Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 03:34 PM   #1
User6773

Default TWG VII - The Fox And Hounds - Day 6 End - Patriot takeover

Sorry, but I had no choice but to restart the game with new role selections for everyone due to quitting and cheating.

Masons have no special powers except from the fact that they know each other are human at the beginning of the game.

In case anyone is BREAKING THE RULES......here's what PMs look like.

You are a member of FOXHOUND (Human).
You are a CIA Agent (Mason).
You are a CIA Bodyguard (Guardian).
You are a KGB Informant (Psychic).
You are a Patriot Agent (Wolf).

The topic of private correspondence (email/PM/AIM) you have with the host is strictly off-limits. As your leader, I encourage you, from time to time (and always in a respectful manner), to question my logic. If you're unconvinced a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you. And I promise you, right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo, except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up the topic of private correspondence with me is this: I collect your fucking head. Just like this fucker here. Now, if any of you sons of &*#$@es got anything else to say, now's the fucking time! ... I didn't think so.

(100 coolness points to Stretchy for catching the reference.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
PREGAME
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Allright, men, listen up." The deep, grizzled voice of Colonel Roy Campbell fell flat against the padded walls of the interior of the C-141B Starlifter jet. "Listen up. It is extremely out of the ordinary for FOXHOUND to conduct a large-scale operation like this, and I would like to think that we could pull off any job with only one man, but it appears we'll need sixteen of you to handle this one." He grunted as he rested his chin in the crest of his hand.

"Two days ago our reconnaissance satellites picked up some interesting readings over the Gobi Desert in Northern China. It saw outlines of buildings, faint shadows of airstrips. It appeared that there was a hidden base in the open desert that we had never noticed before - and that the Chinese had never even mentioned at the negotiating table before. And here's the really interesting thing. We found several nuclear missile silos in the photographs."

Tasselfoot leans forward. "China intends to become a nuclear superpower?" he queries.

"It would seem that way," replies Campbell. "The Chinese have always held some nuclear missiles that they acquired and created during the Cold War, but in 1965 their nuclear missile development program suddenly lost a sizeable majority of its funding, and they were forced to cut back development. We never believed that they would wish to build up such a nuclear stockpile."

"Do you think they're planning on staging an attack on the United States?" asks Alain.

"It's impossible to say," says Campbell. "But what we do know is that China has a secret nuclear weapons research laboratory they don't want the rest of the world to know about."

"But how can they keep their base just hidden like that?" asks Lightdarkness.

"Our covert reconnaisance satellites can't use thermal imaging - they would only pick up the heat stored in the atmosphere rather than the heat on the ground. If our satellites got low enough to see a base, they would be spotted and shot down, and the U.S. would have an international crisis on its hands. Thus, our only form of satellite reconaissance comes in the form of photography, no different than common cameras. We can only assume that the Chinese have developed an optic camoflauge system that covers the entire base, allowing it to slip by our satellites."

"So FOXHOUND is doing reconnaisance work now?" asks Guido.

"Not just reconnaissance. I dragged you all out of bed at three in the morning because I received a hotline phone call from the Pentagon. It would seem that the U.S. has decided it is in its best interests to destroy the hidden Chinese base. Unfortunately our stealth bombers are too short range to hit it from a carrier in international waters without being seen, and of course an ICBM strike is out of the question. Which means we have to do this one on foot."

"And how will we get sixteen American soldiers into the heart of mainland China without anyone paying attention?" asks Blahblah.

"The jet we are on right now will climb to a height of 41,000 feet. From there, it will drop 16 canisters from its cargo bay." The Colonel gestures to the canisters. "You'll be in those. They have a pressurized internal environment, of course. When they fall to 15,000 feet, they will depressurize and open up. From there, you parachute out. You should be too small to be noticed, and you'll be landing about 20 miles west of the facility's supposed site. From there you are to group together, destroy all traces of your parachuting equipment, and proceed to the facility on foot. Weapons and equipment are OSP, of course. We're giving you nothing but a day's ration for the trek to the facility. From there, you'll have to make do with what you can find."

Campbell continues. "You have two mission objectives. First, you are to enter the facility and shut down the power to whatever is keeping the place cloaked. Our spy satellites should be in position over the facility in 10 hours. Try to have the power out by then."

The people in the aircraft look at each other. Clearly, their first mission as members of High Tech Special Forces Unit FOXHOUND wasn't going to be a walk in the park. Everyone knew FOXHOUND was the best of the best - the most physically strong and mentally intelligent soldiers, recruited in secret from all branches of the military. Everyone passed the rigorous field requirements of near-perfect target accuracy at distances of 500 feet, the 160+ IQ test, and enormous physical feats like 500 uninterrupted sit-ups and 400 uninterrupted pushups. But none of them realized exactly what would be expected of them. The 16 FOXHOUND members on the plane realized why they called men like the famous Solid Snake men "who make the impossible possible."

"Your second objective," says Campbell, "is to find out if the Chinese have the capability to launch a nuclear weapon, and stop them if they do. This includes the destruction of any nuclear materials as well as any delivery methods. This is why we need sixteen of you. The facility covers an area of two square miles. The entire facility must be destroyed. You can contact each other via Codec."

"Codec?" asks Afrobean.

"Codec is a special type of secure-channel transmission that works with nanomachines in your body that you were injected with when you joined FOXHOUND," says the Colonel. "It allows you to communicate through brain impulses, and it directly stimulates the small bones in your inner ear. It's a completely silent radio channel. The nanomachines also regulate and monitor vital signs."

"Does that mean a failure of the nanomachines can kill us?" asks Verruckter.

"It would take a targeted attack to do such a thing - a simple failure wouldn't cut it," responds Campbell.

"Now," he says, "is your objective clear? Any more questions?"

The squad is silent.

"Put on your oxygen masks and gather your equipment. We reach the drop zone in 15 minutes. Move out!"

The Colonel enters the cabin, and the sixteen present members of FOXHOUND prepare for the mission of their lives.

High Tech Special Forces Unit FOXHOUND
Guidohunter
lightdarkness
CypherToorima
Afrobean
Stretchypanda
Jpec07
Tasselfoot
Blahblah
Evilbutterfly
Eyespewgreekfire
Verruckter
Flypie
Emccky
HansSky
DJ Shox
Alainbryden

TIMING RULES FOR VOTING
Day 1 lasts 60 hours or when an instalynch (50%+ of the votes) is reached. All other days last 48 hours or when an instalynch is reached.
Instalynch can happen at any time.

As soon as the game is in a state of instalynch (meaning someone has 50%+), no votes can be changed and no new votes can be cast.

If you don't vote before the deadline and there is no instalynch, you are penalized with a phantom vote.

Phantom votes count as a regular vote in every circumstance except ties. Meaning they can help towards you getting 50% of the vote faster.

IN THE EVENT OF A TIE, the following criteria will be used, in order:
1) If one person has more of the votes for them being phantom votes, that person stays alive. (Meaning 5 votes counts as more votes than 4 regular and a phantom.)
2) We look at past votes - meaning where everyone stood at the end of previous days. Whichever of the contested people has more past votes, dies.
3) Knife in box.

Nights last 24 hours maximum. I expect those with special roles to be more active, meaning I can hear from you at least once every 24 hours. If not more.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:00 PM   #2
User6773

Default RE: TWG VII - The Fox And Hounds - Night 1 + Pregame Story

-The program is running, right?
-Of course it is. We're in full control now.
-And none of them are going to notice?
-The more astute ones might. But we'll deal with them quickly enough.
-How are A, B, and C doing?
-Vital signs normal, all brain functions at 100%, signal quality is uninterrupted. They're completely inside.
-Amazing. Those scientist bastards are something else.
-We've got the budget to handle it. All the top scientists in the world are at our disposal, if we so much as give the word.
-Why couldn't we get all 16 of them?
-Because those FOXHOUND types are sneaky little S.O.B.s. It was hard enough to get our hands on three.
-And we don't have access to the others' programs?
-Nope. But it doesn't take much to override the command buffer. We just need their Codec frequencies, and enough time to crack the encryption schemes.
-And I'm sure you have a whole bunch of NSA codebreakers working on that day and night, right?
-Just enough that the NSA won't notice.
-So who's target #1?
-I have his codename, and they broke through the encryption scheme. Give the word and he's dead.
-Do it.

The cargo bay of the FOXHOUND plane opens up, releasing its payload of 16 canisters. Falling at tremendous speeds and barely visible against the night sky, they soon eject even smaller, fainter figures from their bellies. Sixteen tiny parachutes open up, and the canisters crumble into dust as the paratroopers land one by one in the sand.

The sixteen members of FOXHOUND gather in a large dimple of sand in the desert. They are all camoflauged in brown sandy tones, but they wear traditional FOXHOUND sneaking suits underneath.

"We better start moving immediately," says Tasselfoot. "We've got to be at that facility in 2 and a half hours, and it's 20 miles away. I hope you all enjoy a good desert jog."

They all nod. Cypher adresses the others. "Let's make our preparations and -"

He is cut off by a sharp silence, and a look of shock. Cypher begins to gag loudly, and his chest is shot far forward while his stomach caves in.

He vomits, and starts coughing up blood seconds before he drops to the ground. He starts spasmating violently, and cuts begin to appear all over his body. He finally stiffens after letting out one final scream.

The Colonel calls in over Codec. "What the hell just happened?" he shouts. "We lost Cypher's vital signs!"

"He's dead, Colonel," says Djshox. "Looks like some kind of violent seizure. Or like he was being throttled by some invisible ghost. Was he sick?"

"Impossible," says the Colonel. "You know you had complete medical examinations before this exercise. We detected nothing abnormal in any of you!"

"Then explain the cuts all over his body!" shouts HansSky.

"The only explanation is that the nanomachines in his body went haywire. But we detected no signs of failure. The vital signs just went off our screen immediately!"

"Could this be some sort of hacker attack?" asks Verruckter.

"Maybe," mutters the Colonel. "But the nanomachines are controlled over Codec, so the only suspects are people who know your Codec frequencies."

"Meaning the people involved in this mission," says Stretchypanda.

"If this is true," says the Colonel, "then you have spies in your midst. Everyone in the mission support crew has undergone a complete psychological profiling by expert psychologists before this mission. You now have a third objective. Eliminate any spies in your midst, by any means possible! Campbell out."

"How are we going to handle this?" asks Eyespew.

"Popular vote," says Jpec. "We're FOXHOUND. The best of the best. We're smart enough to figure this one out."

It is now Day 1. Voting deadline is Wednesday at 7 AM EST.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:07 PM   #3
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Well, at least they didn't kill me twice in a row like they did Kefit. Too bad for Cypher, though. Anybody here have close ties with him and maybe would have been put in jepordy if he was alive?

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 12-19-2004, 05:08 PM   #4
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Guido

Random vote, took the first on the list.

Will change if someone sparks my attention.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:12 PM   #5
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

weird. i woulda predicted guido or blahblah to be picked off on night 1. cypher probably would have been 3rd on my list.

what i want to know is... why do the wolves always insist on killing the people that i talk to on a regular basis.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:13 PM   #6
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Random voting this early seems suspicious to me. I mean, I'd understand if it was closer to the end of the day and you had to avoid a phantom vote, but I mean geez. Especially from you, who always seems to be around to vote plenty, I didn't expect such a quick "random" vote.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:14 PM   #7
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default Re: RE: TWG VII - The Fox And Hounds - Night 1 + Pregame Sto

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly
Random voting this early seems suspicious to me. I mean, I'd understand if it was closer to the end of the day and you had to avoid a phantom vote, but I mean geez. Especially from you, who always seems to be around to vote plenty, I didn't expect such a quick "random" vote.
Trying to get things going

I"ve always voted randomly in my first post
Old 12-19-2004, 05:14 PM   #8
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: TWG VII - The Fox And Hounds - Night 1 + Pregame

I think that's just silly.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:14 PM   #9
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

i thought the same thing EB.... but, also... LD changes his vote about 8 times on day 1 (on average), and usually does toss in a quick random vote at the start of the day. so, i'm not sure how unusual it is.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:22 PM   #10
Jpec07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Jpec07 Send a message via MSN to Jpec07

Tasselfoot

From what I hear you know how to play the game really well. If this is the case then I think that you should be taken out; someone with a great ability to keep secrets and manipulate people is a great threat in this game, not to mention your posts strikes up some suspicion with me...

Old 12-19-2004, 05:22 PM   #11
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Has he ever been a wolf and done this? I still think it's silly and suspicious kinda. I dunno, though, we'll see.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:23 PM   #12
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: RE: TWG VII - The Fox And Hounds - Night 1 + Pregame Sto

Quote:
Has he ever been a wolf and done this? I still think it's silly and suspicious kinda. I dunno, though, we'll see.
I have yet to be a wolf :'(

Go check the other games, and don't worry, I WILL change my vote
Old 12-19-2004, 05:27 PM   #13
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Alrighty, just don't change it to me, haha.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:28 PM   #14
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG VII - The Fox And Hounds - Night 1 + Pre

Quote:
Honestly, I was thinking about it. It seemed you were trying to pin something on me, but as you said on aim, there is still 59 hours left.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:29 PM   #15
Jpec07
FFR Player

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG VII - The Fox And Hounds - Night 1 + Pre

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdarkness
Quote:
Honestly, I was thinking about it. It seemed you were trying to pin something on me, but as you said on aim, there is still 59 hours left.
59 Hours or the infamous Instalynch (TM)

Old 12-19-2004, 05:30 PM   #16
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG VII - The Fox And Hounds - Night 1 +

Did we get to an instalynch Day 1 in TWG 5? You'd think we would have, but I can't remember if it happened or not.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:31 PM   #17
Jpec07
FFR Player

getting nine people to vote before 60 hours is up would be an imposibility where I'm from, but with the speed of these signups, I wouldn't be surprised...

Old 12-19-2004, 05:34 PM   #18
eyespewgreekfire
FFR Player

Jpec, what is with trying to back a vote up like this. People's suspicious activity BEFORE the game mean nothing. It seriously sounds like you wanna get rid of tass because hes your main enemy. If youre human, you dont know who your friends or enemies are. Besides, this most likely will change, I got plenty of time.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:35 PM   #19
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Hm, why would they pick Cypher? I know Cypher talks to blah a lot, or at least I think. I remember Cypher was the seer that one game and was working closely with blah and Tass.

Yeah, that doesn't give much to go on...

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:35 PM   #20
Jpec07
FFR Player

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG VII - The Fox And Hounds - Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyespewgreekfire
If youre human, you dont know who your friends or enemies are.
And You do? I'm not going to try and defend myself against your accusations. I am basing my vote off the fact that it has been said of him that he is very devious. If this is the case, and it turns out he is a wolf, wouldn't it be better for us to be rid of him? Sure, there is the chance that he's one of the other special roles, and a good guy, and that he's just plain old human. The fact of the matter is that I'm willing to take a risk.
(also, his post about how "why do they kill my friends?" seemed rather suspicious to me, and he seems like the kind of player who, if I were a wolf, I would have wanted to kill off first thing).

Closed Thread