Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-6-2016, 10:50 PM   #481
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLIX: Form your special exclusive groups now! - Game Thread

Responding to a point you made earlier Gradiant. You seemed to have a problem with me cooling off of shado one he unvoted me. Could you clarify exactly what the problem is? From my perspective, I turned on him for 2 reasons: to defend myself from what I felt was a fundamental misunderstanding of my positions, and to prove his reaction to my push back. After him backing off I briefly considered going after him for backing off too quickly, but the situation i would have pursued felt too WIFOM for my tastes. Having decided that and having no preconceived suspicions about him, reconciliation seemed like the narural choice

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 10-6-2016, 10:51 PM   #482
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Typing on phone sucks. Prove should be gauge. Narurual (?) Should be natural

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Old 10-6-2016, 10:52 PM   #483
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Also I don't know what point that image is trying to make

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 10-6-2016, 10:52 PM   #484
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
You look like ASS!!!
no u

Why are you here?
Old 10-6-2016, 10:55 PM   #485
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'm pointing out that you said I was mudslinging when I wasn't and that you did a shitload of what you were accusing me of, then I posted that quote list, you respond with yet another 'omg guys you're misquoting me' and ignoring what i was trying to bring up with more snarkiness about me. Now you're saying you have no problem at all with admitting to mudslinging.

So I was amused, and it also makes the responses to my multiquote list a bit confusing because there's no basis to calling them misquoted and your last response simply proved my point that you were ignoring.
Old 10-6-2016, 10:59 PM   #486
Gradiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
Responding to a point you made earlier Gradiant. You seemed to have a problem with me cooling off of shado one he unvoted me. Could you clarify exactly what the problem is? From my perspective, I turned on him for 2 reasons: to defend myself from what I felt was a fundamental misunderstanding of my positions, and to prove his reaction to my push back. After him backing off I briefly considered going after him for backing off too quickly, but the situation i would have pursued felt too WIFOM for my tastes. Having decided that and having no preconceived suspicions about him, reconciliation seemed like the narural choice
Sure I can respond to this. Shado's argument was a continuation/standalong with my argument with you regarding your freak out over one vote on haku. It's pointed out in his posts that your attitude switches suddenly and your response to that is getting snarky and 'misquote excuse' and giving false info about situation.
He unvotes for whatever reason, and you're no longer snarky to him.
When there was a disagreement, you were complaining and had an extremely snarky attitude, but as soon as that disagreement looks to be gone with the unvote, attitude changes back to normal.
Old 10-6-2016, 11:01 PM   #487
Gradiant

I completely diagree with the quote shado used as reasoning for his unvote as that's what i said above was false information (the convo being neutral stanced with you just typing out thoughts and not being overly defensive), so I was expecting you to continue with your shitty attitude since you were obviously disagreeing with his argument. However, as soon as he unvoted, no longer snarky and dropped everything.
Old 10-6-2016, 11:02 PM   #488
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
Is there something else that was bumping shado lower than both of us?
It's a very simple reason, he backed off and I didn't really expect him to do that because I know he's well capable of arguing in general.

It made me reset my read on him basically.
Old 10-6-2016, 11:03 PM   #489
Gradiant

So was freezin also not reset even though he did the same thing because you haven't played with him before?
Old 10-6-2016, 11:09 PM   #490
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I'm not sure about Precarious' thought on this since he ignored it before disappearing, but I'm not sure about it being a slip. I just see it as a way to get a vote back on dbp while using the opposite reason (though paired with other not very incriminating points)
I did. See #424.

To clarify, it has nothing to do with mechanics (and I have no idea what juckter sees as a slip, but then his response was somewhat deceptive). There was a sequence, immediately after DBP voted, where he had a multipost interaction with Charu. The first post felt more aggressive compared to the second post which used a few minor hedge words. When I initially read it, I interpreted the slight difference in tone to be DBP moving around Charu rather carefully.

If Charu is town (and we've beaten that horse to death, but either he is or he'll be counterclaimed at some point), then a wolf is unlikely to be overly aggressive with him. Since he's the only person we know (so to speak) from a public perspective that must be town, he's the only person we can collectively be sure is acting in good faith, and thus his reads/accusations/opinions, while not necessarily correct, are at least being made without ulterior motives. Wolves will typically try to avoid fights they can't win, and so that snippet of conversation caught my attention.

The thing is, after giving myself time to cool down, I'm not sure why I saw it as so incriminating originally. The posts don't seem that tonally different--I can see what I saw initially, but I have to admit that it feels very overinflated here. I don't see, however, what people dislike about the rest of that particular post. It's hardly an airtight case, but it's D1, and it's not bad for D1. If it pressures DBR to actually say something, then hey, it's doing what he tried to do to me.

Of course, I still find this community's overmeta troubling; mechanical posts have purpose, and the reason I made them initially was because of people hedging around Charu's status. And that, for a variety of reasons, is a waste of time. If people think that's robotic, well, those robotic posts help. Similarly, I don't like unaccompanied gut reads, because your gut can be wrong, and that assumes you're acting in good faith. I want to see logic, however limited, accompanying reads.
Old 10-6-2016, 11:16 PM   #491
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
So was freezin also not reset even though he did the same thing because you haven't played with him before?
I gave a Null town-lean to FreezinIce because of the attempt of caring about the game in general and trying to challenge "who's in control" of the game.

The only problem with FreezinIce is that I'm still waiting for meaningful content that is not "Gradiant vs FreezinIce" oriented.

If in the end there's nothing substantial, well, rip.
Old 10-6-2016, 11:16 PM   #492
Gradiant

Did you respond to this post by shado:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Two things:

1: I'm surprised that nobody has commented on my garfield picture. It's shocking and hilarious at the same time. Fucking uncultured fucks.

2: Precarious... "You tiptoe around Charu (since attacking someone who's effectively confirmed town is dangerous)" seems like a slip. It's human nature to include unrelated things into a conversation if they're one our mind. I could be talking about tacos, but replace the word "taco" with, "car", if I've been having car troubles. I liked the rest of your post, but could you explain your reasoning on the Charu bit? I, for instance, haven't talked to our birdfriend at all, except for making "brief little posts" about his birdiness. How does DaBackpack differ from anyone else in that regard?
I saw several responses to people surrounding this, but no response to shado's quote, unless i missed that.

This quote was what my post was regarding
Old 10-6-2016, 11:17 PM   #493
Gradiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I gave a Null town-lean to FreezinIce because of the attempt of caring about the game in general and trying to challenge "who's in control" of the game.

The only problem with FreezinIce is that I'm still waiting for meaningful content that is not "Gradiant vs FreezinIce" oriented.

If in the end there's nothing substantial, well, rip.
thanks
Old 10-6-2016, 11:17 PM   #494
FreezinIce
FFR Player

I can see the problem. When I'm arguing with someone that's the form and tone my posts sometimes takes. It doesn't help that I made them specifically to provoke a response i.e. crude and not logical.

I explained my thought process during that exchange. As an aside, I'm not qualified to speak for him obviously so if your looking for insight into his behavior in regards to backing off me, it would be better to ask him (I apologize if you already have and I missed it but I'm not in a position atm to sift through the thread to look for it.)

My take on it however was that I bought into the fact that he might've misjudged the angle of his attack on me and realized half way through that his arguments were not as solid as he thought. So he cut his loases and backed off his push, something I'm not going to condemn him for doing. (Obviously this isn't always going to be the case but like I said before at the time I judged the alternative situation not worth pursuing.) If theres something you still want explained let me know and I'll try to do so.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 10-6-2016, 11:19 PM   #495
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Oh you made another good point while I was typing, I'll traps to it when I'm home from work

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 10-6-2016, 11:20 PM   #496
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Traps = respond

Phone pls those words arnt even similar

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 10-6-2016, 11:23 PM   #497
Gradiant

Curious what post that was.
I'm also seeing another sudden change in attitude towards me, no longer extremely 'better than you' and snarky. I'm assuming it's because you realize I'm never going to think of you as less scummy if you continue to act that way for responses?
Old 10-6-2016, 11:26 PM   #498
Gradiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
My take on it however was that I bought into the fact that he might've misjudged the angle of his attack on me and realized half way through that his arguments were not as solid as he thought. So he cut his loases and backed off his push, something I'm not going to condemn him for doing. (Obviously this isn't always going to be the case but like I said before at the time I judged the alternative situation not worth pursuing.) If theres something you still want explained let me know and I'll try to do so.
Shado, does this pretty much sum up what you backed off, or was it something else?
Old 10-6-2016, 11:26 PM   #499
Gradiant

*why you backed off
Old 10-6-2016, 11:29 PM   #500
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

oh gee, people become conscious of their behavior patterns when observed, who'd've thought
Closed Thread