repeats.

Oh shit-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I gave a Null town-lean to FreezinIce because of the attempt of caring about the game in general and trying to challenge "who's in control" of the game.

The only problem with FreezinIce is that I'm still waiting for meaningful content that is not "Gradiant vs FreezinIce" oriented.

If in the end there's nothing substantial, well, rip.
WOW, this is a good post. Haku's post is full of small gems like this, jesus. I love it. This is something that, admittedly myself, haven't bothered to think about. That's a very true statement. At the same time though, the two are constantly going at each other so they're minds are more focused on that.

But this is a really good point and post, fucking holy moly.

Aaaand more of the same happens. Do note, for probably the fifth time now, his sudden change in tone?

inDheart - Wolf Lean x1.5
Hakulyte - Town Lean x4
R.E. Aryxi/_Zenith_ - Town Lean x2
Shadowolfe - STRONG Wolf Lean
danceflashrevo - Town Lean x2.5
Gradiant - STRONG Town Lean
FreezinIce - 90% Sure Wolf
DaBackpack - Wolf Lean
Precarious - STRONG Town Lean
roundbox - Wolf Lean
botchi246 - Null
XelNya - WEAK Town Lean
juckter1 - Town Lean x2
mellonxcollie - WEAK Town Lean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-8-2016, 03:00 PM   #782
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
PAGE 2

inDheart comes back and wants to say some stuff about my claim. Notice how 52 minutes of the game has already happened. I think it's something important to note due to what happens later.

[...]

...Uh oh, here comes dat boy inDheart with a fairly large post. Also again note it took roughly 40 minutes between this and his last post.

So here we see he made up a whole bunch of scenarios of where I could be this or that. It's a very fair post, but I think the way it was presented, coupled with how long it took, I'm reading this post as nothing but a wolf telling the other wolves "hey, I done my homework, Charu is most likely telling the truth."

Biased? Maybe, but I can also see it as a means of town player laying out the law of what I could potentially be since town always has to be weary with shit like this.

But at the moment, it looks more like a wolf trying to find a means to make me look bad first thing, hee hee hee. Also please due note his "SK" scenario. Since SK is one of wolves biggest fears... hee hee hee... Sorry inDheart, but did you roll wolf this game? These early pages are telling me you might be one!
dunno why you mention time, unless you think that's a long time; i don't really have an excuse besides being a slow post writer
Old 10-8-2016, 03:04 PM   #783
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

i will agree that my counterclaim post looks dumb though

i think the thought in my head was that the role might've gone to someone who didn't know/think they ought to counterclaim, in which case we'd somehow have to find the real PR, which is lol

clearly i busted my head here
Old 10-8-2016, 03:05 PM   #784
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Okay, I just spent my entire shift doing this and I'm fucking wiped the hell out from balancing this with some actual library shit.

I'll do more later (or not).

But reads are still there. I most likely will vote for Freezin regardless. Nothing of substantial has changed except I wouldn't be opposed to lynch Shadowolfe actually.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-8-2016, 03:06 PM   #785
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Back. Still planning on being around for another hour or so before I have to leave for work. I'm actually kind of disappointed in Charu for reading me scum, 'cause I thought he'd be the person most able to recognize my town game. Oh well, such is TWG.

I hope hope hope he finishes by an hour from now, though, because I really want to see what he ends up with, here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 10-8-2016, 03:07 PM   #786
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Okay, I just spent my entire shift doing this and I'm fucking wiped the hell out from balancing this with some actual library shit.

I'll do more later (or not).

But reads are still there. I most likely will vote for Freezin regardless. Nothing of substantial has changed except I wouldn't be opposed to lynch Shadowolfe actually.
Well, I guess the "finishing in about an hour" won't be happening...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 10-8-2016, 03:08 PM   #787
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Sorry buddy, but it points to you. I'd lynch Freezin over you, but yeah.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-8-2016, 03:09 PM   #788
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

If you got some stuff to say to me, you got rough 5 minutes.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-8-2016, 03:10 PM   #789
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
oh lol forgot to change the second part of gradiant's section. yeah still def town. second interaction was just bleh, as followed up by my next section on freezin.
why did you just paste edits over your previous reads? did really not that much change?
Old 10-8-2016, 03:12 PM   #790
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Clocks ticking, Shadow

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-8-2016, 03:13 PM   #791
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Or when does your shift start? I might be able to catch you home still when I get home.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-8-2016, 03:14 PM   #792
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
WOW, this is a good post. Haku's post is full of small gems like this, jesus. I love it. This is something that, admittedly myself, haven't bothered to think about. That's a very true statement. At the same time though, the two are constantly going at each other so they're minds are more focused on that.

But this is a really good point and post, fucking holy moly.

Aaaand more of the same happens. Do note, for probably the fifth time now, his sudden change in tone?
My favorite part is that FreezinIce completely ignored that post.
Old 10-8-2016, 03:14 PM   #793
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Sorry buddy, but it points to you. I'd lynch Freezin over you, but yeah.
You're wrong, but yeah. Maybe do a closer inspection of just my posts (ISO) later, if you're off and get a chance. You don't have to share it, but I think you'll like what you see.

There's also a good amount in the remaining 15 pages you haven't addressed, so I'm content with leaving this as it is for now.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-8-2016, 03:15 PM   #794
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Or when does your shift start? I might be able to catch you home still when I get home.
I leave my house at 4pm server time, but I should still be able to check in occasionally at work, unless we get swamped. It's Saturday, so swamping is actually likely.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-8-2016, 03:16 PM   #795
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Yeah, there's a lot of inDheart vs ShadoWolfe content that may influence your read quite a bit if you have the courage to sit down and read it.
Old 10-8-2016, 03:17 PM   #796
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post

I go interact with him.

and...

Well, I'm waiting for his response now.

Basically there's a huge need for Precarious vs DBP interaction by the end of this phase.
1. If you want more content from me, I don't know what to tell you. If you can't read me, that's your fault; I've provided an enormous amount of actual material, and I've said how I feel. In fact, that was my last post to you directly.

If you want more interaction between me and DBP, perhaps you should be looking to the person that stopped providing even superficial, unsupported play once I removed my pressure. DBP has been very hesitant to say anything; the only burst of anything resembling gameplay was our argument. Since then, DBP's posts have consisted of a promised response (that never came), an observation that there was squabbling (that they didn't actually read), a statement that they didn't want to read, another statement that they didn't want to read and that it looks like I've been active, a claim that they'll "probably" miss EoD, conveniently excusing them from having to interact (and face scrutiny for their poor play from the rest of the field), and a promise of new reads (again, yet to be seen, and given the approaching EoD, I'm not sure they're coming).

However, there was one post that was sort of a read, even if it falls into the category of "no support" that I've been complaining about. Here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Haku's probably town
That's the only thing that even has the shadow of substance about it. And of course it's favorable to you. Given your prior defensiveness, I wonder if you're not just relieved to attach yourself to someone that's town reading you?
Old 10-8-2016, 03:17 PM   #797
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

the JUCK

shitpost
shitpost
shitpost

OK CONTENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by juckter1 View Post
Charu isn't likely to change until much further into the game, Gradiant still with the agressive posting which I townread him for, and Haku hasn't said anything that changed my read in either direction.

Freez is weird, his reason for voting Gradiant is like, objectively bad, but I can't see why a wolf would play like he has so far. I can't read him well right now

He's about as active as me so I can't fault him for that at all. Kinda weird that he's thinking Charu has potential to change. This is probably worth noting, but I don't think it puts him into noose territory just yet. I like that he's bringing forward some original opinions to the table even though he hasn't been the most active. I'd put him at like an olive green, just a mild step above null for this post. Let's look at the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juckter1 View Post
Ok, so basically the game so far has been mostly about Gradiant vs Freez, Shado vs inDheart and Precarious vs DBP.

Gradiant vs Freez is a nice interaction that has made Gradiant look really town in my eyes. Freez is way more difficult to read in comparison. While I like that he has been posting really naturally, his tone and his content have varied wildly throughout the entire interaction which makes him really difficult to read in my eyes.

Shado vs inDheart reads like a TvT. I was initially giving town points to Shado for pressing on inDheart who was almost universally town read, as it seems like a risky move for a wolf to take, but Shado is probably ballsy enough to do it as either alignment. Regardless, there was some sound logic on both parts and I feel okay giving both of them townleans.

Precarious vs DBP was utter shit compared to those two previous interactions and I really want to talk more about it.

To summarize what happened, DBP came and gave Precarious a vote because he wanted him to post reads instead of mechanics (#282, #284, #286, #288), and Shadow also places a vote on Precarious, increasing pressure. Later, Precarious says he is working on reads and that he wants to see DBP's, while saying that posting mechanics is his playstyle and implying it's not a good reason to vote him (#365). Then, DBP responds to Precarious' previous post, and again tells him to produce reads (#381). Afterwards, Precarious gives a read post (#388), and then accuses DBP of feigning activity and being empty, and places a vote on him (#398). DBP and Precarious proceed to spar for a little while, until in post 433 DBP says he'll respond to Precarious' previous posts later, which he doesn't after coming back. Precarious comes back earlier today and casually unvotes DBP without giving any reasoning or followup (#601).

I have some stuff that I want to say, but before that I would like to know why Precarious and DBP decided to abandon their fight.

@Precarious: Why did you unvote DBP?
@DBP: Why did you not respond to Precarious' post like you said you would?

Also:

Heh, it was Shado who was talking about Charu being a slip, but his logic can apply to this post too. Why am I in your thoughts dear?

Anyways, I'll start writing up my thoughts regarding the interaction, because they'll probably have some value regardless of what DBP and Precarious say, and because I'm very slow at typing stuff in this game. I apologize for being absent for so long, I was legitimately physically feeling like shit through most of yesterday and today.
probably the juck's best post. I might take the whole "____ vs ____" thing as a nice basis for my upcoming reads. He has a solid drill into Precarious's logic and weird pushes. I wonder what the "sound logic" from the ShadowXinDheart he's referring to, though.

Yeah, the juck is definitely olive green and reminds me of that one time I played turbo with him.

2 townreads so far. HmmMMmm
Old 10-8-2016, 03:19 PM   #798
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

well, charu can read without having to commit himself to that format, i'm sure is what he means to do

chill homies
Old 10-8-2016, 03:21 PM   #799
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

oh jeez, backpack did say he'd miss eod, i'd only seen his "hot fresh reads" thing

smells like it might be the start of WIL backpack since we haven't seen him today, even if he was going to be here when he woke up
Old 10-8-2016, 03:23 PM   #800
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

i'm reading box's posts as he makes them as well and his posting style is basically his avatar, i love it
Closed Thread