Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #201
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude
Default Re: Hearthstone

imo, if you're trying to rank up and you're not in control of a shit load of legendaries, you need to play rush decks. zoo is your best option when it comes to learning about the game and card positioning, and early game tempo control that pressures into a victory before dropping the charge cards for the final push.

i personally don't like huntard either but it's still a great way to rank, quickly because the bow+traps and buzzard+uth is great.

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #202
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Huntard and Warlock aggro rush decks might net wins, but they're a completely brainless way of playing that doesn't teach you anything about how to actually play the game. It's why I've avoided using those decks and instead choose to learn how to construct a real deck. In the past few weeks I've seen a lot of personal improvement - some classes I used to lose all the time with, now I can manage >50% with all of them.

I've been working on this druid deck ever since I started getting some useful cards for it. I've even managed a little bit of luck against the dumbass rush decks that frequently pop up in the meta. It's still a WIP as I don't have all the cards I want, but it's been working pretty well for me so far.

Not shown:

-1x Ancient of War
-1x Stormwind Champion
-1x Ironbark Protector

These are the changes I hope to make in the future with this deck:

-Swap Gadgetzan Auctioneer with Nourish.

-Swap Ironbeak Owl with Bloodmage Thalnos when I get a second Keeper of the Grove (which in turn would replace something else, just not sure what yet).

-Possibly replace Stormwind Champion with Ragnaros (I got a golden Hogger yesterday, I've been debating whether or not to DE him).

-Possibly replace Ironbark Protector with Sea Giant. (Is it worth it?)

-Swap Knife Juggler or Faerie Dragon with a second Ancient Watcher.

P.S My tag is Bynary#1384 if any of you who haven't already added me wish to do so.

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #203
Litodude
FFR Player

Zoo isn't a rush deck; it is an aggro deck yes, but it is quite arguably the best deck right now because you have to know how to manipulate the board with the adjacent-buff tests the entirety of the deck provides, along with tempo control, and balancing between board control and aggression. If you want full out aggression that's brain dead, yes go huntard, yes go murlock rush.

Before analyzing your deck Bynary you should know that the type of druid you're creating requires a shitload of good cards otherwise it's not going to get you anywhere after midgame, because everyone elses deck is much better crafted for lategame. Your deck NEEDS FoN+SR in order to successfully pull off this control+card draw build you're creating and shutting down opponents before they get their late game rag/ysera combos; FoNSR is the cheapest combo you could make to pull that off, so i'm going to critique the deck for that build.

Bynary, your deck list is like a mix between +spelldmg and floodboarding and board control. Pick one, or maybe two, but honestly your deck has too much going on.

what are you using argent squire for? you don't need that in there unless you have some sort of divine shield fetish, though it is great as early early control, it is essentially useless in your deck since that's not what you're wanting to pull out early. you're better off with harvest golem for more utility.

faerie dragon is a great 2 drop 3/2 but honestly there isn't many opponents out there that use target based cards now, except for another druid. faerie dragon was good when mages were running around, but honestly you're better off with another watcher, another owl, or another PotW. PotW is your best bet imo sinceit's a spell card that can create it's own 3/2 panth anyway, or buff your minions assuming you get what you want (ancient watcher/sunfury).

sunfury protector is an ok card esp if you can get the taunt off on a watcher, but if you can't then you're left with a 2/3 2 drop that sucks. you should sub this with MotW x2

Knife juggler is useless (like u said( in your deck you have no early drops other than argent squire. You're wanting to use the AWatch+Owl or AWatch+sunfury combo but you want that set up IMMEDIATELY, instead of waiting for + 1 extra dmg. I think you have too much card draw with the acolyte, it's essentially useless in this deck since it provides nothing on it's own as a 3 mana 1/3, and you already have card draw with gadget (or nourish), wrath, and azure drake. get another sunfury protector imo

AoP i tihnk sucks in this deck but if you really want the card draw you should be consistent and have more than one AoP. imo take it out and put in Savage Roar

Yeti is great.

DoArgus is great, but honestly I think it's too much in this deck only because your'e a druid and you already have bear form and keeper in this deck as your forms of control. it's still a great card though, so it's up to you whether or not you can find a suitable replacement

violet teacher ..i don't really know what to say because it has a lot of potential assuming you can hold off on using wrath and swipe, but that's only IF you already have an innervate in your hand. a turn 2 violet teacher can be devastating, but also you already used 1 spell card that you could've gotten a minion from. also, i think 3/5 is kind of weak for a 4 mana card, i would replace this with a sen'jin if you want a 3/5 4 mana with guaranteed utility.

actually no thinking about it again violet teacher sucks in this deck.

starfall is a great control card.

you definitely should put in another azure drake.

ugh gadgetzan is horrible in this deck imo because it's so weak and your spells are either expensive or have already been used up by turn 5. replace this with FoN, or Nourish.

get another starfire in.

stormwind champion is great. i don't know if you should have it in this deck, beucause your minions aren't guaranteed to be on the board once your opponent realizes you're control and will be doing their best to keep your board clear. imo replace it with ancient of lore (make it 2 ancient of lore's)

ironbark is good, but you already mentioned you have ancient of war so i think that suffices in your late-game defense or offense. subbing iron bark for rag is great, imo your deck definitely has enough control to protect it, but you should definitely get a wild growth in (or two) to make sure you can get to late game with enough health and cards to secure the victory. ysera is the next card you need after that.

...i personally don't like FoN+SR, because it's the same as hunter in that you're waiting for the other card the entire game in order to win. regardless of that fact, your deck still has a shitload of useless cards it doesn't need. i honestly also don't like watcher+whatever combo because again, useless cards by themselves, but if you combo it then it's good...only if you combo it. i don't run them personally, but they -can- be good in order to cheese your opponent. for now i think you should use watcher+sunfury/argus/silence combo for frugal reasons otherwise you should move from it. same with FoNSR. here's my decklists, they're cookie cutter. dreadmaker is the creator of ramp and firebat created control, but i subbed acidic swamp ooze for loothorder in my version. because fucking hunters. my favorite is control.

dude
out west?

Quote:
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

Old 04-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #204
Litodude
FFR Player

also, the current decks i'm running in ranked:

not shown: alexstraza

control warrior is my go-to winning deck (and by far the most expensive), it just takes a long time. zoo is next as a winner, and nightblade is just a fuckingload of fun to play (and wins!)

i also run amaz's priest deck, around 12 wins but it can be unreliable if i don't get the right draws against aggro hunter/zoo/aggro anything

dude
out west?

Quote:

Last edited by Litodude; 04-10-2014 at 11:55 AM..
Old 04-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #205
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Best subs for BK and Mukla in Zoo?

Thoughts on power overwhelming and leeroy?

What is the justification for removing harvest golem? He was so godly before I stopped playing.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #206
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Holy mother of page stretch. I appreciate the visuals but please put them in spoiler tags or something haha.

-Argent Squire is for early drops. I suppose I could get rid of them but I feel uncomfortable having no 1 drops, though if I am going for control (which is where I am leaning) it won't matter if they aren't there.

-Good point about Faerie Dragon. A second PotW would be of use.

-I disagree about the Violet Teacher - it's extremely effective with the druid. Violet + Coin +Innervate + PotW = 4/6 and three 2/2s. I've had that combo happen before.

-I'll replace AoP, but I really do need to craft Nourish if I do.

-Defender of Argus is for my higher-level minions, but I don't see why it can't be replaced with Sunfury Protector. SP would be cheaper anyways.

-I'd love another Azure Drake, but I have to think about how I'll fit it in (replace Argus?)

-Stormwind synergizes great with Violet Teacher + tokens. I like the card but I have no qualms about replacing it with something else.

-I don't have an Ancient of Lore, Ysera, Cairne, Black Knight or Ragnaros. Actually, how the fuck do you have so many legendaries in the first place?

I appreciate your critique, I'm actually kinda glad I can dump the Argent Squires for something else without ruining the deck in the early phases of the game. The Ancient Watchers only work with Taunt or Silence but I almost always get those, especially since the Ancient Watcher is easy to put out at only 2 mana.

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #207
Litodude
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Best subs for BK and Mukla in Zoo?

Thoughts on power overwhelming and leeroy?

What is the justification for removing harvest golem? He was so godly before I stopped playing.
i love poweroverwheling/leeroy in my murlock rush deck, it's too stronk; but zoo isn't necessarily rush, it's just extreme control until you get into lethal

harvest golem is still a great card, one of the best 3 drops, but i think others find earthring farsees or scarlet scrusader as good subs

scalet is a good sub for mukla

dude
out west?

Quote:

Old 04-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #208
Litodude
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
Holy mother of page stretch. I appreciate the visuals but please put them in spoiler tags or something haha.

-Argent Squire is for early drops. I suppose I could get rid of them but I feel uncomfortable having no 1 drops, though if I am going for control (which is where I am leaning) it won't matter if they aren't there.

-Good point about Faerie Dragon. A second PotW would be of use.

-I disagree about the Violet Teacher - it's extremely effective with the druid. Violet + Coin +Innervate + PotW = 4/6 and three 2/2s. I've had that combo happen before.

-I'll replace AoP, but I really do need to craft Nourish if I do.

-Defender of Argus is for my higher-level minions, but I don't see why it can't be replaced with Sunfury Protector. SP would be cheaper anyways.

-I'd love another Azure Drake, but I have to think about how I'll fit it in (replace Argus?)

-Stormwind synergizes great with Violet Teacher + tokens. I like the card but I have no qualms about replacing it with something else.

-I don't have an Ancient of Lore, Ysera, Cairne, Black Knight or Ragnaros. Actually, how the fuck do you have so many legendaries in the first place?

I appreciate your critique, I'm actually kinda glad I can dump the Argent Squires for something else without ruining the deck in the early phases of the game. The Ancient Watchers only work with Taunt or Silence but I almost always get those, especially since the Ancient Watcher is easy to put out at only 2 mana.
there are just too many situations where i believe you wouldn't have an opportunity to play violet teacher effectively; but then again i never tried her out, she just seems weak as a 3/5 for 4 and pumping out 1/1s

i got lucky with card packs i guess, i play a lot, and i've put in like $150 not including arena runs

i don't have a lot of unnecessary cards and i DE a lot of goldens that i don't use. i've DE'd a golden deathwing and golden jaraxxus so yea, lucky really

dude
out west?

Quote:

Old 04-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #209
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
i love poweroverwheling/leeroy in my murlock rush deck, it's too stronk; but zoo isn't necessarily rush, it's just extreme control until you get into lethal

harvest golem is still a great card, one of the best 3 drops, but i think others find earthring farsees or scarlet scrusader as good subs

scalet is a good sub for mukla
I used to play PO in my board control lock deck. The logic was that it can be disgustingly effective removal against big minions (though BK is obviously better for this, I still haven't gotten him =/ ) and allowed me to threaten unusually early lethal (I suspect many opponents didn't see it coming in that deck).

Only problem with it I see is if it draws early it's kinda dead, otherwise it's such a nice card IMO but I might have to play around with it.

I have a pit lord I also want to add to this deck. XD I've tried before but felt like I was YOLOing every time, though it might go well if I added earthrings.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #210
Litodude
FFR Player

ya i think u need BK. i run it on all my control decks
edit- completely destroying an ironbark or bear form or sunwalker or tirion or al'akir is just too fucking gud. or against another zoo with a argus'd 6/6 mukla too gud

if u run pitlord u rly need jaraxxus but in that situation you're not aggro anymore, you're handlock lol

also wanted to mention that harvest golem was removed because it loses buffs from cleric or argus after it dies, whereas scarlet crusader doesn't after taking a hit.

dude
out west?

Quote:

Last edited by Litodude; 04-10-2014 at 01:32 PM..
Old 04-10-2014, 01:36 PM   #211
Litodude
FFR Player

lol zoo is just too fucking good for every new player tbqh. it's cheap, fast, and teaches u a lot without having to pay for anything. other than BK obviously but ya lol

here's reynad's site and decktech shit http://reynad.com/decks/warlock/zoo#.U0bk0_m-3To

dude
out west?

Quote:

Old 04-11-2014, 12:19 AM   #212
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

i don't know if you guys used to play before december but

prior to the current "zoo" deck, warlock used to run what was called standard agro that basically used most of the current cards, except with their superior versions and without cards like dire wolf and shieldbearer - cards that come to mind are (3/3 SSC, blood imps that gave +1 to all other cards, 3/3 argus, dark iron dwarf's +2 attack was permanent, etc)

- the only reason zoo is "strong" now is because of the class itself - handlock, zoolock are both very viable and popular decks, but you really can't mulligan against BOTH of those decks (ex. if you're playing control warrior you might want shield slam, execute but vs zoo you might want WW+berserker or armorsmiths)

but yes most agro decks tend to win more games (and grind faster too) because of the game structure and tempo

and although i hate huntard and zoo decks with a passion, a lot of them still require thinking and proper cycling - not everyone can hit legend by going for face with every spell and keeping 2 leper gnomes in their opening hand with huntard or zoo lol
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:37 AM   #213
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ReikonKeiri

My previous best in Arena was 9-3 with a retardedly built huntard deck. I never play Druid at all and this is happening right now idek

FMO AAAs (3): Heavenly Spores (68), Fast Asleep (67)!, 0 (piano version) (66)! VC AAAs: 76
Best VCs: Finders Keepers (64), Purple (64), Travel Demon (63), Final Step (63), A World of Piano (63), Balloon Fever (63), The Fusion (63)

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Staring at my Spaceship 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Demon Beast Appearance 4 clean
Gacha Gacha Figu Atto Radio 4 clean
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
Eternal Drain [Heavy] 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Destination of the Heart 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran 7-1-0-1
Face in the Gutter 8 clean
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Summer Time Perfume 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bubble Bath Aftermath 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2
Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Heavy] 9 clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master View Post
To be fair, having all the BlazBlue's isn't good taste more then it is common sense.
ReikonKeiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:40 AM   #214
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

nice fotoshoppe

btw pretty solid curve (nice 2 drops, could've used some stuff like harvest golems instead of stuff like voodoo doc/kobold geo)

surprised you made it to lategame with so little card draw (minus nourish & novi eng which kind of kill tempo)

Last edited by L.B.D.D; 04-11-2014 at 01:42 AM..
Old 04-11-2014, 01:59 AM   #215
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ReikonKeiri

3/4 of my games were basically won on turn 2 cause of wild growth.

ps im furious worst rewards ever

i already own a gold young dragonhawk like really blizzard plz

edit finally got around to naming my decks

FMO AAAs (3): Heavenly Spores (68), Fast Asleep (67)!, 0 (piano version) (66)! VC AAAs: 76
Best VCs: Finders Keepers (64), Purple (64), Travel Demon (63), Final Step (63), A World of Piano (63), Balloon Fever (63), The Fusion (63)

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Staring at my Spaceship 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Demon Beast Appearance 4 clean
Gacha Gacha Figu Atto Radio 4 clean
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
Eternal Drain [Heavy] 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Destination of the Heart 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran 7-1-0-1
Face in the Gutter 8 clean
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Summer Time Perfume 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bubble Bath Aftermath 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2
Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Heavy] 9 clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master View Post
To be fair, having all the BlazBlue's isn't good taste more then it is common sense.

Last edited by ReikonKeiri; 04-11-2014 at 02:15 AM..
ReikonKeiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:00 AM   #216
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

king krush has the coolest entry animation, hands down

also nice dragonhawk
Old 04-11-2014, 03:13 AM   #217
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

maybe i'll download this and try it since it probably won't crash my laptop like league.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:03 AM   #218
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

it's a pretty relaxing game that you can do while doing other stuff like watching movies

try it
Old 04-11-2014, 05:01 AM   #219
Litodude
FFR Player

who's the chick in your avatar

also which anime was the one with the provacative bitch on it back then

dude
out west?

Quote:

Old 04-11-2014, 05:01 AM   #220
Litodude
FFR Player

***** i'm thirsty

dude
out west?

Quote: