Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-3-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default TWG XXVI: The Werewolf Game TWG (game over)

PMs have been sent out. Only the wolves and the guardian recieved PMs, and I'll be contacting them over AIM to ensure that they received their roles. Story will come when game starts.

Any issues, please contact me on Afrobean16 over AIM.

Player list:

FishFishRevolution (insanelikeafish)
Tasselfoot (Tasselfoot)
nforcer06164 (nforcer06164)
iggymatrixcounter (iggy911Mc)
vashthestampede0987 (Pyro31191)
Tps222 (Tps7910)
lightdarkness (lightdarkness42)
evilbutterfly (evilbutterfly87)
HansSky (NotSoFarOff)
Talisman (stressreliefball)
Tasuke (tasuke1382)
Kilgamayan (bjstrattonIM)
MiniNeo (Min1ne0)
mead1 (Fhqwhgads703)

(Wolfing)---(Lynching)
I am updating this player list to indicate who has died. Updates to the list will most likely come when I edit the title of the thread.

I'm giving the wolves and guardian until tomorrow night (Saturday) at 10 PM EST to get their PMs to me. After that, if I didn't receive anything, they lose their chance. Update should come sometime tomorrow night after 10.
Old 02-4-2006, 06:34 PM   #2
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Default RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

(pregame+night1kill)

"Hey guys, I think it's time we do another TWG."

It was Vash. For once, he'd taken time out of his day of flaming newbs and sucking at MS to IM me.

vashNUMBERSLOL (26:87:15): srsly we shud do another game of twg
Afrobean16 (26:87:24): I agree.
Afrobean16 (26:87:39): In fact, I'd love to host.

Tass, after coming back from some work on that FFRcade thing, seemed to think this was a great idea as well...

"hay vash i wanted to make the 'lets do twg again' thread roflmao lol bbq"

(I'm so good at quotes)

But anyways, I seemed to be the only one who wanted to host. Kinda lame, really. I wanted to play, but I've been waiting to host, and I have no problem with doing so now.

Our resident former ghost, evilbutterfly backed this plan as well. He was excited to play again after being dead for so long.

Even LD voiced an opinion of wanting to play. All Mr. FoJaR could manage though was "****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ******" etc.

*insert backstories for all the players that I don't really know well here*

It was time for signups at last. There was a brilliant turn out with many note worthy happens, but if you really care about that, I don't think TWG is the place for you. I'd suggest an infirmary, since even the most interesting of things going down in a signup thread is still quite boring.

Either way, I was kind of dissappointed. I was hoping for more than 14 signups, but I'll work with what I have (especially since Tass said that a 14 player game would work best for fair numbers, even though I would have liked to add another wolf and more humans).

I was especially happy about a few of the signups though. Kilga made good timing in his comeback, and it's my understanding that Tps had been grounded. I was glad to see my buddy eb sign up, as well as a few names I recognize from jTWG (good luck, by the way, iggy and tasuke). And in related news, Hansky is cool, even though he shares my less than cool name.

Mead has been a jerk towards me lately, so rather than giving a decent thing about him, I'll simply say this:

"Mead walked homosexually down the street while humming an especially gay song. He paused for a moment when he realized that he was being sexually assaulted by a large grizzly bear, but soon disregarded the bear entirely as merely a 'good time lol.' That mead is one messed up kid."

Hmm... I've said something about everyone it seems, except for minineo.

Umm... What's the deal with that name dude? Are you supposed to be like a midget version of this Mr. Anderson fellow? I don't understand.

(end pregame dealie)

Saturday night finally rolled around. After being hassled quite extensively last night, I decided it'd be a good idea to not dilly-dally until the time I said, and I'd see about getting the game up and running. One by one, all of the users checked the TWG thread to see who died. Surely, all but two of them were worried about being the one wolfed the night before.

They all came in to find that FishFishRevolution had been killed. A sad event really. My condolences go out to Mrs. Revolution.

-----------------------

Ok. Fish is dead. It is now day 1. There are 13 players left-- that would be 7 for an instalynch (as if that ever happens on day 1).

FishFishRevolution (insanelikeafish)
Tasselfoot (Tasselfoot)
FoJaR (theeastbaykid)
iggymatrixcounter (iggy911Mc)
vashthestampede0987 (Pyro31191)
Tps222 (Tps7910)
lightdarkness (lightdarkness42)
evilbutterfly (evilbutterfly87)
HansSky (NotSoFarOff)
Talisman (stressreliefball)
Tasuke (tasuke1382)
Kilgamayan (bjstrattonIM)
MiniNeo (Min1ne0)
mead1 (Fhqwhgads703)

After getting the AIM names together I realize that I've forgotten a deadline. I will have one shortly. Until then, you can just pretend this is a never ending day.

EDIT: New post is just to ensure you see the deadline and don't over look it. The deadline is Tuesday at 10 EST.

PS wow I typed a lot of garbage here. Just skip to the end, like I'm sure you already did and that's why you're reading this post script right now.
Old 02-4-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Dead line is gonna be Tuesday night at 10 PM EST (~3 days is a good length for day1, yes?). I'll do my best to be on, but I'd appreciate if you all would just stop posting at 10 EST.

And for you newbies out there: http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java

That's the time. Not FFR time. Not your own personal clock. It's that.
Old 02-4-2006, 07:30 PM   #4
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

Roles were random this game, correct? I'm just assuming that's the case, just checking cause I don't think it was specifically stated.
Old 02-4-2006, 08:19 PM   #5
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Why does everyone think I would cheat?

Yes. The roles are completely random. It's basically a given that they are random unless otherwise stated, really.
Old 02-4-2006, 08:48 PM   #6
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

pwned

ps TASS IS STILL ALIVE HE MUST BE A WOLF
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 02-4-2006, 09:11 PM   #7
talisman
Resident Penguin

hokay so like real post.

fish - nothing to say about it really. Not an unusual choice, a fairly smart one probably.

blue strategy - no blues lol. But yeah, guardian, if you do guard someone successfully, tell them. Then that person comes out and gets to be the front of the enormous 2 person alliance. basically. Yeah yeah yeah the wolves could fake it but considering we'd just lynch one and then the other, it's more likely they won't want to guarantee that they'll lose essentially half of their force.

PS if two people come to you telling you that they guarded and saved you, be extra careful about it. Come out and at least tell us that two people are telling you they saved you. It would be a tough call as to whether you reveal both those names.... hopefully with some analysis you could just figure out which one it is and spare us from lynching the guardian.
Old 02-4-2006, 09:16 PM   #8
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Well call me the newb for bringing this up, but can't a guardian guard a wolf? If that's the case then that strategy would kill the guardian and no one would know he's dead, except the wolves.
Old 02-4-2006, 09:22 PM   #9
talisman
Resident Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
if you do guard someone successfully
no wolf will ever be guarded successfully in this game, unless the wolves are uber retarded and chance wolfing one of themselves, or if the guardian is uber retarded and tells one of the wolves he is guarding them... in which case most likely he'd just get killed. So yeah. The chance a wolf will guarded is the chance that the wolves would want to wolf one of their own (REALLY small) multiplied by the chance the guardian actually randomly picks one of them (also small, though depends on how late in the game it is).
Old 02-4-2006, 09:25 PM   #10
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Yeah man, if EB didn't put card flipping in TWG 19, that is exactly what I would have done.

Anyways

IMO, the most obvious person to kill fish could be mead, mainly because they have met IRL and are g-bin buds. This is leading me to believe he is not a wolf. Other than that, I have not a clue, gut feeling points to FoJaR, but I don't know why. Get at me anytime on AIM up until the SuperBowl tomorrow.
Old 02-4-2006, 09:26 PM   #11
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Got it, I missed that successfully part.
Old 02-4-2006, 09:37 PM   #12
MiniNeo
FFR Player

Wait... so is there cardflipping in this game?
Old 02-4-2006, 09:41 PM   #13
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Default Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniNeo
Wait... so is there cardflipping in this game?
No. There is not card flipping this game.
Old 02-4-2006, 09:48 PM   #14
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

Ok, so fish being wolfed leaves me with the possibility that it was a jTWG player who was around when Fish started. (Mini, fojar, mead, iggy and myself I believe) Playing with Fish would mean they know he's experienced, but wouldn't wolf off any other of the veteran TWG players due to either A) Lack of background knowledge on the player or B) Obvious choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
Old 02-4-2006, 09:54 PM   #15
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Veteran players really haven't been wolfed night 1 in a while. The last attempt was on talisman 2 games ago, which he was guarded. Usually, the trend has been the best player who isn't viewed as a power-player, Fish could fit into that category. That leads me to believe it was someone who has played TWG for a lot of games. (tass, kilga, EB, Ld, Hans, Tali) to name a few.
Old 02-4-2006, 10:06 PM   #16
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan
pwned

ps TASS IS STILL ALIVE HE MUST BE A WOLF
QFT
Old 02-4-2006, 10:22 PM   #17
Tasuke
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tasuke Send a message via MSN to Tasuke
Default RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

So from what I get from all of this is that it was either a more or less random wolfing, involving
who a good player that isn't the best, because they would probably be gaurded. Or, it was possibly
someone holding a grudge from a previous game, maybe where Fishfish figured them out or something,
which I doubt 'cuz grudge wolfings are almost always too obvious.
Old 02-4-2006, 10:25 PM   #18
talisman
Resident Penguin

Fish was obviously wolfed because one of the wolves knows that he's always helpful and active, and that he wasn't a likely guard. Kind of a dick move for a guy just coming off a one-game suspension, but whatever. Anyway, it's hard to really say anything about who the wolves are based on that. Even if you've only played in jTWG, you're likely to be aware of fish's general activity. It does seem like something that a more experienced TWG vet would suggest though--I think tps is on the right track there. Given though that this game is split roughly half and half between TWG/jTWG players though, statistically you'd expect one of the two wolves to be experienced (with TWG) anyway.
Old 02-4-2006, 11:57 PM   #19
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Oh whoops, game started. With all that radio business yesterday then playing games all day today I hadn't noticed. SORRY GUYS!

Quote:
Roles were random this game, correct?
Of course not, he handpicked me as guardian AND wolf so I win no matter what. 8)

Quote:
Veteran players really haven't been wolfed night 1 in a while.
Didn't Tass get wolfed a bunch early on there for a streak of games, just because humans stopped caring about him and the wolves were into being complete asses? Or was it that he kept getting lynched? My memory is terrible. x___x

Quote:
IMO, the most obvious person to kill fish could be mead, mainly because they have met IRL and are g-bin buds.
I don't see how meeting (like, twice) IRL would make mead want to kill fish, and I don't see how him wanting to kill fish would make him least likely to do it....I dunno, your whole logic there just doesn't make sense to me.

And a word on the guardian subject: Easy way to avoid guarding wolves who might wolf themselves is to just not guard anybody who asks to be guarded (yes, even Tass, he's only asking cuz he's selfish anyway). Of course, the opposite of this strategy would be to pretend like you're a newby guardian and IM whoever you're guarding that night and be like "I'm guarding you 8) lol" but then they'd probably just wolf the guardian, so that's a dumb plan and wouldn't work at all. Thus, don't guard people who ask for guarding.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 02-5-2006, 07:38 AM   #20
Tps222
FFR Player

It's like you and Afro. They probably know each other a bit more than we do, so if one is a wolf, you theoretically ditch the other, because they might know each others tendancy's. Though, since this seems too obvious of a move IMO, I'm going to view Mead as a human for now. I know that isn't very good evidence, but I'm working with the little that I have,
Closed Thread