Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-2-2007, 12:43 AM   #1
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin
Default TWG XL Hosting

More like TWG :E

Anywho, it's been a couple days, and the postgame chatter has died down... from not much to not much at all. Plus, a couple of people already have some good ideas for a game, so post them here, and I'll copy them all into this one for reference.
╚═╝ ║lll║ ║

OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT
Wilkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2007, 03:06 AM   #2
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx
Default Re: TWG XL Hosting

First Option: This is a slight modification to TWG 21 pretty much. TWG 21 didn't seem too drastic of a step from a normal game, so I decided to role with it.

16 players: (may be modified slightly for a larger or smaller number of players)

3 wolves (1 MW)
1 Guardian
1 Psychic
1 morph
1 pair of lovers (2 people)
8 humans

This is basically a normal game setup with a slightly new role (has been used twice? maybe once...) and a (I'm pretty sure) brand new role. (To FFR players anyway.)

As a reminder:

Morph - New role, this is a pretty sweet one. Every night, the morph CAN pick out four people still alive, and PMs them to the host. One of those people is randomly chosen, becoming the "target," and then the consequences are sent back to the morph.

If the target is a wolf, the morph role is lost, in exchange of the former-morph knowing which one of his four choices was the target.
If the target is the Master Wolf, the morph is killed, and it is announced the next day that Morph is dead (in addition to whoever was wolfed).
If the target is a human, the morph loses his powers, and the target is informed that he/she is now the morph.
If the target is a blue, the blue is not informed, but the morph now gets to use that blue's power for one night only, on the next night.

And the other new role(s):

Lovers: Two people are given this role at the start of the game and are both told who their partner is. If one of the lovers is killed (or lynched) the other dies of a broken heart. (If one lover is wolfed, the other dies the following night, in addition to whoever gets wolfed. If one lover is lynched, the other shows up dead the following morning, along with whoever is wolfed.) So in this situation, this role is pretty much a third party... sorta. They do however, win the same way any other green does.

2nd Option:

This game may seem a little crazier than a "normal game" but in reality it kind of just adds a little more confusion.

16 Players: (can be modified for more or less players)

2 pair of Wolves (subject to change)
1 matchmaker (explained below)
1 psychic
1 guardian
1 wolfsbane
6 pairs of lovers

This game will end up being a power game. By this I mean that it will move rather quickly. The lovers role is explained above, so you can see how there will be people dropping in this game almost all the time.

So basically the game is setup with a bunch of people being paired up into groups (Matchmaker's job.) After this point, it's up to everyone else to decide who to trust and who not to. 4 wolves for 16 players might seem like a bit much, but when the option is there for two wolves to go down at once, you can see how having only one pair of them may prove to be biased toward the humans. Also, it should be noted that the normal blue roles of this game (psychic, guardian, wolfsbane) are given out normally. These people will be in a pair with someone else as are the rest of the players (Just in case anyone was confused.)

So to explain the new role:

Matchmaker: This player is a blue. He/she is fine-tuned in the ways of romance and knows a great couple when he sees one. This player has a small but very important role in the game. The match maker is able to see any one player's lover. He/she then has the option of "cheating" (switching) partners with them. The only people notified of this change are the 4 involved in it. There is no public announcement of this happening. This happens at night, of course, as most blue roles do their thing then anyway.

Eg.

8(matchmaker) and 5(green): (pair 1)

4(green) and 7(blue): (pair 2)

matchmaker sees that 7 is 4's partner. (there is no role seen, simply the player's NAME.) depending on when this is done in the game, the power can be used simply for the match maker's preference (didn't like his/her partner), or (if used later in the game) to pick a partner they think is more important than their own. (Harsh, but often true.)

5,4, and 7 are informed of the change taking place and the game continues as usual.

okay, so there is one more catch. If the matchmaker's pick happens to be one of the wolves, the matchmaker (and wolf) will both die in the morning. (this isn't known until it's too late, as the matchmaker only sees a name, not a role.)

Lastly, if the matchmaker sees a player's partner and chooses not to switch with them, the power is lost and the matchmaker is left with the knowledge of another pair. (A kind of seer'ing if you will.)

okay, so that's the game. Don't forget that the guardian role in this game is extremely powerful. You now guard not only a single person, but a pair. Keep that in mind when making your choice.

Wolfsbane is also an important role here as well, as you're not only saving yourself, but your partner as well.

Hell, EVERY person needs to think for two in this game, which makes teamwork quite important. This would be a fast but quite fun IMO.

Last edited by xObserveRx; 01-2-2007 at 04:10 AM..
xObserveRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2007, 03:33 AM   #3
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

I just have a question about the morph taking a blue power in the first game. Do they use the power in addition to the blue they took it from lat night, or is the blue informed that they have been targeted and the morph basically picks for them?
╚═╝ ║lll║ ║

OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT
Wilkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2007, 04:08 AM   #4
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

From what I read, it seems to me that the blue would go about using their power during the night (thinking it would actually be used) but instead, the morph uses that power (however he/she sees fit) and only in the morning would the blue actually know that something was up (either someone else got guarded, no psychic report given to the blue, no seer report given to the blue).

If this isn't right, then I think the role's creator should clear it up.
Old 01-2-2007, 08:12 AM   #5
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Hey.

How about we don't make up a bunch of crazy blues?

Let's do something simple like last game. Cardflipping would be fun too.
Old 01-2-2007, 12:13 PM   #6
nijatwo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to nijatwo Send a message via MSN to nijatwo

I had an idea for a game that stemmed from the discussion about games really human-alliance balanced. I've talked it over with a few people, and right now it's

16 Players
3 Wolf
1 Master
Psychic
Guardian
Seer

The trick is, the blue roles are illegal in that if the host gets any sort of accurate psychic/seer/guardian report attached to a name or someone comes out in the thread they're immediately removed. The other option is to remove the psychic and include cardflipping. It's pretty much a regular game, just with the illegal blues + MW, the human alliance is harder to build.

flame away!
nijatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2007, 12:45 PM   #7
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

I like observer's first game -psychic +cardflipping (to balance the no seer)

Morph is kind of a specific role but whatever, I like it.

I also like nija's but not more than observer's.
Old 01-2-2007, 01:44 PM   #8
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

I'm not a big fan of the Lovers role in the first game. It seems to me like it pretty much screws over the two players, because they can't come out because they'll just get wolfed the next night. This hurts them because if one of them is suspected (i.e theres a good chance he/she will get lynched), the other one is going to have to lobby really, REALLY hard to save his partner, and if it succeeds, it's going to make him look wolfish. But if he fails, then they're both dead, which doesn't really seem fair.

I'll have to think a bit more about the morph role, because it seems like the power is based upon how lucky you are as opposed to using it skillfully

sertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2007, 02:03 PM   #9
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

IMO, the lover's role disadvantage is countered by the fact that they know who the other is. (Kind of like a doubled edged mason, which is a nice twist)
Old 01-2-2007, 02:12 PM   #10
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Read through TWG 19 and Cardflipping seems like a decent change from the psychic. So I'm modifying as follows.

16 players:

3 wolves (1 MW)
1 Guardian
1 Wolfsbane
1 Seer
1 Serial Killer (Third Party)
9 humans

So this is more than a modification of game 1; it's really an entirely new option.

So a few notable things to mention about this game:

1) The wolfsbane in this game works a bit differently than usual (I think.)
In this game, the wolfsbane has a choice every night. If he/she decides to sprinkle their wolfsbane in front of their own house (protect themself) and they are attacked by the wolves that night, a random wolf will be killed. However, the wolfsbane can choose to protect another player, resulting in a guardian like save. No wolves die in this situation. It should also be noted that the wolfsbane only protects from wolves. If the serial killer attacks someone the wolfsbane is protecting, or the wolfsbane him/herself, the attacked person will die.

2) The serial killer in this game is basically a third party. His/her win conditions are pretty much what you'd expect: If the wolves are all dead, and the serial killer remains, the game continues until either the serial killer is dead, or there's only one human and the serial killer left. If the game comes down to the wolves and the serial killer, and it's one wolf vs. the serial killer, the serial killer wins. If there are two wolves left and the serial killer, the killer loses. Pretty simple.

Also, it should be known that two people will most likely die each night. (except in the rare case that the killer and the wolves attack the same person.) This may seem unbalanced against the humans at first, but remember, there are two ways to be protected in this game (guard + wolfsbane), plus a seer. There's plenty of room for a human alliance to take a win here.

This game will involve card flipping. However, there are a few things that should be said about the flipping.

Humans - your card will be flipped and will say "Green".

Wolves (including master) - your card will be flipped and say "Red."

Seer, Guard, Wolfsbane - your card will be flipped and say "Blue."

Serial Killer - your card will be flipped and say "Green."

These rules apply for seer'ings as well, with 1 exception:

Master wolf - the seer will see you as "Green."

Last edited by xObserveRx; 01-2-2007 at 03:49 PM..
xObserveRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2007, 02:52 PM   #11
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Yes!! I like that one the most except don't let the SK be able to be seered. His role is already hard enough to win (I was one before). Make him come up human.

Having two MW type roles will cut down on iron clad alliances too IMO.
Old 01-2-2007, 03:06 PM   #12
nijatwo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to nijatwo Send a message via MSN to nijatwo

It might be good to have a crazy game after the traditional one =]
I'm in favor of observer's newest posted idea, I'll work on mine a bit and bring it back later.
nijatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2007, 03:46 PM   #13
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

yeah, I was waiting for someone to mention that iggy. I was thinking the SK was sorta in a bind, but I wanted someone else's input on it, just to make sure. I'll fix that.
Old 01-2-2007, 04:19 PM   #14
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

40 games, wow....

Observer's sounds fine.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2007, 05:07 PM   #15
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

I'd go with Observer's game.

I'm totally in for the 40th game.
mead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2007, 06:06 PM   #16
jwcgator
RIP ffrtokens
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jwcgator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijatwo View Post
I had an idea for a game that stemmed from the discussion about games really human-alliance balanced. I've talked it over with a few people, and right now it's

16 Players
3 Wolf
1 Master
Psychic
Guardian
Seer

The trick is, the blue roles are illegal in that if the host gets any sort of accurate psychic/seer/guardian report attached to a name or someone comes out in the thread they're immediately removed. The other option is to remove the psychic and include cardflipping. It's pretty much a regular game, just with the illegal blues + MW, the human alliance is harder to build.

flame away!
I like this game, but the only correction I would make is that if someone sends in an incorrect accusation like "JWCGATOR SEER'D IGGY AND HE CAME UP HUMAN" that player would die. This way you don't have anyone randomly guessing.
Old 01-2-2007, 06:25 PM   #17
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

Observer's post #10 sounds like a really fun game. I'm not a huge fan of "you just about can't win roles" so I'm sure the SK would appreciate any protection you can give them provided it doesn't overturn the game's balance in any major way. Nothing specific comes to mind just yet. Possibly one free wolfing protection. Wolves see who SK is but may opt to keep him around as he's offing humans along the way. Then when end game comes it's a battle of wits (of sorts) to see who can get the other lynched before their night kills come up. Just a thought.
-Bowser
StoicRoivaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2007, 08:04 PM   #18
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

observer's last sounds good.

serial killer doesn't trump a regular guarding, I assume?
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2007, 08:05 PM   #19
jwcgator
RIP ffrtokens
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jwcgator

After reading it again, observer's idea seems really interesting.
Old 01-2-2007, 08:11 PM   #20
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

In the last game with the SK, he was immune to being wolfed as the SK I think. (Course he was a vampire first and could be wolfed then changed into the SK)

Being immune to a wolfing would be excellent because we also have a guardian. Just another element to stop concrete alliance building.